Brain Fog after The Shift into this Age of Aquarius, a Guest Post by ISABELLA

Could brain fog be a blessing in disguise?

Could brain fog be a blessing in disguise?

A recent topic of interest here at the blog has been Brain Fog, Spotting Liars, and Life after The Shift. You could call brain fog the opposite of deeper perception. The topic certainly has generated some fascinating comments over at that earlier article.

My favorite so far in this thread came to us courtesy of AN AVID READER who works at an Ivy League University.  She wrote in  Comment #11 about “students completely forgetting to show up for work–-definitely not on purpose. Definitely not lying as it is followed by sincere apologies and promises to do better, etc.”

Wow! Do you have any idea what a big deal that is, Blog-Buddies? These aren’t the legacy students, admitted because their forebears went to the college or contributed large sums of money. These are students who need to work. And hardly layabout-type students, either.

Any student admitted to America’s most selective colleges these days is used to major brainiac focus and working really, really hard.

How best to deal with people in brain fog?

Gentleness was proposed in some comments. ZELDA wrote, “I focused on being kind and more patient with the varieties of fog I encountered. It certainly seems to have helped and I feel better, too.”

Today ISABELLA added to this thread. My headings and links and minor edits are standard, none of it touching that special heart of ISABELLA. Incidentally, ISABELLA, is an Apprentice in the Mentoring Program in Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

Could brain fog be part of personal development, moving forward at an accelerated pace on one’s path to Enlightenment?

Gentleness proposed as a way to help folks who are suffering from brain fog

ZELDA, you are a teacher aren’t you?

I got that. I agree with you on the gentleness.

Really I have only noticed the problem we’re talking about here, the fogginess and gentleness, within myself. The lessons from that just naturally go outwards into how I treat people and it works for me.

My personal fogginess was not something building over the last year, but just something I was noticing right before the initial comments here, in April 2014. And though a bit annoying, it wasn’t particularly worrying, since I’ve experienced it many times before, right after lots of healing and learning.

Mine might not have been a fogginess exactly, since it was cleaner energetically than what fogginess implies…. it was just a re-orientation to who I am now after a lot of changes. And it wasn’t something building over the last year, so maybe we’re talking about two different things.

Anyway, with behavior like this I’m pretty optimistic. Personally I tend not to notice certain kinds of problems as much as other people. Or maybe I just see them differently. Not to sound corny or impractical, but brain fog often looks to me like a solution rather than a problem.

What is brain fog, energetically?

Could the fogginess be a kind of God-given gentleness for people in a time of some really rough changes?

Right now in my small group of friends there are people going through big break-ups, moving overseas, getting turned down for jobs they were sitting on, etc… normal problems.

But I am also seeing a depth of questioning in their eyes that I didn’t see before. This could easily lead to full-on crisis mode for people if there weren’t a bit of fog to ease the way.

Personally, I am not in a position of trying to get a lot of people to do things, other than the local circuit court and the Department of Motor Vehicles. Maybe someone was feeling a bit foggy when they spelled my name wrong on my name change order… and then suggested I had spelled my own name wrong… lol…

I would probably feel totally differently if I were a teacher like you, ZELDA.

Zelda says:

Great post, Isabella!

Before reading your post, I was going to add a comment about the magical aspects of this time that includes brain fog, so I’ll share it here.

For instance, yesterday that same student I spoke of in an earlier comment, the one who’d forget the task immediately, actually perked up dramatically yesterday. It was like, wham! The fog cleared and she was sharp as a tack.

I’ve had as many instances of students magically getting things as I have had of the confused variety. The movements between fog and clarity seem quicker to me.

Zelda says:

I can relate to what you say about the processes going on in your/myself.

In the process of healing in recent months from a heart procedure, I have found myself literally “thinking” much more with my heart. Taking into consideration much more seriously how my heart feels about what I’m doing or about to do.

I’ve been gentler with myself and then the same way with others. It’s been a fascinating experiment.

Isabella says:

Hope you’re feeling better after that procedure, Zelda. You’re reminding me, when Dick Cheney had that heart transplant I wanted to read his aura before and after. I never got a chance to do it… might be interesting! Though at this point maybe all his lovely cells have taken over the transplant heart and it’s all Dick in there.

Teresa says:

Great post, Isabella. I’m hoping brain fog is a sign of forward movement!

Renee says:

Great post Isabella, Thank goodness for this blog otherwise I would have thought there was really something wrong with me.
    It’s nice to think that brain fog is a gentle way to help us through this amazing time of growth.
    I know I have had moments of such clarity in terms of universal “knowing”.
    this discussion of brain fog ironically brings in to focus all the ways we are moving forward. So exciting!

Amanda says:

Hi Isabella, I enjoyed reading this, thank you.

I tend not to notice these things so much either, or not mind – perhaps because I would rather see someone heal than anything else.

Plus we have a whole lifetime in which to achieve in lots of different ways.

If rest stops are required, and processing stuff out demands its due, that makes sense to me.

🙂

Amanda

David.. says:

Interesting- I’d never framed it like this before.

I would note there are 2 types or causes of fog touched on here.

One type is the dust created by purification. There’s an analogy they use in India of sleeping elephants (old Stuff). When elephants wake up, they may run around and kick up dust before they leave.

David.. says:

The other type is reintegration after growth. When part of the platform of experience shifts, things can be a little out of alignment for a short time. Here, it’s useful to think of our body (physical and energetic) as a mirror of consciousness. When there’s an upgrade, the mirror needs to be realigned. It’s not focused the same way now. A different value of light.

But I’d agree – a little fog is actually useful during both.

David.. says:

I’d also note that Stuff itself can create a fog-like dense-ness. That’s a different thing that’s more dense and not due to change.

From an Indian perspective, this type is tamas or inertia. The other 2 are from movement or change – rajas. Clearing the way for purity, sattva. 😉

David.. says:

Also, the first 2 often come together. Openings often create release too. Or release, openings.

Both can stir things up a little. But within the process, there is balance, then disintegration/ purification, growth, and integration, leading to a new balance.

Thanks so much for your comments here, DAVID, AMANDA, RENEE, TERESA, ZELDA and (of course) ISABELLA.

The flow of wisdom here in comments at this blog — wow! Makes me feel like a proud Momma.

Zelda says:

Yesterday morning I wrote my comments in this thread and then happily got on the bus to go to work.

Once on the bus, I noticed the time and was incredulous and amused to see that I was on the bus exactly at the time that I was already supposed to be at work!

I’d gotten the bus schedule and days mixed up somehow and had another goof with time later in the day.

Turned out to be a great opportunity to practice that kindness I’d written about earlier!

Amanda says:

I’m also wondering if some of the brain fog symptoms may be related a kind of craving that I’ve noticed is on the increase.

It links in (for me) to the desire for fame that was discussed on the Jennifer Lawrence reading.

A craving based on illusion that detracts from the reality of life – a kind of ‘more more more, me me me’ empty addictiveness which clouds the ability to objectively assess reality.

I think we are being invited to see through our illusions, and perhaps they are magnified so we have to deal with them.

Amanda

Amanda says:

It also links to the discussion about identifying liars.

We bring expectations, assumptions and desires to our dealings with people which in themselves constitute an illusion.

I have been commenting a lot recently and wondering if I’ve been commenting too much, but I think it may be my way of working this kind of thinking out!

For me certainly, the Shift is allowing me to notice for the first time that, putting aside other people, liars or the spaced-out, there are whole areas of my own experience and reactions which I could perhaps be viewing with some healthy distrust. 🙂

Amanda

AMANDA, thank you so much for every golden word. And I’m sure I’m not the only Blog-Buddy who perks up whenever it is an AMANDA comment.

David.. says:

I’ve noted a rather pervasive sense of entitlement that infects N. America. The advertizing world encourages it, leading to unreasonable expectations and a debt culture. That leads to craving and then suffering.

Primmie says:

I love your comments Amanda.

PRIMMIE, I’m loving comments by you as well as AMANDA and DAVID.

Am doing a bit of head-slapping over your Comment #16. Particularly taken with:

“Saw some rather dismal stats on retiring boomers and how ill-prepared they are. 34% are planning on winning a lottery to make ends meet.”

What a stunning thing to read while doing a weekend workshop on making money. Much of Day One was spent debunking various forms of magical thinking about success and wealth.

Must remember to cite this tomorrow. Maybe the rest of the workshop will join me in head-slapping.

Primmie says:

Debunking magical thinking about money sounds like a truly helpful thing to be doing. I really dislike the law of attraction movement because it can promote an addiction to fantasy. I don’t know anyone who functions optimally when they have an active fantasy addiction.

Tricky, isn’t it, PRIMMIE? Magical thinking produces horrible results. Nonetheless, there are some ways that a success-seeking person can make use of energy and consciousness. Sadly, it seems to me, Law of Attraction teachings really distort this potential.

Moreover the side effects of LOA practices are really dreadful, as with aura-level research that I report in Magnetize Money with Energetic Literacy: 10 Secrets for Success and Prosperity in the Third Millennium.

So it is possible, seems to me, to satisfy much of the yearning that causes folks to practice The Secret or spend hours listening to sound recordings about Abraham-Hicks.

It is my privilege to teach a sensible program, based in Stage Three Energetic Literacy, that combines telling the truth about what doesn’t work with supplying Energetic Workarounds that can really make a difference.

And have made a difference, sometimes measured in thousands of dollars, for graduates of the Magnetize Money Workshop as well as readers of the book.

So far, I have sold just one set of foreign rights to Magnetize Money with Energetic Literacy: 10 Secrets for Success and Prosperity in the Third Millennium.

It is being published in China.

David.. says:

One tidbit I found interesting from the Yoga Sutras is on one of the Yamas.
    “When non-theft is established, all jewels (wealth) rise up.”

This points to a subtle attitude about possessions and where you see them coming from. If we see life as a competition with others and wanting what others have, we create a barrier to wealth. But if we see life as providing our needs, they just show up.

The first of course would point to Stuff in some of those critical places, like Earning Money and Handling Conflict and the Third Eye ones.

Primmie says:

Rose, your course sounds fantastic.

PRIMMIE, thanks so much.

And DAVID, I am just thrilled when you share your understanding about ancient concepts of consciousness and relate that to today’s research into chakra databanks.

"Ruby" says:

Regarding brain fog, I myself have noticed the topic under discussion in this article about carbon dioxide levels.

I wonder, might this have something to do with brain fog?

Jean says:

This is a great discussion.

Thanks to Isabella for the post – and much appreciation to all for the thoughtful comments.

I now have have more respect for my brain fog – and more patience with my human self as well.

And yes I agree with Rose in comment #25 – sure helps me to be learning about all the ancient concepts of consciousness around this – thank you David.