Empath Skills Hasten Enlightenment

Sandra Haering, a skilled empath who has moved into Enlightenment

Sandra Haering, a skilled empath who has moved into Enlightenment

Empath Skills Hasten Enlightenment. In this guest post, RES Apprentice SANDRA HAERING describes how Empath Empowerment® made a big difference. While aiming “To live a life of love in thought, word, and deed.”

I’m a member of that growing group of people in Householder Enlightenment.  It was never my objective to become Enlightened.  I did have a goal for decades, however, which was: “To live a life of love in thought, word, and deed.”

How self-denying; how holy!  At least that was how I interpreted that goal.  In retrospect, I was probably aiming for a type of Enlightenment more typical of religious devotees secreted away in convents, monasteries or caves.

The problem was that I didn’t live in a cave, but amongst many family, friends and strangers.  I was also an unskilled empath.

A Dangerous Combination

That is a dangerous combination, a person who:

• Personally feels everyone’s physical and emotional pain, and
  • Believes she needs to love and help them.

I was not successful at living my goal, particularly with the loving thoughts.  I was also intensely miserable.  This drove me to look for help.

Nothing worked until I found Rose and her blog.  I immediately purchased “Become the Most Important Person in the Room

What, put myself first?

Me, become THE most important person in the room? The title brought tears to my eyes.  It was antithetical to my long-held belief that everyone else comes first.

I realized that when I walked into a room, everyone else became more important.  What I thought and felt? It faded.

Even when my own special self would rise up and start expressing herself, I would stop as soon as someone became disinterested or had a special need to be heard.

I gleefully practiced all of the techniques in the book to circumvent all of the unskilled empath merges I was constantly doing.

It was a tremendous relief to enter a room containing suffering people… and come out unscathed!

What really sealed the deal for me came after I began doing Rose’s “Coming Home” technique. (This is taught in Rose’s Quick & Easy book for basics of Empath Empowerment® and also in the expanded edition — easily twice as long and crammed with inside information.)

Gaining a stronger sense of self

In the “Coming Home” technique you gently explore all aspects of yourself: physical, emotional, etc.

As I practiced this daily, I became more in tune with what I thought and felt.  It was such a loving thing to do for myself.

Eventually I actually became the most important person in the room, to myself.  A little bit later I moved into Enlightenment.

Lots of other things factored into crossing that threshold, but it would not have happened unless I became a skilled empath first.

What is so ironic is that now I probably live more of a life of love than I ever have.  My cup of love for myself is so full, that it overflows to everyone around me.

And I don’t need to feel their pain to love them!

Note from Rose

Thanks, SANDRA for today’s Guest Post.

Blog-Buddies, SANDRA is definitely a skilled empath. And she is on the special Enlightenment Life List of people from this community who have moved into Enlightenment.

SANDRA HAERING is also one of my apprentices. Here is a link to her website, Sandra Haering Healing Services.

And here is a list with her and other experts at Rosetree Energy Spirituality, convenient for making appointments for personal sessions.

Louise says:

Sounds wonderful Sandra. I’m just at the Coming Home part in The Empowered Empath book and balked a bit on of the length of the technique. I see it gets quicker to do it with experience. It sounds like it is well worth something to get started at. I’m looking forward to be a skilled empath more and more of the time. I was visiting a friend last night and thought I did good at not taking on any of her stuff and merging but on the way home could sense her loneliness so I did the “wake up call”.

Rachel H says:

I had a very similar reaction to the first book. It took me a while to even be ok with the idea that it wasn’t horribly selfish to have this goal. I am getting more used to this idea but I still feel guilty. Did other people have any guilt issues when starting empath empowerment? I would love to hear more from Sandra about how she moved past the guilt. Maybe feeling guilty doesn’t have anything to do with being empath.

Sandra says:

Louise, I thought the same thing about the Coming Home technique when I first started doing it. But it does, indeed, get faster.

Congratulations on your success with your friend!

Cathy says:

Sandra, I recall the life of self denial attitude. Been there. Glad you are past that.

Thank you for sharing.

Cathy says:

Louise, you will find after the first couple of times it only takes a few minutes.

I still do Coming Home almost every morning, while I sit and wait for my coffee.

The house is quiet, no one is up yet, and five minutes just makes the whole day an experience worth having.

Cathy says:

First Aid I do in the evening at bedtime.

It doesn’t take long, doing both these techniques. And totally worth it for a life well-lived.

Lilian says:

Hmm, I’ve never really thought about enlightenment and it’s not something I actively seek, as such.

I guess my drive is to not experience unnecessary suffering.

Lilian says:

There’s so much suffering in life that was unavoidable (not being an empath type suffering, circumstantial suffering) that I’ve decided to do as little of it as possible.

Other than that, I think I have all the resources inside me to live the life I want and I don’t really want to be distracted by other people’s ideas of enlightenment. Everyone’s unique. 🙂

CATHY, you have beautifully described how easy it is to make a habit of the “Coming Home” technique.

After a while, you will probably find yourself using the “First Aid” technique far less often, maybe once every few weeks.

The most common mistake for newbies to empath skills is to substitute the “First Aid” technique for everything else in the system of Empath Empowerment.

It’s a pretty avoidable mistake. Because the book that technique is in… contains a systematic way to help you gain empath skills.

I would love if developing empath skills were as easy as doing the “First Aid” technique. Or maybe snapping your fingers and saying “I believe.”

So much of New Age and personal development aims to capitalize on the desire for quick and fast and easy.

All I can say about this system is that it really works. And it takes just a small number of minutes a day to get the hang of it.

At least I respect you’all enough to tell you the truth. And to provide skills that honestly do what is claimed.

LILIAN, thanks for sharing a perspective that is probably shared by many at this blog.

This field of Energy Spirituality includes many different resources, skill sets, fun kinds of article. Just look at that column on the left with the many related categories here.

Consider it, please, like an all-you-can-eat buffet. Just read and comment on those dishes/categories that appeal to you.

RACHEL H., thank you so much for your Comment 2.

I’m sure that SANDRA will respond to your question about guilt. And I’m looking forward to reading it.

If I might share my perspective as well, there are limits to what a blog can offer you. “Guilt issues” are personal. They deserve more than a generalized answer… from anyone.

Seems to me, the best answer to your question is to recommend that you schedule a session of aura healing and transformation with Sandra or me or one of the other energy spirituality experts listed here at the blog. Because subconscious STUFF causes guilt or similar obstacles. Even one personal session can make a world of difference.

Sandra says:

Yes, Rachel H, I did feel guilt in the initial stages. I think you are right that feeling that guilt is more about other things. Sessions of Aura Transformation with Rose definitely helped me with all of that.

It is natural to resist an idea that replaces an old, well-established one. It will happen in its own time.

Best wishes to you!

Sandra says:

To Cathy, Comment 4:

Thank you, sister. I imagine there are a few more of us here at the blog.

Sandra says:

To Lilian, Comments 7 and 8:

I wasn’t looking for enlightenment either, at first. I thought enlightenment was something only the holy masters of various religions attained.

Congratulations on using your own self-authority!

Lilian says:

Maybe. I don’t think I’m as humble as you, Sandra! I have oodles of self authority. :-p My own last steps to enlightenment are about releasing the need to control self and others. Labels such as “enlightenment” just bring thoughts of people with superiority complexes. Venerating holy ones and gurus is not something I vibe with. That’s probably something I’m aiming to leave behind on a soul level.

David B says:

Thanks Sandra. I was shocked at the first part of Become The Most Important book. I was sort of aware I was trying to be invisible, though I worded it differently. But I hadn’t realized why. I was then very surprised to discover how often I was checking others.

The book reframed vast swaths of my life. If anyone’s interested, I touched on a bit of that here:

Sandra says:

Interesting, Lilian.

Unlike you, this lifetime I have had to wake up my own self-authority and power circuits.

Hence my admiration for your very clear and abundant self-authority.

Sandra says:

Thanks, David, for sharing your blog post here.

When Rose asked for my input on how becoming a skilled empath helped me on the path to enlightenment, I wondered: “does an empath have to become skilled in order to progress to enlightenment?”

Apparently not!

Thanks for putting this in perspective for me.

While David’s experience proves that becoming a skilled empath is not necessary for enlightenment, I do believe it can help speed things along.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that I became eligible for the list pretty much immediately after I first gained empath skills in the last quarter of 2012.

David B says:

Adam
    I’d fully agree. A big part of it is clearing Stuff and if you’re busy taking on others crud it doesn’t exactly help.

Worth noting that as group consciousness rises, better techniques arise and faster, smoother progress becomes possible.