After cutting 260 cords of attachment. A guest post by Zelda

What happens to your progress in live when you permanently cut MANY cords of attachment?

Recently Blog-Buddy ZELDA was commenting on the importance of using techniques of Energy Spirituality just the way they are taught, subtracting nothing, adding nothing. Just using the skill set, as with cutting cords of attachment.

In her Comment 38 she wrote:

You get it, how important this work is, especially now. And you get how smart it is to just respect the diligence that went into the development of the techniques. That will serve you well!

In my cleaning today, I came across notebooks of notes on sessions of cords of attachment cut by Rose, and my notes on my own cords cut. I’ve done somewhere around 260 now!

The first cord cut was in 2007. I destroyed all the notes from the cord sessions except those first few major, icky cords cut by Rose. They help me remember how far I’ve come. They also help me have compassion for what I had been dealing with in my life up till that point – 47 years! Yikes!

Then JEM asked her about this, what she had noticed as a result of cutting so many cords of attachment.

Today here comes ZELDA’s response, worthy of its own guest post. Headings, links, and minor edits are mine. Powerful energy healing can result from using the skill set known as 12 Steps to Cut Cords of Attachment(R).

I found it inspiring to read ZELDA’s account of self-healing and hope you do, too.

Cutting cords of attachment has been so practical and useful

About cutting cords, JEM…

It’s a wonderful skill to have, for sure. It has certainly helped me move out STUFF and is a good way to nip things in the bud.

I have a few different approaches for using the skill. For instance, after going through a big challenge, like dealing with difficult insurance company bureaucrats, I’ll systematically check for and cut cords of attachment to those with whom I had charged interactions.

I’ve found that doing this removes the charge. Of course, I only do one a week, to allow time for integration.

If I find a lingering or repeated feeling of annoyance related to one of my students, I’ll check for and cut the cord of attachment.

I just did that last week and and noticed a big change as a result. This student no longer pops into my mind repeatedly after class.

The educational part of cutting cords, learning about the former cord dialog

[Note: In 12 Steps to Cut Cords of Attachment, several of the steps involve finding out what used to be in that cord of attachment. Then figuring out logical consequences — results in life — related to those specific “cord items.” This method to remove cords of attachment is very different from many approaches that seem simpler. Yet they don’t bring permanent benefits, while this tested method does work to bring results permanently]

Lately, it’s been both surprising and helpful to note that most of the cord items related to a couple of students have been mine, from my side of the dialog box.

They’ve been related to my anger, frustration, and annoyance about behavior from some of those students.

Cutting these cords of attachment has removed that charge.

Results have helped me to shift to acceptance and tolerance.

People certainly have the right to do things sloppily! They are learning big lessons, as am I. (They’re just, maybe, learning different lessons from those I am learning.)

Indirect consequences of cutting cords of attachment

[Another note from Rose: Newbies to cutting cords of attachment sometimes think they will change the cordee, or improve the relationship. Not so. Your cord of attachment to JOE or GLADYS is your problem, not JOE’s, not GLADYS’s. Similarly, their cords of attachment to you are none of your business. Still, as you evolve, the relationship dynamics between you and former cordees may improve just because you are different. And sometimes we have karma to pay back to somebody, and when that’s done, it’s done. Which is what ZELDA describes next.]

It’s fascinating to see how relationship dynamics can sometimes change rather dramatically after a cord of attachment is cut.

Last year, I had a student who was sort of clumsily narcissistic, in that he constantly talked about himself and would try to pull all the attention in class to himself.

I cut the cord of attachment to him and then he just disappeared! Never came back to class, never heard from him again.

Zelda says:

Well, that was a surprise! 🙂 I wasn’t expecting my comment to appear as a guest post. Hope it can be helpful to Blog-Buddies.

Zelda says:

I’m curious about what you say here, Rose:

“…as you evolve, the relationship dynamics between you and former cordees may improve just because you are different. And sometimes we have karma to pay back to somebody, and when that’s done, it’s done.”

A few years back, another teacher mentioned something about the karma being paid back sometimes being about saying no to being exploited. That was quite a revelation to me at the time. I’ve certainly had many opportunities along those lines.

Zelda says:

Is this along the lines of what you were referring to here? Just curious as to why it was clear to you that that last example was about karma being paid.

I definitely thought your comment was guest post-worthy, ZELDA.

That’s part of the fun when I monitor the blog, having the opportunity to do such things. 🙂

Let’s be really clear, though. It wasn’t “clear to me” that that last example was about karma being paid.

There are many deep understandings of karma. I was simply expressing the results of one aspecty of karma I have observed over time.

You see, to me, karma repayment is often about learning.

Beyond that, to me, much of what happens here at Earth School is about consciousness and learning.

So here was the deal:

Karma repayment aspect #1: You moved out STUFF related to that student who constantly talked about himself.

Karma repayment aspect #2: Energetically you received PUT IN, automatically done with the 12 Steps to Cut Cords of Attachment.

Karma repayment aspect #3: Consciously you also learned some things. Also part of the PUT IN, automatically done with the 12 Steps to Cut Cords of Attachment.

And then — mysteriously or not — objective reality arranged intself so that you didn’t have to deal with him any more.

Really, ZELDA, the only thing that’s clear to me is this:

When we humans have an obvious opportunity to learn and grow, it’s smart to take it.

Does this definitely relate to moving out annoying karma payback? Knowing such things is beyond my control — and definitely beyond my sense of certainty.

For sure, it seems to me that conscious learning about what is true is a gift that keeps on giving. Energetically learning by removing STUFF and receiving PUT IN for a stronger soul expression, that’s also an aspect of life that is quintessentially human. And I’m all for it.

David FB says:

Thanks for the share, Zelda.
    I look forward to learning proper cord removal.

David FB says:

The key detail about karma, to me, is the end of the charge. The charge is what drives response and reaction, what turns the wheel. When we resolve the charge, that aspect is done.

However, if the charge is resolved but the tendency to recharge remains, deeper resolution is needed. When the learning is also complete and the energetic tendency is resolved (via Put in), then the larger aspect is also completed.

David FB says:

There can be various kinds of layers to that. The field of action is massively complex. But the basic principles are simple – work with the principles and let the rest of it take care of itself.

David FB says:

Rose – would you say that if you remove a cord of attachment, that we cease to feed their cord to us? So even if their cord connection remains, it would loose some potency?

Or do you see them as distinct cords?

And yes, I know I’ll understand this better after I read your book. Patiently waiting on my shelf.

Lilian says:

What we’re talking about here is metaphysical. There’s no reliable way to really get the concept across without your spiritual intelligence coming into play.

Rose does a pretty good job at triggering spiritual intelligence (yay, writing gifts!) but even she has her limits.

Lilian says:

Cords of attachment – It’s all your own stuff. I see it as stuff that has always been yours but then another person came along to trigger it all and it played a part in the drama between you.

So thanks for vile and annoying person for letting me see my own crap and put it in a narrative form now it can now go away.

Lilian says:

If only I could change other people. That’s been a part of my own delusions of secret power. Free will is the order of the day.

Lilian says:

Karma – grr.

To me karma feels like very bad things happening at just the wrong moment when you can’t escape their consequences and then I think about all the things I could have done to avoid it all.

Lilian says:

I guess karma is just stuff that happens cos that’s the next thing to be doing.

I remember being really hopeful back in 2011 that everything will be awesome for the next few years and I’ll live my potential and be awesome. I guess that meant that I was ready for more “lessons.”

Lilian says:

A good attitude is humility. We’re living here as a human, with a given personality. Karma etc is all soul level stuff.

I’m sure my soul is super awesome multi-dimensional and very busy soul. I’m sure that’s the same for everyone who is bothering to read this!

But knowing all of what my soul knows will blow my tiny mind. 🙂

Lilian says:

I guess a positive of being human is that we can just be a human and think about what to have for lunch instead!

Yeah, I’ve just decided to treat being human as a bit of a holiday. Time for tea!

ZOFIA, thank you for all this commenting. I’ll bet a lot of Blog-Buddies can relate to this wisdom:

“I’ve just decided to treat being human as a bit of a holiday.”

Shallowing up can be FUN!

DAVID FB, let’s start responding to your Comment 11 one chunk at a time. Regarding this part:

“Rose – would you say that if you remove a cord of attachment, that we cease to feed their cord to us?”

Cords of attachment are, actually, not “fed” by anyone. In any sense.

This is a great time to turn to that book on your shelf, “Cut Cords of Attachment with Energy Spirituality.”

It explains very systematically and practically all about cords. Otherwise there can be very intelligent questions like this one, and ones that followed in your comment, based on faulty premises.

Continuing with this question, “So even if their cord connection remains, it would loose some potency?”

Either a cord of attachment is cut or it isn’t.

As a father, you’re familiar with the idea that a woman is either pregnant or not, right?

This is similar.

Just because cords of attachment are structures made of astral energy does not keep them from either existing or not, yes or no.

And regarding this part:

“Or do you see them as distinct cords?”

When you first become interested in Person A, automatically you have a cord of attachment to Person A for the rest of your life. Unless that cord of attachment is removed in a way that works.

When Person A first becomes interested in you, then Person A automatically has a cord of attachment to you.

That is none of your business.

Cords of attachment are not shared. Also very simple.

Complicating this simple fact, if someone were to depend on clairvoyance alone (as in “seeing” an energy structure between two people)(and not having a solid knowledge base for interpreting that perception)…

then all heck could break loose.

Joke!

But the person going by perception without reliable information might easily confuse a cord of attachment with an astral tie.

None of you Blog-Buddies need to make that mistake.

Astral ties are shared. Cords of attachment are not. There are many other differences between them as well.

If you wish to become knowledgeable about astral ties, and also gain solid skills for removing them, here’s a resource for you:

Use Your Power of Command for Spiritual Cleansing and Protection.”em>

Alternatively, to become knowledgeable about cords of attachment, and also gain solid skills for removing them, here’s my best beginner’s resource for you:

Cut Cords of Attachment for Self-Healing.”

And finally, DAVID, about this part of your comment:

“I can see the explanation that if we change, it would change the impact of the cord to us.”

Sigh! This is another of those faulty premise ideas. We don’t share cords of attachment.

If we change in human ways,this NEVER changes the impact of any cord of attachment that we have, impacting us subconsciously and energetically, every single day of life.

To sum up, every one of your cords of attachment is an astral structure. It is not a physical structure.

Nonetheless, it has subconscious and energetic consequences for you. Which is why removing a particular cord of attachment will reward you particular improvements in life. All this is part of what you learn from using the method called 12 Steps to Cut Cords of Attachment(R).

Meanwhile you can do anything you like as a human being, at the vibrational level of human, a.k.a. “Your conscious mind.”

This has zero impact on the subconscious structure of a cord of attachment.

So the consequences of doing something flow in one direction only:

Removing the astral-level cord of attachment — with skill — can improve your human-level life.

But not vice versa.

Ah – thanks, Rose
    Theres a key detail I didn’t differentiate before. Astral ties vs cords of attachment. Not synonymous.

In the summary article I did I just referred to “energetic ties” for both. Will review that part of Power of Command again.

Sweet, DAVID FB. It’s great how you keep learning. An inspiration to us all!

And you may have NO idea how common it is on the Internet and elsewhere for folks to have exactly this confusion. (Only they don’t necessarily have the humility to seek more knowledge and apply it.)

Lilian says:

It’s easy to see how things get confused if you’re going from a clairvoyant perspective.

Lilian says:

I will try and follow my own advice. That’s just me sparking off, as usual.

When I say “Rose does a pretty good job ” that just me being English. I try to edit out all my qualifiers. You do an amazing job. Thank you!!

Yep – still learning, even at my age. 😉

It surprises me a little i didn’t pick this detail up prior, but I have only read one of the 2 books that cover this.

But it explains why I didn’t always get your description of cords when I was comparing to my experiences with astral ties.

Zelda says:

About karma…what I’ve learned is that it doesn’t seem to help me to focus much energy on the word itself as it’s one of those words that can have rather different meanings or interpretations. And then I can get caught up in trying to sort out all the different permutations of what karma actually is.

I’m focused on staying grounded in reality with an eye to what I want to create. Along the way, I’m getting feedback and learning. I take that in and just keep going, using skills like cutting cords of attachment to help.

I like the practical, empirical feedback I’ve gotten from cutting cords.

Lilian says:

I agree with all of that Zelda. Karma as a word is not too helpful.

David FB says:

Karma as a word is fine but we’ve attached a lot of incorrect meaning to it, even more so in the west.

Karma simply means action or energy. It is neither good nor bad – that is in our interpretation. Energy seeks a balance and resolution. What is unresolved seeks a way to resolve.

David FB says:

The basics are very simple but in the world, it is unfathomably complex and not something we can “figure out”, although sometimes the results have an obvious source.

Learning to work with energy and we can resolve energy on it’s own level. Much less push to act it out in the world.

David FB says:

A key teaching on karma is that we have control over action but not the fruits (results). So we focus on doing our best and let the results take care of themselves.

As we are more present to what is here, we become more in sync, things tend to go more smoothly, and results often exceed our expectations.

Big subject, the art of action.

Zelda says:

Great points, David. Thanks for sharing.

And thanks, Rose, for clarifying.

Zelda says:

Yes, there are those incorrect meanings of karma flying around. I find that I’ve been bothered by many of them that have been co-opted by New Age-y folks and used in unhelpful ways.

Like that karma is somehow a sort of punishment.

Or being asked what exactly I did that caused this or that particular bad thing to happen.

The simplistic approach really bugs me!

Zelda says:

I do find it challenging at times when it seems that taking a particularly strong action is necessary. Speaking up for myself so as not to be taken advantage of financially or otherwise. Like that.

There’s been so much of the glossing over with “niceness” in New Age, make it all positive, that I’ve been aware of some discomfort related to having to speak up for myself rather strongly at times.

Zelda says:

Of course, the alternative wasn’t an option, so it was a good way to become stronger.

David, I’m wondering if you have any wisdom to share on that – when the action called for is rather strong.

Rose and I have discussed how certain recent adventures of mine have been like “seminars” on gaining strength and power or learning about money.

I see them as “master’s degrees” of another variety…. 🙂

Sarah says:

I have to say, David, that I used to be one of those people who “didn’t believe” in karma. I didn’t like the concept it was used to mean, and I felt like it was directly at odds with the notion of free will.

Then I found your blog, and started reading your descriptions of what karma is, what karma isn’t, and how much “extra” meaning we have laid on it…

Sarah says:

Now I love and embrace karma! I see it as a cosmic version of Newton’s 3rd law, nothing more controversial or scary than that.

And I don’t seek to puzzle out all of the details in my daily life any more than I turn every day into a physics problem. Though sometimes it can be fun to notice isolated applications of either law.

Sarah says:

You have a remarkable way of making such (potentially) emotionally-charged, esoteric concepts clear and applicable, and in a nonthreatening way.

So thanks for sharing it here, too!

SARAH, I second that praise for DAVID FB’s writing at his blog.

And thanks so much for your insightful comments here about progress in your understanding of “karma” as a useful concept on one’s path to Enlightenment, or just for everyday life.

ZELDA, it is a pleasure to observe you acing those Life Seminars.

And also to read your growthful comments here.

Thanks, Zelda
    On strong action – yep sometimes its necessary. Not always pleasant but if we’re clean and direct, it can be very effective.

On of my big earth school periods was in working for the police. An assertive crowd and some very difficult circumstances arose that obliged me to become a lot more assertive.

David FB says:

Someone is pointing a loaded handgun at me? Testifying against the chief of police? Not a time for being wimpy.

I was pretty happy when that period of life was complete. I now still try to be nice. But if someone is being inappropriate, I start to turn up the assertiveness. That dial can go a lot higher than most people expect now but rarely does.

David FB says:

And then when it’s done? Walk away and turn it off. Just another way of being energetically clean.

Fire is sometimes a necessary element. It can be very cleansing when used well.

Miranda says:

I am finally reading the program from the e-book on Cutting Cords of Attachment for Self-healing. Zelda’s post has inspired me to learn how to do this.
    In the Questioning Technique – if you are doing a series of questions, do you Get Big for each question?
    Also I don’t see the Search button anymore. I found it quite helpful in quickly navigating to a topic. Will it be coming back anytime soon or was that a decision that came with the new look of the website – which looks great by the way.

MIRANDA, this is good news indeed. Three cheers for your self-healing by cutting cords of attachment. 🙂

Usually I don’t address questions about books at the blog but I’ll make an exception since this is a really easy one to answer.

Get Big as needed. Once might be enough, but if you want a little more zest in the process, sprinkle it it.

About the SEARCH button at the blog, you’re right to have noticed its disappearance.

Just didn’t work well in WordPress. No version of it that I have had experts install has worked well. So enough, already!

Here’s a workaround, though. Go to your favorite search engine and type the search term in quotes plus the name of the blog in quotes.

For instance:

“Cut cords of attachment” + “Deeper Perception Made Practical”

Hope this helps.

David FB says:

Right, Rose. If you find the results too broad, you can get a little more specific.

On Google, I use:
    site:rose-rosetree.com/blog/ searchterm
    Then it just searches here.

(actually, I use DuckDuckGo. It does a Google search with less of the tracking)

Ha, DAVID FB, I knew you would know something cooler. Considered writing it in my comment.

Laughing. Now to hunt down an index card to write down the Smartie Search Method.

Thank you.

David FB says:

Index card? Then you have to be able to find that. I save text files on my computer. Then you can search there to find them. 😉

Just make sure you use obvious file names so you can find it later.

Google used to make it much easier to find their tricks. But now in the promotion of their other services, it’s gotten buried. Tried to find the page that tells you how to use Google as a fancy calculator recently. Took several tries to find.

Miranda says:

Thanks Rose for your answers in relation to Questioning technique.
    Thanks David for the Search tips, they were very effective. I see what you mean about DuckDuckGo. I have heard of it and when I tried it I noticed almost no clutter on the results!

Miranda says:

I have now started the practicum stage of Cutting Cords of Attachment as self-taught through Rose’s two books on this topic. A lot of information to wade through at first but I made a comittment to myself to learn to do this. I made a document of the required steps and what to do at each stage, plus a simple template for recording the information received.
    I have now cut two minor cords. One was to a tenant who I have never met in my building complex and another was a new client for training where I had been too codependent in our initial needs assessment meeting.I was surprised and delighted at the cord items and implications for change. As homework for the client I am revamping the 3 hour training and will email her to clarify expectations. It got off to a shaky start but I feel much more confident now since that cord was cut. I can see the wisdom in doing minor cords first as I develop trust in myself and the information that comes through. Thanks Rose for providing this form of self-instruction. I am excited about the possibilities for this in my life!

Zelda says:

David, your comments on your police days are very helpful, especially about turning the assertiveness on and off.

I had an interesting sort of “final exam” series of tasks recently in my “assertiveness seminar” in the American health care industry over the past 2 years.

I think my “fire” in instances of being disrespected was initially more of a slow, whiny burn, with layers of “good girl” holding it back from full effectiveness.

I’ve had many opportunities to hone that skill.

I had the chance to turn it on recently in a strong, direct, clear, no-nonsense, assertive way. It worked. 🙂

Clearing out the STUFF certainly makes for greater ease in turning it on quickly and effectively as need be and then off again.