Unskilled Empath Problems? A Quiz

Calling all empaths: Quiz Time

Calling all empaths: Quiz Time

Lucky you, if you were born as an empath.

Lucky you, if you know what the word “Empath” really means.

Even luckier you… if you are getting skills, or have already learned skills like those in the system of Empath Empowerment(R). Meaning skills that can turn you into a skilled empath. Skills to avoid the many problems that can occur in the lives of unskilled empaths, protecting yourself energetically.

Coaching empaths, over the past few years I have noticed an interesting trend. A trendlet, if you would.

As the founder of Rosetree Energy Spirituality, I have identified 10 different types of subconscious STUFF that can cause emotional and behavioral problems. These problems can be alleviated or, sometimes, completely overcome.

How? By permanently removing that particular bit of astral-level STUFF, then adding  appropriate energetic PUT-IN that serves the person better.

Turns out, it is common for newbies to attribute a whole bunch o’problems to just one type of STUFF.

For example:

• Imported STUFF, resulting from unskilled empath merge, is one type of STUFF.
  • Cords of attachment, from life, are a completely different type of STUFF.

Used to be, relative newbies to energy spirituality would assume that the entire healing field meant “Cord-cutting.” Not so. (10-1 does not equal 0.)

Well, now I’m finding other relative newbies to energy spirituality who assume that the entire healing field means “Empath Empowerment and protecting yourself from unskilled empath merge.” Not so. (10-1 still does not equal 0.)

Scratching your head in puzzlement? Let’s clarify with a TRUE or FALSE Quiz.

Is This Problem Really Due to Unskilled Empath Merges? The Quiz.

Blog-Buddies, feel free to respond below with your answers to this TRUE or FALSE Quiz. Go into as much detail as you like, because it’s fun to develop more clarity around what it really means, being an empath; what it really means, becoming skilled as an empath; what you can look forward to simply  as a result of learning skills of Empath Empowerment(R). And just to get you started with more lengthy answers than “True” or “False,”

Bonus Question #1: Define “Empath”

Bonus Question #2: Define “Skilled Empath”

Bonus Question #3 Define “Unskilled Empath Merge”

Okay, now for the Official Quiz Questions.

Is this problem due to unskilled empath merge? TRUE or FALSE

3. Often, during any given day, I remember painful incidents from my past. It’s hard for me to stay present.
  4. I’m constantly monitoring other people’s energies.
  6. What about if you have thoughts such as “I’m so messed up;” “I’m tired,” etc in the privacy of your own home, when alone.  Is that because of an unskilled empath merge with somebody far away?(Added March 30, thanks to a fine Comment by Blog-Buddy RACHEL over at An Empath’s Giggle. My Favorite Story from the Pathways Expo, Spring 2014.)

Go to town, empaths. Comment below, as part of this educational process.

P.S. Clarifying, you may respond to the quiz by sharing if YOU have any of the five problems listed. However, the point of this quiz (as intended) is not “Do you have this problem, TRUE or FALSE?”

Instead, the idea is, “Is this problem necessarily related to being an unskilled empath and doing unskilled empath merge? Or could there be a different type of STUFF involved?”

And for reference, you could check out the list of 10 Different Types of Stuff that are addressed in Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

Kira says:

I was planning to answer the quiz when I started reading this post, but I’m finding myself at a loss for words (enjoy it while it lasts!).

I can’t wait to read others’ answers, though!

Blessed-LK says:

Hi Rose,

I am still reading your book “The Most Important Person In The Room” and would like to use the quiz to check my level of understanding too:

1.I don’t get along with my mother. The power balance in our relationship is off. TRUE

2.At work, I’m distracted. I have trouble getting things done. Often I feel overwhelmed. TRUE

3.Often, during any given day, I remember painful incidents from my past. It’s hard for me to stay present. TRUE

4.I’m constantly monitoring other people’s energies. TRUE

5.Learning about my empath gifts, I don’t trust myself when I do or don’t relate to different ones. I need solid proof before I can accept that I have any gift as an empath. TRUE

My own understanding is that I could have already merged with someone without realising and so the response, for the 5 situations above, may not be ENTIRELY my own. I may just be responsing from someone’s else energy or thought form.

Please enlighten me on my understanding. Thank you very much.

Thanks KIRA for responding. All responses and comments are appreciated here (given our civility rules).

And BLESSED L-K, you are off to a great start as the first one responding to the quiz.

BLOG-BUDDIES, did you have trouble getting onto the blog recently?

The server supporting my website, blog, and email was down nearly all of yesterday.

I hope you know, we do all we can to contact the host at such times. There just isn’t anything more we can do except wait. It would be consoling to add something to the blog to tell you, yet by definition we can’t.

Glad to have the blog functioning again today.

David.. says:

Well – I’m surprised. Define an Empath? Not so straightforward. Didn’t actually find a definition in a quick scan of Become the Most Important either.

And Wikipedia?
    “Empath may refer to:

– Empath (comics), a fictional mutant in the Marvel Universe
    – “The Empath”, an episode of Star Trek: The Original Series
    – Empath, a playable character in the video game Heroes of Newerth

An empath is a person who has an acute or highly developed sense of empathy. In paranormal and some works of science fiction and fantasy, highly developed empathy is a paranormal or psychic ability to sense the emotions of others. It is distinguished from telepathy, which allows one to perceive thoughts as well. Occasionally empaths are also able to project their own emotions, or to affect the emotions of others.”

In other words – the definition is fantasy-based and only vaguely covers one type. Everyone “projects” their emotions, even if unaware of it.

David.. says:

I will say though that a skilled empath is someone who knows how to turn the gift(s) off and on and doesn’t put others at the centre of their experience.

An unskilled empath merge happens in just a moment when we’re not a skilled empath and are “on” all the time, not grounded, and allowing others experiences to overshadow our own.

(yeah, my words)

David.. says:

On the Quiz questions
    1 – F, not due to empath
    2 – T, may be Empath related, taking on others Stuff.
    3 – F, Stuff related
    4 – T, in the sense of being conscious of the pattern. Many are not conscious they’re doing this.
    5 – F, a mind response.

So, am I learning, Rose? (laughs)

Emily says:

I did have trouble getting onto the website for a while last night.

Emily (formerly Amy as of today!)

Emily says:

1 I don’t get along with my mother. The power balance in our relationship is off.

FALSE – This could be because of lots of other stuff! It cut be a cord of attachment (for either person or both), could be that you or your mom is loaded with astral entities which magnify emotions. It could be that in objective reality you’ve never said out loud to her “That behaviour is not acceptable to me, stop doing it.”

Emily says:

FALSE. It could be a lot of psychic coercion in your aura.

It could be cords of attachments to your boss or coworkers.

It could be (as it was for me) that one of your colleagues triggers frozen blocks from previous lifetimes to do with not being believed and being killed in a past life.

It could be that you never learnt how to organise yourself or that you habitually say “Yes” to tasks even when you have plenty on your plate already.

It could be that you are in the wrong job for you and your skill set doesn’t match and you will generally underperform in that position until you are managed out.

Emily says:

FALSE, it could be cords of attachment, could be just a bad habit.

It could also be subconscious code repeating like it did for me (whenever I didn’t do something I had planned to do, past times I had failed would play like a montage in my subconscious mind).

Emily says:

4. . I’m constantly monitoring other people’s energies.

FALSE. I’m not sure what this might be exactly but when I was an unskilled empath I wasn’t even aware that I was taking on other’s stuff. I just thought it was normal that life was so hard and that I was confused all the time.

If you are constantly monitoring other people’s energies you are probably being way over-subjective and not paying much attention to what people say and do.

Emily says:

FALSE, inner knowing isn’t loud necessarily, and having the self-authority and confidence to be sloppy (like Rose’s recommends) is fine!

Emily says:

Sorry, looking back over what I wrote, I misunderstood and assumed that the question was “Are these things solely related to unskilled empath merges?” rather than, could they be down to unskilled empath merges?

For which my answer would be… they could! but it could also be all these other things.

EMILY, wow! Big congratulations on having your more aligned name be official!!!!!!

Pay attention especially over the next couple of weeks. (If you wind up writing a guest post summing it up, that might strengthen your self-recognition. Of course, it would just be inspiring for your Blog-Buddies, as well.)

And do be sure to throw yourself a party to celebrate the new name. Add sacred components, fun components, whatever.

Important life passages merit celebration, ceremonies, sharing with friends. Don’t you agree?

Teresa says:

Rose,

I did not plan to post my answers to the quiz and bonus questions but L-K me courage!

So, here goes.

Bonus question #1: Define “Empath”.

I believe an Empath is one who can feel the energy of someone or something else.

Teresa says:

Bonus question #2: Define “Skilled Empath”.

Someone who can use their Empath talent selectively in a time and place of their choosing.

Teresa says:

Bonus question #3: Define “Unskilled Empath Merge”.

The unskilled empath merges with others in a random, unpredictable manner. They are unable to control these merges and this results in taking on “stuff” from those they merge with.

Needless to say, the unskilled empath ends up with a lot of “stuff” in their aura that doesn’t belong to them and the “stuff” they take on stays with them until it is healed in some manner.

Isabella says:

Emily, congrats on the name change!! 🙂 🙂

Teresa says:

The quiz is much harder for me, so remember I am a newbie and still struggling to learn and understand these concepts.

I wish there was an IDK answer but I’m going to say “False” because it sounds like a long term problem (cord of attachment???) rather than a quick merge.

Teresa says:

“True” This particular situation is often true for me especially when there are a lot of people in my immediate area.

Teresa says:

Another “IDK” answer, but this could be from “stuff” rather than an empath merge. I say “False”.

Teresa says:

4.I’m constantly monitoring other people’s energies.

“True” It happens whether I realize it or not. Turning down my skills was challenging for me because I missed the input from the merges. I had to learn how to relate to others on a different level.

Teresa says:

I chose “true” again because I initially refused to believe I was an empath. But living here in Earth School I got undeniable proof, along with an unwelcome experience. I’m a believer now.

Most of these answers come from my personal experiences so could be way off base! I am looking forward to everyone’s comments.

TERESA, EMILY, DAVID, and BLESSED LK, I am so delighted with your answers.

Education is so important when it comes to Empath Empowerment.

Keep all these responses coming everyone.

And please break your comments into multi-ones, ideally one for every Quiz item.

If you don’t, I may take the liberty of chunking up the text in my role as blog monitor. More fun when you do it yourself!

Kira says:

Okay, I haven’t seen this in the comments so far, so let me try for Bonus Question #1 (definition of empath):

An empath is someone who is able to have direct experience of what it’s like to be someone (or something) else.

(I must have been pretty tired last night to not come up with this!)

Kira says:

The “something” in my answer is for crystal and environmental empaths.

Amanda says:

I do enjoy these quizzes 🙂

1. False, and probably a common complaint among empaths and non-empaths alike!

2. True, though a number of other things such as spiritual addiction could contribute.

3. False, and again I would imagine this is a common complaint. I am slightly hesitant but would probably say these were frozen blocks (?? – Rose would you please correct me if I got that wrong?)

4. Well, this is the core problem isn’t it? Not a problem from empath merges, but the problem *of* empath merges! So probably False.

5. Again a problem but not one of unskilled merges, just of clarification and recognition of skills and where they can take us. False.

Amanda

Amanda says:

Emily, congratulations!

And your story of a colleague triggering frozen blocks really resonated. I had one person in my life at one point who triggered memories of being stoned to death in a previous incarnation. NOT fun at all.

It’s so lovely to acknowledge the work that we do on ourselves and the care we take for ourselves when we release that kind of experience.

Have fun settling into your lovely new name!

Amanda

Jnana says:

Let me try cause I definitely need more education on this.
    An empath is someone who spontaneously merges in consciousness with a person/animal/thing/environment and thus gets more info on that which he/she merges with. But the empath also takes on stuff from the merge where stuff is present.
    (This just came to me, but does this not mean it would benefit an empath to have photo(s) of the highly enlightened spiritual figures in their room, say, to contemplate on. Won’t it be like Darshan for them whenever their eyes fall on the photo?

Jnana says:

A skilled empath has control over this merging of consciousness. She merges with another at will, and only when he decides to. Not otherwise.
    And perhaps he also knows how to do this without taking on stuff.

Jnana says:

I think I may have answered this in my first comment.
    An unskilled empath merge is unknowingly merging with others and bringing back stuff as a result. The empath does not have control over the merging process. But she gains some kind of knowledge of the other.

Jnana says:

For the 5 quiz questions, my answer to all of them seem to be false.
    Awaiting eagerly the answers to the quiz. In the meantime, enjoying the responses of others.

Jnana says:

Now that I’ve been reflecting on it…

I’m constantly monitoring other people’s energies – TRUE

I haven’t been conscious I’m doing it but I’m always making mental notes of the person and deciding if I want them for friends or to cut them off. And with colleagues its do I want a closer relationship with them or is it to be strictly a working relationship.

Guess, I’ve been monitoring their energies!

JNANA, one of the great things about you, to me, is the depth of honest inquiry as you do all you can to keep growing.

Brava to you and also to KIRA and AMANDA.

Today I’m preparing for my workshop (tomorrow) at the Pathways Expo on “Magnetize Money with Energetic Literacy.”

I’m fine-tuning plans for the Completions workshop in hypnotism coming up in less than two weeks.

Such varied learning opportunities! Such a delight!

Meanwhile we all have this virtual classroom that is this blog. The commute to participate? Totally convenient!

Kira says:

Okay, I have done some research at the blog now and am ready to answer the main quiz questions. (David, Teresa, and Jnana have covered Bonus Questions 2 and 3 pretty well already; I don’t want to just repeat what they said. I like Jnana’s answer to Bonus Question 2 best, since it mentions not taking on STUFF.)

All my answers are from reading, not from any personal experience.

Kira says:

1. (bad relationship with mother) F. This sounds like it could be from a cord of attachment, psychic coercion, subconscious code, or maybe outgrown façade bodies (not sure about that last–didn’t find much info about that yet).

Kira says:

2. (distracted, overwhelmed at work) F. Sounds like it could be stuck spirits, negative thought forms, or shift of identity to another plane.

I don’t have this problem, exactly, since I don’t work. I do occasionally have this problem when juggling my hobbies and household obligations. I have dealt with it so far by reducing how many things I try to do and increasing, when I can, how much downtime I have between different things.

I used to have this problem when I *was* working. At just about every job I had (there were two exceptions). I always thought I was resenting the time jobs took away from the things I really wanted to do but couldn’t make money at.

Kira says:

3. (reliving painful incidents often) F. This sounds like it could be due to frozen blocks, negative thought forms, psychic coercion, or cords of attachment.

This happens very rarely to me currently. Most of the painful things I remember don’t hurt me when I remember them unless I *want* to remember the pain for some reason.

Kira says:

4. (monitoring energies) F. This sounds like it could be stuck spirits. It also sounds like spiritual addiction, which wasn’t one of the 10 listed types of STUFF.

If I do this, I don’t know I’m doing it. I have friends who sometimes talk about how nice a person’s energy feels (or conversely, how icky) and I just mentally shrug. I can’t tell the difference. (Level 0 Energetic Literacy, right? LOL)

Kira says:

5. (need proof to believe in empath gifts) F. This sounds like it could be negative thought forms, psychic coercion, or cords of attachment.

I don’t have any trouble believing I’m an empath. It rang so true, even before I knew it was really possible, that the minute anyone suggested I was an empath, I believed it.

What I have trouble with is figuring out which specific gift(s) I have. The only one I’m sure about is Intellectual Empath. (My friends and I used to joke in high school that I learned by osmosis; that is probably more true than I thought.)

Kira says:

I forgot to mention along with my answer to Question 1 that I no longer feel the power balance is off with my mother (or father). I’ve always gotten along with my parents in limited chunks of time, but sooner or later something would happen that would result in our yelling at each other. I’ve had 3 visits with my parents since my awakening experience and no yelling!

Angela says:

I think of a empath as someone equipped to pick up interpersonal information that is not commonly recognized. That’s why empath abilities could prove problematic–little information or guidance is on offer.

As for the questions, I’d personally say True to most of them but don’t think any of them are the exclusive province of an empath. So for 1 through 5, in general terms, I expect it depends on the specific individual and circumstances.

As I prepare today’s response to this QUIZ — and there’s so much to say to take into account the WONDERFUL comments at this post! I realize that I never responded to the very end of Comment 30.

JNANA wrote:

“This just came to me, but does this not mean it would benefit an empath to have photo(s) of the highly enlightened spiritual figures in their room, say, to contemplate on. Won’t it be like Darshan for them whenever their eyes fall on the photo?”

Whatever inspires you for room décor is up to you, JNANA.

However, it is not recommended to move in and out of empath merge with the photos in your room.

You know why, right?

About the idea of having photos or paintings all around, showing you saints or gurus or Divine Beings, or keeping biblical quotes on your walls…

Of course this is highly personal.

Since you asked, JNANA, NO!

I do not recommend doing this. Think of life in your home as impacted by feng shui — or vastu. There is a symbolic significance to how you appoint your living space.

Well, with all these decorations, how you think it impacts your life space energetically?

What do you think it tells the Universe about your way of living?

Spiritual addiction is the message.

So, JNANA, here’s an alternative. How about having one room dedicated to the spiritual aspect of your life. Or, if you live in a smallish place, one part of a room. That is your meditation room or personal development gym, or whatever you call it.

Place your photo collection there.

Otherwise, all you are doing is reminding yourself constantly to trip out, away from “worldly” interests and aim for the Divine.

One way that both Judaism and Islam agree? Don’t worship images. Whatever your religion or spiritual path, you might consider that lifestyle tip.

Those of you who are recovering from spiritual addiction, now hear this:

You can have God in your heart.

God knows that. God is not stupid.

You can know that. You’re not stupid either, nor is it required for you to think about God as much as possible all day long… unless you are a renunciate, monk, nun, etc.

If you’re a householder, hello!

Regardless of your lifestyle, my research into Enlightenment indicates that thinking about God constantly, carrying around necklaces and keeping pictures around, does not help people move into Enlightenment.

It moves folks into a feel-good space. It can work as a form of hypnosis, especially post-hypnotic suggestion.

But folks do not become Enlightened from hypnosis or post-hypnotic suggestion.

Recently I have had frustrating experiences doing sessions of Enlightenment Coaching for people who found me through the video at batgap, the Enlightenment interview I did for Rick Archer.

Among the sweetest people in the world! Often folks who insist on wearing their sacred necklaces. So many pictures of saints visible when I do sessions via Skype video!

And, sadly, these lovely spiritual seekers are consistently the hardest group of people to work with. Often it is very, very hard for them to listen or allow me to facilitate healing.

Is it personal need to control? Huge expectations? Reluctance to admit that, after so many years of spiritual seeking, they don’t actually know everything?

Depends on the person (and what shows up in that person’s aura during the session, when I research this). Stands to reason, doesn’t it? There could be plenty of motivations to go to “Buddha at the Gas Pump” to see videos of different people describing Enlightenment!

Yesterday I recorded a special introductory message, under five minutes, that will be sent out after people reach me through Rick Archer’s website and book a session appointment.

We’ll see if that mp3 file helps.

Meanwhile, if you are one of those people, please come to your session with a human-type intention (Like “Handle conflict better”) and an open mind. Then I can be so much more effective at helping you.

Back at you, JNANA, I’ll bet you know this already.

Before or after Enlightenment, you can have God in your heart perfectly fine.

Once you have crossed the threshold into Enlightenment, you are more made-out-of God than ever.

Less then ever do you need to keep yourself surrounded by uplifting images that God exists. LOL.

Where would you be uplifted to?

Jennifer says:

Only number 5 is true for me..

Gina says:

1. I don’t get along with my mother. The power balance in our relationship is off. False. We do have a lil power struggle sometimes as she kinda likes things her way like fashion. She insists on advising me of what to wear.
    2. At work, I’m distracted. I have trouble getting things done. Often I feel overwhelmed. False. I’m a people pleaser and being distracted would make me not play so well with the other kids so I’m not often distracted but definitely do become overwhelmed with too many people around me especially at work.
    3. Often, during any given day, I remember painful incidents from my past. It’s hard for me to stay present. True. On a daily basis actually.
    4. I’m constantly monitoring other people’s energies. True. Very true, and it’s bloody exhausting. Often I go numb just to quiet that part of myself a bit.
    5. Learning about my empath gifts, I don’t trust myself when I do or don’t relate to different ones. I need solid proof before I can accept that I have any gift as an empath. True. This one has been plaguing me a lot recently. There are times I get validation that I am one and other times I think “this can’t be real and other people must know the stuff I know too” or that I’m just nuts. But then sometimes it’s too uncanny not to be real.
    6. I’m so messed up. True. At times I do feel this way especially when I imbibe (not daily) to try to numb myself which I have found on more than one occasion does NOT help more often than not. But sometimes it kinda does.