Trusting Deeper Perception. Or Not. A Guest Post by ZELDA

Why flee deeper perception?

Why flee deeper perception?

Do people feel threatened by deeper perception? What else does explain dismissing energetic literacy… when it offers so much that is true and practical?

Really, what could be better for protecting yourself as a New Age consumer? Or any other kind of consumer!

Continuing our collective exploration of Deception Detection and how it might work better with energetic literacy skills, ZELDA’s comment from today was so thought provoking I thought it deserved its own position here as a guest post.

This arose as part of our conversation at The Promise of Aura Reading to Spot Liars More Effectively Than Other Methods. A guest post by Pete. Below ZELDA asks PETE for his opinion, as a professional in the field of spotting liars and the like. In addition, feel free to give your own responses, everyone. ZELDA is onto something here, seems to me. And perhaps you can answer this question, Blog-Buddies:

Is there anything you can do to help start a pilot program teaching Aura Reading Through All Your Senses(R)?

Personally, I have contacted the FBI and the CIA. I long to start that teaching but have neither contacts nor time to pursue proposals. If you can help in any way, you won’t just have my undying gratitude but can know that you are making a big difference to collective consciousness for all who pursue deception detection.

Why So Quick to About Face? Why Not Seek a Deeper Analysis?

One more question, PETE. You said, “Many professionals and trainers are quick to distance themselves from profiling or deeper analysis of the individual.”

I’m wondering what your take is on why people are quick to distance themselves.

I’m aware of a fairly common cynical view in the mainstream world of many aspects of what could be described as “energy work.” Because there are definitely unscrupulous folks hanging their shingles as psychics, etc., my impression is that many mainstream folks lump all practitioners of energy work together in that category of “unscrupulous.”

And/or that all things “New Age” are flaky, not to be trusted, etc.

Do you have a sense that these tend to be the reasons for the distancing you described?

I find it fascinating and encouraging that you have connected with Rose and “get” how her work could be of such value in the realm of deception detection. For those of us who have engaged this aspect of her work, as I have, it’s simply a no-brainer.

I had to hire a lawyer in a state across the country for an estate matter. For the cost of a session with Rose, I was able to find a lawyer with integrity who was an excellent fit for me and my situation. That preliminary research sure did save me money and potential hassles.

I look forward to hearing the third part of the interview.

Zelda,

I think there are several reasons for the distancing.

First of all, no one wants to be associated with profiling because of the racial and religious prosecution implications that this brings.

Also truthfully most people are not interested in looking deep within themselves and this prevents them from looking deep within others.

Pete says:

I think there is also a huge misconception out there regarding anything that is not deductive or one-dimensional.

The process of deeper perception is truly a spiritual quest that to me involves inner work from the assessor. It is also multi-dimensional.

Our society generally does not look for things to be deeper, but to be simpler as if one plus one equals two.

The deeper perception assessments require a realization that things are not always as they seem and it directly confronts the traditional ego evaluation that most people are really examining.

Pete says:

In order to engage in this process, a person has to acknowledge that there is more within themselves and this creates fear and the propensity to distance one’s self from an uncomfortable confrontation with the person in the mirror.

The fact that it may be considered New Age may also be a factor, but that also addresses the inner battle that most folks do not want to face.

Pete says:

It is so much more simpler to believe that assessments are easy and black and white.

This is not meant to target those in the industry but to indicate that human nature plays the biggest role and fear is the primary obstacle to deeper perceptions.

Zelda says:

Interesting, PETE.

What has been fascinating to me in the past few years in relation to Rose’s work, in terms of my sharing tales of engaging her to help me research people, is that it is entirely possible to not learn any of the skills at all, but simply to hire her to do the research.

So from a purely practical standpoint, setting aside all notions of people being willing to look deeply within themselves, I’ve just been amazed that only one person I spoke to about Rose’s work actually booked a session.

It’s really quite odd to me. But I do understand that many people are afraid of change in general.

Zelda says:

I think that also so many people really believe that they are powerless in so many situations, especially if it involves sticking their neck out and asking for something from someone in power.

I’ve encountered many people who seem to actually enjoy rehashing drama and problems, and so the thought of simply doing an end-run around a whole host of drama by researching that person before you date or hire him or her would most likely be mind-blowing.

Zelda says:

A thought came to mind about the practicality of Rose’s work.

During the thick of the health adventure I went through last year with my heart, I had an interesting experience with my cardiologist.

I was in the process of deciding which cardiologist I wanted to work with to do a particular procedure.

A friend connected me with a consultant who is an expert in the field of medical technology. He strongly encouraged me to work with the “rock star” of the world of this procedure. That’s just what to do, he was saying to me. I could have conceivable done that, as he comes to a nearby hospital a week a month.

Zelda says:

This was the perfect type of decision to get help with from Rose, which I did.

I learned that the “rock star” would not have a good fit for me at all. More “rock star” than caring about me.

I learned that my cardiologist would be just great for me, that I could count on him doing things right. This has definitely been true.

In the course of a conversation with my cardiologist, I decided to take the risk of telling him briefly about the research and other “alternative” practitioners I’d worked with that helped me feel better.

He was very interested and said, “Whatever works!”

This is the type of mindset that I’ve actually been surprised to not encounter more frequently.

Why not at least check it out, especially given the results so many of us have had?

I know I’m preaching to the choir here, but just wanted to share that tale.

Madeline says:

I think that part of the reason for the distancing is that so many people are in spiritual shutdown and anything within a spiritual context is rejected. And those in Spiritual Addiction are mostly unwilling to accept/hear or even entertain a way of being or believing outside their own sphere.

Madeline,

I absolutely agree with you. People do not really want to be aware based on what is going on in the world and this is a byproduct of this challenge.

I think that for the most part we live in a society that functions on being spiritually unconnected.

I think that often people who are connected have more challenges but this is nothing new. The few souls who are open-minded and ready for change are rare but they are out there.

Zelda,

Unfortunately, I can completely relate to what you described because I used to be that person who blindly involved myself with others.

After surviving some close calls (enough for a TV drama series) I changed. This was my rough path and I agree with you wholeheartedly. T

he few dollars of investment in gaining an assessment beforehand can save millions in heartaches and real dollars.

Your example is a lot like I have experienced. The rock star can often be a narcissistic sociopath who looks great on the outside but is only out for their own interests. T

his lesson I have learned as well. I completely agree that taking the time beforehand pays for itself over and over again. On any important decision it is worth having Rose take a look. It cannot hurt and it may save your life literarily.

Zelda says:

The title of this article on the front page of the Sunday New York Times caught my attention this morning. “The Search for Our Inner Lie Detectors” leads to an article in the business section.

It’s interesting to note that the research and conclusions described in the article don’t sound anywhere near the level of sophistication and accuracy of aura reading using Rose’s techniques.

Pete says:

I agree but what it does possibly demonstrate is that if we tap into the subconscious mind that there are likely to have better results in reading others.

I think that Rose does promote this, just on a more sophisticated with the development of the individual.

I do not believe that someone could be good at aura reading without being more deeply connected internally and with their higher power.

Pete says:

It is also interesting to note that the article points out that most people are not well connected with their inner voice and this causes them to be inaccurate.

This provides good support for the process of developing one’s inner voice which is also supported throughout this process.

I would say that it proves that people are generally disconnected and that they can improve by becoming more connected to their inner voice.

Pete says:

This study further supports the above claim.

The other study supports that certain personality traits are found in faces.

What is not found to date is a study on aura reading. This is probably one of the reasons why it has not been embraced.

David.. says:

I agree that needed inner work is part of the issue. But many have had negative experiences in the past about this stuff – debunking, exposed charlatans, and where entertainment has been placed above understanding.

But it’s also scary for some to think their inner world may not be private. Or that they have no clue about whats “really going on”.

Lack of a simple framework for putting any of it in context certainly doesn’t help. How do you evaluate it?

Primmie says:

I haven’t experienced that people are interested in each other superficially. I enjoy popular culture and read gossip sites. On those sites I often see people analysing others with great interest and enthusiasm and on occasion breathtaking sophistication. Often I also see projection and contempt and resentment, but I rarely see disinterest. It’s just my observation, but it seems most people are extremely interested in other people and working out what makes other people tick. Perhaps the tools with which they analyse others are less sophisticated than those understood here, but I think that once people understand Rose’s techniques many will embrace them with enthusiasm.

Primmie says:

Having a son with Autism and seeing how he struggles to understand social connections that his twin sister at 2 navigates with ease, has shown me how hard wired we are as a species to be fascinated by others. It is only when I’ve observed a person who can’t function well in the world because he has no theory of mind, that I see how interconnected life usually is for people. My daughter as a toddler is already deeply interested in her friends and what they are doing and what they are feeling, and there isn’t anything superficial in her analysis!

Amanda says:

Primmie, I agree. We exist in relationship and it’s perennially interesting!

To me the promise of deeper perception is that we can train ourselves to do as Rose does and be accurate without judgement, speculation or dithering.

When you can see a potential issue clearly the response is automatic. It’s the reactions we bring that can mean it takes time to respond.

Because I like energy systems and the physical correlations for our capacities, I can’t help but wonder if lie detection is a small-intestine job – the part of us that discerns what to keep and what to um, discard. 🙂

Amanda

Teresa says:

Pete,
    I agree with your comments #13 & 14 in that people must listen to their inner voice and connect with their higher power in order to accurately read others.

I believe much of the disconnect from their higher power and failure to recognize their inner voice has a great deal to do with their upbringing and family culture.

Some are not allowed to connect with their higher power other than through approved spiritual practices. Similarly, the “inner voice” is discounted unless it complies with the above mentioned spiritual practices. Those who are raised in this atmosphere have difficulty trusting their self authority.

Listening to your inner voice or self authority requires changing lifelong beliefs, in severe cases it is can be like departure from a cult.

Teresa,

That is a great point, it is a retraining process that must occur and it is challenging to access the gut level versus operating within one’s head. This is always challenging but once it occurs it is really hard to ever look back. In my view, this is where the inner wisdom comes from and when great accomplishments can take place to include making better assessments of others. Having tried it the other way I know that does not work.

David,

I think that it is just a long term project that seems to never end. I constantly evolve and realize what I knew last year or week sometimes was completely invalid. Speaking from experience, the more aware I am about myself, the more I am about others. But to clarify I think that being a student of human behavior is a never ending process and it takes time.

Amanda and Primmie,

Your insights are encouraging. I think sometimes being involved in the darker side of things can sometimes taint my view of humanity so it is good to see that others out there are actually interested in reading people deeper.

David.. says:

Hi Pete
    re: gut level wisdom. I would note this is one of the places it can come from. It may be what works for you. But that one is not universal. For example, I get “gut feelings” but thats not how I get knowledge – just occasional warnings.

That is indeed one of the things to learn though: which is our intuitive or 6th sense or knowing mode(s). Rose mentions 4 types in her Aura Reading book. That’s distinct from subtle senses and from empath gifts though they may operate together.

David.. says:

For example, Teresa mentioned “inner voice”. (as distinct from monkey mind) Voice (subtle hearing) may be her dominant sense and the way it comes to her. But her knowing means will be under that. It may also show up in other ways, like “popping in” or however she might describe it.

This is one of the things I’ve found really valuable in Rose’s work – the distinctions she makes in the style of our gifts. We don’t have to see auras to read them, etc. We’re all a unique package of gifts. 😉

David,

Thanks for the insight. That is great news that we do not all have to use the same tools because like you mentioned we are all so different. I know that there is truly so much to learn and finding our style is a process. This is the core essence of expanding our abilities.

Pete says:

The great thing about being on here is that I learn more from everyone’s comments than I sometimes can offer. It is an honor to talk with everyone here and share with the great insights.

Primmie says:

Amanda that’s very funny!

Primmie says:

Pete, I admire your ability to stay vulnerable and aware while you work in such a challenging field.

PETE, about your Comment #27, I feel the same way. This is an awesome online community. I’m grateful for every one of you here.

And thanks, DAVID, for that acknowledgement in Comment #25. The system is called Aura Reading Through ALL Your Senses(R) for good reason.

I think it’s important to validate the full gift set that each of us has for life. In the how-to book by that name, there are over 100 techniques in order to support a person’s gift set as well.

Going over The Empowered Empath in preparation for publication later this spring, I am doing all I can to shed light on the full range of empath gifts as well. It is baffling to me how some empath coaches today can reduce all empath abilities into terms like “Intuitive Empath” or “Psychic Empath.”

If you like nuance, I think you will enjoy reading about 15 different empath gifts, any one of which might be all you have. And you could still call yourself an empath.

David.. says:

Ooo – even more than mentioned in Become. 😉

Primmie,

Thanks but we all live in the challenging field of human interaction and we are all vulnerable to whatever might come up this is something none of us can escape. I have had to learn the hard way for the majority of the lessons that I have learned and I am hoping that with the employment of the skills discussed here that this trend can stop.

David.. says:

Hi Pete
    Yep – the trend can stop. For one, you gain the ability to resolve things energetically rather than having to live them out. And the more that is clear, the less the barrier to simply being.

Then we are neither vulnerable nor trapped.

David.. says:

From a Vedic perspective the auras are called koshas or sheaths. We carry our baggage (Stuff) mainly in the energy and mental koshas. When those are more clear, 2 things become conscious or shine through.

The first is the anandamaya kosha, the bliss body. The second is Atman. Both are boundless. One brings deep happiness, the other peace. We realize this is who I am. Then neither vulnerable nor trapped. 😉

Pete says:

I can honestly say that it is such a blessing to have exposure to these concepts and everyone’s experience and knowledge. It is amazing what new discoveries are available when our minds are open. My perspective has changed and I thank Rose and everyone on this blog for the great insights.

Zelda says:

I’ve been enjoying everyone’s comments so much in this thread.

There is something enormously fun for me about encountering you, Pete, as an open-minded person in the line of work you do who “gets” how cool these skills and techniques are.

I am seeing many shifts with people in general lately, more openness, more “getting” things.

It’s very exciting and brings me much pleasure.

Pete says:

I can not help but see the difference. I have been experimenting with face reading and my understanding of aura reading in assessing others objectively and I can not deny that it produces more valuable insight about others.

This was not anything that I was looking for. I was merely looking for the truth in which methodologies work the best.

Now I am having challenges trying to figure out how I can best present my findings and recommendations in a scholarly manner that allows others to see for themselves. I am currently altering my dissertation proposal to reflect the discoveries that you have all exposed me to.

Thanks is all I can say because at least it will help me improve the quality of my life and I can slowly work to open others up to the process with everyone’s help. It is great to do research in this manner without attempting to manipulate results but only seeking the truth.

Jean says:

I echo Zelda in comment #37….

Also a shout out from myself – Go Pete!

Thank you for all your work – great to have you sharing here with us on this definitely awesome online community….that I am grateful to be a part of.

And of course many thanks to Rose….