How one empath's daughter turned her life around. A guest post by JEM

Using Empath Empowerment skills to get strong

Using Empath Empowerment skills to get strong

Like many a guest post these days, today’s contribution from JEM began as a response to the lively dialog among members of this kind, smart, courageous online community. Cathy’s Comment #11 here, to be precise.

Blog-Buddies, I am so proud of you, and so interested in your comments here about “Deeper Perception Made Practical”

Today here come insights from JEM about how Empath Empowerment has made a life-changing difference for herself and her daughter. My links and headings, plus some minor edits. That voice? Unmistakably JEM’s.

It’s funny you mention the teenage years, Cathy.  By the way, it’s healing having someone say “I relate to you.” So thank you.

It’s funny, Cathy, because all my discovery of Rose’s work started because of my young teenage daughter.

Come with me on a journey through time and space… to about three weeks ago.

My first aha! related to empath… anything

I was innocently making my morning coffee when, out of the blue, my intuition made me aware that the main source of my daughter’s woes is EMPATHY. (Or, what Rose would call, being born as an empath but not, yet, having skills.)

Keep in mind back then empathy was a dirty word in my lexicon and I considered myself cured by way of numbing.

I thought:

• Empathy?
  • YUCK.
  • Oh, the poor child.
  • Of course, this makes sense.

An unskilled empath in high school

Then my intuition went on to make me aware of how it feels to my daughter, an empath, going to her high school.

Once again, YUCK!

You wouldn’t send your worst enemy to a place that felt like that.

Okay, what then? How could I protect my daughter, the empath?

Pre-studying with Rose, the only real thing I had going for me was good, strong, accurate intuition.

So I trusted this info.

Then, of course, I was faced with the colossal task of helping a kid deal with being an empath.

What I did next was hatch a plan to contact all the wise women I know and ask them to write a letter to their teenage selves, which I would then present to my daughter in a book.

I thought older people’s wisdom was my best bet.

I would not have approached it mainly at the energy or consciousness level, not in a pink fit.

While I was in this process, two people said “Hey check out Rosetree, she’s your woman!”

Surprise, someone had already written a book to help empaths get real skills

Loath as I am to read anything of a New Age calibre, I did a bit of research and Rose passed. Little did I know how much this stuff would change MY life. Here I was, thinking I was learning about empathy for my daughter’s sake, so I could teach her.

I can’t do the whole story justice on here, not enough room.

So let’s just imagine this part.

Such worry!

I was very, very, very, verrrrry worried about what was happening with my daughter.

Worried not in an overreactive mother way but in a real world, hey, this is becoming a major concern way.

Also worried were her teachers and friends and extended family.

What wasn’t making any difference for her? All the help, support, professional services, or the amazing large network of fabulous people around her.

I was growing frustrated. My daughter has a degree of love and support that most of us could only dream about having at that age. And that includes people outside the family. Yet none of it was penetrating.

What happened with our first book about Empath Empowerment(R)

It was “Become The Most Important Person in the Room.” I gave it to my daughter. She read a couple of chapters of and did a couple of exercises.

And I witnessed nothing short of a miracle.

My daughter is saved. She’s back.

She’s clearly in touch with her soul; it’s obvious.

And she’s going to learn these skills at age 13.

Let’s pause to grasp the gravity of that

This is a big deal. Assuming that my daughter chooses to continue learning, becomes a fully skilled empath. Assuming that she continues her new habits…

I cannot even begin to list the amount of crap she will be saved. Or the major difference it will make to her life path.

My daughter had been getting really clogged with what I now call Imported STUFF.

Her buoyant, bright, extremely talented self was dimming under the crushing weight of many factors. All, obviously in hindsight, energetic.

The transformation happened so fast

I’m a bit flabberghasted at how little it took.

My daughter bounced back to full glory in less than 24 hours, and she hasn’t shaken since.

This was after 12 months of us trying everything and her getting progressively worse.

And what about Mom?

According to my estimate, I’ve grown more in the past week or so than I had all year.

But I’m still taking longer than she is.

She just seemed to get it. Today she went somewhere that is always very challenging for her energetically and she was FINE. I’m not exaggerating when I say “Miracle.”

Is it her age?

Me using Rose’s technique for removing negative thought forms from everything we’ve ever laid eyes on?

Don’t know.

I’m not going to take for granted that she’s cured, the end. I’ll teach her sequentially through Rose’s books, but still.

Very cool story and 100% true. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, New Agers.

Cathy says:

Jem, that is freaking awesome! So glad to see that is working for you and your daughter. If only I had known about this when I was 13 my life would be infinite light years different now.
    I really hope that this starts becoming a trend for future generations.

Cathy says:

I also do think that kids just get it much better. They don’t have as many preconceived notions of ‘what should be’. Us adults have a lot of habits that cause a ‘knee-jerk’ reaction at the worst possible times. I have been religiously doing Empath First Aid and Coming Home for the past 2+ weeks and omg! What a difference, even after going through the 30 Days to Empath Empowerment. And you know I still find myself doing the odd empath merge :0 Lifetime habits are harder to break, and kids aren’t so set in their ways.

Cathy says:

You know what is really ironic though, Jem, is that my journey also began because of my daughter. It’s amazing the realizations and answers our kids lead us to.

David FB says:

I agree – it would have made a huge difference in my teens. But I’m not sure how well I would have digested it off the top – the ideas were far outside my then frame of reference. Empath? Huh?

And yet there I was, working so hard to be invisible. Which of course completely conflicted with basic needs like being liked.

Awesome story, JEM.

JEM says:

Ugh, I cringed at the ‘stick that in your pipe and smoke it’ line, lol!

Please know, that was NOT directed at you readers here, but came out of my then-dislike of Hay House-ish time wasters.

Having found a teacher whose information WORKS, I was annoyed at spiritual addiction existing and annoyed at flaky famous teachers. I feel differently about all that now.

JEM says:

Totally agree Cathy, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

My daughter’s life seems to be set up so that she finds the best, top notch information, help and teachers, early.

JEM says:

They come to her: true masters in their field.

This goes for school, hobbies, health care, exercise and now energy.

Watching the patterns of her life, it is synchronistic and nothing I can take credit for – it is clearly set up by her soul.

JEM says:

Obviously she, and probably many of today’s kids, don’t need the same journey we did.

Mine has definitely been ideal for me though.

JEM says:

I agree that her youth would have a lot to do with it. She’s young in the middle of a shift too, earth’s not as dense now!

She has minor hormonal moments still but they are clearly just that. Empathy is no longer influencing her moods. This is a few weeks after this was originally written.

JEM says:

I also frequently use empath first aid and coming home and agree with you, WOW! I find I have to do them less now.

After a couple of weeks doing them a lot, two things happened. A lot of stillness opened up inside me and my aura.

Stillness, presence, Being, no-thought.

A whole new to me level of consciousness or awareness.

JEM says:

I also disidentified with my mind for the first time ever.

Just before that happened I started seeing golden writing, it looked like sanskrit but was vertical rather than written horizontally, in front of my head.

I saw this every time I Got Big. Don’t know what that was but am comfortable not knowing.

JEM says:

It is definitely associated with this stillness, embodied being consciousness.

This feels very much like the presence I remember Eckhart Tolle writing about many yrs ago.

I bought his books and got glimpses of the consciousness he teaches about , but was not ready back then.

JEM says:

I have also had brief moments of this fully alert stillness & freedom when doing Byron Katie’s work. I may or may not revisit their teachings.

But the lovely thing is that on top of everything else, bc of Rose’s empath teachings, I am now much more present, clear, peaceful and non reactive.

So when my daughter does have a brief hormone episode I can deal with it effectively without causing suffering for either of us!

3 cheers for Rose. This has been an awesome domino effect

What wonderful comments, CATHY, DAVID FB, KYLIE, and generous JEM!

Every empath responds to Empath Empowerment in a unique way, so I hope nobody reading is comparing yourself to anyone else.

About the two techniques mentioned a couple of times so far in this thread, “Empath’s First Aid” technique and the “Coming Home” technique, the former is in “Become the Most Important Person in the Room.”

While both are to be found in “The Empowered Empath” and also “The Empowered Empath — Quick & Easy.”

The very best results come from doing “Coming Home” daily, a process that can take just a minute a day (as explained toward the end of “The Empowered Empath” in either the Expanded Edition or the Quick Edition.

David FB says:

JEM – you realize that one of those blessings she received was being born to you. 😉

JEM says:

David, if only she could see that when I’m confiscating her iPad, having busted her for listening to music all night instead of sleeping! Next time, I’ll say “Stop complaining, it was a blessing to be born to me!!” LOL.

No seriously, that was an incredibly kind and open-hearted thing to say, and speaks volumes to us about who you are <3 I'm taking it on board.

JEM says:

And that is an excellent point. I would not have been receptive to this info at 13, or possibly even 23. Ironically I had too much stuff and a very restricted consciousness. It somehow feels very right that all has happened in the sequence it has though.

JEM says:

About comparing…. I hope it doesn’t seem that I am bragging or boasting. It’s not coming from there inside me.

I’m sharing more out of awe than anything.

We are normal people who found techniques which have bought about extraordinary results – on one level it seems like this has happened TO us. I wasn’t expecting it.

JEM says:

Cathy – very beautiful that your daughter started your journey too.

Our social structures put the parents in the expert/teacher/doer roles and the children as weird little malleable blobs.

We learn pretty quickly that isn’t the case though, hey? On the level of Being, my children are equal to any adult, always have been.

JEM says:

Thanks Kylie, it is a pretty cool story isn’t it?

It’s been such fun living it, watching it play out.

CATHY says:

Jem, I know what you mean about being in awe, not bragging, just so many wonderful little areas that it effects in our lives, thoughts, and minds.

CATHY says:

I think I have gotten the impulse to babble thank you’s to Rose in every conversation thread under control 😉 Everyone needs thanks, I think mine was getting a little monotonous! lol

CATHY says:

The thing is, when it has such a profound effect on one’s life, and quality of life, its hard not to babble or break down in tears of joy every time the topic comes up. Never thought I would feel this good!

CATHY says:

Rose, I know those techniques were in Becoming the Most Important Person, but I think they were kind of lost in the whole 30 Day thing, I mean that in the nicest possible way.

It was part of the whole, and it is a fantastic system for creating self-awareness in us.

CATHY says:

However, putting them as the two main techniques in the Empowered Empath has made them a daily thing for me at this point.

And that is where the extremely profound change came in as far as mental clarity, and emotional stability has come in for me.

CATHY says:

Jem, I’m not sure yet if my daughter is an empath, but she is for sure a super-sensitive kid.

It started because I realized conciously that she does not get our animals like I do.

I’ve always just ‘known’ when something is up with them, what they need or want.

She was always asking me ‘what is the dog thinking’, or the cat, or hampster, or whatever.

CATHY says:

Was driving me batty till it hit: I’m the only one who gets them. Which eventually led to Rose, the books, and and teaching my kid aura reading, like energy handshakes, auric massage etc.

Kid get it. Just like that, I agree with you.

So whether she is an empath, or just an HSP, she will be aware of aura reading and energetic literacy. She just turned 8 the other day.

David FB says:

Kathy
    She’s young yet – and it may not be in the same form as yours.

I can recall struggling with teaching my staff how to manage the servers like I did. It finally dawned on me I was using what I then called an “intuitive understanding”. Couldn’t teach that. They had no clue how I did it.

David FB says:

When I finally read Become the Most Important, the light went on. Sure, I have a high mechanical aptitude. But I also get technology in ways most people don’t. Finally understood why.

David FB says:

Equipment is also a little easier to be unskilled with, so you’re less inclined to repress it.

DAVID FB, that’s true. I never thought about it that way before.

CATHY and JEM, thank you so much for these latest insights.

David FB says:

Hi Rose
    Yes, I notice a big difference between the different gifts. People related ones are the messier, workaround ones. The others are “cleaner”.

Although I well imagine some may have had reactions by those around them that lead to repression of even those.

David FB says:

Had a great chat today over brunch with a friend on invisibility and how that is still at play in various areas of our lives. The safe, comfortable mode. Doesn’t really work, but it is well programmed…

Cathy says:

David, that is a really unique insight. I take it you are a mechanical empath then? I realize that my daughter may have different gifts. I suspect they may be in acting and arts related activities if she does. At this point I think think the best thing I can do is let her discover/educate her in being open to energetic literacy and the workings of the body/mind. Without the prejudice that I grew up with, I think that any gifts she may possess will have the ability to grow naturally and evolve as she matures.

Zelda says:

David, I can relate to the mechanical empath comments, as we discussed in a thread a while ago.

I get it now why some friends and colleagues just aren’t as into playing around with their smart phones and using them to create cool things and make work easier. It’s just not at all the same thing for them.

David FB says:

Hi Cathy
    Yes, mechanical, and a few others too. One of the big ones is intellect, where I take on the thinking of those around me. I used to say I became my job.

Now I’m much less inclined to this but there are still a lot of habits, like checking people and drivers around me. Much more conscious of that now but it can be subtle.

Zelda says:

I’ve experienced that “messiness” in relation to my intellectual empath gift. So much fun! Makes me a great language teacher.

I finally figured out and really got it, with Rose’s help through sessions and a face reading, why I’ve always had some colleagues throughout my career who behaved strangely toward me in a particular way.

They were intimidated, which blew my mind, as I had no interest in intimidating them.

They just couldn’t get how I do what I do and now I’ve just let it go. What a relief.

Sarah says:

David, boy does your comment about the servers resonate with me!

And Cathy, about the animals.

For me, I think it has happened all my life with Intellectual Empath ability. A lot of what I have brushed off as just “being smart” is probably a series of unskilled empath merges. And it explains why I find endless frustration with others who seem equally smart but don’t “get it!!”

Sarah says:

A very good friend of mine (and refreshingly human individual!) playfully accused me:

“Just because you read everyone else’s mind, doesn’t mean they can read yours!” Haha!

(Note: I know that empath abilities are not the same as “mind reading”; his words, not mine. Still, from an outside perspective, it is a cute way to put it.)

Sarah says:

As far as imported stuff, maybe it doesn’t pack the same kind of wallop that comes with emotional or physical empath abilities, but it can sure result in a lot of confusion and frustration.

There are a lot of people out there whose minds I DO NOT want to be in!

Nice to finally be developing skills and shutting that dripping faucet right off. 🙂

Lilian says:

Thanks Rose. The 30 year time frame sounds about right.

I’m 31 so my whole life has been developing while so much else has been changing too.

Talking to my friends, we all seem glad that we experienced life before things have “changed”.

We’re glad to have had that experience (of the 80s and 90s) along with whatever is happening now.

Lilian says:

And none of my friends are new agey.

Everyone senses a change, though it’s hard to pinpoint what it is.

Is it the way everyone is trapped in technology and forgotten how to have normal human relationships?

Has music become less from the heart and fake?

Have we lost touch with ourselves for the time being?

Will we get off our iphones and come back to life?

Lilian says:

I’m fairly sure I could have avoided all astral loops if I wasn’t quite so physically and mentally exhausted around 2012.

Though for me losing myself in mental work and getting so exhausted is a way of getting too involved with the astral while pretending to myself I’m being sensible and grounded.

I guess getting lost in mental energy is my way of getting high. Best thing is to do lots of physical exercise.

Lilian says:

In terms of romance of the astral, I was talking to David B (not David FB!) about how he gets lost in performance and that he needs a stable home life to be OK as a regular person.

Lots of his musical friends deal with bad depression as everything is so wonderful when they’re performing (spiritual high!) and then they have to deal with actual life.

Lilian says:

I was watching his friend Matt perform the other day.

Matt completely lit up and his energy was flowing in all kinds of ways when he was singing and playing, and then he sat down again and I realised just how sorry a state he was actually in.

Lilian says:

I guess very sensitive kids being born now need to go right into the most supportive environment possible as they don’t have 20 years to know themselves well enough to deal with the energy levels these days.

Lilian says:

It seems how people do creative things is changing a lot nowadays too.

The astral and diving elements seem to flow more naturally into art and music.

I’ve had a few years of meeting arty types, and it’s interesting how people talk about creating. It’s really the thoughts about colour that got me reading new age stuff and I’m not the only one on that track.

Lilian says:

It interesting to see what happens with musicians when they’re performing.

Actors can change their auras to another human level setting, but I think musicians just move their energy up (ie to astral) and expand it right out.

That can bring the energy of an entire room or street (in the case of musicians busking) up.

It certainly is addictive to musicians.

Lilian says:

I hope that by doing this out of a sense of service and wanting to share gifts it is safe to be doing this.

I know that as soon as David comes back from playing he does chores (lucky me!) and has a quiet sit.

Luckily (or by design, most likely) he’s 6’5” and has so much physical strength that grounding isn’t a problem.

David FB says:

re: sensitive kids
    Keep in mind, the world isn’t worse now, it’s just gotten more intense. For growth, this is a good thing.

We’re here in earth school to learn. Protecting kids reasonably is fine but the way they’ll integrate with the world is through experience, not avoidance. Give your support and help them understand their uniqueness. But be careful about culturing the idea that the world is unsafe or similar.

David FB says:

Last night I was reading the story of a high level conversation that took place over 40 years ago. The topic was how being in the world and using multiple senses simultaneously cultures a center of silence.

We may not be aware of this, but simply being in the world and having experiences of all kinds is very evolutionary.

David FB says:

Of course, it can also be stressful and bring Stuff, so thats where knowledge and skills can be useful. Some effortless meditation, some healing skills, and an understanding of what we bring to the table and how to culture that.

Earth school should not be avoided. It should be engaged with gusto and the right skills to sail on through. 😉

Julie says:

I’ve often thought that if I were to be a parent, I would give my children every advantage I could by helping them understand empathy and sensitivity, and have skills to navigate that.

I would want them to know that some of the things (American) society puts forth as virtues – rashness, arrogance, insensitivity, roughness- those aren’t what I value.

And that it’s possible to be a refined person and flourish in life, according to one’s own rules.

There’s no need to mold yourself to fit what is around you, and be in any way other than what you are. That’s what I would want them to know.