Aura Reading, Face Reading, and Skilled Empath Merge (As Done Here) Are Not Gossip

"Deeper Perception Made Practical" is a gossip-free zone.

Warning: “Deeper Perception Made Practical” is a gossip-free zone.

Monitoring this blog brings some challenges, folks. One is that some people may dismiss “Deeper Perception” as a legitimate search for truth, with standards and ethics and rigor.

With ideals like clarity, discernment, and healing.

With the kind of nuance that sometimes interests mental health professionals (psychiatrists and psychotherapists) to have me consult for them, doing aura reading research on their patients, the better to understand what is going on with them subconsciously.

One version of “The Gossip Problem” with deeper perception

To some, face reading, aura reading, and Skilled Empath Merge are (supposedly) synonyms for “Gossip.” In fact, I still remember an interview I did for Washingtonian Magazine, reading the mayor’s face.

Before publication, I was shown a letter to the editor. A reader mocked, at length, the very notion of physiognomy (a 5,000-year-old art) and concluded her stream of insults by telling me to “Get a life.”

I was then allotted 25 words or less to respond. (Or some teensy number of words like that.)

Some people MAY gossip, however, and use deeper perception as a pretext to get into juicy personal conversations. Frankly that is…

A second version of “The Gossip Problem” with Deeper Perception

I am very aware that there is a line to cross, where remarks devolve into gossiping.

The purpose of today’s article is to clarify standards for guest posts and comments here at this blog, my own personal blog.

In what follows I don’t mean to hurt anyone’s feelings, or to squelch anyone’s interest in aura reading, face reading, or Skilled Empath Merge. Clearly, however, we need standards, so here they come.

Preparing guest posts for this blog

Recently I received a submission for a guest post by OPAL, a Blog-Buddy who is brimming with enthusiasm over aura reading. It’s great that she is interested!

However, the lead to the article that I supplied was unusually short because OPAL had not supplied certain kinds of information.

From now on, it is a requirement that you supply the following kinds of information if you are going to write a guest post for “Deeper Perception Made Practical.”

Guest Post Requirements for an aura reading or Skilled Empath Merge

Kindly state the technique you are using to do the aura reading or Skilled Empath Merge. If you’re not using one of the techniques I teach, state the name of that technique or your teacher and the type of training you have received.

If you are entirely self-taught and have made up your own techniques to research chakra databanks, etc., I’m sorry but that is not going to work as a guest post for this blog.

Also provide a one-click link to the photo you have used for the aura reading research or Skilled Empath Merge. Thank you.

What else is and is not okay, to avoid crossing the line into gossip

What if you are commenting on a post and wish to discuss what the person has said or done, or link to journalism about that public figure? Fine. That is not an aura reading. That is not a Skilled Empath Merge. That is simply a comment.

What if you are commenting on a post and wish to share your own independent research on a public figure’s aura? Fine, so long as you tell us which technique you are using to do the aura reading or Skilled Empath Merge. If you’re not using one of the techniques I teach, state the name of that technique or your teacher and the type of training you have received. And either use the same photo for the main post or supply a one-click link to the photo you have used for the aura reading research or Skilled Empath Merge. Fine.

What if you are commenting on that public figure’s body of work, or movie performance, etc., sharing your opinion as a human being? That is your opinion, not an aura reading, right? It would be helpful to say what in objective reality you noticed and what is your personal opinion and why. Fine.

Forms of gossip that are not going to be allowed in future on this blog

What about commenting about a public figure, interpreting that person as if you knew him and we were having a chat about his problems?

For example, at the previously-mentioned post: “He is honorable to others, but to Robert? He is furious with himself for striking s bargain with Hollywood. He deeply regrets this, and he pays the every.single.day.” Sorry. Not fine.

In the future I will not let through comments like this because, to me, they cross the line into gossip.

What if you are commenting and wish to make a prediction? An example would be at that Pattinson post, Comment #6. “Yes, his innocence has been tarnished. Robert is shell-shocked, but his English resolve will see him through. It’s a matter of personal pride.” Not fine. Save your predictions for psychic or paranormal blogs, please.

What about asking an article poster or Blog-Buddy to supply some juicy girl talk or boy talk? An example, from the previously mentioned post, Comment #6. “Opal, you are duty-bound as a woman to share his sexy stuff.  ” Not at my blog. I don’t think so.

How about sharing recollections of other aura readings from the past? Such as Comment #7, “I did read him back in the day, around the time Twilight was filming, he was quite the seducer. His Trusting Women databank went something like: Trusting Women? Women are kind to him. It’s not a question of trusting women. It’s more a question of THEM trusting HIM. And if something goes wrong? Well… They’re easy enough to manipulate.”

If you are not reading someone’s aura right then and recording your reading right then, it is not going to be considered aura reading at my blog. Not fine. Crossing the line into gossip.

In conclusion

Thanks to those who inadvertently crossed the line and, thereby, woke me up to the need for explicit policies and standards.

Let’s keep our curiosity pristine and add honor to the important field of energetic literacy. This blog community is meant to help us to have fun and profit and excitement and personal growth and astounding insights. That’s plenty, right?

David.. says:

You raise a good point, Rose. It’s so easy for comments to drift sideways and everyone to follow along. It’s so common elsewhere.

That reduces the credibility of the site and the justification for studying public figures. Making it personal is not professional.

Maria says:

Rose,

About my comments:

I was being optimistic, not psychic.
    And I was making a joke, hence the smiley face.

I meant no harm; you may remove my comments
    if you like. Cheers.

Opal says:

My apologies. It won’t happen again.

Maria says:

ROSE,

About my comments:

I was being optimistic, not psychic.
    And I was making a joke, hence the smiley face.
    I certainly meant no harm.

While I agree that aura reading differs
    from gossip, I also think it can be just
    as invasive, personal motives notwithstanding.
    With so much information at one’s databanks
    so readily available to anyone at anytime,
    it gives me pause:

Can and does Aura Reading go too far?

Barring personal safety, what right have we
    to know so much about another without their
    permission?

Rose, pray tell, what say you?

Primmie says:

Thank you for this Rose it’s very helpful.

OPAL and MARIA, no personal criticism of you was intended. And I really didn’t want to hurt your feelings.

You dear people, you just gave me an opportunity to clarify standards for this blog from now on.

When is aura reading taken too far? When it is used for gossip!

Opal says:

I think as an aura reader you draw your own lines. Early on I established a few rules for myself:

1.) I try not to read a person out of simple curiosity about what’s going on in their minds. I like to have a premise that’s more impersonal like “How does someone famous relate to trusting people? How does a famous heartthrob relate to women throwing themselves at him?” It becomes more investigative and impersonal that way. It becomes more about a phenomenon than digging around a person’s aura just because you can.

Opal says:

2.) I realized that I didn’t want to read so far into a person that I felt like I personally knew them. It’s kind of hard to know where that line is because you do learn a LOT about a person but yeah. I don’t know the kind of things they joke about or how they spend their time, so I don’t REALLY know them.

Opal says:

3.) I don’t like sex stuff. Unless that person is out in public talking about their experiences as a former sex addict or they are a sex symbol it violates rule #1: it’s too personal. I really don’t want to read someone I admire’s feelings of sexual inadequacy and regret.

Opal says:

4.) I like Rose’s rule of not reading any private photos of people taken off guard such as paparazzi photos which are taken unethically.

I find that crossing these lines never ends well.

Primmie says:

I appreciate everyone’s input here, thank you. I love gossip, I love aura readings and I love thinking about people generally, so it’s helpful for me to think about what’s appropriate and what isn’t.

Maria says:

ROSE,

Rest assured, you did not hurt my feelings.
    And you did not criticize, just clarified.
    Thank you for giving me the chance to do
    likewise. 🙂

When Aura Reading is used for gossip, it has
    gone too far. But even when it’s not, someone
    still has all this information about you that
    they have no right knowing.
    Isn’t that just as wrong?

To me, it’s like stealing money from someone.
    Even if I do nothing with it, the fact that I
    took it in the first place remains wrong.
    Personal motives notwithstanding.

Opal says:

Morality is subjective and contextual. It can only be defined by the individual for himself or herself. If you feel it to be wrong and are conflicted about it then you can choose not to engage in aura reading.

That doesn’t make it objectively wrong. There is no authority on that. Which is probably why enlightened people can do things that other people consider unethical and still be enlightened.

Opal says:

I don’t feel bad about reading someone’s aura because it doesn’t hurt them. I don’t even feel bad about posting my findings because I doubt that the subject of them will ever find out. I doubt they would even believe it if they saw it.

But I have my own line. My guest post on Robert Pattinson isn’t the first I’ve composed. I wrote one up on a particularly severely troubled celebrity who has had her privacy exploited heavily by the media but I chose not to email it to Rose because I didn’t want to be complicit in her further exploitation.

What, you don’t think most folks would be willing to pay a fine for astral littering or psychic body odor? 😉

Of course, DAVID, what is the long-term consequence when this kind of littering grows to epidemic proportions? Maharishi Mahesh Yogi used to say that this caused wars and natural disasters.

Although I don’t agree with everything Maharishi said or did, I suspect he’s right on this score. How about you, DAVID and other Blog-Buddies?

David.. says:

Opal – thanks for sharing your thoughtful considerations. On #2, I learned more about that when meeting people I’d known in past lives. I discovered I’d made the assumption they were who I remembered. But they were not – they were a unique expression in this life.

Whatever the Facebook profile, aura, face reading, or phrenology – to know the person, you still have to get to know them. Their own experience of all this is not yours.

David.. says:

As for ethics, I think it’s more about what you do with the information than the information itself. (hence Rose’s comments on gossip and Opal’s points)

The aura itself is something we broadcast all the time. We may not realize or expect it can be read but that does not make it unethical if it is.

As an empath, I get impressions of people all the time. That’s not unethical, it’s just the way I’m built. They’re broadcasting, I’m receiving (and still learning).

David.. says:

Switching it a little, people broadcast their Stuff into the environment all the time. It could be argued that’s energetic littering. The buildup of that can cause troubles in nature. Natural disasters, weather extremes, etc.

It could be argued that’s very unethical. But it’s not conscious.

Jeanne says:

It struck me as somewhat unsurprising in response to a reading of Robert Pattinson. By contrast, I would not expect that response to a reading of someone like Maya Angelou, for instance.

Maybe this is what David is getting at in comment 18, that some people are broadcasting their STUFF into the environment? So perhaps this is a response to energetic littering from Pattinson? (Whereas someone like Angelou is much cleaner?)

Which is not to say that having standards with respect to aura reading isn’t important. I’m wholeheartedly in favor of that! I am just wondering if it is more difficult to maintain those standards when responding to aura readings of certain celebrities, particularly those that are frequent subjects of the tabloids.

David.. says:

(laughs) A new type of energy tax! The government could really rake it in. Put meters at stressful intersections, home meters, etc.

David.. says:

Yes, I’ve found it does build up in environments, looking for resolution. Both nature and groups of people can be triggered. My home city has had a few riots for example.

But more telling to me was the 2010 Olympics. It started with an absolutely massive flash mob doing “dancing in the streets” and the party never stopped. A lot of activists in the area and some tried to incite a riot. They got told off.

I’ve worked in places where aggressiveness, frustration, and anger were prevalent. Staff often had Pitta problems. I’ve lived in communities with with hundreds meditating together daily. That supported everyone. Not perfect but its developed as one of the more successful, green and progressive towns in the state.

And of course there’s every variation between.

David.. says:

I’ve seen stormy weather after a difficult public event and earthquakes can have a quality of sudden release, not just physically.

But often its not so obvious how events are interconnected.

David.. says:

If all this seems unlikely, consider the Global Consciousness Project at Princeton. They monitor a worldwide network of random number generators. When a significant event takes place that a lot of people put their attention on, the generators stop being random. All over the world.

Energy is more local and more focused so will have those kinds of effects.

Primmie says:

David, thank you for comment 17. As an empath I often used to be overwhelmed by the information I got about other people. I’m not sure, but somehow the unboundaried nature of the impressions I got seemed to make me more unboundaried in terms of what I did with that information. I was an open book so I had no sense that that wasn’t good for me, and equally I didn’t realise that forcing other people to be open books (because of what I knew about them) wasn’t great either.

I’m still learning about what’s appropriate and what isn’t which is why I appreciate discussions like this and I also think becoming a skilled Empath contributes greatly to realising what’s right and wrong. Well, that is my experience. Learning to switch off the flow had made me more discerning about what I share about others. Am still learning though and still love gossip.

Jean says:

Yes a great discussion…thanks everyone.

Opal says:

JEANNE – You have a point about the nature of the subject coloring the discussion. And I also think it’s harder to conduct a proper aura reading if you have a lot of preconceived notions wrapped around a person. If you’re a fan, for instance, it’s very easy during a reading for your conscious mind to come in and say “No, no, I’m not seeing that. It can’t be true.” and then information gets discounted in favor of your projection.

I actually don’t have a lot of feelings about Robert Pattinson as a celebrity; I’ve never resonated with him. However, I did have preconceived notions going in. Even so, I know my reading was clean because I was very surprised at what I found. I simply never could have expected it.

Opal says:

Could astral littering explain Mass Hysteria?

JEANNE, in response to your Comment 20, and your question, “Rose, I am wondering if there might be something about a person’s aura that somehow invites or encourages gossip in response to a reading of their aura.”

The answer lies here, seems to me. Each of us can have an interest or motivation in reading an aura. Just like when driving a car or playing BINGO.

With energetic literacy, your motivations and interests will cause one person to interest you rather than another. It can really be that simple.

David.. says:

On mass hysteria, astral littering may build up a substrate where an event becomes a catalyst (to use chemistry terms) for irrational behavior.

But there are other dynamics at play. A number of studies suggest that it’s not the financial markets that create the public mood but rather the mood that moves the markets. (as well as film themes, fashion trends, etc) Models like the Elliot Wave suggest the mood moves in predictable cycles and sub-cycles.

Ancient models suggest time itself moves in cycles of consciousness.

It also depends on if the person is caught in reactivity with their own Stuff and is thus more susceptible to catalysts. In other words, the mix of people present.

Maria says:

OPAL,

I must disagree with your Comment 14.
    I believe that TRUE morality goes beyond
    anything “subjective and contextual”.
    Is rape ever right?
    Moral relativism says so.

Everyone, thank you for a mature and
    food-for-thought discussion.
    Socrates is impressed! 😀

David.. says:

Morality is a tricky subject.
    On the one hand, we can say there are some rules that should never be broken, like the 10 Commandments. And there are some rules that are indeed relative. Go to a different culture, and it’s more so.

But even those first rules are not absolute. What of a soldier who must kill to overcome an enemy? This is the essence of the opening of the Bhagavad Gita (meaning Song of God) – when is it appropriate? What is actually absolute?

Or looked at another way – we have to kill to survive. We need live food. Every breath, and every step we take, we kill lifeforms. We can draw a line about which kinds of lifeforms we consume, but that is relative also.

In essence it comes down to the simple fact that the world of expression is relative. No rules or codes are 100% absolute. But they can serve as active principles, guides for life.

Morgan says:

Why isn’t the golden rule applicable for defining the ethical standard? Do unto others as you would want done to you…or some slightly modified version, “do to others as they would want done to themselves but not to the extent of violating one’s own sense of right (?). I think the system of karma is brilliant in implementing a universal standard of ethical behavior (with the exception that karmic paybacks can come back at an unknown time and the person can’t remember how it relates to his/her own behavior. That’s my only grudge against God…that I’m paying back karma in a lifetime I don’t remember how I earned it and so just provokes me to anger and resentment.

Morgan says:

Rose – can gossip be an addictive behavior that needs professional energy cleaning skill to get rid of? Is this a type of coding that needs to be vibrationally reset? It sure feels like a deeply ingrain (involuntary) habit.
    Also, I would appreciate more examples (for through definition) of gossip as I didn’t recognize it in the blog comments. What’s the difference between gossip and speculation? When it is a negative/hurtful prediction?

Zelda says:

Here’s a thought I’d like to raise about gossip.

American politics has become so divisive and downright cruel and insane. I’m on a self-imposed news fast, only peeking to scan the headlines to see if anything major has happened.

The latest spin on the POW who just got released is truly nasty.

Zelda says:

There are plenty of major issues in our country that could sure use a dose of ingenuity and compassion directed at them to create uplifting solutions.

Zelda says:

Here’s my thing about gossip.

Does anyone stop to think…

A… how it would feel to be on the receiving end of the nasty gossip celebrities deal with every day?

B. ….what the things are in one’s own life that are not being addressed while the time suck of gossiping about other people takes priority?

C….. and what the things are in our country that people ignore right and left, not speaking up about(how about those monthly mass shootings)?

Zelda says:

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not likely to personally influence those in our government whose words and behavior I find particularly nasty and heartless.

But what I can do is not fan those flames in my own life. And, for me, that means not diving into someone else’s life and jumping to all kinds of conclusions about them based on someone else’s superficial view of them.

Beautifully put, ZELDA.

DAVID and MARIA, thank you for your contributions, too.

It’s important to think about ethics sometimes. As we continue to evolve, our standards can change, for sure.

MORGAN, I would agree that the need to gossip can be related to STUFF. If someone just can’t “Get a life” outside of celebrity gossip, that would make a fine reason to seek out a session of Energy Spirituality Energy HEALING, or another healing modality that seemed preferable to the person.

An intention one might bring to that sort of session could be, “To take more interest in my (own) life.”

David.. says:

It’s also worth noting that someone who is ego-identified (most) has an innate need to be right. This is simply because the mind-construct of a me is a set of concepts. (In Rose’s terms Thought Forms) To see through one of these core concepts is a threat to our me-sense and is thus avoided. This is not overtly obvious to someone who is ego-identified because they’re in the middle of it. But the ego is very careful about not being seen as it knows it will then fall apart.

For some as they get close to awakening, there can be moments of insight that cause the ego to start avoidance maneuvers, like creating internal dramas. Ego fighting with itself to distract from being seen.

David.. says:

Prior, the need to be right creates the tendency to make other wrong. A lot of pointless conflict is motivated by this attempt at self-confirmation. It’s why the news so often caters to what’s wrong and who’s to blame. It helps the ego feel right, superior, even rational.

It also relates to the driver of gossip, making others wrong or bad in some way.

Oddly its just a kind of self-delusion. Such a difference when that fog is seen through.

Jeanne says:

David, love, love, love your comment 42. “The need to be right creates the tendency to make others wrong. A lot of pointless conflict is motivated by this attempt at self-confirmation.”

I’ve been noticing this dynamic a lot lately. Especially in the workplace. This behavior is rampant among lawyers. Myself included! When I catch myself, I stop, back off, and focus on objective reality. That is amazingly effective at defusing conflict. I’m no longer invested in being right — or avoiding being wrong. It feels effortless. And often brings insight and makes me more effective. Who knew it could be that easy!

You’ve articulated this dynamic so well. Like a brilliant flash. Thank you.

JEANNE, I agree. ‘Twas another DAVID Truth Zinger.

Zelda says:

DAVID, I really liked your comments, also.

The flash gave me insight into the dynamics of interactions with a few people who strongly identify with certain New Age concepts of reality.

When I was in the throes of dealing with a health issue, my cousin kept telling me to just meditate. “Leave the worldly world and go to a different place…blah..blah..blah..”

After hearing this a few times, I told her to stop telling me to meditate. That it’s NOT what I need to do more of right now.

Haven’t heard a word from her since.

I wasn’t terribly surprised to not hear from her, but was still baffled on some level. There’s a particular kind of intuition I’ve been aware of for a long time. With certain people, I can sense that if I disagree with them, that will basically be the end of the relationship.

Something about the way you articulated those comments helped me understand the dynamic that was, till now, still baffling me.

Hi, Blog-Buddies. Reporting here from the hotel where we are doing the Cut Cords of Attachment Workshop (Level 1).

Such a magnificent group of smart, talented,kind individuals!

What stands out from our morning meeting, for me, is how important it is for Rosetree Energy Spirituality… to keep placing the emphasis squarely/roundly/triangularly etc. on human experiences.

I hope each of you Blog-Buddies is having a thoroughly human day today!

Amanda says:

This is such a fascinating topic.

I learn a lot from other people’s way of relating to the world, especially as they can provide a whole new perspective for me.

On the whole, I’m most interested in people who one way or another help me along through their auric modelling.

When it comes to gossip, it’s a grey area and tends to be knee-jerk frowned upon without perhaps much consideration.

Discussing one’s friends or a celebrity can be a form of caring for and loving them – involvement in their joys and sorrows is such a wonderful part of being human!

When it becomes about criticism.. as David says, that’s just a form of right/wrong STUFF that comes on top of a discussion.

Without a right/wrong defensive response in the gossipee (if there is such a word!), being gossiped about wouldn’t be a problem.

I genuinely can’t see a problem, except the problem of various defensive ‘I’ statements creating conflicts with one another out of a mistaken sense of selfhood.

Each attitude somes out of a sense of fragmented isolation, which is to my mind unnecessary.

With that, I tend to not worry about protecting anyone’s feelings.. which probably makes all of them cross with me!

🙂

Amanda

Amanda says:

Jeanne,

Shh.. your livelihood depends on these mistaken identities!

😀

Amanda

David.. says:

For anyone wanting to know more on this subject, I was just reading Rose’s Power of Command book on Psychic Coercion. That adds a whole other layer to understanding the subject, taking it deeper than just superficial astral littering.

Wow, is our culture full of it.

David.. says:

Funny how should and must are more subtle and subconscious than right or wrong. And how often moral and ethical statements (and advertising) are full of that, but often unstated.

Rose tells the great story about “I know all of you ladies have been thinking about…”

No should or must statement but if we’re feeling even slightly vulnerable, it lands. Maybe without our even hearing the ad consciously…

Amanda says:

David, you have reminded me of a curtain shop window in my local town.

It says in large letters, “We’re all guilty of it. We leave our curtains, then look at them and feel guilty that we haven’t changed them.”

Every time I pass that shop I feel astonished that anyone would have thought it was a great marketing tactic!

🙂

Amanda

Amanda says:

I have really enjoyed feeling my way through this issue.

I remember a few years ago when I was almost completely ‘now’ focused, I saw pretty much any form of gossip as an attempt to leave the true centre of our experience and get involved in the circumstances and stories of our lives.

I was rather dull company 🙂

Now I see involvement in other people’s lives as a great opportunity to learn.. Though so much of human interaction consists of attitudinal defense, conflict and ingenious methods to hold ourselves off from actually loving the people in front of us.

Amanda

Amanda says:

David, on your comment 50, yes. But morals are surely relative? Our ideas of right and wrong go in and out of fashion and anyone in an attitude of ‘right’ is also basically having a fight. I am beginning to see right and wrong statements as simply a greater statement of opinion – which one way or another we develop loyalty to and thus create ourselves an attitude.

Each attitude again taking us out of what, here and now in front of us, is there to love, and away from peace.

Amanda

AMANDA, how I laughed when reading your Comment 52. Thanks for the wisdom in all your latest comments (wise and refreshing, as usual).

"Hilda" says:

Maybe aura reading isn’t gossip but I think it is pretty judgmental. What do you have to say to that?

There is a very big difference between discernment and finding out the truth about someone versus being judgmental.

Glee, for instance.

Glee is a factor in judgmental behavior.

To tell the truth as it is? That isn’t being judgmental.

You can find many aura readers who preach sweetness and light, and come from the “Stay positive” school of belief.

That’s easier to read about, for sure. Yum, all that sweetness! So that type of information may provide great upliftment. As a result, you might feel inspired and resolve to be lovely to everyone, all the time.

Aura reading can be much more useful than that, however. Energetic literacy can make you better adapted to supporting your human life.

If GLADYS treats you badly and you would like to know more about what makes her tick, please, read her aura (or find an expert aura reader to help you) in order to learn more about the truth.

Resolving to be lovely to GLADYS may not be such a great idea, actually.

After reading her aura, you still might wind up treating GLADYS with sweetness and civility, yet inwardly be aware why you feel about her as you do. Which would be a way of treating yourself with sweetness and civility. 😉

Morgan says:

Wow! Re-read this post a few years later and it still impresses me 🙂

How sweet, MORGAN! Thank you.

I know I haven’t been creating new posts, or completing the Sweet Swap — a pretty long hiatus for me, given my usual participation in this blog. But there’s been so much to do, between giving a brand new workshop all weekend; giving sessions to out-of-towners after the session, and unpacking the workshop itself (unplacking in every sense.)

This is a great time to search on your favorite topics and explore our thousands of previous blog posts.

Or just go to posts you’ve already read and read comments by yourself and others. if you search on your name (MORGAN) see how many articles come up. 🙂