Answering your latest questions about marijuana

Dealing with the distinctly unglamorous reality of the pot-smoking lifestyle

Dealing with the distinctly unglamorous reality of the pot-smoking lifestyle

It’s terribly, terribly sad when someone you love has a problem with pot. The purpose of today’s post is to offer the perspective I have gained from Energy Spirituality, especially from working with courageous clients who have decided to stop smoking marijuana. And from sessions with long-term clients, also courageous, who had to figure out how to deal with a significant other who was a pothead.

I don’t think there are any quick, easy answers. But there is hope.

Recently ISABELLE posed some good questions about pot at a guest post dating back to December 2013, An energy healer’s perspective on marijuana. A guest post by Linda Stone. ISABELLE asked this:

“I am wondering about something: to grow up with a parent who consumes cannabis daily…how does this affect an unskilled empath-child?

“And another example regarding cannabis that I am wondering about: what happens when an unskilled empath has sex with someone who uses cannabis or ‘harder’ drugs? What happens with the aura…

“Thank you for writing about this topic. I know so many people who say smoking pot is less harmful than drinking alcohol. Which I think is not true at all.”

With increasing legalization of pot in America, it’s useful to separate out several ways that this topic can turn confusing:

1. De-criminalizing a person’s right to smoke marijuana — whatever your opinion about that (and I’m definitely a fan) — has nothing to do with believing that marijuana is some kind of health food.
  2. Whether you think that smoking weed is good for the people you know — and how free you feel to share that point of view — this is also totally up to you.
  3. Knowing, as you Blog-Buddies do, that marijuana/pot/weed/grass/cannabis will put in place frozen blocks of stuck energy. Whether the smoker is cool or not.
  4. This type of subconscious STUFF will — not may — be deposited every single joint, every single time.
  5. And there is no fancy way to protect yourself energetically, with shields or crystals or other energy-related activities, that will stop the pot smoker (or secondhand smoke inhaler) from taking on these energetic frozen blocks.

People are free to experiment here at Earth School. We choose and then learn from the consequences. Sounds simple. But man oh man, is this ever NOT SIMPLE.

Here I’ll offer you perspective from using energetic literacy , aiming to help you to sort through the energetic consequences of pot smoking. This would contrast with all the human-level conversations you may be having these days, political or about particular relationships or otherwise.

What is the impact on anyone, living with somebody who smokes weed daily?

Energetically it’s confusing. JOE may be a beautiful being, but if he’s a pothead he’s not busy being human. In his consciousness and personal tastes, he’s now astral (for all energetic intents and purposes).

If you live with a frequent flyer, by way of marijuana:

• Don’t try to understand him.
  • Don’t seek to reason with him.
  • Limit your expectations for the relationship.

Interact on the surface of life and make your relationship the best it can be.Maybe you might also question why you are staying in the relationship. Evaluate from YOUR point of view, because that relationship may be worth keeping, yet have a significant tradeoff. Don’t dismiss problems just because you are choosing to maintain the relationship.

As for the impact on a child of living with a pothead

It’s even harder on a child, more confusing. If you have responsibility for that child, do what you can to protect your child.

What if the child living with a pothead is an empath?

It’s even harder on a child who is an empath. And you’re quite right, ISABELLE. Children who are born as empaths are born unskilled.

People do not become skilled empaths until they become skilled.

Any child, whether an empath or not, needs protection from routine interaction with a pothead.

What happens anyone has sex with someone who uses cannabis or ‘harder’ drugs?

If sex is part of the equation, know that you take on a great deal of astral drek any time you are intimate physically. You can read more about this in “Aura Reading Through All Your Senses.”

Inform yourself and then make your lifestyle choices.

What happens if the one having sex with the drug user is an unskilled empath?

Exactly the same sort of mess. Not recommended.

On a cheerier note

Two words, not spoken lightly: Free will.

Yes, you have that. If you insist on using it, you sure can.

• Blog-Buddies, nobody is making you smoke marijuana, right? If you have been a user you can stop.
  • If you can’t stop on your own, there are dedicated experts who can help you, plus 12-step programs.
  • If you have been in recovery from pot and would like some extra support, you might consider sessions of aura healing and transformation. Moving out STUFF and adding PUT-IN that really helps you… this can make a huge difference.

In years to come, Energy Spirituality may be widely recognized as a powerful way to support the recovery process. Before then, you can avail yourself of this resource. Stay ahead of the crowds!

As for living with a pothead, having sex with a pothead, etc.? For heaven’s sake, use your free will.

There’s only one clear way to protect yourself. Find a way to make an exit plan.

Those are street smarts, pure and simple. Of course empaths, like anyone else, can develop street smarts and use them.

Isabelle says:

Dear Rose, thank you so much for writing about my answers and also about this topic.

Very private, but I grew up with a family member consuming cannabis daily (only evenings and not with us being in the same room).

Isabelle says:

I saw relationships become distanced and cold because one part could not give up the addiction.

It has had a huge impact in my life to witness this.

It is frustrating to feel love for someone but not be able to have normal conversations.

Isabelle says:

If one observes someone who has smoked weed daily for almost forty years (!) (like my family member) …one can tell the problems that are caused by marijuana.

That person comes over as pretty strange sometimes, very confused and confusing.

Isabelle says:

And this I say as frequent flyer myself, not caused by drugs but by unskilled empath merges (thankfully now learning to become a skilled empath) and having been close to spiritual addiction.

Most people I know who smoke marijuana are definitely addicted to it but would never admit this (as it is with most addictions).

Isabelle says:

You are right when saying that one should stop to try to understand that person and to limit ones expectations for the relationship…

Unfortunately, the potheads I know would not understand (want to understand) if I told them about frozen blocks and STUFF.

I think it is time to move on and stop these endless discussions and stop trying to fix them…

🙂

Thank you for this courageous sharing, ISABELLE.

When you asked those questions, I had a hunch you weren’t just asking for the sake of some theoretical chit-chat.

Emily says:

As someone who used to date a pothead (who by the end of the relationship was smoking weed every single evening… I agree that you cannot really get any explanation out of them.

You can’t really expect much at all. I didn’t realise how low my own expectations were until I broke up with them and then met my current boyfriend. Not only does he not smoke weed, he was very willing to promise to never smoke weed as part of my dealbreakers for the relationship.

The pothead on the other hand… “I can’t believe you could even ask such a question… that’s so disrespectful. […] It’s impossible to be addicted to weed”…

Emily says:

Isabelle, I can relate to your relationship with your relative becoming distant and cold. The relationship just became more and more unsatisfying and shallow. And the reasons he gave got stranger and even less believable.

From using it to “relax” on weekends to needing it to relax every evening. He needed it when he was angry with his mother… [smacking head emoji here] and to enjoy listening to music.

In fact, I once booked a mini-trip away to a nearby town while I has on sick leave and had a cast and was feeling a bit of cabin fever.
    Mind you I had booked a BnB and on the day of it, he decides he’s so annoyed with his mother he needs to smoke weed and therefore can’t drive that evening to go out for the dinner and mini-trip away. I wish I broke up with him then and there!

Isabella C says:

“Today’s potent pot is creating a higher risk of psychotic disorders”:

Isabella C says:

Part of the pot illusion is that it’s still called by the same name, even though it’s so much stronger than it used to be. The pot of the past is not the same as the pot of today. But the same beliefs about harmlessness persist. (Not that it was ever harmless.)

Also, with the way energies are today, after the shift, I think it is easier for people to consider their hallucinatory experiences completely real. So once the trip is over… the trip isn’t really over. They don’t come back into human frequencies like before. And this is considered “mind expansion,” sadly.

EMILY, thank you so much for that powerful example of long-term results from smoking marijuana.

Your ex-boyfriend’s experiences perfectly match what I have found with clients who were involved with other long-term uses of supposedly “safe” weed.

Nothing in life comes for free. Ecstatic experiences included. Either you pay in advance to earn it or you pay after getting the artificial quickie.

ISABELLA C., both your comments here strike me as really important.

I read the article you linked to, and the opened up some of the links within it. Wow!

Pot is more than twice as strong, compared to 1990.

I haven’t searched for statistics today, but remember having read that the grass being sold in 1990 was already 22 times as strong as the version sold in the 1960’s.

As for your Comment #10, ISABELLA C,I couldn’t agree with you more.

A very important observation about the typical vibrational confusions afflicting so many in this new Age of Aquarius!

Brandi says:

This article says “the roots of addiction aren’t moral failure or physiological compulsion, but rather an existential thirst for connection.” Maybe people are starved for connection to themselves, to God.

Zelda says:

Isabella C, thanks for sharing that article. I like that site. Great articles!

Really stunning news about how different pot is today.

It’s pretty common for me to smell it at least once a day when I’m walking between projects in San Francisco. There always seem to be a few people smoking out on the street. So annoying!

How about the effects of second-hand pot smoke? Can’t be great….

David FB says:

Thanks, Rose. It is a bit troublesome though. If we try to avoid everyone who’s addicted to something that might rub off on us, we’d have to retire to a cave.

Better to become skilled and learn better ways to heal and protect ourselves so we can be around such people without taking it home.

But yes, living with them – much more problematic. How can technique time keep up?

David FB says:

As it happens, I’m just working on an article on addictions. Addictions are actually a natural result of being object-identified. In other words, having an ego that is identified with it’s objects of perception.

This leads to attachments and aversions, both of which lead to addictions – as a grasping for or avoidance of.

David FB says:

This can lead to things like substance abuse, impulse control issues, and behavioral problems. But it also leads to attachments to irrational stories we have about the world, a belief in the importance of our moods, spiritual addiction, and a vast array of what we’d typically describe as quite normal human behaviors.

The solution is of course to discover who we are, beneath the ego attachment. The the ego will let go and the threads of attachment unwind. And that is much aided by self-authority and healing the dreck (aka Stuff) that fogs us up, making it hard to see.

Once again, thanks are due. This time for comments by BRANDI, ZELDA, and DAVID FB.

And, of course, I agree with your observation in Comment 18 that recovery (or drug avoidance) can benefit by removing STUFF permanently, as with techniques of Energy Spirituality.

Regarding your Comment 16, DAVID, I’m not suggesting avoidance of all potheads. Simply not:

* Being in the room with second-hand smoke.
    * Sexual intimacy with the pothead.

And protecting a child can be as simple as explaining, at a level the child can understand, that the parent has a problem with smoking pot.

Then have conversations, as needed.

12-step groups can provide support when a family member has a substance problem.

If your partner’s substance problems worsen, or you can’t see a good future together, then there are many things to attempt, including counseling or an intervention or separation. Or, yes, even an exit plan.

Finally, DAVID FB, perhaps you could clarify what you meant by “How can Technique Time keep up?”

I know what Technique Time means. It’s the rest that baffles me a bit.

Devon says:

The explanation of addictions that resonates the most with me is the one explained in Shari Schreiber’s article Outgrowing Your Addiction.

Schreiber goes into extreme detail in this article, as well as in her other articles, but the third paragraph provides a good summary:

All addiction is caused by suppression of feelings. If we could learn how to Feel our emotions rather than judging or fearing them, ALL addictions and recovery programs would literally cease to exist.

David FB says:

Hi Rose
    What I meant was if you’re in an intimate relationship, etc with someone addicted, there will be the tendency to take on more Stuff than our technique time can process away.

Make sense? Disagree?

David FB says:

Devon – thanks for the link. Will explore the article in more detail.

While the connection between suppression of feelings and addictions is very real and I’d agree with the premise, the issue I have is with the word “all”. There are also subtler forms of addictions that are driven by deeper forms of Stuff/ identification. Mind-driven we could say. Rose refers to spiritual addiction, for example.

In present time, these are largely thought of as “normal” but are actually a consequence of ego-identification and the me story.

All of it arises from a disconnection from who we are deeper within. Connection with that is profoundly healing, both mentally and emotionally, leading to the falling away of addictions.

Emily says:

Devon, you comment 22 is so interesting.

I wonder what addicts self-perceptions of emotional awareness is like in general.

Carla says:

My ex-boyfriend seemed to think that he was getting even closer to his emotions by smoking weed.

I remember him saying things like he could truly experience the emotions, and to use a word he wouldn’t have used…, wallow in the experience of the emotions and turn it around and around in his mind.

David FB says:

Emily – I’ve been to a few energy awareness workshops. Some people experienced their inner life (emotions) as blank or empty. And some a dark and nasty place. That can certainly leave one disinclined to emotional awareness and thus included to acting out less healthy ways to try to fill that.

DAVID FB, that’s a fascinating point. I can’t resist mentioning that STUFF is what causes inner life or emotions to seem blank or empty or repellent.

STUFF can always, always, always be healed.

So if any of you Blog-Buddies know somebody who talks about how he hates to be alone with his thoughts, please encourage him to make use of expert help at releasing that STUFF, whatever effective modality appeals to him.

Isabelle says:

Very interesting to read all your comments.

Emily, your example sounds pretty similar to how I have experienced it.

Isabelle says:

Devon, your quote is very interesting.

From what i have observed people who consume cannabis always need to have some kind of distraction (tv, internet, reading, talking).

The only time they really can be alone with themselves is when they smoke weed. They feel as if they enter some deep philosophical discourse.

Isabelle says:

Whereas sorrow, anger etc. is very very hard for them to handle. It seems as if they want to escape from feelings and thoughts they don’t want to deal with.

Isabelle says:

they often have quite a lot of anger and rage going on, Are not relaxed and peaceful when not smoking. So they use weed as a substitute for ‘coming down’, but what they do is more like going up up up into some kind of sky.

They often have hatred against themselves, fear to experience their emotions.

Today’s blog post begins a series related to this thread. I was inspired by all your comments and questions, Blog-Buddies:

Will says:

So, what does it take for a pot addict to reach the point where they decide to seek help/kick the habit?

Would any ex pot addicts care to share?

I hope we can’t dismiss pot addicts as ‘lost…’