Face Reading David Sedaris, Concluded

More face reading of one of my favorite writers, David Sedaris

More face reading of one of my favorite writers, David Sedaris

Mysteries of the face continue to be explored, for us consciousness explorers who are face readers. And if you’re a fan of David Sedaris, that’s so great because the man throws out a Facade Body that practically makes your eyes turn away. (Has he been playing with Patanjali’s invisibility sutra or what?)

Yet an intrepid face reader like you are me can still find the mysteries, undetered by appearances. Ironic, I know.

That’s what physiognomy does for a person, however. Through seeing the face clearly and interpreting the data compassionately, you do see beyond appearances.

This face reading photo of David Sedaris from 2014 is being used to explore the extremely unusual face of this one-of-a-kind writer. Well done with that Mark of Devotion, David.

Open that picture up and let’s read faces on this final weekend of November 2014. As always, let’s use the system of Face Reading Secrets(R).

BTW, you might wish to begin this face reading of David Sedaris by taking a look at yesterday’s post, Face reading The King of Quirky — and compassion — David Sedaris.

Face Reading Item #4. VERY Narrow Jaws

How to See It on David Sedaris

Look for the jawbone hinge, close to mouth level. (Jaws, chewing, mouth, all nearby — makes sense, right?) With narrow jaws, the distance is small.

Check out jaws on many adult faces to start developing your eye for this face reading category.

Gift of the Soul with this Face Reading Data

Early Detection Warning Signal for Conflict. Oh that lucky David Sedaris!

Yes, really. He’ll notice problems with his relationships faster than others would in his same position.

With this gift, David will be motivated to discuss the problem and solve it.

If he can’t solve it, he can re-jigger the relationship, like minimizing a window on your computer that you really must keep open for occasional use.

Potential Challenge

Too  finicky for comfort? Too finicky for others?

Being a satirist, relationship frustration can generate great writing. But at what personal cost?

Face Reading Item #5. Nose Bonus

How to See It on David Sedaris

A hanging columella: That’s what cosmetic surgons call it. But, to this face reader, there’s nothing droopy about this wonderful nose tip characteristic.

Between and below the nostrils, there’s an extra bit of flesh. Most noses don’t have it. For instance, among other face reading candidates for blog posts this year:

Rose Rosetree, face reading John Lennon (at The Wax Museum)

Rose Rosetree, face reading John Lennon (at The Wax Museum)

Did John Lennon have a Nose Bonus? Nope, he had a Down-Angled Nose Tip. A topic for another time, perhaps.

Gift of the Soul with this Face Reading Data

Work must involve service — really helping people — for David Sedaris to stay interested.

Potential Challenge

Work must involve service — really helping people — for David Sedaris to stay interested?

Face Reading Item #6. The Biggest Mark of Devotion Ever

How to See It on David Sedaris

Find the forehead. Also find a photo where the lighting doesn’t make it hard to see David Sedaris’s forehead clearly.

So if you haven’t yet opened up the recommended picture for today’s post, give it a click.

A Mark of Devotion is a vertical line that begins above the nose bridge and reaches up toward the center of the forehead.

Another famous guy who has developed quite the Mark of Devotion in recent years is Sting.

Gift of the Soul with this Face Reading Data

Tremendous yearning to find truth, live truth, express truth… in service to others.

Gee, sound just a bit like courageous David Sedaris?

Potential Challenge

Some sacrifice may be required?

Conclusion

David Sedaris isn’t just a hugely talented writer. He’s so devoted to helping others, bringing truth, sharing insight. Sometimes making himself appear ineffectual or troubled, that’s all part of his service to humanity.

Mark Twain also made people laugh.  And he made people think.

But David Sedaris is funnier, with a truly post-postmodern sensibility. In his distinctly un-mushy way — I mean, really, just look at that mouth — David Sedaris makes his readers feel so much better about themselves.

If you ever go to even one book signing, go to his

Because David Sedaris will talk to you. He will make his fans at the bookstore wait for hours. Because he insists on talking, really talking, to every single person. As noted at one such venue, “Fair warning: A Sedaris signing line is loooong and he spends time with each person, so if you’re waiting until the end, be prepared for a late night.”

Be prepared, Blog-Buddies, to see David Sedaris Mark of Devotion continue to grow.

David.. says:

Ah – Rose was a red rose. 😉

David.. says:

Nice series, Rose.
    Sometimes the most interesting details are the throwaway comments. Like about the facade body he has. Low self-esteem? Or empath protection?
    😉

Very interesting reading, Rose. I have the opposite facial data (wide jaws) and definitely do not have an early warning system for conflict in relationships. I have a friend who has a similarly long mark of devotion, and your description is very apt. You’ve inspired me to listen to his latest book. I enjoyed earlier books but have not read any of his recent ones.

CarolCat says:

David’s one of my favorite writers. Thank you for doing this. As someone who also has a prominent “mark of devotion,” your writing is helping me to understand my own inclinations a little better.

Jnana says:

Interesting read.
    I recently met a Swamini with a nose bonus too. And very large ear lobes.
    A nice face but not a good speaker at all unfortunately.

Jnana says:

I like posts like this where in addition to deeper perception I discover good authors or books I would have otherwise not been aware of. David Sedaris is exceptionally good. And how nice about the service part.

Would you consider doing a post of your top reads for 2014 or some of your favourite writers?

Kira says:

Liked this half, too.

Lara says:

Rose, for face reading, which of your books would you recommend to get going with? Does New Power of Face Reading have all the face reading things plus more that are in Read People Deeper, do they overlap or..? I think I am more drawn to Read People Deeper because of the body language section, but.. I suppose the answer is both!

Thanks so much for your comments, everyone.

LARA, I appreciate your question.

You know me well enough to appreciate that I would never just do a book on face reading that packaged the same information as a duplicate of what I had written in some other book.

Definitely start with “The NEW Power of Face Reading.”

Unless you are drawn to the body language and aura reading and the 50 practical categories about life. In which case, go for “Read People Deeper.”

Very different information in the two books!

A week from today I hope to announce a first ever, highly unusual, one-time, big sale of paperback books when purchased through the tollfree number and the shopping cart at my website.

Not yet ready.

If you’re making Christmas lists, you might wish to recommend waiting until December 8, 2014. That’s when I’m aiming for, assuming all the bits and pieces come together.

Lara says:

Rose thank you so much for your answer! I wasn’t thinking about duplicated books but for example I know in Read People Deeper there is stuff about philtrums, and I wondered if that could also be found in New Power of Face Reading. That kind of thing. I’l go with your recommendation, very excited.. and a sale too!!

Zelda says:

I just noticed that David Sedaris is scheduled to be a guest on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, here in the US.

The full episode will be available online eventually. I’ll post a link once it’s available.

Grace says:

That Mark of Devotion really shows in this clip of David Sedaris on the Tonight Show!

Having a gap between my front teeth myself, I couldn’t help but notice that he seems to have one, too.

The banter between David Sedaris and Jimmy Fallon is delightful. Such wit!

LARA and all, despite my Comment #11 above, we are not going to be doing a sale on my books. When crunching the numbers, it didn’t turn out to be smart. (Profit margin on books is less than you might think.)

I can tell you this: 2014 is the last year when we will be having a tollfree order line for the Christmas holiday season. This is the last December when books will be sold directly through Women’s Intuition Worldwide (via a fulfillment company).

So if you are interested in receiving that rare thing: Accountable, permanent service when ordering paperbacks…

Call 800-345-6665 from the U.S. and Canada in order to order my books.

And everywhere in the world, you can securely order at the shopping cart at my website, https://www.rose-rosetree.com.

Julie says:

Thank you so much for the face reading on David. I have been a fan for over 15 years, and like others, spent a LONG time waiting in line to have him sign my book. At first I was really angry with him because he switched up the “first come, first served” rule with letting all people with cigarettes move to the front of the line because he said “they didn’t have much time left”. My anger dissappated after having a chance to talk to him, and then reading the hilarious note he wrote in my book about what we had spoken about. He is a true gem.