It’s terribly, terribly sad when someone you love has a problem with pot. The purpose of today’s post is to offer the perspective I have gained from Energy Spirituality, especially from working with courageous clients who have decided to stop smoking marijuana. And from sessions with long-term clients, also courageous, who had to figure out how to deal with a significant other who was a pothead.
I don’t think there are any quick, easy answers. But there is hope.
Recently ISABELLE posed some good questions about pot at a guest post dating back to December 2013, An energy healers perspective on marijuana. A guest post by Linda Stone. ISABELLE asked this:
“I am wondering about something: to grow up with a parent who consumes cannabis daily how does this affect an unskilled empath-child?
“And another example regarding cannabis that I am wondering about: what happens when an unskilled empath has sex with someone who uses cannabis or harder drugs? What happens with the aura
“Thank you for writing about this topic. I know so many people who say smoking pot is less harmful than drinking alcohol. Which I think is not true at all.”
With increasing legalization of pot in America, it’s useful to separate out several ways that this topic can turn confusing:
- De-criminalizing a person’s right to smoke marijuana — whatever your opinion about that (and I’m definitely a fan) — has nothing to do with believing that marijuana is some kind of health food.
- Whether you think that smoking weed is good for the people you know — and how free you feel to share that point of view — this is also totally up to you.
- Knowing, as you Blog-Buddies do, that marijuana/pot/weed/grass/cannabis will put in place frozen blocks of stuck energy. Whether the smoker is cool or not.
- This type of subconscious STUFF will — not may — be deposited every single joint, every single time.
- And there is no fancy way to protect yourself energetically, with shields or crystals or other energy-related activities, that will stop the pot smoker (or secondhand smoke inhaler) from taking on these energetic frozen blocks.
People are free to experiment here at Earth School. We choose and then learn from the consequences. Sounds simple. But man oh man, is this ever NOT SIMPLE.
Here I’ll offer you perspective from using energetic literacy , aiming to help you to sort through the energetic consequences of pot smoking. This would contrast with all the human-level conversations you may be having these days, political or about particular relationships or otherwise.
What is the impact on anyone, living with somebody who smokes weed daily?
Energetically it’s confusing. JOE may be a beautiful being, but if he’s a pothead he’s not busy being human. In his consciousness and personal tastes, he’s now astral (for all energetic intents and purposes).
If you live with a frequent flyer, by way of marijuana:
- Don’t try to understand him.
- Don’t seek to reason with him.
- Limit your expectations for the relationship.
Interact on the surface of life and make your relationship the best it can be.Maybe you might also question why you are staying in the relationship. Evaluate from YOUR point of view, because that relationship may be worth keeping, yet have a significant tradeoff. Don’t dismiss problems just because you are choosing to maintain the relationship.
As for the impact on a child of living with a pothead
It’s even harder on a child, more confusing. If you have responsibility for that child, do what you can to protect your child.
What if the child living with a pothead is an empath?
It’s even harder on a child who is an empath. And you’re quite right, ISABELLE. Children who are born as empaths are born unskilled.
People do not become skilled empaths until they become skilled.
Any child, whether an empath or not, needs protection from routine interaction with a pothead.
What happens anyone has sex with someone who uses cannabis or harder drugs?
If sex is part of the equation, know that you take on a great deal of astral drek any time you are intimate physically. You can read more about this in “Aura Reading Through All Your Senses.”
Inform yourself and then make your lifestyle choices.
What happens if the one having sex with the drug user is an unskilled empath?
Exactly the same sort of mess. Not recommended.
On a cheerier note
Two words, not spoken lightly: Free will.
Yes, you have that. If you insist on using it, you sure can.
- Blog-Buddies, nobody is making you smoke marijuana, right? If you have been a user you can stop.
- If you can’t stop on your own, there are dedicated experts who can help you, plus 12-step programs.
- If you have been in recovery from pot and would like some extra support, you might consider sessions of aura healing and transformation. Moving out STUFF and adding PUT-IN that really helps you… this can make a huge difference.
In years to come, Energy Spirituality may be widely recognized as a powerful way to support the recovery process. Before then, you can avail yourself of this resource. Stay ahead of the crowds!
As for living with a pothead, having sex with a pothead, etc.? For heaven’s sake, use your free will.
There’s only one clear way to protect yourself. Find a way to make an exit plan.
Those are street smarts, pure and simple. Of course empaths, like anyone else, can develop street smarts and use them.