“Coming out the first time was hard enough,” JOE told me. “It was hard, telling my friends that I am an empath. It was awkward, and some of them just didn’t understand.”
Blog-Buddies, I don’t think I have ever written before on this topic. Let’s consider it now.
Is it necessary to “Come out” as an Empath?
Of course not. One in 20 people has been born as an empath. What does it mean, being an empath?
- A. That you’re hopelessly weird and freaky.
- B. That you have a sort of sensitivity disability, so now you require either special pampering or pity?
- C. That you have at least one significant gift for directly experiencing what it is like to be another person.
Many folks have heard of Highly Sensitive Persons (HSPs) but have not yet heard that there are also Highly, Highly Sensitive Persons, and we are empaths.
Well, hello! That’s all it is, a form of Highly Sensitive Person.
So Answer C. is correct. Okay, there’s just a bit more. Unskilled empaths suffer. All unskilled empaths suffer.
However, it is possible for any empath to learn skills of Empath Empowerment (For details, see the end of today’s article.)
Becoming a skilled empath isn’t difficult, although it takes a bit of time to get in the groove. As a skilled empath, your quality of life improves a lot.
When is it important to come out?
If you are LGBTQ, it may be very important for you to let others know about your sexual orientation and gender identy.
I’d say, it’s probably very important. Because what happens otherwise?
There you are, walking around in that male or female body. Before coming out, you are presumed heterosexual. Why not let people know, at least those people who think they know basics about you like your gender identity and sexual orientation?
Being an empath isn’t like that at all. How much sensitivity you have in life… is nobody else’s business. Probably nobody is presuming anything about how sensitive you are, or what kind, right?
What DO you need as an empath?
Empathic gifts don’t make you a special-needs person. And no amount of “Support group for empaths” or “Coping strategies and tips for empaths” will make a lasting difference, other than misery loves company-type consolation. (Or the fun of busywork.)
An empath who has developed those skills has the habit of positioning consciousness in a certain way. Automatically your empath gifts are turned OFF.
Progressing as a more advanced, skilled empath, you can learn how to use one or more techniques for Skilled Empath Merge. Then you can included that amazing way of depth learning about other people in your daily Technique Time.
(Blog-Buddies, you may know that I recommend a maximum of 20 Daily Minutes of Technique time for anyone, empath or not. It helps you to live the consciousness lifestyle of human-based spirituality, moving forward rapidly on you personal path to Enlightenment.)
For a lot of knowledge, free and reliable and fast, visit our Empath Empowerment and Empathy, Top 10 List
What to tell people if you wish to tell them that you are an empath
If you do feel it is important to make an announcement, you might adapt the language that follows:
Because we’re friends, I thought you might want to know that I have learned something about myself lately. You may have noticed that I am really sensitive. Well, it turns out that I am extremely sensitive and have talent as an empath. Being an empath isn’t weird. It just means you have at least one lifelong gift for directly experiencing what it is like to be someone else. About 1 in 20 people was born as an empath.
Right now I am learning to develop empath skills, a skill set called Empath Empowerment. I’m expecting that this will give me a stronger sense of who I am as a person and help me to grow as a person.
How can you become a skilled empath?
The system of Empath Empowerment(R) can get you there.
Learn it from:
- Become The Most Important Person in the Room, a how-to available as either a paperback or an ebook.
- The Empowered Empath: Owning, Embracing and Managing Your Special Gifts So far this how-to is available as an empath’s ebook only, which you can either read on a Nook or download it, via free software, onto your empath-friendly Windows PC, Mac, or smartphone. For now, this is book available only within the U.S. I’m doing all I can to get more publication options working.
- The Empowered Empath: Quick & Easy is an even easier book to use. This how-to for empaths is about half as long as the regular edition of The Empowered Empath. Again, I aim to make it available very soon as an ebook and then a paperback, plus an ebook that you can purchase to read in all the major format.
Once you have gained basic Empath Empowerment skills, you can enhance them with…
The Master Empath: Turning on Your Empath Gifts at Will — in Love, Business and Friendship. (Includes Training in Skilled Empath Merge.) (And does it ever!)
Currently this, too, is available as an empath’s ebook only, which you can either read on a Nook or download it, via free software, onto your empath-friendly Windows PC, Mac, or smartphone. For now, this is book available only within the U.S. I’m doing all I can to get more publication options working.
- Blog-Buddies, you can also study directly with me to gain Empath Empowerment, either one 55-minute session of personal mentoring at a time or a reduced tuition “Day of Mentoring.” Each option works equally well by phone, webcam conference, or in person. Take your pick.