A Busy, Peaceful Life in Enlightenment. A guest post by JILL ERIN.

Blog-Buddy JILL ERIN, in Enlightenment, ready for an aura reading

Blog-Buddy JILL ERIN, in Enlightenment, ready for an aura reading

This adds to our ongoing conversation on Enlightenment, including what life is like when it has ben months or years after you crossed over that threshold.

Householder Enlightenment does not come with support from a monastic order. There is no obvious lifestyle. So what does happen?

And what doesn’t?

JILL ERIN’s turn, with my minor edits, links, and headings.

I am very involved with the business community in my city. I am on a Board and I own a couple of commercial buildings and I am involved in the local political issues a lot. That is why I haven’t been as active here. I have always been a more immediate sort of person and take more interest in my immediate surroundings.

Enlightenment, for me, has made me more available and capable for what I am involved in locally in that I am “detached” completely from any ego needs. I do not take offense – ever. I still have likes and dislikes and preferences, but those are of a personal nature and need no “defense.”

Life is easier, as David and Lara have expressed here at the blog. Life is easier because I trust myself and others and am able to act appropriately to the situation at hand. I am often “surprised” by the outcome and how it works out so easily and perfectly for all involved.

Enlightenment Can Mean “Nothing Special”

I also have a deep awareness that I am not “special” or privileged in any way from anyone else on earth.

For instance, I will “suffer” the same inconveniences of the economic hard times along with everyone else. It just doesn’t rattle me. So, I would say that that is the only real edge Enlightenment gives me – Peace in the midst of the storm.

Enlightenment Can Also Be Experienced as Love

I know that it is all about experience and the experiences we have are a perfect reflection of our desires. We are all trying to wake up and providing for each other every opportunity to do that. I am just playing my role in that in as consciously loving a way as I can. I know that we are all playing our roles in perfect love. It’s just that we are not all AWARE that we are doing what we are doing from a place of perfect love.

There really is no place to go and nothing to do. It is just about Being. My body requires care and situations arise and I live them and watch it all and feel deep peace.

Primmie says:

I love this Jill and love you.

Sylvia says:

Thank you, Jill, for your lovely post. One line in particular, “I still have likes and dislikes and preferences, but those are of a personal nature and need no ‘defense,'” is really helping me clarify some things going on in my life right now!

Jean says:

Jill Erin,

Great to hear how you are doing.

I agree with Sylvia in her comment #2 …
    …and also with Primmie in comment #1 🙂

David.. says:

“I know that we are all playing our roles in perfect love.” Beautiful & well put. Thanks for sharing, Jill.

I can recall the year after the shift, I ended up working with a traditional game company. To my surprise, I discovered the owner didn’t know how to express what he wanted, only what he didn’t. He would get frustrated people didn’t figure it out and would then do a lot of shouting.

But this had no impact on the inner peace and happiness. In fact, when he shouted at me, I had to repress laughter because it seemed so silly. But it also made it clear how unshakable it was.

Rarely since then something has rattled me a bit, but thats never lasted, released easily, and the peace has never left.

And the easily working out part – that still surprises me. Some friends are mystified. Lots of funny stories…

A.J. says:

Very relatable Jill. Good luck with the aura reading.

Jill Erin says:

Primmie, I love you, too. How are your babies? Give them a kiss for me.

Jill Erin says:

Sylvia and Jean,
    It is always gratifying to know that ones experiences are helpful to others in any way. Thank you, too.

Nice to hear how you are doing, Jill. I find it interesting that enlightenment has made you more available and capable for things that you are involved in. This is what I am noticing as well, as I move towards enlightenment. That I have more and more energy available for doing the things in objective reality that interest me.

Jill Erin says:

David,
    Thank you for sharing your experiences. So important to share what it is really like in Householder Enlightenment. It’s not about “success” in a worldly sense, but it does make worldly living so much easier and joyful.

Too many of us read all the stories about the renunciate enlightened and the skills they had built up to “manifest” material things and think that that is what enlightenment is all about. What I find “manifesting” around me is more peace and harmony in human interactions.

Jill Erin says:

AJ, thank you for sharing here. Good luck to you, dear, on your journeys and learnings!

Jill Erin says:

Kylie,

It is actually the learning of how to be a skilled empath that has made me more “available” to do human interactions in the world. I feel that was a very necessary step for me on my journey into enlightenment. I had been trying the renunciate types of practices before learning skilled empathic living from Rose with all the confusing and mixed results you can imagine with that. I really don’t know if I would have made it to enlightenment in this lifetime had I not learned that skill with Rose. Perhaps, but I have no way of knowing now how I would be living it now.

Amanda says:

I love this post, as I love all your posts, Jill.

In particular this phrase has struck me, like Sylvia: ” I do not take offense – ever. I still have likes and dislikes and preferences, but those are of a personal nature and need no “defense.””

I just adore that.

Amanda

Jill Erin says:

Thank you, Amanda. I’m happy I said something that resonates with you so well. Means you get it!

Primmie says:

Jill the twins are kissed, thank you! They are wonderful. My son is being assessed for Autism so life is complex, but it is beautifully, painfully, sweetly complex.

Adam McIntosh says: