Such a big distinction to make, Blog-Buddies, as we pursue exploring charm:
How does charm shows in an aura, compared to having someone be just plain likeable?
And the huge complexity of this topic, even on the surface of objective reality, becomes way more intense when you can read chakra databanks.
So far, we have not yet explored the difference between charm, as it shows in an aura, and having a person simply be likeable or loveable. Aura reading makes this waaaaay clearer, so three cheers for gaining full energetic literacy! Meanwhile there is always commonsense, human reality.
Yesterday Blog-Buddy AMANDA reminded me of this distinction — in regular everyday behavior — when she sent in an entry to our latest contest, the Charm Contest. AMANDA nominated Donna Eden, founder of Eden Energy Medicine.
What AMANDA wrote was not, actually, about charm but about something else entirely. Reading the words that follow, can you tell what would be a better label for that pull towards DONNA? I’m going to take the liberty of paraphrasing a bit. (Ooh, forgive me, please, AMANDA.)
- DONNA has not just joy, but a wonderful way of connecting with individuals through her joy.
- When interacting with people, she treats each one of them in a caring way.
- She uses her skills in service to others.
Likeable! Loveable! Attractive! Admirable!
Qualities like these can pull a person. But now hear this, Blog-Buddies, because it’s really important for discernment in all your relationships….
Being Likeable Is Different from Charm
You’ll find a conscious reaction to people, helping you to tell the difference.
When you read chakra databanks, researching a variety of chakra databanks, you’ll find something comparable.
Can you relate to the descriptions that follow? I’ll use the example of “GLADYS” although “JOE” is also capable of being either likeable or charming or both.
Likeable — What That Really Means
This person, GLADYS, wow! I like her so much because she is (in no particular order):
- A person of faith
Charming — What That Can Mean
Still about hypothetical GLADYS, and in no particular order. Gee, GLADYS fascinates me because:
- There’s something about her that pulls me.
- She fascinates me somehow.
- Being with her, there’s a sparkle to life, as if somebody turned on a spotlight.
- Spending time with her feels different from spending time with others, so much more special.
- Spending money with her feels different, like I get so much more value than when I’m just with ordinary people, spending money.
- Everything looks beautiful around her.
- She makes me feel beautiful and special, just by being there.
- I feel a promise, like if I could spend even more time with her, there is no limit to all the fun we could have.
- I long to spend time with GLADYS, even if I don’t quite understand why.
- I am so special to GLADYS. I always feel that way around her; she makes me feel that way.
Your Assignment, Blog-Buddies
Just to help you get this very big, important difference, here’s a little exercise for you. Think of a person from your past who, in retrospect, was a charmer. Or a player. Someone who may have been popular. Someone who seemed to really care about you, but didn’t. Or someone who used you, perhaps.
Not to depress you, but you get the idea.
Choose just one example.
Was that person likeable, really? Or was it more a matter of charm?
Do share your insights below in some comments. Educating yourself about charm versus just being likeable? This is an important way to protect yourself emotionally, socially, sexually, financially, and energetically.
Some people have both likeability and charm. Others have just the charm. Beware.