Overcoming challenges in the Age of Aquarius, a guest post by DON

Big congratulations. Human-sized congratulations.

Big congratulations. Human-sized congratulations.

Has anyone congratulated you lately? Well, you deserve it, just getting through the day.

Because these days are being lived in the still-newish Age of Aquarius, when all humans must adjust to the thinning of the veil. It’s all too easy now, moving deeply into astral experience (a.k.a. subconscious frequencies), which can throw us off our game — the game of being human. Energetically the world is different now.

Wars and financial upheavals compound the adjustment needed, due to the new astral dazzle.

Even biologically, we’re having to adapt. As a wise chiropractor was telling me today, the sheer number of chemicals each of us deals with on a daily basis has increased exponentially since the 1980’s. This is being processed by us all the way down to the cellular level.

In my frame of reference, the years from 1980 to 2012 were the big ramp-up to The Shift into the Age of Aquarius. And now we really have something different — potentially wonderful but very different. Every human alive is tasked with getting used to it.

So if you’re having some challenges with all this, take heart. You are anything but alone.

If you can live human-based spirituality, in contrast to spiritual shutdown or spiritual addiction, you’re doing really, really well. Do you have the spunk to actively pursue personal development? That’s downtright superb.

Today this guest post came in from DON, who has been feeling the transitional pains of living now. Mine are the headings and small edits. The courageous voice in today’s article belongs to our Blog-Buddy DON.

Feeling banged up by life

The last 3-6 months have been some of the most challenging of my life. I’ve found myself in myriad difficult circumstances.

For three years or more, I was on a perpetual growth trajectory. Then all sorts of problems began cropping up. Undoubtedly I learned some valuable lessons, which I hope to take forward with me, but I’ve definitely been feeling banged up by life.

It’s difficult because I’ve felt very empowered by Rosetree Energy Spirituality. The different skill sets I have learned have helped me to make big changes and grow. But ultimately that hasn’t kept me from having to live in this crazy-messy world.

Social skills, common sense, a backbone, and more than a smidge of skepticism… are as vital as cutting cords of attachment.

Personally, I hope I’m paying back some karma. But either way I’ve revised a lot of my thinking models as they relate to my approach to different aspects of life. Hopefully this will pay off in years to come; I keep doing my human best to sidestep potential challenges.

I’m reconsidering some things, too

Above all, these trials have awakened humility and forced me to reconsider what is truly important, why I’m on the earth in the first place.

Although we may be cool, fancy, way-ahead-of-our-time aura readers and energy healers, ultimately we’re as helpless as anyone else when dealing with the whims of fortune . We can’t control others, nor can we control the moods of karma or the universe.

I saw a short HBO documentary tonight about people who collect cans and bottles for a living on the streets of New York. They do back-breaking work to make 30 or 40 bucks (on a good day).

Many are homeless, or live in tenement-style buildings. People yell at them and harass them. They’re ridiculed, looked down upon. In general they live difficult, miserable lives. It’s a heart-breaking documentary.

The other day I read that Martin Luther King Jr. said that ingratitude is the greatest of all sins. I don’t remember the reasoning behind it, but I remember that he made a lot of sense.

Gratitude, despite all the challenges

As I sat there watching one of these bottle-collecting women talk about her job — consisting of picking through garbage for five cents a can — she had her two sons there with her. They looked down, looked away from the camera, ashamed and embarassed. I welled up with more sadness and compassion than I had felt for a long time, for these people, for their squalid, forgotten lives.

It felt good to feel sad. It felt good to feel compassion. I remembered how awful our world is for so many, for the billions forced to work back-breaking jobs for pennies.

I gave thanks for how easy I have it in comparison. For all the luxuries in my life. For the freedom and economic mobility I have. For a house, a car, eating out at restaurants, for air travel, for the Internet.

Although it doesn’t lessen the pain of rejection, deceit, and betrayal, gratitude reminds me how blessed I am in so many ways. I have to give thanks, and spread kindness, for the sake of that.

Kira says:

I really like this post, Don.

Zelda says:

Great post, DON. I can relate. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks for sharing about the documentary, too. It’s a good perspective-setter and reminder for those moments of frustration when I forget to be grateful, no matter what’s going on.

I definitely identify with that feeling of being banged up by life. Though at the same time, there’s a new sense of resilience that completely surprises me.

I wonder if other blog buddies have noticed that, too. I think Amanda mentioned that in another thread.

It’s felt like there have been so many challenges in rapid succession over a long period of time, that I can more easily stay balanced, as opposed to crumbling at the first one.

Lilian says:

Good post Don and good comment Zelda! The way I deal with life is to keep strategising and moving forward. The down side of that is that it means that if I’m not getting ahead then I panic I’m moving backwards. That can be counter productive. 3-6 months of being confused is not bad going! I’ve learnt that you sometimes your self esteem has to survive feeling stalled for a while. That is in itself personal growth. 🙂

Isabella C says:

Zelda, that sense of self that can’t be banged up… hmmm… wonder what that is? 😉

Have you considered that you’re experiencing resilience and steadiness because a larger share of your identity is Divine, which was never banged up by any of those experiences in the first place? That’s what your experience sounds like to me.

Happy you’re having that experience, Zelda.

Isabella C says:

Don, thank you for sharing this.

In my experience, when the Divine is a larger part of your personality, a natural sort of humbleness arises because there is nothing to prove. No need to make yourself larger or smaller than others. Just acknowledgement and appreciation.

I hope you are doing well and enjoying your growth.

Zelda says:

Isabella, yep, I figured that was what was happening.

It’s the adjusting to the shifts that takes a minute, I’m finding.

Well over a year ago, in the midst of a health issue, I was doing various energy medicine techniques and was feeling good. But the technology (heart monitor) showed that I wasn’t doing so well at all.

Fast forward to recently, when I took a few hits during some challenges, felt awful, and so was concerned that I was back to having this heart challenge again….and the monitor shows my heart’s been good and steady all along, not an irregularity at all.

Funny! It definitely keeps me focused on the present. 🙂

Great post Don. And yes, Zelda, I can relate to both feeling banged up and having a greater sense of resiliency. And Isabella, you called it! I love your description of enlightenment.

David FB says:

Thanks, Don. Yes, a troubled life. In my city, there are several kinds of people trying to eek out a bit more money. You see seniors patrolling the recycling bins along with the street people. In the place I used to live, I’d sometimes see fights over a few cans.

There is a whole cottage industry built up around this now with special bottle depots. Some walk amazing distances to make their collections.

David FB says:

And what are they collecting? Mostly junk drink containers that the consumers have not bothered to recycle. They treat their bodies and the world with disrespect.

And, as life so often does, another being makes a living off of that.