Vocal Changes as I Evolve on My Path to Enlightenment. A Guest Post by ZELDA

Hey, can anybody hear how my voice has changed?

Hey, can anybody hear how my voice has changed?

Do you find that your voice changes as you evolve? If not, maybe you just haven’t been paying attention.

The topic came up in discussing Why virtual reincarnation might matter more to you than spiritual awakening or, even Enlightenment. Part One. Starting with Comment 43, you can find ideas to illuminate your experience. Part of our usual lively discussion as we explore human-based spirituality, a.k.a. Moving forward rapidly on your personal path to Enlightenment.

A special reminder to you readers who usually skip the comments at this blog: If you give our comments a chance, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. This online community shares some terrific interactions. There’s civility along with the intelligence. Also, since this is an educational blog, you’ll find a progression, a rhythm to the interactions. Fascinating discussions follow most articles, so check out those comments.

Today’s Guest Post began as one of those comments, actually. Virtual Reincarnation IS relatively unusual. Yet significant changes from rapid spiritual evolution?

That’s not unusual at all, especially for you Blog-Buddies. If it should happen to you, don’t be surprised if your voice changes along with so much else. Keep reading to learn how this happened to ZELDA.

Vocal Changes as I Have Evolved on My Personal Path

About changes in the voice…I have certainly noticed this in myself as I’ve evolved, in particular during the past four years of rapid evolution since changing my name with Name Alignment Aura Reading Research.

In my line of work, I’ve made many short recordings of exercises for my students and comments on their recorded homework assignments.

Recently, I was updating my collection of recordings and was struck by the difference in my voice when I read a particular speech sample paragraph from three or four years ago. My voice sounded so different compared to one version of that sample paragraph that I just recorded.

In fact, I felt the need to make several new recordings because I like my voice much more now!

More vocal changes beyond the voice itself

I’m actually aware of changes over time in the way I talk. After going through the big challenges of the past year, I hear more calmness in my speech, and I think I often speak a bit more slowly.

I’ve sensed those changes, too, as I became skilled as an empath. Rather than focusing on and matching the speed and intonation of others, as I unconsciously used to do, now I’m aware of a more measured way of speaking.

I’m not sure which empath gift it is – Intellectual Empath Ability, perhaps? – that relates to picking up the accent of those the empath is speaking with.

I’ve taught many students who’ve told me that their English ability and accent tends to change depending on who they’re speaking to. They are aware of speaking much better when they have a lesson with me.

A bit different from virtual reincarnation voice changes, but still interesting.

I will add, too, that I like my voice now.

It’s common for students to say that they don’t like listening to their own voice when they first start making class recordings. I enjoy noticing the changes in my voice over time.

ZELDA, in response to this question:

“I’m not sure which empath gift it is – Intellectual Empath Ability, perhaps? – that relates to picking up the accent of those the empath is speaking with.”

I think the answer depends on the particular person, as would show in some aura reading research.

With you, for instance, I suspect a combination of Intellectual Empath Ability and having a great deal of Clairaudience in your personal gift set for Deeper Perception.

Someone else might have talent as a mimic, not be an empath at all.

Or a person, empath or not, might be very musical or Clairaudient, and not necessarily someone who plays around with being a mimic.

Or it could be a very talented, yet so-far unskilled, empath. One who has any talent(s) related to human beings, not necessarily Intellectual Empath Ability.

Kira says:

I have found changes in my singing voice over time. In my case, it seems to have been tied to my self-confidence and willingness to be open.

When I was in high school, my voice teacher told me I was singing within a 2-foot wall around myself. I found it very difficult to sing outside that wall until I became more comfortable with myself.

Kira says:

Speaking-voice-wise, I have very few recordings of myself. I have memories of trying to argue with my parents and noticing as they yelled back at me that I seemed to be talking pretty slowly by comparison, and noticing that made me uncomfortable. Either I’m not doing that any more, or I’m not noticing or caring about it any more. (I also hardly ever argue with my parents any more.)

Kira says:

But I also have had the opposite tendency to talk really fast in the hope that I could get all my ideas out before the other person stopped listening, and I don’t seem to do that so much any more either. That part probably more closely matches your experience, Zelda.

In addition, my voice seems lower. Since childhood, I’ve had the habit of getting higher and louder the more excited I get; I still get too loud on occasion, but rarely get as squeaky-voiced as I used to.

Kira says:

I think the latter two habits are at least partly due to having felt ignored, but I feel that the moderation of the habits is due to being more aware of my surroundings compared to what’s going on in my head.

I hope being more aware of my surroundings is due to gaining skill as an empath.

Maria says:

ROSE,

Is a shaman a Householder or a Renunciate?

KIRA, fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

MARIA, that depends on the particular shaman, including private aspects of practice that person is using.

Sometimes a website and other publications by the shaman can provide clues. Aura reading research provides more clues.

Maria says:

Thanks, ROSE!

I was also wondering if studying books and
    taking classes and watching films about the
    paranormal can “muck up” one’s aura and
    contribute to their Astral Debris?

Ella says:

Hi Rose,

I am a frequent follower of your blog and want to first of all thank you for your innovations in this immensely interesting field of energetic literacy.

I have been intrigued by the evolution of my own voice since actively beginning my own E process several years ago. As a matter of fact, I gage my progress based on upon shifts in my voice. As my present awareness deepens, my voice immediately reflects my inner restructuring.

Ella says:

oftentimes feel that I am my voice, and attempt to energetically speak with as much awareness, honesty and integrity as possible. For me, this means to always speak in a way that preserves my energetic alignment and to never allow my voice to “get away from me”, but to allow it to move from as fully an embodied state as possible. Its oftentimes described by others as soothing, soulful, and clear with no accent or dialect.

I could go on and on about this, but I will stop here. Thanks for voicing this topic ;-0

ELLA, you’re welcome. I appreciate the acknowledgement. This is a pioneering blog. It does seem to appeal to courageous, independent people who aren’t afraid to do something different from mainstream culture.

If I might offer a suggestion, based only on what you wrote in Comment 13 (not being in session with you and researching what actually happens with your aura)…

What you describe here sounds like Technique Time to me.

Any way of consciously monitoring your voice or behavior or energies counts as Technique Time.

Monitoring like this can actually slow down your “E process.”

If you really are interested in moving into Enlightenment, drop that technique like a hot potato.

Avoid any self-conscious monitoring of yourself.

Never manipulate your voice, or expression, or other spontaneous speech or action. And definitely refrain from assessing such things as “alignment” or “energy.”

What is a faster way to move forward on your path to Enlightenment? Use techniques during Technique Time or as the client of a practitioner who has skills at permanently moving out astral-level, subconscious STUFF. Then facilitating PUT-IN that expresses your soul.

No self-conscious monitoring does that. Get the word “Conscious” in there? It’s a clue.

Save assessing, monitoring, etc. for your clearly defined Technique Time.

Then you will evolve faster than ever!

Kira says:

Thanks, Rose, for comment #8. And you’re welcome!

Kira says:

So, as a singer and occasional actress, I have a question about Technique Time as it relates to monitoring one’s voice.

Consciously modulating one’s voice for specific effects is what singing is all about, and it’s important for acting as well.

Does this only count for Technique Time if you’re also monitoring energetic effects in your audience? Or does using the physical techniques without consciously attempting to change your or the audience’s auric modeling count as simply being human?

Kira says:

I’m in a competition barbershop chorus, and we spend a lot of time working on putting the proper emotions into the songs we sing. There are physical techniques that help, of course: raise your eyebrows, raise your cheeks, use *these* muscles to make *this* expression.

But the techniques that seem to work the best as far as getting the desired results are 1) asking us to find inside ourselves the emotions we’re trying to portray–i.e., think of the person (or pet) you love the most, for a love song–and 2) splitting the group so that we’re singing to each other and not just to the director and coach.

Well, Fascinating You, in response to your first question in Comment 20:

“Does this only count for Technique Time if you’re also monitoring energetic effects in your audience?”

Yes. If monitoring energetic effects on ANYONE, actually.

And regarding, “does using the physical techniques without consciously attempting to change your or the audience’s auric modeling count as simply being human?”

Only, as a teacher I’ll step in to say a more precise way to put it is “to change your or the audience’s ENERGIES.”

Auric modeling flows automatically. It would be a huge waste of time to attempt to manipulate it.

This blog article can be helpful for all of you who are trying to wrap your mind around the relatively sophisticated (and unknown) concept of auric modeling:

Kira says:

I’m now finding myself wondering what goes on aurically when we practice this way.

Our goal is to create emotions in the listeners, which I would guess is not the same thing as attempting to consciously change the listeners’ auras. But I’m asking because I don’t actually know.

Kira says:

Ah, you’re answering as I’m continuing my questions!

I guess I meant “attempting to consciously change the listeners’ energies.”

Kira says:

Weird, that was almost like a real-time conversation! Didn’t expect that.

David.. says:

Thanks, Zelda. I have no idea if my voice has changed. I trained as a broadcaster many years ago and later did some voice-over work in video and multimedia. While I digitized some of those old tapes a few years ago, I didn’t pay any attention to changes.

David.. says:

Kira – re: comment 21.
    That reminds me of the voice training I did. The one thing I struggled with. They called it the “smile”, a kind of upbeat salesman sound in the voice. It had nothing to do with a facial smile but was rather an inner psychology. Completely foreign to the unskilled empath wanting to unconsciously be invisible. (laughs)

Easy for me to do the mellow chat but I had a lot of trouble staying in salesman mode, important for new announcers.

Kira says:

David, we have the opposite requirement sometimes. If we were singing a sad song, or just a sad section of an overall happy song, we still would need to lift our cheeks. That adds to the resonance of our voices; the goal in barbershop singing is “ring”, when you get the notes and chords so resonant that you can hear overtones that are not actually being sung.

So in the case of sad songs, we need to move several facial muscles as if smiling (cheeks raised, for example) but also not look like we’re smiling.

Kira says:

That’s where being an empath gets in my way. I have all kinds of stored emotions I can call on, but when I do, I’m really feeling that emotion and I forget the mechanics of better sound.

KIRA, all this sharing is appreciated. Leaping in as an empath coach, please reconsider “That’s where being an empath gets in my way.”

With full and habitual skills as an empath, being an empath NEVER needs to get in your way.

Kira says:

And that’s why, Rose, I’m working my way thru The Empowered Empath.

I should add that I never got that last comment worded the way I wanted it, but I ran out of time to keep rewording it. I couldn’t find a brief description for the nuance I was trying to convey.

It isn’t that being an empath is currently getting in my way, it’s that I started acting a long time ago as an unskilled empath, so I developed acting habits based on unskilled empath merges. As far as I can tell, I’m not doing unskilled empath merges while singing, but when I summon up stored emotions, I still tend to get lost in them in a way similar to the way I used to get lost in what other people wanted from me (which is what I based my acting on).

I actually just learned at last night’s rehearsal a couple of techniques to help me pay more attention to the physical aspects.