Face Reading Changes of Renée Zellweger, Part One

Face reading to solve mysteries about what in Renee Zellweger's face really changed

Face reading to solve mysteries about what about Renee Zellweger’s face really changed

Actress Renée Zellweger recently shocked her fans with a new look. A very new look. As ZELDA wrote in Comment 5 in a post about solving mysteries with face reading: “Something about it is so strange, much more so than other striking instances of plastic surgery. And I never really care about celebrity Botox, etc. Where did Renée go?” Imagine, cosmetic surgery might have been involved in Renée’s new look!

Actually, cosmetic surgery might have been involved many years ago in a shocking way that never made the gossip headlines, although (to me) it is one of the most extreme facial changes I have seen since turning pro as a physiognomist in 1986.

Hey, let’s read some faces.  Renée faces.

What is the biggest shocker about face reading and Renée Zellweger?

Check out the following series of photographs and see if you can figure it out. From a physiognomy standpoint, what is the really big change? Blog-Buddies, you’ll need to open links here. None of the pictures used for our face reading mystery-solving happens to be in the public domain, and I am selective that way about using photographs at this blog.

Renée in 2014, with her very, very different new look

Renée in 2002, at the height of her fame

Renée when she became famous in “Jerry Maguire” in 1996

What Changed? Here’s a Hint.

Check out cheek proportions.

In each photograph, where is the widest part of Renée Zellweger’s face? Also check out side-to-side differences.

Does the left cheek look the same as the right cheek? (To see the face data, it can help to use a blank sheet of paper to cover up one side of the screen at a time.)

Of course, you can learn a great deal about Face Reading Secrets(R) from these how-to books: The NEW Power of Face Reading (available in paperback and also a face reader’s ebook) Read People Deeper.

Yes, let’s draw out the mystery a bit, Blog-Buddies, and make this an educational experience for all you budding physiognomists.

The more you know about how to read faces for character, the more you will can benefit from the power of face reading.

Kira says:

I just saw something about Renee Zellweger’s face yesterday and instantly wondered if you were going to do a comparative face reading. Glad to see you are! 🙂

Elaine says:

Rose, just so you know the 1996 DVD Beaver link isn’t working, looks like it has 2 URL’s linked to it. Here’s the link. http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews40/jerry%20maguire%20blu-ray/large/large%20jerry%20macguire%20blu-ray1.jpg and here’s the one for the 2002 that isn’t showing up. http://www.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2003/08/17164470-17164472-large.jpg

Elaine says:

All three pictures look like three different women.

From 1996 to 2002 her cheeks (apple cheeks) are more filled out and then 2014 there’s an extreme (very) fill out in her cheeks.

Even the tip of her nose looks different with the 2014 looking broader.

From 1996 to 2002 her nose bridge looks thinner, but then in 2014 it looks more like her nose bridge in 1996 which was a bit fuller.

The shape of her eyes looks quite different in all 3 pictures.

In 1996 there seems also to be more skin showing under her eyebrows/upper lid than in the later pictures.

A Somewhat Confused Zellweger Fan says:

Thanks, Rose, I am so glad you are doing this one. So many people get plastic surgery but this instance– and I am not sure why– I found especially disturbing.

A Somewhat Confused Zellweger Fan says:

OK…looking at the 3 photos from 3 different periods of her life, it seems to me that the main changes are:

1. The eyebrows (flat and well-defined, then arched and defined, then flat again and blurry-looking)

2. The upper eyelids (normal, then puffy, then opened/ tightened up)

A Somewhat Confused Zellweger Fan says:

3. The nose tip seems to have grown a little longer over the years

A Somewhat Confused Zellweger Fan says:

I am guessing that the reason I find her new look so disturbing is that both the eyes and the eyebrows changed, which seems makes her face look not so much improved but a face belonging to completely different person.

A Somewhat Confused Zellweger Fan says:

Also, her forehead looks frozen, without expression, an odd color, and oddly shiny.

It’s like something died in her face. But I am not sure I understand what it is.

Zelda says:

I saw changes along the lines of what’s already been described. These are also what I remember reading in an article in which various plastic surgeons weighed in on what work they thought she’d had done.

Zelda says:

Through my job, I’ve had the opportunity to learn a lot about how animated movies are made. Animators learn about a concept called “the uncanny valley.”

I mention this concept because I couldn’t help but think of it when I first saw Renee Zellweger’s latest face.

Zelda says:

The concept was discovered back in the 70’s, I believe, in conjunction with research on robotics.

It was discovered that as robots (or animated characters in movies) looked more and more like humans, the likability of the creature increased.

But just before the being looked exactly like a real human being, there is this point at which a sort of revulsion gets triggered in people seeing it. A sort of is it or is it not like me? Or, in this case….like Renee!

Zelda says:

A great example of this is in the movie, “The Polar Express.” The people in the movie are animated, but supposed to look like humans. To many people, they are actually rather creepy looking!

This may seem totally out there, but I think there’s a bit of that going on with the strong reactions people have had to these changes in Zellweger’s face.

Besides the fact that she’s choosing to say that it’s all been about healthy living.

When I see her face, I think, “That is NOT Renee Zellweger! Who is it??”

Eager to read the readings, Rose.

Angie says:

It feels like her maxillary has been reworked, the shape of her face totally changed from being full and cheeky to being carved and hollow. Ditto regarding the eyebrows, it almost feels shocking and indeed, the eyes look like they belong to someone totally different…

I can’t explain why but there is definitely something *very* creepy about this change… it’s like all the goodness and the generosity has gone from her face !

Angie says:

Really getting the feeling it is also making her look sooooo much older…

Been here and there reading and it seems she is a “hollywood” victim in a sense : she’s received a lot of criticism for the way her eyes looked, no wonder after a while she tries to correct that to move beyond those criticisms, not sure though it really worked, seeing how people are talking about her surgery now.

It does feel like a part of her soul has left her (face) though… from so much character and personality, it seems she feels more “discreet”, it’s like her inner light has been dimmed or she totally became somebody else.

Ashley S says:

I think she just had her eyelids done. They were very heavy before and now they look like they aren’t possibly interfering with her vision anymore, but I suck at this.

Thanks, everyone, for your comments so far.

ASHLEY S., I just have to say how delighted I am to see a comment from you at this blog.

And everyone “sucks” at things when they start out. It’s called “Being a beginner.” And the only way we can develop skill.

So THANK YOU for commenting here.

CarolCat says:

I’ve been intrigued by Renee Z’s face since she was seen last week looking very different from before. But these shots of her with little or no makeup taken the other day have her looking a lot more like her old self. I think the fullness of her lips have changed quite a bit though. http://www.etonline.com/news/153133_renee_zellweger_steps_out_looking_more_like_renee_zellweger/

CAROLCAT, thank you so much for sharing your perspective.

Here’s a challenge to the rest of you face readers. How about opening up that link supplied in Comment 18.

Compare that photo to any of the three in the main post. Do you agree that the only change is a bit of difference to the fullness of Renee’s lips?

Part of the fun of physiognomy is developing a face reader’s eye.

A Somewhat Confused Zellweger Fan says:

Hi Rose, Well I went and did my homework and reread the chapter in your face reading book about the eyes. Seems to me that there are several major changes around the eyes, but one that I wouldn’t have noted without your book is that on the right eye, relating to career, in both later pictures, the wariness index has increased to extreme. (Which seems to me quite understandable!)

You can manage the subscriptions of this post.