The Problem with Pot, Part Two

Might the fun of reefer madness and munchies come with an energetic price?

So, continuing with an aura reading perspective on what marijuana really does to make a person feel high.

A certain kind of chemical reaction occurs. Hello, grass is a mind-altering drug!

In medicine, the term is “Psychoactive.” In terms of consciousness, what happens to Joe? His awareness raises to a higher vibration. He begins to experience life based in one of those subtle bodies in his aura. This is an astral body, not a human-type body.

Every human incarnation comes complete with a human body, and we also have auras. Everyone does, not just humans but Spike (mentioned in Part One of this series) and other animals, plants. Even so-called “inanimate” objects contain an astral component.

While Joe is high, he has shifted in his consciousness to be vibrationally positioned at an astral level corresponding to the frequencies of the mind-altering drug.

Cocaine and heroin produce different types of astral high, at higher frequencies than pot. What makes me think so? Aura research for clients.

Imagine the wonder of it, slipping into a sweet astral life within life, courtesy of some friendly weed.

Maybe you don’t have to wonder, actually. Maybe you have tried a few tokes on your own, like me back in the 1960’s. (Motto, “If you remember the sixties, you weren’t there.” But that’s only a joke. Recovering hippies like me can, pretty much, remember.)

What is it like, energetically, being high on weed? It can feel great, like winning at the most amazing kind of treasure hunt.

When you were a kid, weren’t you fascinated by secret passageways? Hidden dimensions? Narnia or fairies or “Imaginary” playmates who were really astral and very real?

Kids move in and out of the astral a lot. By age five, most of us are stay positioned pretty reliably in consciousness as human, rather than identifying with an astral body. After age 12, most of us become even more strongly integrated into human frequencies. Objective reality becomes our default positioning of consciousness.

At any age, however, astral experiences fascinate us. Paranormal flash can out-flash human frequencies every time.

By comparison with The Romance of the Astral, Las Vegas seem tame.

Divine experiences, at an even higher frequency, can become a life calling. No wonder you can surf the Net and discover so many resources about aura reading, meditation, energy healing, psychic development, and more!

The trick is to balance all of these higher-vibe interests with being human.

Through the chemical assist of weed, however, there is instant immersion. So temptingly intense! During his high, Joe moves into experiencing life in a whole new way, at an astral frequency hidden in life on earth. Thanks to the chemical assist, astral frequencies feel more real than everyday human frequencies.

Since The Shift in December 2012, going astral has felt more compelling than ever. Yet the growth potential for us is to integrate astral energies. Not to escape into psychic or spiritual experiences.

Although escape seems so tempting, how good is that for us? Could there be problems just because pot causes Joe to identify with an astral body, not his physical one?

No Wonder, Those Munchies

Being stoned on marijuana, one of the famous, giggle-some side effects is known as “The Munchies.” Such cravings, and delight, related to eating junk food.

Apart from reasons connected to chemistry, admittedly not my field of inquiry, I offer this consciousness-based explanation for Joe’s munchies.

While high, his tasting experiences are done through a human body. Not based in the human body. (Why? Because, at that time, Joe is not identifying with his human body. More like a tourist visiting earth while living in his astral body.)

Not feeling as if in the human body while stoned, gee, where have you heard that idea before? Medical marijuana for chronic pain, that’s where.

Sure, pain can be reduced with pot. Just as it would be with morphine or cocaine or heroin. Lesser side effects but a similar model.

Whichever of these substance Joe takes, his consciousness will go for a ride. Not like sitting in a car on a Ferris wheel. More like being one of the cars on the Ferris wheel. Joe identifies with the appropriate astral body for the level to which that drug takes him.

Of course there will not be pain any more. Physical pain is part of the human condition. Guardian angels, ghosts, and other astral beings do not feel human physical pain.

Let’s be clear. I feel compassion for people who suffer physical pain, especially chronic pain or disability. Finding help is essential. However,  I strongly recommend hypnosis for pain control, not marijuana.

Not all hypnotists specialize in pain control any more than all hypnotists do stage performances. Like any healing professionals, hypnotists have specialties. Disclaimer: I am a professional consulting hypnotist. However, I don’t specialize in pain control any more than I do those entertaining, eye-opening, hypno-performances.

But who does specialize in hypnosis for pain control? One hypnotist I can recommend is the world-renowned pain specialist, Mr. Ali Moadab, C.H. We have other fabulously effective professional hypnotists as well. (If you are interested in scientific documentation about pain control through hypnosis, one great resource is the National Guild of Hypnotists. Quick version: Hypnosis for pain control has been used successfully for everything from chronic illness to natural childbirth.)

From the perspective of energetic literacy, hypnosis for pain control activates subconscious resources and can establish natural energetic sub-routines within a person’s chakra databanks. Why not avoid aura-level side effects that come inevitably with a marijuana high?

Bigger Problems with Pot than The Munchies

Moving out of the physical realm in consciousness, while still being human? There are plenty of consequences, some of them pretty awful.

Big problems arise after the high wears off. Chemicals are involved here, folks. Pot doesn’t produce a natural high like meditation, which will be integrated after the spiritual exercise is over.

Reinserting into human reality produces one especially troubling long-term souvenir on the level of consciousness. And not just leftover munchies stuck to a plate. It’s frozen blocks of energy.

This type of STUFF comes from overload experiences, more than a human can handle at the time. Frozen blocks can also come from emotional trauma, winning the lottery, living in a war zone.

Sometimes we can avoid taking on frozen blocks because we are extra-strong emotionally or spiritually, or we have learned ways to avoid being negatively imprinted by life events. Enlightenment helps too.

However, physical life for a human has some ground rules that cannot be broken without penalty. For instance, you cannot make a New Year’s Resolution that sleep will no longer be needed. Similarly, no attitude adjustment can keep a pot high from producing at least one significant frozen block. Every time.

The more cluttered up an aura becomes from frozen blocks, the worse human life seems.

Caught in this vicious cycle, Joe prefers living in his astral body. He becomes increasingly unimpressed by human anything. Other potheads will sympathize, but not too many other humans who live substance free.

Chemically, pot may not yet be considered addictive. Aurically it sure is, in ways that could be considered psychologically addictive but subtle, such as a STUFF-ridden Root Chakra Databank for Making Contact with Reality, or loads of STUFF impacting the Belly Chakra Databank for Sexual Connection with Others.

My favorite quote so far, related to the latter? One of my long-term clients, Gladys, was married to a pothead. In one session, I researched his aura. Guess what I found at his Belly Chakra Databank for Sexual Connection with Others?

“Maybe I feel a little excited but I’m not going to bother with an erection. It’s too much work.”

Sure a bit of work is involved in a man’s erection. However, that rather human sexual response does not usually seem like too much work for a healthy man in his thirties. But this man? He lived in his astral body most of his waking hours. For him, making enough of a transition into the physical to move that part of his body? Sadly, that felt like heavy lifting.

To start making love in the usual way, consciousness centered in a human-level body is a prerequisite.

Why Do Doctors Advocate Medical Marijuana?

Stage Three Energetic Literacy just might not be part of their training. (Yet.)

When it comes to scientific experiments on a surface, human level, very little is known medically about marijuana. Only recently has there even been the equivalent of the breathalyzer test for drunk drivers.

Without energetic literacy, how can doctors appreciate that the big problem with pot is a shift of identity, related to vibrational shifts in consciousness?

I don’t blame the hardworking professionals in American allopathic medicine. To become a physician, one has to be brilliant. Not omniscient.

Moreover, today’s M.D.’s have enough to do without taking a stand on the counter-culture topic of reincarnation. I will, though. Some of the healing I facilitate includes past-life regression, the system of Soul Energy Awakening Hypnosis. Due to my work in this field, I am convinced that frozen blocks of energy are a unique kind of STUFF.

Other types of STUFF end with a human incarnation (cords of attachment, psychic coercion, stuck spirits, etc.) But when a soul reincarnates, while still in the womb, what happens? All frozen blocks that were not resolved by the end of the last incarnation become part of the developing body-and-aura package.

Hence another compelling reason to question medical marijuana and recreational marijuana: What goes around comes around. Frozen blocks may not seem to matter today, but consequences will be faced tomorrow, like it or not.

Many of us humans are homesick for heaven. Well, before incarnating here, we were angels, free as birds and far more radiant.

Smoking dope makes us feel like angels again. However, we pay a price.

Adventurous Reader, earth is the evolutionary adventure you signed up for. Better to learn how to lift up your consciousness than to depend on a chemical high.

Dave says:

Great follow up.

I remember when I was in High School, one of the earlier times I smoked pot, I was in the car with some friends. I was very stoned on extra strong pot and we were listening to music. Suddenly I was visualizing the ups and downs of the music as electric blue waves popping up almost right in front of my eyes.

“This stuff is amazing!” I thought to myself. “How could I have gone so long without it?”

A funny anecdote about my pot smoking time was that I’d almost always have some sort of epiphany about human life. Like a big aha! about myself or about society. Like a nearly life changing realization. And then every time I’d sober up, I couldn’t remember what the life changing epiphany was. Or it wouldn’t make total sense to my sober brain.

I’d have access while high to some cool insights that were almost invariably not applicable to my real life.

Louisa says:

I appreciate you talking about this, Rose. I definitely struggled to rationalize getting high for quite a while in my life. It’s nice to hear it’s auric effects explained this way. I look forward to a post explaining more about frozen blocks!

LOUISE and DAVE, thanks so much for our first comments at this post about what pot does with consciousness that makes the substance so addictive.

You and other Blog-Buddies are invited to add comments here about your own experiences, about also about other people you have known who have struggled with marijuana.

In addition, I invite you to help me with a project related to this little sequence of posts on weed.

I would like to devote further articles to researching the aura-level consequences of addiction to heroin, cocaine, maybe other psychoactive substances as well.

For research into the effects of each substance, I need a photo as a basis for aura reading. That would be a clear photograph, taken from a straight angle.

Of course, this needs to be a public figure who is well known to have a problem with that substance at that time.

Send names and links in the form of comments below. Thanks in advance.

Incidentally, that is a link to names and photos of drug-taking specialists.

For instance, a helpful Blog-Buddy brought the example of Nigella Lawson, who unfortunately has been accused by two ex-assistants of abusing drugs for the past 10 years — cannabis, cocaine, prescription medications.

This would be an example of “Not a specialist.”

I want to learn more about the energetic signature of different substances. Over the years I have learned mostly from cords of attachment and pulling out energetic holograms.

Now I would like to do research from photographs. Photos of drug “Specialists.”

Louisa says:

“…at that time, Joe is not identifying with his human body. More like a tourist visiting earth while living in his astral body.” I think that’s a really accurate description of being high! It’s really nice to feel like you’re in heaven and that the mundane things seem fascinating again, like when you were a child.

I struggled with depression when I was younger and by my 20s smoked weed every day, multiple times a day. The escape was great and it seemed to help me creatively. Eventually I stopped, and now it’s been so long (about 4 years) that one hit will make me really paranoid and uncomfortable.

One of my best friends from that time, who is an artist, still smokes all day every day. She’s always been one of those people who you really can’t count on, even though she has a wonderful heart. Just classic, extreme stoner flakey-ness. We’ve since grown apart and hardly see each other though I feel we will always feel close. Most of the people I know who smoke a lot of pot seem to obviously be trying to avoid feelings and issues. I can empathize, I know how hard it is to quit.

I do miss the “high” but I also know that smoking weed won’t solve the problem that brought me to it in the first place! What you said, Rose, resonated with me- that the point of being here is being human! I’ve definitely tried to escape with weed and alcohol but do not want to continue with those habits. These articles are really validating!

Louisa says:

I found some photos of celebs who are/were addicted or frequently using drugs:

Flying Lotus, an electronic music artist who has used DMT. I can’t guarantee isn’t also smoking pot however.
    Here he talks about his experiences of astral projection, and DMT. (highlight the text to be able to read it better)

Louisa says:

Nico, from The Velvet Underground

“As Dr. Demetrius put it, ‘Nico needs to work in order to buy heroin, and heroin in order to work’.”

Louisa says:

People frequently come down with opiates/barbituates so there might be some of those in the mix.

I also think it’d be interesting to find specialists in LSD and MDMA.

Big thanks, LOUISA.

And congratulations to you on emerging from the mind-altering haze!

Let’s expand the research question I have posed to all you Blog-Buddies.

1. Please continue to supply links of substance “specialists” who are public figures, photographed right before going into rehab (or the equivalent).

2. Let’s have a weird kind of popularity contest.

Please share, one comment at a time, which “Substance specialist” you are especially interested in my researching for this blog.

For instance, “John Belushi for Cocaine.”

If someone seems especially interesting to you, let us all know as well.

I will keep score off blog and pay attention to the reasons you supply for researching one celebrity rather than another. Each story is such a tragedy. At least we can turn some of this into educational experiences, not just the usual surface-reality cautionary tales.

Bit by bit, I aim to write a post on one person with specializing in each substance.

David.. says:

Thanks for the details on this subject, Rose.

I tried pot a few times back in the day but it made me spacey and it seemed like another kind of cigarette smoke-wise, so I never did much with it. It was common here though.

I met a fellow trying to get away from the pot scene. His “friends” were pushers and it was very prevalent at his work. I later ran into him and was happy to find he’d taken up meditation.

Later, when on long meditation courses, I noted that those with a drug history were much less likely to have “good experiences”. Foggy nervous system.

David.. says:

“Smoking dope makes us feel like angels again.”
    Can’t say I agree with that one. It may help us escape our human experience a little but as you mention, it only makes it worse over time. And it builds baggage we’ll carry forward through lifetimes. Really, really not worth the trade-off.

Dave says:

I would like you to research MDMA more than anything.

It’s generally thought of as a happier and safer drug than most in the drug world. It was originally developed as a substance to be used in therapy.

From my own drug experience, it’s felt the most authentic and open-hearted out of all illegal drugs I’ve tried.

I will look for a picture of someone doing it.

Isabella says:

I’m interested in MDMA (aka molly) too. It’s become very popular and it’s easy to understand why. I’ll look for some pictures and get back. I’d really like to learn about this too so I’ll probably read some of these pictures as well.

Isabella says:

Re: David’s comment #16 and “smoking dope makes us feel like angels again.”

That line stuck out for me as well and always has when you talked about marijuana. Because it never made me feel like an angel; more like an astral entity, a creepy ghost.

How funny, ISABELLA and DAVID.

I don’t mind in the least if you don’t nod assent to every word I write.

But perhaps you mean something different than I do by “Angel.”

To me, an angel IS an astral being. (Laughing.)

Ashley says:

I am thinking whatever drug a user specializes in would be the drug that resonates with the particular subtle body that user prefers or is most identified to, or it is the astral frequency that user prefers habiting or is most fascinated by.

I don’t have too much time, but I have a suggestion for you Louisa for a possible LSD user to nominate. I just don’t have the time to find pictures nor formulate compelling reasons why this candidate would be a good one to research. But how about Timothy Leary, the poster child for LSD? So in love with LSD he requested to have obscene amounts injected into his system near the time of his death.

Also, have you heard of Dr. Rick Strassman author of DMT: The Spirit Molecule? He headed a series of DMT studies in the 90’s. Also it was strongly implied in his book that he was a user. He was obviously of the camp (along with Timothy Leary, Terrence McKenna, ect.) that entheogenic drugs were beneficial in opening up spiritual connections within the human body mind nervous system. He also isn’t the sort of wacky, out-there type of personality like Leary or McKenna.

My own interest pertains as to whether there is any sort of auric level proof that entheogens/psychedelics (mushrooms, DMT, LSD, salvia divinorum, peyote, ect.) ARE beneficial to the spiritual evolution of an individual. Or is the price too great?

I would not consider marijuana an entheogen. It is far too addictive in my experience. I’ve never heard of anyone addicted to a true psychedelic, but maybe that’s why LSD poster child Leary is a good candidate. Maybe he truly was addicted, at least to the “experience” of tuning in, dropping out?

David.. says:

Hi Rose
    I relate “angel” and “heaven” both with the celestial more than astral. Astral is dream-world whereas celestial is bliss-world. Certainly, there is all the guides and guardians and other such angels of the astral but it’s also home to the Stuff and the “dark side”, to use a Star Wars term.

From a loka or kosha (energy sheath) standpoint, the celestial is several grades better. The astral is no heaven then.

But that’s just my take. There are as many ways to to see this as there are beings.

Ashley says:

I did go through a drug experimental phase myself. This was my experience in a nutshell.

MDMA for me was very similar to the experience of smoking crack.

While marijuana “feels” more complex, nuanced, sensuous, “earthier” or closer to home, it does not have the high-frequency feel of MDMA. This might be why marijuana is regarded as a safer drug. Wherever marijuana takes a user, it does not feel as if you are taken as far away as cocaine, crack, or MDMA.

One user of crack said he enjoyed the high-pitched ringing in his ears when he was high. I likened it to angelic singing. I felt very light, floaty, loving, ethereal, and “heavenly”. If cocaine, crack, or MDMA does take a person to planes inhabited by beings we could associate with typical Biblical angels, I would not be surprised. It was also in some ways a simpler experience. I always preferred the more adventurous marijuana.

All these drugs I described still had a familiar feel to them though. I still felt somewhat human, even though it was different. Whether it was earthy-astral or more angelic-astral.

Psychedelics, on the other hand, have a much more unfamiliar, alien feeling to them. It was as far away from being human as I ever felt.

ASHLEY, thank you so much for this sharing.

DAVID, my gosh, I never thought I might teach something to the scholar, far beyond me, about all things Hinduism. (And maybe you will come right back and teach ME, hahahaha. But….)

Celestial and astral mean the very same thing to me. Why not you?

Divine means akasha and God and Divine Beings.

Celestial means psychic, astral, devas with a lowercase “d.” a.k.a. “Lotsa lokas.”

David.. says:

Hi Rose
    Ah yes – you use the 3 worlds model. I use the 7 as it better aligns with my experience.

It separates the astral/emotional, lower mind, intellect/causal, and the celestial. Of course, these are just different ways of looking at it. They all interpenetrate and are a single continuum.

Like a rainbow, we can list the colours but we can also list the transitional zones or describe it as a whole. The colours only exist together.

David.. says:

Akasha means space, which is the initial “container” created by self-referring consciousness. I would describe it as the first expression or playground of the divine but not the divine itself. And yes, home of the amazing divine beings.

David.. says:

The 7 koshas are also grouped into the physical, the 3 subtle and the 3 heavens. That relates back to your 3 worlds approach (physical, subtle, heaven). But in that way, the celestial is the lowest heaven, not another astral. But now I’m nitpicking. 😉

To me, the astral is very different than the celestial. But the differences may not be important to others.

Thanks for being a good sport about this, DAVID.

This teacher sees a crying need for people to understand the three basic categories.

When we don’t have the majority of the world’s guidance seekers confusing astral and Divine…

When we don’t have the majority of Enlightenment seekers pursuing renunciate practices (Often a kind of renunciate-householder mix that was promised to be for householder life but really isn’t)…

Then, sure, let’s sit down and parse all of the seven koshas.

Hold me to that, my friend. Remember that date of our agreement, easy to remember for the next 75,000 years or so: Thanksgivukkah. 2013.

Isabella says:

Rose, since you’re the one who taught me all this about human, astral, and divine, and where different beings fit in there… I’m on the same page, pretty much.

Except… do you consider *all* astral beings to be angels? I held out a bit on this, ’cause I find it sort of disgusting to call some astral experiences “angelic.” The term has always connoted to me qualities of sweetness and light, which were definitely not the primary qualities of any marijuana experiences I had.

Great question, ISABELLA.

Short answer? No.

It’s merely polite. (That’s a medium-sized answer. 😉 )

David.. says:

Hi Rose
    Yes, I fully understand. When most people think of heaven as up in the sky, there’s work to be done. Start with the basics and get clear on them.

Even very smart scientists get caught trying to add more dimensions to account for what is more subtle in the same space. Heaven isn’t somewhere else but right here and now.

I’ll be waiting. (laughs)

Louisa says:

Ashley, I almost did nominate Timothy Leary, and also Ken Kesey! I think Aldous Huxley even did do the death trip. I tuckered out before I could search for their photos. 🙂

I definitely favored MDMA over cocaine, speed and LSD. But I did take away some valuable insights from those drugs, and sometimes I think I relate to people better as a result. On MDMA I experienced what it was like to be unconditionally loving and content, and left me wondering if that is what people with higher serotonin or more evolved people feel like naturally. Cocaine and speed seemed to reveal what it’s like in the minds of incessantly chatty friends, with high energy and endless ideas. So these take-away nuggets have been interesting. I didn’t really have illuminating experiences on LSD besides pretty visuals, and eventually a very bad trip. These aren’t black and white assessments, just impressions.

Dave says:

I wouldn’t liken my experience of MDMA at all to the experience of cocaine. Cocaine in general for me was a very chatty, “up”, wired experience. Not very fun for the most part. I think I’ve read somewhere that you really have to hate yourself to become addicted to cocaine. While this statement might seem judgmental, I agree with the sentiment that the cocaine buzz is very dirty and not much of a true escape.

MDMA when I did it with pure pills, was an altogether different experience. It was a much lighter and cleaner experience. The overall feel was fairly joyful and loving much more than the restless manic energy of cocaine. MDMA was developed for therapy and my experience lends credence to that.

When I was high on MDMA I looked into my girlfriend at the time’s eyes an felt a deep love and appreciation for her essence as a person, something much deeper than I’d ever felt for her. It was a “peak” experience.

I’ve also taken “tabs” of “MDMA” that were clearly not MDMA. They were probably filled with methamphetamine or something else instead. Those were not enjoyable times and left me with horrible hangovers.

Ashley says:

Wow, I didn’t know Aldous Huxley did that too. That’s wild. 🙂

Louisa, it is interesting how different people react to different drugs. I know many people have had spiritual experiences on MDMA. I never did. It didn’t agree with my body – in fact, I hated the drug. Stimulants put a huge strain on my nerves. I know MDMA relaxes some people, but it is technically a stimulant. MDMA was the harshest drug I had ever taken. By the way, I do know MDMA is often mixed with speed to amplify the feel-good, most notably known on the street as Ecstasy this way. I’ve done it both ways. It was definitely far worse with the speed. That was my most dangerous, paranoid drug experience ever. It was 15 minutes of freaking out, pacing, just pure hell thinking that my heart was going to explode. Then it was followed by waves of deep existential feelings that everything in the world was wrong.

Nope, Ecstasy didn’t do for me like it does for others. 🙂 I think the same can be true for pot. I think it’s largely due to different mind, body, nervous systems. I’m sure different energy systems factor in there somewhere, but more energetically literate people would be better at determining that.

Ashley says:

Hi Dave,

I appreciate you sharing your experiences. I find this topic fascinating. I agree that cocaine and MDMA have differences, but I also noticed similarities. It might have to do with the stimulating nature of both drugs.

I disagree that someone must hate themselves to become addicted to cocaine. Not everyone wants to escape from reality. You know the joke that says most high-powered businessmen are snorting coke, right? I think there’s some truth here in that cocaine is favored by people who want to be more effective, or assertive in reality. I definitely felt more communicative, assertive, and aggressive on coke. This is one thing that makes cocaine and MDMA different for sure.

Those peak experiences you describe that happened to you on MDMA happened for me on marijuana actually. There were times I felt a huge bliss I would call “ecstasy.”

Ashley says:

By the way, when I began sobering up, and quitting my overall drug use, one of the things I missed the most about my drug experiences was the profound love I felt towards other people.

I later realized that profound wonder, intense admiration I feel towards humanity was something I still have and I had all along. I can still draw it out when I take a moment to reflect upon it.

It’s different without the drug. It’s far more sweeter and grounding and more real. On drugs, it was coupled with a huge distortion of reality. Maybe the drugs helped me access that part of me I always had sooner than I would have accessed it by furthering enlightenment along. I don’t know. But it’s far, far better without the drugs. And it’s more appropriate. That sort of deep love is usually inappropriate and out of place for most of Earth reality, even with all of my past boyfriends. It’s always there in the background, but rarely am I in a situation where it is appropriate to be expressed. What I do now, instead, is react to any given circumstance with the appropriate earthy emotions. Even if those emotions are likeability, love, and admiration, it rarely is appropriate for me to focus on, or express the transcendent kind of unconditional love I know humanity deserves.

ASHLEY, this last comment so far in the series is a real wow.

Thanks to you, DAVE, and LOUISA for sharing.

BTW, I am interested in people who were addicts. People with a steady habit.

Aldous Huxley, whose height of fame with “The Doors of Perception” coincided with my high school years. He did a very small amount of tripping, a lot of writing.

Ashley says:

I was mistaken. It was Aldous Huxley who died with an intravenous injection of LSD, not Timothy Leary.

I will nominate Matt Stone and Trey Parker, writers of the show South Park. The drug is LSD.

The reason I am nominating them is because they admitted to tripping on acid while at the Oscars and we can get an actual picture of that:

Ashley says:

Sigmund Freud. The drug is cocaine:

Freud believed it was a wonder drug and it is believed that his theories were fueled by his cocaine use.

Ashley says:

Barack Obama. The drug is marijuana.

Obama admits to having inhaled frequently in his book Dreams From My Father. Obama called it “chooming” and admitted pot helped while going through tough times. He apparently was QUITE the enthused pothead. If anyone is interested, there’s this article:

A direct link to his picture from his highschool yearbook. This is from his autobiography:

arth says:

yes, actually Sigmund Freud believed that it was a wonder drug. As reading his theories sometimes it is more than obvious to me that they were fueled by cocain … it is also believed that his drug abuse caused him cancer.