Leadership in the post-New-Age healing of Rosetree Energy Spirituality

In the Age of Faith, many of us obeyed like sheep. In this Age of Energy, we are called to be leaders.

In the Age of Faith, many of us obeyed like sheep. In this Age of Energy, we are called to be leaders instead.

JEM’s thoughtful guest post from yesterday got me thinking. I love two parts of her post especially. First, her acknowledgment of this Energy Spirituality community (at the end of her article). JEM concluded:

“[Thanks] also to all you Blog-Buddies at “Deeper Perception Made Practical.” Thank you for cleaning the joint up, for all that you do. I know how precious you are.”

Praise like this is very much on my mind since, last night, my Apprentice JESSICA GATES completed her final requirement and graduated from the Mentoring Program in Rosetree Energy Spirituality. The program is rigorous, demanding a lot of the self-selected group of true leaders who feel called to participate.

You will find JESSICA noted as a full professional in this field at this blog’s resource page for aura healers trained in Rosetree Energy Spirituality. In weeks to come, you can look forward to a guest post by her to supplement my simple announcement here today.

JESSICA brings compassion, kindness, insightful intelligence and great healing power to her skills for helping clients. Her graduation reminds me, and maybe can remind you, that we make changes together.

Together we are doing nothing less than this: Bringing these post-New-Age skills into collective consciousness and popular conversation. Eventually we may even find this understanding to be prevalent, a new “Of course” that folks find when they search the internet under terms like “Empath” and “Aura” and “Cut Cords of Attachment.”

Re that post-New-Age aspect of Empath Empowerment and all I teach

JEN had these perceptive words to share about New Age spirituality:

Regarding the years leading up to The Shift into our new Age of Energy, I view that time in human evolution, the last 20 years, as a great time of transition, really important.

The New Age movement exploded. Incomplete as it was, misleading as it was, it showed humanity something.

That New Age movement was a baby.

Now, in 2013, that movement — the information itself — is maturing.

People can have access to:

• Effective skills
  • Sophisticated common sense
  • Time-saving techniques
  • Things that WORK.

They work for us where we are now, not in the ways that (back in the last millenium) we hoped that techniques for spiritual empowerment would work.

Post-New-Age healing requires leadership

Being at the forefront really is a big deal. Many of us (self included) have learned a lot from New Age wisdom. Yet, since The Shift into this new Age of Energy, much of this transitional knowledge has become obsolete. It can even lead straight to extreme spiritual addiction. (You’ll find one big chunk o’ research about that in Magnetize Money with Energetic Literacy: 10 Secrets for Success and Prosperity in THE THIRD MILLENNIUM.)

Today I would like to share with you two related examples of the leadership that can help YOU to grow fastest when using any skills taught in my books or workshops, plus getting the best possible results from sessions of Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

With leadership, you can avoid turning Rosetree Energy Spirituality into a mush

What kind of a mush? Mixing up what happens in a personal session, using these trademarked skills for aura healing, and jumbling that up with popular practices that are like credo and catechism in New Age spirituality.

Recently I received an inquiry from my client “JOSEPHINE.” She wanted to know how long she should keep visualizing someting that I facilitated during her personal session.

Folks, I never asked her to visualize a thing.

In my past 3,000 phone sessions with clients, how often have I asked a single one of them, once, to visualize anything?

Zero.

Sometimes I have even expressly warned my clients, “Please don’t give yourself extra jobs during our session, like doing things with energy.”

And if JOSEPHINE had listened to the recording made during her session, she might have been reminded about what really happened. Never, nowhere, nohow was there any recommendation to visualize anything.

How could she have gotten such an idea? Maybe, like many of you Blog-Buddies, she loved Shakti Gawain’s book on Creative Visualization, back in the day. Or you have gone to a Unity Church or other New Thought service and been invited to “Meditate” by visualizing something.

Visualization is like doing the New Age rosary. It can come so easily. If you like the results, good for you. Just (please) don’t tack it onto anything in my books or add extra techniques to any part of a session facilitated for you by me or JESSICA GATES or any of my other practitioners and apprentices. Because that just ain’t doing Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

• My leadership challenge? To be patient, explaining again and again and again and again. Ugh! I do my level best at this, really.
  • Your leadership challenge? Show some independence of thought, Blog-Buddies. Don’t follow up your session with me by pulling out your dreamboard. Don’t take out of context anything said or done in your session of Rosetree Energy Spirituality and mix in a bit of old New Age practices, just to make it all snazzier.

Please, listen in the present. Take Empath Empowerment(R) or other practices as you learn them. Because that well-tested, rigorous system works. Same with techniques you can learn from me to remove psychic coercion or free up ghosts or other effective skill sets in Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

Do you have enough independence of thought to think straight? To benefit from what you learn in this post-New Age modality? Or will you allow yourself to be pulled back into stereotypes that now rule in collective consciousness?

The following story may shock you. It sure shocked me at the time. Well, this is just ONE such incident that has strengthened my respect for the amazing clients and students who DO manage to avoid fuzzing out and going to sleep. Even when what they received was so darned counter-culture compared to the easy cliches of collective consciousness.

Let the New Age sheep follow the herd. In The Age of Energy we progress differently than was encouraged back in The Age of Faith. In The Age of Energy we can think independently and show everyday leadership.

Poor GLADYS, who once studied Aura Reading Through All Your Senses(R)

One of the skill sets I love to teach is the system of aura reading that comes with a trademark. This method of developing energetic literacy is a great example of how I am a post-New-Age teacher. As you may know, I don’t offer clairvoyancy workshops. Neither do I define aura reading as “Seeing the colours.” etc.

So you can appreciate the impact on this hardworking teacher with what happened to GLADYS.

Back in 1986, she was one of my first workshop students. In a boutique-style two-hour workshop, GLADYS received loads of personal attention as she learned many techniques from my book “Aura Reading Through All Your Senses.”

GLADYS did great. All those students did great. At the time.

In 2001, I ran into GLADYS by chance. We greeted each other warmly. GLADYS is a smart, accomplished woman, with a professional career in mind-body-spirit.

She had done so well in that workshop. I wasn’t going to put her on the spot and ask how she had used aura reading in the years since our workshop. Admittedly I was curious.

No wonder, then, that I was just clobbered, gobsmacked, etc. to hear her next words:

“Do you remember when I took your aura reading workshop? And remember how I was never able to learn to see the colors? Wasn’t that a shame?”

Just remember to think for yourself, Blog-Buddies

That’s leadership.

In everything I might do with you — a how-to book, a workshop, a personal session — always, I emphasize using your own self-authority. That’s so important, in every way, on your personal path toward Enlightenment (or wherever you choose as your destination for personal development).

But please, please, don’t substitute other people’s values, or customs, or what “everybody in New Age does today” for what has actually happened to you personally. And don’t mistake developing skills — like those JESSICA has worked so hard to master — with some “Anything goes” approach.

What is one of my favorite parts in two of my brand new books? Both “The Empowered Empath — Quick & Easy” and the full-length “The Empowered Empath: Owning, Embracing and Managing Your Special Gifts” contain a chapter about “Skills Versus Self-Authority.” If you have that book, you might wish to read that chapter a couple of times. Because it won’t only help with Empath Empowerment. This perspective can inform all your leadership as you progress on your spiritual path.

And here’s one last practical bit of common sense: If you choose to have a session of Rosetree Energy Spirituality, don’t take that as one more exercise in visualizing or doing other things that somebody else taught you to believe in, taken from a different context entirely.

JESSICA will thank you. I will too.

Nips says:

Rose,

Where do you see the future of empath empowerment and energetic literacy?

I mean some of the new kids incarnating now and what they’re bringing here is beyond amazing.

I wonder how much more it will evolve. And hopefully in as much of a refined, concise and structed manner as is taught here.

I’m guessing that your own understanding and growth with regards to this is also occuring as time goes on too (well of course it is, you just put out three new Empath books).

I wonder what the 6th stage of energetic literacy would be. Especially since were all starting to evolve now at such a rapid rate in all the different domains of human experience.

Excites my curious mind!

Cheers

Sweet! Let’s just do our evolving one day at a time, anchored in human identity. 🙂

Aww, thank you, Rose. 🙂

Jem says:

And congrats Jessica! Well done x

I really like this.

Counter-culture.

Post New Age.

It’s true. The best way to be a true renegade of consciousness and to fulfill the rebellious spirit is actually to just stick to the structures of the exercises as they are.

JEM says:

Like templates to REAL freedom and empowerment.

Not pretend freedom and empowerment, not stealing little empty tastes of it in ways that ultimately rob ourselves.

JEM says:

One reason I extricated myself from the New Age movement was that it was just as dogmatic, restrictive, judgmental, separated and ridiculous as the old original age, the age before the new age.

They had just replaced the words and concepts with different ones. Most of it was still in the clutches of mind and ego, with new buzzwords.

JEM says:

Damaging insanity like “You can only talk to God on Sundays through a priest” were largely simply replaced with other damaging insanities like:

“Anything goes! Just connect to the other side! Do what feels right to you!”

Or “If you have cancer it is because you have failed by being soooooo negative”

Or worse, “ONLY THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS!”

JEM says:

That “Only think positive thoughts.” thing wreaks HAVOC in people.

You don’t have to be Einstein to uncover how it thwarts your system from being present, liking yourself, being honest, authentic, being rational, being objective, flowing properly, being embodied.

JEM says:

The human mind can do all kinds of crazy things with concepts.

We can distort things.

It’s something to be mindful of.

We’re not really “just playing.”

This affects our lives.

JEM says:

I’m surprised the old ‘know them by their fruits’ thing isn’t enough to prevent people from adding or subtracting from the Rosetree material.

Why would you?

Many of the most powerful exercises consist of about 5 steps that work obviously and immediately. Pretty simple.

JEM says:

It can take a while to break habits, though. Our systems set themselves up around what we’ve drilled into ourselves for years, like visualizations or talking to yourself in the second person, trying really hard, affirmations, whatnot.

It can become reflexive.

JEM says:

Which is great news to me because if we can brainwash ourselves into patterns, we can re-create ourselves again into even better patterns!

JEM says:

It’s a shame that so much focus has been on glamorized, empty, useless things like seeing colors or not.

That same stream of thought tends to glorify psychics and channels too, to put them unquestionably on a pedestal.

That is not good, either for the psychic or the other person.

JEM says:

It’s easy to forget how dense it was a decade ago and how much harder it was.

But now, it is so clear.

It makes good sense that the quality of the work we ALL do, should improve.

It makes sense that we would start, as a species, separating the wheat from the chaff and getting to the point, which is practical tools fueled by the divine, that work.

JEM says:

So I guess that people who are tempted to supplement with other New Age habits and practices… can sometimes do so out of conditioning.

And that may also explain the need, ROSE, for your ongoing, erm, *patience* as your words bounce off brick walls.

Sometimes we literally don’t hear what doesn’t mesh with our cuckoo beliefs. Or we somehow think we are the one exception.

JEM says:

I wonder about the source of a lot of these concepts.

The way they cloud consciousness.

The way they interrupt the common sense of the soul.

Something fishy about that.

JEM says:

Some of my favorite chapters in “The Empowered Empath” have been talking about self-authority yet having the humility to just learn anew.

I love how encouraging you are in getting us to trust ourselves and “be sloppy.”

JEM says:

Also I love how practical and common sense and real you are.

I really like that there seems no hidden energy around you about wanting to be a figurehead, there is no hint of you making yourself better than others or above anyone, none of that stuff.

I sound like a worshippy fangirl when I talk about you but that is because I was a mega skeptic and I have found things that have made a major immediate difference in my life.

There are some really major differences about your work and others on the market. I find you very empowering and thorough as you are. Nothing needs adding.

Zelda says:

JEM, here’s what I get a kick out of in your comments.

You just get it. And you express that clearly, concisely, enthusiastically. It’s refreshing! 🙂

Actually, for a few years now, I’ve been amazed that literally only one person I have shared with about Energy Spirituality has gotten it in this way.

Of course, that says a lot about who I used to hang out with!! Oy….

Zelda says:

This issue of concepts is quite interesting to me.

I was introduced to the creative process a few years ago. This is the defined process that artists of all types have studied and used for ages to create art.

Zelda says:

I learned that one thing that slows down the creation of whatever it is I choose to create is having a concept of reality rather than looking at reality itself.

I recognized that I’d fallen into this myself as a result of my past focus on New Age teachings.

New Age is loaded with concepts of reality!

I have been shedding these over the past few years.

ZELDA, your comments lately have been so golden, I have restrained myself from gushing over every single one.

Still I have to flag Comment #22 here at this thread. I even bolded the goldenest part.

Really, so perceptive and important!

Thank you.

Red Hen says:

Can dementia and Alzheimer’s be healed?

Aren’t these sad and terrifying illnesses!

Much as I would like to help, RED HEN, I must leave the answer to people who specialize in medical care and energy medicine.

Energy spirituality impacts emotional and spiritual life.

However, your question is related to my blog post for today. I will send a link after it goes live.

Here’s that fresh link, offering some inspiration about dementia in the context of past-life regression:

Jem says:

In this way, because I have only exposed myself to a few specific practices and concepts, I can be quite objective about this process. My spirituality becomes more evidence-based research than an ungrounding constant mystery.

I am going to be very black and white now and say that if a system claims to be designed to effectively help you energetically, it should be a complete system that does everything you need it to. No modality should NEED supplementing. We are at a stage together where we can have that now. I’m so glad we’re claiming that right. It is time saving and efficient, freeing us up to continue actual growth and actual life rather than being on the searchinf-healing merry go round.

I was amused the other day when I was thinking about Rose’s need for ongoing patience.

JEM says:

Rose, you’ve been in perfect timing AND ahead of your time.

As modern day seekers we have to come to realize things for ourselves. We’re rebels, we’re defiant, we’re committed to being self-driven.

JEM says:

We HAD to be, to wrench ourselves out of the sheep like energetics of our ancestors.

We had to get cocky and resistant to being told what to do.

We had to get a bit deaf to outside opinion to give our souls a chance to breathe.

If I hadn’t gone through all that, I wouldn’t know now how authentic your work is and why it works so well for me in real time, applicable to daily life.

JEM says:

There have been a few things I’ve read in your books that made perfect sense and made me so relieved consciously. But I would notice myself resistant to living it immediately, ie “she wants me to stop monitoring my environment and every person in it 24/7? How will I survive then?!”

When it came down to, say, breaking empathic habits with my partner, subconsciously I didn’t want to.

JEM says:

Like it says in one exercise, these subroutines etc were developed for a reason.

But again, when it’s one simple elegant set of information I’m working with, I can be scientific.

I can practice my way and review results, I can practice with empathy-off and review results.

Then I can go, ‘oohhh. She doesn’t just say these things for the fun of it. Rose makes these recommendations for very good reasons.” Hahaha!

Lol.

JEM says:

Hey another weird thing is that the love-sacred-joyous-God feeling was in my heart chakra for a few weeks.

It was always there when I closed my eyes and it was where I connected with our Creator to do techniques.

When I did your technique for “Get Big” that heart area swelled and intensified. It’s where I felt divinity.

JEM says:

In my heart is also suppression and clogged up heavy energy. That must be in one of the chakra databanks.

JEM says:

I was disconcerted to notice for a day that the divine feeling in my heart had weakened.

But now it is back! And where it is now, it’s more conscious and constant in my daily awareness. I’m becoming it.

JEM says:

I’ve uncovered a few more reasons I’m glad I no longer have a head full of New Age practices to ‘supplement’ the Rosetree methods I’m learning.

Yesterday was my first day back at work and it was SIGNIFICANTLY different for me to be there.

JEM says:

In the old days, as avid new age consumers, we were encouraged to cherry pick a medley of practices & habits that appealed to us.

I think that was probably good for the collective because it coaxed masses of humans out of blind dogma of strict, disempowering, religion.

It boosted our practicing of spiritual authority and our listening to our preferences.

JEM says:

“Use what resonates with you” was a buzz phrase.

I think it was an important step for us to gain autonomy. And because an uncanny amount of info, modalities and techniques bloomed to fruition, we had many many choices.

JEM says:

When you are doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that, though, mixing them all together, it is hard to identify what practice has caused what outcome.

If a practice has strengthened you but you’ve done 20 practices that week, it’s hard to know what has worked. Likewise if a practice or piece of info has weakened you.

JEM says:

Similar to what I mentioned before, about a feeling of spiritual connection at my heart chakra, lately I have a magnificent feeling in my higher heart chakra.

It is pure joy, expansion and heaven. It’s potent and consistent. It’s very stabilizing. It’s unconditional.

JEM says:

My conscious mind would not have assessed that I was expressing my soul yet so this is a pleasant surprise!

This energy is really smart – life smart.

It has a joyous, healthy attitude towards everything.

JEM says:

I’m noticing the difference it is making to my responses and thoughts – what a load off!

The thing is, I can know that this energetic change and event is a direct result of specific techniques of Rose’s I’ve tried.

Thanks, JEM. You are experiencing the results of less Imported STUFF as a skilled empath, plus results of techniques like “Get Big.”

Evolution results in experiences that come and go. What lasts is the progress of your personal development, your distinctive path to Enlightenment.

Kira says:

Jem, I just love all your insights and the way you express them!