Cutting cords of attachment as energetic LIFE INSURANCE

Cords of attachment don't look like this. But they're just as real at the astral level of your energy field.

Cords of attachment don’t look like this. But they’re just as real at the astral level of your energy field.

Did you know the protective value of cutting cords of attachment, how it can serve as an energetic form of protection for you? Really, I wouldn’t dream of NOT cutting my cord of attachment to a new friend, an important work associate, or a neighbor JOE who has just begun playing loud music late at night.

For the sake of the future, if not for the present.

If you know much about cutting cords of attachment, you know this

1. Cutting a cord of attachment does not cut — or end — a relationship at the human level.
  2. Cutting a cord of attachment does not end a spiritual tie. The energetically beautiful part of a relationship.
  3. Cutting a cord of attachment does not impact the cordee in any way, human or energetic. It is an appropriate use of your free will to cut your personal cord of attachment.
  4. Cutting a cord of attachment with skills will be an effective, permanent healing. Anyone who says, “I cut all my cords of attachment” or “I meditated to cut my cords of attachment” might as well take a selfie and tag it as “Someone who could learn how to cut cords of attachment some day. But sure doesn’t know yet.” (Hey, I guess that tag would be a little long.)
  5. The idea of cutting cords of attachment only if the relationship has been BAD — is ridiculous!

Why? Think about the implications. I’ve had occasion to do that, as I have done professional work cutting cords of attachment in many, many thousands of sessions of Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

Why cutting a cord of attachment is like life insurance

The contents changes. The “Cord Items” in any cord of attachment are the essence of it. The particular set of Cord Items are distinctive a form of astral-level torment. At that astral, or psychic level within you (the level corresponding to your subconscious mind) every one of the Cord Items repeats.

At least once per day. Often far more frequently.

Energetically, emotionally, chemically, this recycles within you.

So how will the contents change within a cord of attachment?

From bad to worse. Whatever is more upsetting to you as a soul will take the place of what used to be there before.

Of course, the contents will change without your consciously knowing what happens.

Also, did you know this?

The cordee need not be present for a new set of Cord Items to be dumped into your cord of attachment.

Say that you go on a first date with JOE. By the time you accept that date, you’ve already got a cord of attachment to him, as this begins the first time you become interested in a person.

It’s a lovely date. You even decorate it with sex. Woo-hoo!

Early in that relationship, the overall yuckiness of that cord of attachment might be 1 on a scale that goes up to 10. (I call that the “Yuckiness Index,” when I research that as part of helping a client to select a productive choice for cutting a cord of attachment.)

Later you break up. From then on, you never speak to JOE again.

Gee, think that your cord of attachment goes buh-bye?

Guess again.

Years later you find out he has fathered a love child, born by a celebrity you just can’t stand. I won’t say her name. Let’s just say, it isn’t Voldemort.

Soon as you hear the news, horrible new Cord Items enter your cord of attachment to JOE. To recycle in your subconscious mind and aura every day until the last minutes of your life.

Yet one more reason to learn to cut cords of attachment for yourself, which you can definitely learn to do, using the 12 Steps to Cut Cords of Attachment(R). or have some sessions of Energy Spirituality where this is your Healing Centerpiece. All these experts can help you, not just me.

Of course, this form of life insurance has no premiums to pay on a regular basis. Once that cord of attachment is cut, you’re forever free from that pull and tug between you and the cordee. Ah! Like the opposite of having a pollen allergy in springtime!

Sarah says:

Ahhh, if only cutting cords of attachment could make this pollen allergy go away! 😉

Beautifully described, Rose. I think you clear up a LOT of common misunderstandings here. I even took a class the other day in which we were told that “it is unnecessary and delusional” to cut cords of attachment.

Sarah says:

This made me so sad!! I am sure that they were conflating cords of attachment with spiritual ties (as you call them).

Sarah says:

Similarly, anyone who “cuts all cords” every day is probably thinking of what you call astral ties (not mentioned in this post, but elsewhere) not cords of attachment. At least that’s my guess.

You do such an excellent job of making these distinctions, and you really are a pioneer in this way. Hopefully others will follow your lead.

Thanks, SARAH. Yes, many people confuse spiritual ties with cords of attachment.

Learn more about that in “Cut Cords of Attachment for Self-Healing” or “Cut Cords of Attachment: Heal Yourself and Others with Energy Spirituality.”

As for astral ties, yes, healing them is a separate skill set, which you can learn so easily — along with other skills — from “Use Your Power of Command for Spiritual Cleansing and Protection.”

What’s delusional? Now there are plenty of books and classes on that one. 😉

David FB says:

Hi Rose

Just for clarity, do you have to hear the news for the cord to get updated? Or will it do that anyway?

I do have the book but have not gotten far into it yet. 😉

Rose, I think this is such an important point to bring up.

I find that among the cords I’ve cut (many) some of the most powerful healings came from cords that I wasn’t even sure I should cut, because I thought they would be “ones” on the yuckiness index.

Sometimes the cords were worse because that individual had/has a lot of stuff, and even though our relationship was good, as a (previously unskilled) empath I might have taken a lot of stuff on.

Sometimes you have a good relationship with someone in this life, but many past not-so-good lives with that person.

Sometimes it’s just that the relationship with that person bothers you much more subconsciously than you ever realized.

We can get into the habit of sweeping so many things under the rug, and not even realize how irritated, annoyed, uncomfortable, etc. they make us.

At this point, I cut any cord that my intuition nudges me in the direction of cutting, whether it makes senses to me logically that that might be a bad cord or not.

DAVID, abour your question in Comment 6, of course you need to learn news, receive information, or personally have information that you directly experience.

Why? It is your cord of attachment.

These are not freestanding structures, like a weathervane.

Everything about your cord of attachment is your business.

Intriguing question! I guess I’m so used to cords of attachment that this idea had never occurred to me, and I found it hard to even wrap my mind around the question.

So a question back to you? Were you able to wrap your mind around my answer? 😉

KYLIE, thank you so much for every word in this sequence.

Isn’t it amazing how people can think your conscious mind is involved in the contents of a cord of attachment?

In reality, it is a subconscious structure, at the astral level.

So it is always a mistake to try to consciously relate to Cord Items, or remember whichever incident was involved in the cord.

What does matter? You will learn about logical consequences, specific and very personal results for improvement in your life. These are likely to occur as a result of cutting that particular cord of attachment.

Logical consequences — human-level results: That is where to look for validation.

Zofia says:

Good points Kylie!

“I find that among the cords I’ve cut (many) some of the most powerful healings came from cords that I wasn’t even sure I should cut”

True, I’ve been surprised at what cords come to mind when thinking about cutting cords. Like you said, it may well be the cords that you subconsciously try to “sweep under the rug” that are the most important to cut. Personally, I’m starting to understand that if my conscious rhetoric about a person is something about what a wonderful person they are and how they are a better person than me (ie overcompensating for how uncomfortable they make me) then I know I’m on the right lines.

Zofia, that has been true for me also. I cut a cord recently where a big part of it was the discrepancy between my feeling disrespected by someone who projected a smooth and sincere, “I welcome everyone” manner. As Rose said, it creates a cognitive dissonance when something like that happens. “He/she welcomes and appreciates everyone but not me!” Instead of questioning that person’s sincerity, I questioned my own worth.

Sarah says:

Kylie and Zofia–how insightful!

I had never even thought about how some of the ugliest cords might be with people we don’t consciously feel the “ick” from.

Sarah says:

I haven’t yet learned to cut my own cords (soon! :)), but I know that in the first session I had with Rose where she facilitated cutting a cord of attachment for me, the name which popped into my head for a candidate didn’t make any sense at all.

She was someone now out of my life, not an ex or a family member, and she had no obvious connection to my intention for the session.

But boy did I get annoyed every time I thought about her!! Sometimes it even kept me up at night, how annoyed I was.

Sarah says:

But when that cord was cut, it was such a dramatic change for me.

I remember feeling so much more relaxed after the session that I immediately went to sleep and slept all afternoon, haha!!

And I haven’t been annoyed by that particular person’s past bad behavior since.

Who knew an old roommate could cause such unnecessary angst for so many years! It’s easy to laugh now 😀

Nicci says:

I still struggle with understanding why cords of attachment are created in the first place. What’s the point if we are better off cutting them as soon as we are aware of them? I asked this on here once before and the answer I got was “learning”, but that didn’t help me either! What are we supposed to learn from them, what happens if we cut it? Does that mean that we don’t learn from it? Wouldn’t it be better if they just didn’t exist in the first place?

Nicci says:

And I have another question? Is is ok to cut a child’s cords of attachment on their behalf? So for example, if I adopted a child, would it be ethical to cut the child’s cord with their birth family?
    Or would they have to wait until they were 18 and could make that decision for themself?
    What about birth children? If they were upset by a teacher, would it be ethical to cut that cord on their behalf, even if they might not truely understand the logical consequences?

NICCI, thank you for pursuing a more satisfying answer, since the first one didn’t work for you.

I hope this one helps but if it doesn’t, let me know, okay, Dear Heart?

Your question needs to be put into context for a proper answer, seems to me.

This question belongs with other perfectly good questions a person might ask:

* Why do I have a face?
    * Why is it different from faces of other people?
    * Why does my heart beat?
    * Why do we have weather, when I would prefer sunny skies every day?

That’s just how earth is, right?

You can take it up with the creator, if you wish for a completely satisfying answer.

Otherwise, you can toss around Q&A for a good long time, as long as you wish.

On the level of aura reading, NICCI, these are also facts of life:

* Spiritual ties
    * Cords of attachment
    * Many forms of STUFF that are NOT cords of attachment

Personally I don’t have a lot of interest in discussing the WHY? Or “What the heck was God thinking, geesh!”

Personally I would rather get on with making life better. That’s why I teach skills. And use skills.

Zofia says:

Lol, I’m glad you can get a good night’s sleep again, Sarah!

It’s interesting, isn’t it? The cause and effect of stuff removal. Our conscious mind does it’s best to provide a working model about what’s going on, but it’s just enough to keep you sane, rather than be accurate.

I love how precise Rose’s techniques are. It’s exactly how I thought about things when I first went on my healing quest back in 2009. “I have “stuff” and I need it to go so I can get on with life.” It’s amazing that these permanent stuff removal techniques can actually be found!

Nicci says:

Thanks for your response Rose. I fuss needing to know why is not productive

Nicci says:

Oops autocorrect. That should read “guess” not “fuss”.

Thanks, ZOFIA and NICCI.

NICCI, I guessed about that “guessed.” 😉

About that question in your Comment 22, NICCI, I never ever facilitate sessions on behalf of somebody who is not my client at the time of the session.

Can any of you Blog-Buddies suggest why this is would be a pretty important policy to have when working in the field of Energy Spirituality?

Nicci says:

I think it is to do with self.authority. People have to chose the healing they want and be fully committed to it.

Does that mean children have to wait until they are adults to cut a cord? How can they be helped to deal with all the STUFF that they get through their childhood?

Emily says:

Zofia, your comment 16 was like a lightbulb for me. I have been putting someone on a pedestal recently and now that I think about it… There are things in our past that I tend to not acknowledge. Especially since this is a work situation, there hasn’t been a way to consciously address those things.

Hmm glad I started learning to cut cords of attachment recently!

How to help children grow up in this Age of Aquarius — that’s a superb idea for a big new article, NICCI. Thanks for the inspiration.

To avoid your being in suspense before I work my way over to that…

One way or another, the kids will be fine. Children are amazingly resilient. So please don’t worry about this.

SunshineSoul says:

I think it would be fabulous to see an article/book come out on teaching children Empath Empowerment. <3

Zelda says:

I’ve had 2 very interesting experiences recently cutting cords of attachment.

In each case, these were not people I had had a particularly bad interaction with. In one case, I’d never spoken to the person. In the other, I have a good relationship.

In one case, all the cord items were mine; in the other, the vast majority were mine.

It was as if years of frustration and various concerns had become focused or highlighted in the relationship to the person.

I need to have a work-related conversation about money with one of the individuals soon.

I’m so grateful to have been able to remove the charge that would have undoubtedly been present had I not cut the cord to this person.