Comparing Skilled Empath Merge to Everyday Life in Enlightenment

This photo was taken a few days after I moved into Enightenment in July 2012

This photo was taken shortly after I moved into Enightenment in July 2012

SANDRA HAERING’s recent guest post about Enlightenment as a skilled empath was thought provoking. She sure got me thinking… about the relationship between gaining empath skills and moving into Enlightenment.

Empath skills aren’t part of the usual conversation about Awakening or Enlightenment. But since when was this blog concerned with the usual conversation? About anything?

As an Enlightenment Coach, I treasure my relationships with the folks on my special Enlightenment Life List of people from this community .

• All have moved into Enlightenment since we began working together, one way or another, directly or through my books.
  • Not all are empaths. But those who are empaths did become skilled before moving into Enlightenment.
  • By contrast, Blog-Buddy DAVID moved into Enlightenment decades before he learned about empath skills (one reason why I was so moved that he wrote one of the 10 personal stories from empaths at the end of Quick & Easy book for basics of Empath Empowerment® and also in the expanded edition of “The Empowered Empath.”)

Empath skills as I teach them sure aren’t required for making a shift into Awakeness. But those skills can’t hurt, not if you’re eager to gain Enlightenment.

Blog-Buddies, maybe you’re curious. What’s it like, doing a Skilled Empath Merge? How does this compare with everyday life in Enlightenment?

Today, here’s my perspective.

Enlightenment really is a different state of consciousness

That state of consciousness differs from the regular waking state. Also from sleep or dreaming.

I really could relate to SANDRA’s aspirations for a life of love and, then, her conculsion:

“I probably live more of a life of love than I ever have.”

Everyday Enlightenment can be experienced as any combination of:

• Love
  • Light
  • Power
  • Silence
  • Divine speech infinitely expressing
  • Wisdom
  • Truth
  • Learning
  • Oneness
  • Not-quite-oneness tickling Itself
  • Perfection Everywhere Now
  • Co-creating new waves of perfection
  • The rollicsome adventures of big Divine self walking around in various animal-like human forms
  • And approximately 10,000 other attributes

For me?

Iin general, Enlightenment is mostly love + learning + teaching + service.

But how subjectively does one need to describe it?

A subjective account of Enlightenment would be different for each person. Which is a major reason why this Enlightenment Coach speaks more about objective criteria for gauging Enlightenment.

• Objectively noticed at the level of chakra databanks, using energetic literacy.
  • Not objectively noticed with surface-level human perception.

Enlightenment is the great love story for everyone. Know that it is developing beautifully for you right now, regardless of your state of consciousness.

Enlightenment can become part of the story of The Relationship, the one you have with God (or whatever you call That).

That is why I’ve never been one to talk a lot in public about my personal experience of That relationship. No more than my idea of friendship is to sit around with my gal pals and describe how our various lovers kiss!

The sweetest and most sacred aspects of relationship are not improved by turning them into mere conversation. At least, not for me.

Yet SANDRA has inspired me to describ just a bit about what it’s like for me, in everyday life. Then I can compare it with doing a Skilled Empath Merge. And what that is like for me.

The Enlightenment part

There I am, on Thursday, May 28, 2015.

All afternoon long I have been playing at the Smithsonian Art Museum, the West Wing. Observing portaits, sculptures, photos of people. Great artists have rendered their vision with such skill, passion, clarity, inspiration, persistence. Who would not be moved by these works of art? Each one is a masterpiece.

Leaving the museum, every single person I notice on the street is just as much of a masterpiece.

Standing as if in a portrait, perfectly positioned. Or moving as if in the greatest of movies.

All so natural, exquisite. JOE and GLADYS being themselves, each one a masterpiece.

That’s one possible aspect of life in Enlightenment, you see

Then my friend and I go have dinner at Roti, a cute little restaurant in Washington, D.C. For part of the meal, I watch nearby couples, like JOE and GLADYS. Obviously they’re college kids.

Staying right on the surface, no trying, nicely shallowed up, I can notice so much about them. The story of their relationship is right there for me. Clear as if you stood next to a reflecting pool on the national mall. And you looked at it and could see that it is a reflecting pool.

To my surface perception, it is quite evident, the various feelings that JOE has for GLADYS. How hard he tries to impress her. How he is trying new tricks of adulthood, not doing the same things he would to make a parent love him. Joe is not sure how to do this. But he is so in love, or believes he is so in love.

While GLADYS moves in and out of doubting the relationship, wanting to be in love, wanting a boyfriend, and convincing that she is in love with JOE.

So adorb, these human explorations. What is. Glorious, really. As glorious as I care to notice at the time. And always what is.

By contrast, Skilled Empath Merge

Suppose that now I’m in session with JOE. I’m not there with him to behold in wonderment and simply enjoy. JOE has paid for this time, and I have brought skills to help him.

So I talk with him initially to learn how I can help him. After we agree on an intention, I set up the session energetically. Then comes my Skilled Empath Merge with him.

Less than a minute, it takes. I move, as consciousness, into his energy field. I experience how it is, being him. Partly I gain information. Partly I select which Healing Centerpiece to use to help him. Partly I entrain with my client’s reality just enough to be effective at helping him.

To put it another way, when it’s a session of aura healing and transformation, I meet my client where his pain is. Then I’ll return to being myself (with the skills of Energy Spiritualty) — back in my personal identity — which due to state of consciousness is saturated with the Divine in the background.

As that knower and helper, I co-create with my client’s choice of Divine Being. In order to help my client find the way back into wholeness and joy.

Long before moving into Enlightenment I could do that. Since making that shift into Enlightenment, I’m just that much clearer at doing the Skilled Empath Merges (less STUFF in the way, less distortion from my side of the equation).

And, due to Enlightenment, there’s a way higher degree of being saturated with the Divine, my effectiveness now as the knower and helper.

No wonder I’m a believer in skills

Those Empath Empowerment skills are what help me most to understand how to directly help my client. Including as an Enlightenment Coach.

Whatever the type of personal session, I like using insights from energetic literacy. They helps me choose from the various skills I have learned, and that includes what happens in the backgroud, helping my client along his or her sacred path (that Enlightenment Coach aspect).

Although usually in sessions the emphasis is different. Our immediate conversation involves doing aura reading research to help my client with discernment on that sacred path. Or else, if it’s to be a session of aura healing and transformation, we use skills of Energy Spirituality to permanently move out STUFF, then PUT-IN what expresses my client’s soul more fully.

As an Enlightenment Coach, I also like using the skills that I learned from a year that I spent personally at the feet of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Plus other skills I have learned along the way for helping people to move forward on a path to Enlightenment.

Through it all, this teacher and user of skills has been quietly and gradually transformed in terms of consciousness.

Whatever kinds of service you do in this world, whatever your friendships…

we have this in common, Blog-Buddies.

All our skills work better when we co-create with God.

And as one’s identity becomes more saturated with that Divine presence, the service and friendships evolve as well.

Skilled Empath Merge is no substitute for Enlightenment, and vice versa. Isn’t it lovely that we don’t have to choose?

Packing up to read faces for free today, in Northern Virginia, 2-4 p.m. Come join us.

Details are here:
    http://tinyurl.com/Face-Reading-Free-Today …

Lilian says:

“Personally, I’m not inclined to blab a lot about my personal subjective experience. It’s too intimate.”

That’s kind of it. So doing what you do, Rose, is a weirdly intimate thing to do for someone. For most of us reading, I can imagine that our closest and most intimate relationship is with God. We’ve all been evolving, individually for thousands of years. We’re all from different parts of creation, with different journeys. Hearing people talk about their own personal enlightenment can seem obnoxious to me. Isn’t it just about feeling “normal”, but while on earth? What’s the rulebook for being yourself?

Lovely post, Rose, thank you for sharing.

Lilian says:

obnoxious is too strong a word, sorry – it’s just not my path so it seems a bit alien to me.

Julie says:

I liked the description of the reflecting pool, and of seeing objective reality with that kind of clarity.

I enjoyed this view through your eyes, Rose, both of your healing work and also what it’s like when you’re just hangin’ out!

Thanks, LILIAN, KYLIE, and JULIE.

Anyone else from that ELL care to describe what it is like for you when you are just hangin’ out?

Or anyone else NOT on that ELL….

David B says:

Thanks, Rose. Lovely article. A great point to clarify.

Speaking of clarification, it hasn’t been decades since my shift. We could say I came to the doorway in the 70’s. But the stepping through/ letting go was more recent.

David B says:

I can also say empath skills are better to learn sooner rather than later. Especially prior to Unity. In that stage of development, we become whatever we experience in a process of a growing oneness. But here, it takes place on the level of consciousness itself.

This is distinct from the energetic merge of an empath. But there is then the added wrinkle of distinguishing these – the habits of energetic merging vs the gradual process of consciousness growing to include everything.

Easier to learn sooner. (laughs)

Hi Lilian
    It’s useful to make a distinction on the subject of an individuals process. Technically, there is no such thing as “personal enlightenment”. Enlightenment is inherently a “post-personal” or “trans-personal” process to use terms from Psychology.

While Rose may name students and people who have shifted, those people have woken From the personal sense of a me into something much larger.

David B says:

However, Rose’s students are also people with clearer than typical energy physiology. They’re also not confused about renunciation. As a result, they tend to live their shifts in a more fully embodied way – at least thats the impression I get from their descriptions and comments. Their awakening is not separate from their lives but lived right in it.

David B says:

This does not mean, however, that it should never be discussed. There is value in sharing the story of your process in the right context. It helps people see the ordinariness and variety of it, for example, breaking conceptual boxes of what its supposed to look like.

David B says:

Of course, the other part of the equation is the perceiver. It can be useful to recognize what you bring to the table. Are you balking at someones story because it’s a little off? Or because it’s pushing your buttons?

Being conscious of your feeling states is a key aspect of getting clear so that the divine can shine through.

DAVID, your Comment 9 was my favorite of this bunch. That “Something much larger” is the real story at this funny, inside-out, Learning Planet.

LILIAN, I’m also so grateful for your contribution here at the blog. You open up and share in ways that are so honest, intelligent, and relevant to whatever conversation we are having.

Lilian says:

Thanks for your intelligent comments David!

“If someone is celebrating their specialness at being enlightened, then there is still a shadow at play. Some “me” shrapnel. A key aspect of a clear shift is a sense of normalness about it, not self-importance.”

Yes absolutely.

Lilian says:

And, as you noted yourself, it can take decades to really walk through the door to enlightenment.

The “me” shrapnel can be mixed in with the true enlightenment process.

Lilian says:

That can be confusing for those listening to this person’s story.

You can see they’re in the process of enlightenment, but maybe they’re not quite there yet.

And of course, when someone is in the process of something, they want to talk about it an awful lot.

Lilian says:

I can see from your photo that you are truly in the clear. That’s why I can see how your approach to teaching about enlightenment is genuine.

With my human personality, it may feel a bit too airy fairy.

I see God in the mundane and ordinary, primarily.

If an airy fairy terms suddenly links up to something meaningful in my own experience, then I adopt it.

Lilian says:

I’m very clear about my own buttons, David! I’m sure that on a soul level, and from many lifetimes, I’m heartily sick of people claiming to be prophets and leaders and not understanding the importance of the common good and the value of common sense. etc

Lilian says:

But also, as much as enlightenment is about unity with God, we do so as individualised humans with personalities and histories and opinions.

Otherwise we’d go be enlightened somewhere else.

David B says:

Just to be clear on the subject itself, enlightenment takes just a fraction of a second to happen. After that switch we could say enlightenment has happened here but its still the kindergarten version.

That initial shift may or may not be clear and sustained. Sometimes it takes time for it to be abiding.

The next stage is what Rose refers to as enlightenment. That’s when the Stuff has been cleared and the divine is flowing.

David B says:

Then you have the same process with a couple more stages after that. These can overlap the above, so you get people in the beginning of one stage but not having fully embodied the prior. So lots of variations.

David B says:

It’s certainly fair for people along the way to point and support. The issue comes in when they start to talk in terms of The reality, My special knowledge, etc.

Lilian says:

So, one question, David. Rose has been quite vital for stuff removal. Without that I might have done lots of karma, but not been able to clean myself off from that anytime soon.

So did you use mainly meditation to clear off what Rose calls “stuff”.

Lilian says:

That must have taken a longer time than having someone like Rose zap it off you.

What methods did you use when you knew there was a particular short circuit in your aura that you knew you needed to clear?

I like the idea of feeling self sufficient. 🙂

Lilian says:

“And then there is the embodiment of that in life, where the shift isn’t just an internal thing. A fuller, grounded version.”

Yes, so I can take that.

You get an awareness, then you need to embody the awareness to make it a permanent part of your life.

Though sometimes the embodying part can feel like you’re doing backwards, Human reality is dense and it takes time. But I try to keep my sense of inspiration as a motivation.

Lilian says:

I do feel my own end of is somewhat close.

I know in my heart and intuition what it is.

However, we all have to pay the piper first, so to speak.

Lilian says:

One of my challenges is that I haven’t been a human for a long long while.

I know that to be true and plenty of people have volunteered that info to me. So part of the challenge is to orientate as human, all the while trying to embody the progress I made out of body, all the while trying to evolve as human.

Lilian says:

So some of my buttons involve me trying to remember to value this very individualised human experience.

If I don’t respect this individualised human experience, my main challenge will be staying out of an astral vibration. And hanging out in an astral vibration is not productive for a human.

Lilian says:

I’ve floated in and out of the astral for more than if healthy to for most of my life.

It’s completely unproductive, but nice and familiar to me. So respecting my humaness is key to evolving.

So, in this way, my general feistiness, belligerence and idiosyncraticness serves my soul. I need to cherish my human identity.

Hi Lilian
    I started with meditation and a few related things like asana and pranayama. I then went on an extended retreat during which the witness kicked in. That has the effect of essentially meditating all the time. Plus some perceptual doors opened that gradually lead to being able to see and clear different kinds of baggage, like past life stuff.

Some more targeted clearing sooner would certainly have helped and smoothed things. Stumbling towards ecstasy I used to call it.

David B says:

Note btw that I don’t recommend excess meditation. That leads to becoming ungrounded and slushy, which is not how you progress. There are some circumstances where more meditation may be called for, like a retreat. But even there, it’s done in a supportive environment and with other techniques to facilitate clearing and smoothness.

David B says:

The techniques I use(d) were informal, what the circumstances called for. Allowing the feelings to release, applying light to darkness, and so forth. Rose is quite a bit more sophisticated.

Keep in mind that when I mention “embodiment”, this isn’t just about bringing the awareness into your life. This is about bringing source right to the surface. Infinity in every point. The cosmic right in the body. This dramatically enhances everything in ways beyond conception.

Zofia says:

Thanks for sharing David. I think I can imagine that would have taken a lot of commitment. I can t imagine doing it your way very quickly. I d certainly still need people supporting me to keep me grounded. Also your comments about embodiment are very poetic. :-). Rose or no rose, magic internet lady that she is, our paths are still our responsibility. She can t make anyone see God. :-p Except with rose specific points of the clearing process are easier.

Hi Zophia
    Well, the way I see it, circumstances kept me semi-grounded. I would not describe that as the easy way. Not sure I can take credit for commitment. The main stuff happens through grace and the main practice brought results, so I continued.

Yeah – only God can see God. So we become as/ with God and there you are.