Empath Discovery. Empath Empowerment®! A Guest Post by Christine.

Rose, waving at empaths and holding up a practical resource for empaths

Empath Discovery — that’s what Rose helps you to get. Productive discoveries, one after another.

Empath Discovery. It was a big discovery for Christine when she encountered the system of Empath Empowerment. Finally, an approach that worked!

When she wrote her first guest post here, she knocked it out of the park. (Gee, this home run talk may be the first time I have ever used a sports analogy!)

Today here’s her second guest post.  Blind Empath Coaching was her first. Big thanks, CHRISTINE. May your wisdom and honesty and common sense about being an empath help to inspire others.

Empath Discovery Deepening

I am in the middle of reading The Empowered Empath.

I have read just about everything online about Highly Sensitive Persons (HSPs) and Empaths — and just ended up more confused and frustrated.

I joined all these groups and pages on Facebook and decided to leave them because I haven’t learned a thing from them.

Some are saying everyone is an empath and others say differently.

I think if every empath was skilled, this world would be a better place.

Empath Discovery! Resources for Empath Empowerment.

I love your website and blog. I resonate with your blog posts on empaths. I would like to see more on empaths.

Some of these people on Facebook are feeding people their own beliefs and making it more confusing for the ones awakening.

Trying to find the truth and ending up aggravated and frustrated… it makes me want to turn my back on all of this.

Empath Discovery. The Role of Choice.

If you were born an empath, you can’t opt out. How do I know this? I tried.

You see, I did turn my back on being an empath for a while. And now am starting to come out again. Aiming to find out what is the real truth in all of this.

Love your book and can’t wait to read the second one. Thank you so much for all the info you put out there. It is extremely helpful and much appreciated!

Skilled empaths, do you have any advice or encouragement for CHRISTINE?

Renee says:

Christine, I am so happy for you that you have discovered this blog and entire site and esp Rose Rosetree. Unfortunately you cannot “turn your back on being an empath” it’s who you are. Without the skills that enable you to “turn off” your Empath gifts you can suffer needlessly. If and when you decide to learn how to “turn off” your empath gifts you will be better able to just be Christine without taking on all kinds of “stuff” from other people without realizing it. Congratulations I hope you stay and join the many other now Skilled Empaths who get to be themselves and use their gifts to help others instead of suffering.

I’m glad you found the Empowered Empath, Christine. Doing the excercises in Become the Most Important Person in the Room is going to be a revelation for you. Look forward to your outer life becoming a whole lot clearer, easier and less confusing, and your inner life becoming a whole lot richer.

Big shout-out about learning something new.

CHRISTINE, you aren’t the only one who gets to learn new things, nor you KYLIE and RENEE. (Thanks to both of you for your comments here.)

My latest learning is about typesetting with InDesign CS6. This is the desktop publishing software that I am using for “The Empowered Empath” and “The Master Empath” and — Did I mention that this was a’coming? — a “Quick & Easy” abridged version of that first of the trio. It will be called “The Empowered Empath: Quick & Easy” — plus all of the subtitle:

Owning, Embracing, and Managing Your Special Gifts

You see, for years I have been typesetting my self-published books. Learning PageMaker took me six months where the main deal happening in my life, frankly, was sobbing.

This was a tough learning for me. Nonetheless I slogged through all the frustration and seemingly endless hours until I gained a fair amount of skill with PageMaker.

Unfortunately Adobe had bigger plans than I did, and replaced PageMaker with InDesign.

Years ago, I began to use InDesign. Melanie Matheson, my beloved cover designer and interior book designer, helped me to get set up and somehow I made it through a couple of books.

It was misery, though. Time intensive, with skill lacking.

I tried coaching with a consultant, plus trying to upgrade my skills with video courses.

Still horrible.

Then I took a community college course in InDesign. Infuriating!

The teacher wasn’t a good fit for me; her three-session course was nearly useless.

What was the one good thing that came of it all, though? I felt intensely disgusted at studying with this teacher, Gladys. The last night I came home so furious, this somehow burned away much of my fear of using technology.

My conscious thought was, “If that annoying Gladys can use technology, by gum, I can learn to use it too. And I will.”

So then I stopped being scared of technology. Thank you, Gladys. (Laughing.) That expensive adult ed course really was worth every dollar!

For the last couple of years, I have made progress in many ways, using technology. Like not being scared to use my little flip-phone. (Occasionally.)

Or after owning my iPad for about a year finally starting to learn how to take photos. (LOL)

Fast forward to publishing this trio of new books for empaths. I hired Peri Gabriel for the cover design, then for the interior design.

I hired her for the typesetting, too, since I didn’t trust my level of competence to do the typesetting.

Last week, plugging away at my edits, I trimmed off one page. This totally messed up many of the subsequent chapter starts, a big problem when a book has dozens of short chapters.

When I asked Peri if she would coach me, I didn’t know if she would be willing, as our relationship is still quite new. This was definitely asking a big favor.

Billable hours at typesetting are definitely not the same thing as talking someone off the ledge of a typesetting skyscraper. 😉

Thankfully Peri did help. She spent an hour with me on the phone and taught me so much.

Within 24 hours, I was doing InDesign pretty darned well.

It has become such a delight, for the last three days it has been the most extraordinary feeling. Like being a kid who finally learned how to read.

I can’t wait to work on this now. I don’t want to take breaks. The joy is HUGE.

So, getting back to you, CHRISTINE, keep learning the skills of Empath Empowerment. It’s like learning InDesign. Only way, way easier.

Kira says:

Rose, I never learned InDesign (or QuarkXPress, its main competitor) because they’re too expensive for a hobbyist. But I have used page layout software called PagePlus for countless years now, and somewhere along the way I stopped using word processors at all because it’s just so much easier to play with text in a page layout program. So I can totally relate!

Kira says:

Christine, I had a different empath path than you, but The Empowered Empath made a big difference for me as well. It’s good to hear your enthusiasm.

David.. says:

Yeah – Way easier, Rose.
    Funny – your InDesign story also points to another aspect of being an empath. Having an innate ability makes it appear typical. Then we’re surprised by others who don’t “get it”. That can be one of the things that leads us to try and suppress it as kids when people react to that.

For me, software is easy. It annoys sometimes when it acts up or is not logically structured. And it surprises me when people struggle like you describe. I sense the resistance and assume that’s all it is. But after reading Become, it’s clear theres another layer to it. 😉

Like when I realized i couldn’t teach my server management technique to staff. It was inate, not procedural.

David.. says:

I can sure relate, Christine. Even last night I was at a talk. They had bunched all the clairs and knowledge gifts together as “psychic gifts”, leaving empath gifts out completely. (perhaps that was a good thing) They said everyone has psychic gifts.

I talked to them after a little about a better way to categorize them but that didn’t land. I did however manage to mention Rose to several people, one of whom was very frustrated with not knowing how to get skilled with their gifts.

David.. says:

If you’re interested, I did share some about my surprises when reading Rose’s book in this article:

Zelda says:

Congratulations, Christine, for finding your way to Rose and her work!

It really is the Wild West out there these days, in terms of New Age-y, empath, and energy-related themes. Meaning that there are loads of people out there hanging shingles and proclaiming to be experts with “the” way to deal with whatever.

With Rose, you’ve hit the Gold Standard and I encourage you to dig into her books and work in general. She and her work are head and shoulders above the rest, IMHO.

Zelda says:

David, your mechanical empath comments made me smile and reminded me of our past comments on that theme.

I can relate to that sense of ease in dealing with software and hadn’t realized initially that it was so much different for others.

I just came across a wonderful, sweet article in the NY Times written by a woman whose 13-year-old autistic son has bonded in an amazing way with Siri, of iPhone fame.

I’d hazard a guess that the boy is a mechanical empath.

Why does he take his iPhone with him on visits to the Apple store? So it can visit its friends! 🙂

Eric says:

Hi, I recently reconnected with my Biological mother, who seems o think i am an Empath like her, im more of a logical thinker but i feel like i know inside that i am an empath i just want to refuse to believe it because the logical side of me is telling me not to believe in this kind of stuff. I need help controlling this. Its overwhelming.

ERIC, congratulations on reconnecting with your biological mother.

And thank you for reaching out here.

It is a wonderful thing to be an empath, when you have skills. Yet, since I wrote the first book in this field, there has been a lot of ridiculous talk about what it means to be an empath. No wonder you feel overwhelmed.

At this blog
    , and my Empath Empowerment Skills Group on Facebook, you will find a more sensible perspective.

Given what you wrote, ERIC, I would recommend this one of my books to get skills:

“Become The Most Important Person in the Room: Your 30-Day Plan for Empath Empowerment.”

That link will put you onto the detail page for the book at my website, where you can browse and also find a tollfree number for ordering it, plus links for getting your own copy as a paperback or eBook.

Of course I don’t know what you have been told about being an empath, but if it has caused you to feel overwelmed…

Take what you were told about being an empath with a raised eyebrow. Consider the source. How much does that person really know? Does that person even know that you can develop a simple set of skills, and that makes all the difference?

Have you been told that being an empath means you must believe things that make you uncomfortable? Or that empath = psychic?

Again, just plain ridiculous… at least to this Empath Coach.

ERIC, you certainly don’t have to believe things, or fear things, just because you’re an empath. 1 in 20 people is an empath. “Empath” does not have to mean “weird.”

The $15 paperback I recommended can make a huge difference, and here is a link about how to get the most from the book. Practical emphasis, you’ll notice.

Eric says:

See, and the fact that your post was made trying to sell me a 15$ book, Now i just think your trying to make money off of someone in my fragile state of mind.

Logic. I can’t turn it off. Even if I am an Empath, my logical thinking process will just stand in my way, which leaves me constantly questioning my sanity.

I have people telling me its Satan n shit… same wierd stuff, but just as wierd as being psychic/empathic.

Emily says:

Hi Eric,

Perhaps you can order Rose’s book from your local library? I’m in the U.K. and they wouldn’t request it for me since it would shipping from America. I bought the book myself (in fact I own all of Rose’s books!). I have also reviewed some of them at Amazon under my old name (starts with Amy Laura…).

Emily says:

But if I could just say… You are totally right. Life IS weird! So much stuff in life is weird. And right now with so much drama in our politics and so much new technology in our everyday lives everything can seem overwhelming. Hope you find something that helps to make sense of things soon!

Joanne says:

Eric, you have a lot of nerve. You come over to this blog and reach out. Rose takes the time to give you 4 comments. She is a world-renowned teacher and leader.

She took that time for you. You don’t value it. You disrespect it. You don’t get the point. You bring up Satan? And then you go on to criticize her? Shame on you.