Help Me, Please, to Better Communicate That Rosetree Energy Spirituality Is Not Just Cord-Cutting

When Communication Can Be a Puzzle

When Communication Can Be a Puzzle

A sweet comment today from one of you Blog-Buddies reminded me of the most vexing problem about this form of energy spirituality. Maybe some of you can help.

Here was the question from RACHEL, part of a thread about dealing with a deceitful ex-boyfriend:

“Ahem, you already facilitated a session where you cut the cord between me and JOE, but I wonder… I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can do sessions that specifically have an intention to move on from a particular relationship – is that right? I guess that might be a wise move for me.”

RACHEL, and other Blog-Buddies, you can definitely bring that sort of intention to a session. And I can definitely help. Speaking of which…

Help, Help, Help

RACHEL in particular and Blog-Buddies in general, do you have any idea how I can communicate better?

Rosetree Energy Spirituality is more than cord-cutting.

I have identified 10 types of STUFF, written about it right here at this blog. Cords of attachment are just one type of STUFF.

Please don’t think “Cord cut, now nothing left to do for aura healing”

Who chooses the healing centerpiece for one of my sessions of aura healing and transformation? The professional aura healer! Doesn’t that make sense?

A session of Rosetree Energy Spirituality is not like going to a shoe store and saying, “I’d like to try on the Gladys style. In red.”

RACHEL is a respectful, wonderful client. She wasn’t asking in a disrespectful way, not at all. Help, help, help, Blog-Buddies. How can I communicate better?

How My Aura Healing Sessions Actually Work

When you wish to grow emotionally or spiritually, you make an appointment for a 55-minute session of Aura Healing and Transformation.

(Or choose a 90-minute session, if you would like to talk more. Because you typically won’t  get to talk a whole lot during one of the no-frills, less expensive sessions. In a 55-minute session you will talk enough to get results energetically. However, if you wish to discuss your feelings and reactions more, book a longer time so I can help you properly plus we will have that extra time for hanging out and discussing. For many of you it is well worth the $75 to book that extra time.)

During your personal session, here’s what typically happens:

1. I ask you for an intention, your choice of a way to grow emotionally or spiritually. We may go back and forth a bit, refining the intention. Soon we will arrive at one that works for us both as a way that I feel confident I can help make a difference.
  2. Then I do a Skilled Empath Merge, experiencing your aura from the inside. This gives a quick, powerful download of information about you.
  3. Thanks to many thousands of sessions helping clients, I select the most important priority energetically. And I choose a healing centerpiece accordingly.
  4. Then I facilitate it. Communicating all along to my client.
  5. Then my client learns what to expect by way of benefit. Usually there is an After Picture, and by the time of that quick After Picture my client has begun to find improvement. Long-term benefits tend to be bigger.

All along the way, I communicate. Yet still many sophisticated clients… clients who trust me because of results they have already received… brainy clients who have had sessions with me with a variety of healing centerpieces… they still think “Cord-cutting session.”

Oy veh!

Rosetree Energy Spirituality is NOT just cord-cutting

Fortunately I know a lot of skill sets. I have co-created some very specific, effective skill sets for aura healing and transformation. Much like a physician or an attorney or a college professor.

Some of these techniques and workarounds can be learned from my how-to books:

Of course, I know more about all these techniques than what fit into self-help books for beginners. Other techniques I use in sessions are not at in my books at all. They are too sophisticated, requiring a higher degree of energetic literacy than the regular type of aura reading in depth, everybody’s birthright kind, Stage Three Energetic Literacy.

Names of my trademarks also point to skill sets that include a great many additional techniques used in sessions of Rosetree Energy Spirituality:

Putting all these together is the Mentoring Program in Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

Why is an extensive mentoring program needed?

Because this form of mind-body-spirit healing is a complex, nuanced art. My graduates have to master assessment skills about which skill set to use to help a client. A professional at this form of aura healing knows plenty besides the powerful skill of cutting cords of attachment.

Pioneer Clients, Pioneer Aura Healers

In short, there is a lot to this new profession  on earth, Energy Spirituality. Clients like RACHEL are among the first thousands, seeking personal development, to experience this leading-edge skill set in mind-body-spirit healing.

About loving the power of cord-cutting, I get that. Remember, I have published the first (and still only) books on cutting cords of attachment.

Since the first edition of that first book, cord-cutting as a healing technique has become way more popular. I’m convinced that, in future years, Vibrational Re-Positioning will be hailed as just as important.

Meanwhile I do have a dream of having an extensive accredited course that takes years for completion, comparable to the Barbara Brennan School of Healing or the magnificent work of my friend Donna Eden, with her multi-level studies available in Eden Energy Medicine.

Historically Energy Medicine had to come first into collective consciousness. Isn’t that understandable? Energy Spirituality has a bright future. I’m pretty thrilled, actually, that the field of Energy Spirituality has grown so much since I first published that term in 2007.

The field has come so far that today “Energy Spirituality” has over 21,000 hits. Last summer, in 2013, I needed to further demarcate my field by calling it “Rosetree Energy Spirituality.” Excellent!

Much of my communication about this new aura healing resource is working, with help from many of you who read this blog and comment or ask your questions. From your perspective and mine…

Being a pioneer is a great honor

The healing power of Rosetree Energy Spirituality has been growing rapidly in the last decade. Together with my clients, we get to move collective consciousness forward.

We bring possibility into earth. But oh, my friends, sometimes I just sigh and wonder, how can I communicate better?

Do you have any ideas?

Or can you communicate from your perspective as one of my clients?

How can we tell the world that Rosetree Energy Spirituality involves far more than cutting cords of attachment?

Isabella says:

Rose, don’t you think that having Vibrational Re-Positioning as a common centerpiece will solve this problem on its own?

In the past more experienced clients have expected that a healing session will probably be a cord. Especially if they’d learned the skills of Spiritual Cleansing & Protection for themselves. So there’s been reason to think cords were the thing. But not anymore…

As the experience of a session of Aura Healing & Transformation changes, I think people will get used to it and there will be no reason to think of RES as cord cutting only. Without having to say much of anything. Like when you added “Rosetree” to “Energy Spirituality.”

Yes and no, ISABELLA. Because there are MANY healing centerpieces that are neither Vibrational Re-Positioning nor Cutting a Cord of Attachment. RES is a system, not just a couple of best-known techniques.

How does a session work? Each client brings an intention, then is informed about the healing centerpiece. Then each client gets to experience the results.

Nearly all of my clients have more than one session, and that includes many different healing centerpieces.

I look forward to when clients aim for a session of aura healing and transformation. Because that is the point, improvement.

If you go to an acupuncturist, does a client come in asking for needles to be stuck in particular places?

If you go to a chiropractor, does a client come in with a list of which positions are going to receive an adjustment?

Or does the client trust the holistic healing professional?

That’s where I see RES headed.

Jessica says:

Right on the front page of your website, it says, “aura healing and transformation, regression therapy, cutting cords of attachment”. I realize you are currently redoing your website. But when one of the first things a potential new client sees is that you cut cords of attachment, it is probably easy for them to latch on to that – especially if that is a familiar term for them from other New Age resources – and think that is what their session is all about, since they’re not there for a regression.

As for communicating during a session or a workshop, you have made it very clear (to me) that there are many healing centerpieces, each one a powerful healing technique. I’m thinking back to our last phone session, and you did not even mention the phrase “cut a cord of attachment” – you just told me what the healing centerpiece would be (not cutting a cord of attachment), and it was perfect for the healing I needed at that time.

Linda says:

Well, actually people do tell me as an acupuncturist where to put the needles. They will say, “Why are you putting needles in my ear, when it is my foot that hurts?” It is frustrating to have to educate people over and over.

I believe the problem lies not in communication necessarily. I think allopathic authoritarian style of medicine has trained the masses. A doctor says, “Research shows if you take this pill you will have this outcome.”

What if one doesn’t get the desired outcome? The patient is blamed or shamed. Yet they accept whatever the doctor says. I tire of trying to explain how acupuncture works in two seconds… I often respond with, “Can you explain what happens when one takes an aspirin?”

Rosetree Energy Spirituality is another healing art that people see as magical, just as many people see acupuncture.

If I had a penny for every time someone asked me if acupuncture really worked… I would be wealthy.

Rose, I think it will take time. It is not a lack of communication in my mind… It is a paradigm shift on the precipice.

Thanks so much for these comments. “Why are you putting needles in my ear, when it is my foot that hurts?”

I hope to remember that one in the future, LINDA.

Gaaaaa, what would life on earth be without humor?

Primmie says:

I don’t know, because I think you’re doing a fantastic job as it is.

David.. says:

Good point Linda.
    If people have little context and no experience with something, they’ll latch on to a simple idea they’ve heard before and that’s the box you’ll be put in.

It’s what people can and are willing to hear.

This is more of an issue with being cutting edge and unfamiliar than how well you’re communicating.

David.. says:

One other thing that comes to mind I got heck for. Marketing needs to be simple and easily graspable ideas so they know how it can help them. If it’s just an idea they can’t relate to, it may be interesting but they won’t relate it to themselves personally. ie: they won’t think of you when they need help.

You should be happy there’s one thing they can relate to. 😉

David.. says:

Energy Spirituality is a great move to umbrella it. And you want trademark names and clear terms. But RES includes a lot. And the long lists on the left column don’t help newbies get there fast.

That’s why I have “Key Posts” on my site – child categories that are posts where I explain something closely. This helps newbies but it also helps me find links to articles I need to explain terms when I write a later article. I use it almost daily.

Having general categories as a pick list is still useful but having direct links to key articles is even more so.

When I write a new summary article, I check that special category and it shows up on that summary page.(using a plugin) I can tell you how to do it if you like. I’ve been helping Rick on BATGAP with something similar.

David.. says:

btw – I got heck by a marketer because I’m a generalist and when I did a brochure that listed all the services I offered (new media days), it just confused people. They have to be able to categorize you to remember what you can do for them.
    😉

If you want to get a clear message, I can give you her contact info.

Thanks so much, everyone, for your words of support. You know, I think this is a paradigm problem more than something that can be solved neatly with marketing.

Sure, my website is under construction and there is room for improvement in all things SEO. Yet some shifts, big shifts, just take time. There is no way around it.

Mostly your words of encouragement remind me to just keep going, doing my work in integrity. And, of course, I am grateful for all the ways you Blog-Buddies spread the word.

Primmie says:

I really agree with your comment 12 Rose. I think you’re doing everything well. Sometimes others take time to catch on and catch up.

Zelda says:

I think that it could be helpful to develop an introductory page, for instance, linked to your blog, that would set the context for people new to and/or exploring your work.

While the current links on the left of the blog are helpful for finding posts related to those topics, I would guess that it might actually contribute to that notion people have that they can pick and choose the technique they want you to use.

Zelda says:

When I recently spoke about your work with a student of mine, I directed her to the blog to learn about what you do.

There are cultural reasons why making a leap into the realm of speaking about auras and chakras is a challenge to her, and she is aware of this. Unfortunately, with the explosion of people hanging shingles and doing energy work, the terms can be so incredibly misinterpreted, as you well know.

As a language teacher, my instinct is to suggest a simple glossary of terms as they are used in Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

Along with that, the introductory page for newbies that I suggested would create an entry point to your system. The goal here would be to create a stronger and more easily accessible focus on the fact that cord-cutting is part of a broader system.

Tehya says:

When I first came across your site, I resonated with the description of cutting cords of attachment. I remember that glorious Eureka! moment of finally finding a solution to my problem at the time.

It never even crossed my mind that it wasn’t necessarily up to me to CHOOSE cords as a healing centerpiece. It felt less like going to an acupuncturist and telling her where to stick the needles (which I cannot imagine doing), and more like going to a spa (no, not a great analogy) and selecting a service from the menu. Exactly like Zelda said in Comment 14 about people thinking they can pick and choose the technique they want.

I’m not sure I would have booked the first appointment without having that instant resonance with cords of attachment. But it would be good to somehow put RES, rather than RES techniques, more on display as the approach one is signing up for. Needs to be even more clear that I’m signing up for either healing, research, or mentoring, and when it comes to healing you get to assess what is most necessary for my intention.

Thank you, TEHYA, ZELDA, and PRIMMIE. These changes are planned for redoing the website, and it’s good to have your perspectives.

It is taking months to get the website re-do all done. Meanwhile, thank you for the kind and gentle words of support.

Kira says:

I’m thinking this may be a general perception issue with many people.

Here’s why: I have a friend who does photography, graphic design (2D and 3D), and various film-making crew tasks (primarily camera and sound).

When he offers to help out on someone else’s project, he is offering one specific ability–let’s say, still photography–for that project. But he mentions all the other things he can do.

Nevertheless, if the person he did still photography for now wants someone to do, oh, sound recording, my friend often gets overlooked, in spite of having listed his other skills. He has been told, “Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t ask you; I thought you only did photography.”

I don’t have nearly as concrete an example from my own life, but my observations over the years have been that a lot of people really want to pigeonhole others. It’s as if they file a person under the first label that makes sense, and then can’t add additional ones later.

At least one of the people I know to have done this is a Mensa member, so it’s not necessarily due to a lack of intelligence.

Kira says:

In fact, I’ve caught myself doing it on occasion, whenever I’m surprised to have run into someone I know in a completely different context (like seeing my doctor at the grocery store).

David.. says:

Kira – thats exactly what I mean. Great example.

Running into someone out of context is funny. Sometimes, I know I know them but until I can remember the context, things like their name will escape me.

Seems how we use memory. It’s associative so we tend to categorize people so we have associations and context to remember them by.

Thats why Marketers seek a key name and catchphrase, or a book has a title and subtitle. Or a blog has a title and a tagline.

Zelda says:

Rose, I agree with what you’ve said about consciousness shifting.

I live in an area in which there are probably more folks per square mile interested in energy work of all kinds than in most communities. When I first moved here, I was excited about that!

What I’ve come to see is that while I’ve honed my understanding of the issues you’ve described throughout the past couple of years on the blog, most people I’ve encountered around here are at a point at which they don’t seem to even realize that there’s any discerning to be done when it comes to modalities or practitioners.

Zelda says:

I’m wondering if it’s just me or if others have had the experience of noticing that more people in general seem to be a bit confused or unfocussed lately.

For example, in recent dealings with health insurance companies, I’m no longer surprised, but still amazed by how often glaring mistakes are made.

In many of the students I teach, too, I’ve been amazed by how many people are just plain unfocussed.

I’m wondering if it’s related to the major energy shifts we’ve been experiencing.

In any case, I hazard a guess that this could contribute to the lack of understanding about how your system works.

Zelda says:

Finally, though it doesn’t exactly fit into the thread here, except that it’s about cutting a cord of attachment, I’d like to share an experience I had today.

After seeing a colleague on Wed., I noticed that I felt a particular kind of funk that just didn’t feel like me and I couldn’t seem to shake it. I cut the cord of attachment to him today and felt relief instantly. Feel like myself again.

I’ve cut a lot of cords and still get jazzed when that kind of thing happens. What an amazing skill to have! Thank you again, Rose, for making it possible for me to be able to take care of myself in this way.

ZELDA, thank you so much for all these contributions, with their right-on observations.

This wide-scale embracing of energy anything — without discernment — you are exactly right about this. It is a concern for any practitioner with skills that so many are so unsophisticated in their enthusiasms.

Very related to The Shift into this Age of Energy, seems to me.

In months to come, I will have more to say about this, for sure. Including workarounds in a book that is having to wait while I publish the two upcoming volumes for empaths.

Meanwhile thank you so much for all you had to say here, ZELDA.

Zelda, your area sounds good to me, in spite of the amount of confusion. I find that here there is so little enthusiasm about energy. I’ve told very few people about the healing work I do with Rose, and those few I’ve told have stared at me blankly and instantly blocked out what I said. This is an area of rational scientists and intellectuals, people who are into their minds and into their bodies but forget anything spiritual.

Nonetheless, I have also observed a lot of unfocused people around me. Lots of people with a lot of brain fog going on. I think you are right that it is related to the shift.

Kyle says:

Rose I think cord cutting is just the one of your skills which is easiest for people to grasp, the one that seems the most concrete. I don’t think there is anything you are doing wrong communication wise.

Kira, I think you are onto something too–I’m finding this out with name change. There are some people who “filed” me under my old name and just do not have the mental flexibility to refile me. It doesn’t matter how much time passes, or how many reminders they get. I get annoyed, but I understand it.

Once I misheard the bus announcement recorder call out the street name “Brimmer.” I heard “Perimeter.” Crazily enough, I ride this bus every day and my brain still stubbornly insists that the announcer is saying “Perimeter.” So, maybe my brain elasticity isn’t all that either.

David.. says:

(laughs) I find that with spelling too. Spell a word wrong once and it keeps coming out that way.

I think the brain is very flexible. Every experience changes the brain. But we do like to use established pathways as those shift into sub-conscious habits that run much faster than the conscious mind.

Plus, it frees the mind to enjoy. Or obsess. 😉

Zelda says:

Good point, Kylie. The funny thing is that while I sometimes do speak about Rose’s work with people here, only one person has actually gone so far as to book a session. There is a particular kind of openness, though. And there are intellectual types as well.

Vanessa says:

By its very name, “Cutting Cords of Attachment” will attract people who feel victimized by a person they are or was once attached to. The effects that attachment is likely so painful that clients are desperate for release.

Currently, energy work methods are listed at the forefront of your website. Clients may consider the methods as a shopping list from which they can choose. Later, down in the weeds, you talk about your process of working with clients. It may help to shift the main focus of your website to your “process” of working with clients and then list the various skills you use to support that process, and later list the workshops. This way, any visitor of your website gets to know you and the way you work BEFORE learning about energy work methods. The missing puzzle piece is about you!

Thank you for these insights, VANESSA. Just what we aim to do when redesigning my website, and you have added to the concept piece here. 🙂

Cathy says:

I like the idea of having the page on your website that says y’all Roasters Energy Newbies Start Here!’ Then of course they can connect to beginner blog posts, glossary, and get their first books. I love all the books. However, if I were starting out again, I would get ‘Use Your Power of Command…’ followed by ’30 Days to Empath Empowerment..’. I’m still not ready for ‘Cutting Cords…’ Although I think I will be before much longer.
    I love the way you communicate things. I don’t think the problem is your communication, but people’s perception.

Sweet and helpful, CATHY. Thank you.

Cathy says:

Oh lordy, I just saw what autocorrect did to my post haha *All Newbies to Rose Rosetree…* not roasters, I do apologize 😛

Funny, CATHY, I read it as “Newbies.”

Those funny autocorrects, sometimes!