How to make wiser choices with energetic literacy

What seems like one big choice can sometimes be met with multiple, smaller choices.

Today’s post was inspired by an apparent contradiction at Let’s talk about your name. A counter-culture conversation!

In Comment 11, Blog-Buddy JULIE shared how inspired she was by an interview with the Irish dancer Michael Flatley. He talked about how much resistance other people had to his choice of career. People wanted him to give up dancing, and his father wanted him to go into the construction business. At one point in the interview he said “Everybody’s got an opinion on what you should do. It’s what’s inside yourself that counts.”

By contrast, in Comment 16, Blog-Buddy RACHEL wrote, “I can’t help thinking that for every 100 people who want to be dancers, who feel it deep in their soul, only 1 of them is going to make it. The rest probably WOULD be better off going into construction (or some other alternative).” And she added another great comment that you can read for yourself as Comment #28.

(I recommend you read that whole thread, either before or after today’s article. So many heartfelt depth comments! Really, comments from you Blog-Buddies are such a lively, wise source of information here at the blog.)

Both JULIE and RACHEL are right. Today’s article aims to add more perspective on making wise choices by adding the perspective of — what else — deeper perception.

Common Sense First, Please

Pay attention to objective reality, little things like how many people you know who make a living at dance compared to how many take dance classes, major in dance instruction in college, etc. RACHEL’s example of 1 in 100 was a try in the right direction. I’d guess 1 in 10,000. Do any of you Blog-Buddies know, realistically, the odds of earning a living as a professional dancer?

If you’re really interested in pursuing a career, there is no substitute for knowing about objective reality.

And maybe at your time in life, you have a year to experiment and try to catch a break in a field with very small odds of success. That’s different from deciding, I’ll dreamboard and visualize really hard. Then I can quit my day job and pursue life as a dancer. Law of attraction will fix everything else.

Energies, spiritual work, self-healing — these are really important. Just never, ever, as a substitute for common sense about human reality. Now here come three practical suggestions for making smart choices, when depth aura reading is available to supplement your common sense.

Thrilling Your Soul Is Not a Career

A career is a way to make money, and also to contribute to society. Maybe even to be a world server. Career does not need to be equated with big, shiny “Life Purpose.”

Career also means “Your day job.”

Have you ever heard of Abraham Maslow, Ph.D.? The great humanistic psychologist brought a big upgrade to collective consciousness, and common sense, when he introduced the concept of Hierarchy of Needs. This is must reading for any adult who wishes to have a fulfilling life. It’s also highly recommended for pursuing householder Enlightenment, too.

If your day job thrills your soul, so much the better. However, the sort of passion JULIE wrote about does not guarantee that a person’s need for survival will be met.

Make it your business to deal with business enough so that you can survive. No Law of Attraction will magic that away.

In fact, a spiritual bypass will do just the opposite. My how-to about becoming more successful financially, “Magnetize Money with Energy Spirituality,” begins with my sharing a story about a friend brought to the verge of bankruptcy because she worked really hard at all the LOA and Abraham-Hicks teaching.

Soul Thrill Takes Just One Hour a Day to Maintain

Once you find activities in life, choices that work well to thrill your soul, here’s the good news. All it takes is 60 minutes per day, doing any combination of choices that really thrills your soul, and you will have a healthy High Heart Chakra Databank for Soul Thrill.

How are you to find what thrills your soul? Best choice is to have proper research done, because many of us have no clue about soul thrill, not consciously. (See resources at the end of the article.0

Your second best choice is this:

Know that you have a potential to find life exciting, delightful. To live in the moment, while you are doing a particular activity. To be re-energized. To feel like yourself. To feel good about yourself.

Don’t confuse this with pleasing other people. Or pleasing God. Or doing things just because other people tell you, “It’s popular.”

Doing what thrills your soul makes you feel like a dog, wagging your tail with excitement.

You’ll find that choosing from activities that thrill your soul doesn’t require big drama in how you live your life. Keep your day job. Then include in your day any combination of activities that does thrill your soul — coloring with crayons, practicing the piano, doing brain training exercises, walking a treadmill while listening to favorite podcasts from “Fresh Air,” vacuuming the carpet.

For Career Changes, Avoid Drama

Over the years, I have had many a client who was promised something like this:

“If you burn all your bridges, that’s commitment. God will reward you. You will be richly blessed.” OR

“Find your passion and don’t let anyone or anything stop you. Go all in. That’s the only way you can make it.”

Frankly, I can’t think of worse advice. It’s terrible advice, and if anyone gives it to you, please question the source. Or simply run far away from that advice giver.

Okay, I can think of one bit of advice that’s worse: Fearing God. As in the expression, a fine God-fearing Christian. Didn’t  work so great in the Middle Ages, and it doesn’t work any better now. IMHO.

What if you aim to change your career? Plan. Make sensible plans.

If at all possible, begin part-time and build it up to full time.

3. Check All Career Ideas with the Tricky Word “Famous”

A famous ice skater. A famous actor. A famous musician.

Look, we live at a time of collective attention deficit disorder. All of us have been programmed by society to aim for fame.

At least unless we question the wisdom of following that programming.

It is all too easy to believe it’s “Original” or “My purpose” to have the thought “I will become a famous chef” or whatever.

Every reality show about chefs is, directly or indirectly, programming you.

Every talk show interview when a celebrity gushes, “I always knew I wanted to be an actress.”

Right! Three-year-olds have all sorts of ideas of what they would like to be when they grew up.

Back in the day, my Dad’s big ambition was to work in a mustard factory. Living where he did, in Germany, he liked to eat mustard. My Dad also grew up before television, of course.

Dare to be counter-culture and aim to get a life, a fulfilling and meaningful life. Not to seek fame.

4. When Evaluating Your Choices, Understand This

If we are longing for something, there can be many ways to get it.

For instance, GLADYS has always wanted to be a mother.

She might assume this means, “Must get married.” Or “Must freeze my eggs.” Or “Must find a love partner who can give me a child.”

But if she thinks in a creative manner, she might become a Big Sister (with an organization that matches an adult volunteer to a child who needs adult help). Or volunteer once a week at the childcare facility at her local church, where babies are cared for during the survice. Or many, many other choices that can help her address that longing in a way that doesn’t bend the rest of her life out of shape.

Sometimes we get to have a big lifestyle support of what we desire. Sometimes, guess what? We don’t.

In which case we can arrange details and other choices that might seem minor yet they don’t have to be.

If you have an unmet longing, it’s also worth exploring how some aura-level healing might be important. STUFF can drive a desire and masquerade as “Soul thrill.” You might be shocked to discover how often STUFF in a person’s aura is confused with Life Purpose.

So yes, longings do matter. But so does the rest of your life.

If You’re Going to Read Auras, Do Dedicated Aura Reading Research

Sure, I believe in dedicated aura reading research about choices. Very often I do it for clients. I do it for myself.

Even so, it’s not enough to say, “I’ll look at my colors and then decide.”

It’s really important to distinguish between aura reading done as a psychic reading versus energetic literacy.

Here I’m just writing about what I know, use, believe in.

What can you learn about making choices when you use Stage Three Energetic Literacy (regular, fluent aura reading skills)?

People are at least as complicated subconsciously as we are consciously.

This is why it is important to drill down to the level of detail of chakra databanks. Not to settle for Stage One or Stage Two Energetic Literacy. You can learn to do Stage Three Energetic Literacy from this book, or by taking my Aura Reading Level 1 Workshop, which will offered once this year, in June 2015.

To be very clear, however, learning to read auras is just the beginning of practical skill sets. For aura healing (like cutting cords of attachment) and also for doing specialized aura reading research about choices. Yes, you can learn to do this, but at this time you would learn it through personal mentoring with me.

One session of this type one time might be all that you need. So do your own cost-benefit analysis for getting those skills.

The kind of research that I do for clients is called Thrill Your Soul Aura Reading Research. It includes doing Name Alignment Research. More often, I’m checking out research items like foods and creative activities and career — all sorts of life choices.

If I were not so busy with the other specialties of Energy Spirituality, I could make it my full-time job. Same for those I have trained as graduates and apprentices in Rosetree Energy Spirituality. Contact any of us and we can facilitate this sort of research for you.

Rachel says:

A really good summary of the various issues and nuances on this subject, Rose.

I just happened to read an article with a quote that seems to encapsulate what you’re suggesting, to take care of basic matters first, before pursuing lofty dreams; the article is from the Economist, and is about whether higher education is “worth it.”

Here’s the quote:

“After God had carried us safe to New England, and we had builders our houses, provided necessaries for our livelihood, reared convenient places for God’s worship and settled Civil Government, one of the next things we longed for and looked for was to advance learning and perpetuate it to posterity.”

That was from the first university fundraising brochure, sent from Harvard College to England in 1643.

So basically yeah, once security needs have been met, I guess it is natural to seek a deeper fulfilment, one that really speaks to the soul :-).

David FB says:

Great points, Rose. But I will say you also want to do. To try things, to find out how it works for you in real life. And not just be following the “supposed to’s”. 😉

This is great advice Rose. After years of reading “follow your bliss” career guides I read an interesting book called “So Good They Can’t Ignore You” by Newport.

The author talks about how people are going at it backwards when they pursue bliss first.

He says that you have to first start working at entry level in a field (with some potential to interest you and that you have experience/skills for) and learn enough about that field to find out what (next step) skills are necessary to succeed in it, develop those skills, and get far enough into that field so that you can find something that is deeply interesting to you.

Thanks, DAVID. Here’s the wild thing about your comment. “You also want to do… and not just be following the ‘supposed to’s.”

Sounds like choices that thrill your soul!

Too many times to count, a client has been valiantly struggling to do “supposed to’s.” And what happens at the level of chakra databanks?

The High Heart Chakra Databank for Soul Thrill is completely shut down. With a quality of chronically being ignored.

Of course, that chakra databank can come back from shutdown. Every chakra databank can. We’re immensely resilient here at Earth School.

Still, the whole point of this series of articles on doing what thrills your soul, and Name Alignment, are about doing those things you just want to do — that won’t get you in trouble.

Then just be sure to also do enough things to meet your security needs, which can still be done at the same time.

And wow, there’s a great life!

You don’t start out with a job with creativity, autonomy, passionate engagement. That comes when you get to the cutting edge of a field.

You earn that job by developing skills that other people in the field don’t have.

I’ve been following that advice ever since.

I am developing skills that many other librarians don’t have and I have now learned enough about my field to know where the most interesting positions to me are in that field, and how I can get those positions.

This is the kind of information I could not have known as a college student. I used to wrack my brains then to find something I was passionate about pursuing.

I thought something was wrong with me because I didn’t already know what I wanted to do.

Now I realize, I simply didn’t know enough then about the working world or my own skills to have any idea what kind of job would be soul thrilling.

I also had the misconception that my job had to have a Big purpose…a misconception that working with Rose corrected.

KYLIE, thank you so much. All over the Internet you can find advice to seek passion, passion, passion. This can lead to so much heartache, so little money.

Blog-Buddies, do you have friends who are struggling over this? Perhaps mixed in with wacky ideas about Law of Attraction, like those I debunked in “Magnetize Money with Energetic Literacy“? (Debunked and supplied alternatives to.)

I invite you to send friends over to this blog post and, especially, to these wise comments from KYLIE. As for So Good They Can’t Ignore You” — that sounds like a great graduation gift.

Julie says:

I liked what you said, Rose about one big choice sometimes being met with multiple, smaller choices. And needs being fulfilled in creative ways, rather than “It has to be a certain way”.

Julie says:

Just to add perspective to Kylie’s comments, and I only say this because I know her, and because she has told me:

She has HUGE soul thrill at her jobs. That’s how she is able to reach a level of both technical skill and passionate engagement.

I am familiar with the book described. In my opinion, it only works if both components are there.

Technical skill, proficiency, commitment, a conscientious work attitude? Great.

The soul thrill? That gives the glow (wink).

Happy says:

I don’t want to admit it, but the one about being famous really sounded familiar to me. I used to think, I think I still do now to an extent that fame more or less is desirable. I didn’t even think that it could be media pushing all these people in your face that could cause that until I read this article.

I’m going to give it a rest and start treating these people as what they are supposed to be, entertainers for a while and see how it turns out.

This is a great article, it helped me a lot. 🙂

Julie says:

Doing the things you just want to do, that won’t get you trouble!

Love that, Rose.

HAPPY, this comment has really made my day. The funny thing is, once you let go the desire to be famous, a huge pressure is off.

At this blog you can find many aura readings and face readings of celebrities whose lives have been more-or-less wrecked due to fame.

Just yesterday I read a little mention in “The Washington Post” about dear John Hamm, recently out of rehab for drinking.

One of my favorite actors, and able to be sooooo funny.

The idea that fame makes people happy is one of the biggest illusions on earth, particularly now.

David FB says:

Thanks Rose. And Kylie.

We could say follow your bliss where you are rather than look for it out there somewhere. Go where opportunity leads you. What unfolds is not an accident.

Several times in my life I’ve started in an entry level job, seen a way to do it better, and that organization became a leader in it’s field as a result. Sometimes, my salary would skyrocket with this. In one case, what we created became it’s own company.

It does make the resume a little more problematic though as employers look for people who can sit in a box. Not people who make a new one. 😉

Rachel says:

@David – that would only happen in the private sector though…

I guess that’s one of those considerations when choosing a career, the fixed, rigid nature of the public sector that values continuity over change, versus that freedom in the private sector when ability and innovation might actually be rewarded 🙂

Great comments, everyone. Julie, I have huge soul thrill in my jobs now, but it was not apparent to me when I started entry level library jobs in libraries that that would be the case. But I decided to stick with it instead of switching to teaching or social work, because I had the most experience in this field, and I’m glad I did. Of course I also had aura research sessions with Rose at that time, that helped me to eliminate the social work option. Teaching could have been a good fit, but what I’ve found is that there are plenty of ways to teach as a librarian…

David, I love that example.

David FB says:

Hi Rachel
    Actually – I’ve done this in public sector too. No promotion or compensation for it though, but for example, the developer I hired to build the software I designed has made a good living at it since. And it’s changed how that municipal function is done in much of the country.

I’ve also created partnerships with competitors to improve the quality of source materials. And done public sector partnerships to consolidate buying power.

The larger the organization, the slower they tend to move. But I’ve seen ideas implemented some years after I left…(laughs)

David FB says:

To some extent, it depends on your role in earth school. Some are here to create, some to sustain, some to transform, others to protect, and others to complete.

So true, DAVID, your Comment 22. I, for one, am so grateful that you are here in this life to create.

And what a lifetime of achievement this has been.

So much for the idea, discussed earlier today at the blog, that fame is the measure of a life’s worth.

David FB says:

Thanks, Rose.
    This is more apparent in retrospect. At the time, more the messy struggle of life in Stuff. Success mixed with failure and a lot of apparent running around in circles.

Happy says:

Hello ROSE, that’s another good point, that some famous people do not appear happy with their lives. It seems that there is pressure in maintaining a specific image to the audience that has an effect on daily life and not just on screen.

So many things I hear about famous people but didn’t take them seriously until recently.

Happy says:

Now that I have read most of the comments in this post, I find it interesting how different people focus on different things, for instance I was focused on the part about fame while others, from looking at their posts, were more focused on soul thrill and purpose.

Different people do have different ways of thinking. 🙂

Kira says:

It occurred to me right now while reading the comments that my own former desire for fame might have actually been more of a desire to justify wanting to do creative arts as a way of life. I seem to have believed that it’s only acceptable to do music or art as a career if you’re famous. (Or that being famous is the only way to make money at it.)

Fascinating, KIRA!

HAPPY, thanks for your insightful comments, too.

DAVID, RACHEL, KYLIE, JULIE — each of you is adding so much to this highly counter-culture, post-New Age Thread. Many cheers!

Jean says:

Yes I second you in your comment #28 Rose.

Thank you everyone for these great comments…and thank you Rose!