MARIA’s question this morning is worth pondering for all of you who wish to move forward most rapidly on your path of personal development. She wrote:
“I was also wondering if studying books and taking classes and watching films about the paranormal can muck up ones aura and contribute to astral debris?”
MARIA is on to something important for her path to Enlightenment.
Imbalance results from doing more than 20 Daily Minutes of Technique Time. Some types of STUFF (emotional and energetic astral debris) can inadvertently be deposited through psychic, religious, and spiritual practices. Blog-Buddies, let me know if you’d like to see the short list.
Paranormal interests in particular can lead to dependency on The Romance of the Astral.
Taking classes is brilliant, only use discernment. Which class? Which method? Which teacher?
The same with books about personal development. These dont necessarily count as Technique Time. (Mine dont, for instance. Except for techniques, and they are clearly labeled as such, except in Let Today Be a Holiday. However, this is a daybook, and you only do one or two pages per day, so it’s very workable as Technique Time.)
Does this book produce real results? Or is it recreation, like reading a romance novel?
Binge-reading romance novels won’t muck up your aura. But the same can’t be said for binge-reading books that seduce you with The Romance of the Astral.
To protect yourself, ask this question
Does this book (or class or film or practice) help me to move forward with human-based spirituality?
Sure, the claim will be “Yes.”
This is where to step up as a New Age Consumer. Use discernment. Ask yourself:
“Really? Or will I only move forward within this Movement?
Surely the best test of personal development is whether you can have a life outside of the self-improvement group.
A reality check can’t hurt
For even more smarts as a New Age Consumer, design your own commonsense reality check and use it.
- Check out long-time members of the group. Do they seem very similar to each other? (Cults are never labeled, you know.)
- For a blog, read comments online. Do folks who comment seem thoughtful or arrogant, questioning or dogmatic?
- Of course, what is really superb for any consumer is to read the aura of the group leader or author. You might even do Soul Thrill Aura Reading Research, or have an expert do it for you during a personal session of Rosetree Energy Spirituality.
Do the math
Does this resource for personal development add to your human life, or does it really subtract?
Much of the paranormal culture, and Hay House-type New Age activities, can foster dependence on the astral.
Does this alleged resource for self-improvement really make human life better?
Many a well-packaged resource for personal development mostly fans the flames of desire to:
- Know the inside answers because regular life is, supposedly, bad
- Receive information that will make you superior to others.
- Escape human life into a rainbow-filled fantasy land, cake icing sweet.
Finally for you, MARIA, and others who are still sorting out your lifestyle for human-based spirituality, I recommend this eloquent article for follow-up: