Aura Reading Rachel Dolezal, Pushing the Boundaries of Racial Identity

How much does skin color have to matter to you?

How much does skin color have to matter to you?

Nobody said living now would be easy. But really, how flexible does a person have to be? Geesh!

As if it weren’t enough that a national conversation was thrust upon us by Caitlin (formerly Bruce) Jenner! Now a scandal has erupted over Rachel Dolezal, who announced her resignation Monday as head of the NAACP chapter in Spokane, Washington. So many people are so very upset because this white woman has identified as black, and lived accordingly.

In her professional life, Rachel Dolezal has chosen to advance the lives of African-Americans.

Her son has told her, “Mom, racially you’re human and culturally you’re black.” Rachel Dolezal reports that, as a girl, she drew self-portraits “using brown crayon, rather than peach, to portray herself, and drawing herself with black, curly hair, not the straight, blonde locks she grew up with.”

While her indignant mother has told the media, “She did not ever refer to herself or draw pictures (like the described self-portraits) or do anything that indicated she thought she was black.”

Seems to me “ever” is a pretty impressive word for a person to use when describing somebody else’s behavior. I wonder if this mother, Ruthanne Dolezal, also happens to be omnipresent and omniscient. 😉

Certainly it’s indisputible that, unlike Caitlin Jenner, Rachel Dolezal has not sought the spotlight. Yet here it is anyway, and many people have expressed rage, outrage, indignation, and more.

Is she crazy, as her biological parents proclaim to the media? Or is she no more crazy than any transgendered person or cross-dresser, or person who speaks in an accent that doesn’t come from how she was raised? Is it crazy to be a social climber? Or a political activist for a group into which you haven’t been born?

Is it deeply dishonest to exchange a name that doesn’t fit you for a name that aligns with your soul?

What do you Blog-Buddies think? Because a lot of us have skin in this game, literally or figuratively or both.

Aura reading can help us to understand the who-you-be of Rachel Dolezal

Rachel Dolezal could be sane. Or she might be as cuckoo as the bird on an old-fashioned clock.

Aura reading can help to shed insight. In fact, nothing beats Stage Three Energetic Literacy when you want to find out the truth about somebody, subconsciously and energetically. Sometimes I call that a person’s “Who-you-be.”

Before I begin today’s exercise in energetic literacy, I want to disclose my personal viewpoint. When reading Rachel Dolezal’s aura, I’ll put that aside.

Still, I feel very strongly that it is a human being’s perogative to self-identify as she or he chooses. There will be consequences. Still it sure beats letting other people define you.

There could be many causes for someone to be in Rachel Dolezal’s postion.  Including:

• A Life Contract where she came into this life to help move collective consciousness forward, smashing yet another illusion of Earth School. In other words, that person’s identification is real and true, as real as anything else that could form a person’s sense of identity.
  • Some very large frozen blocks, left over from one or more past incarnations. Frozen blocks that could be randomly triggered, causing massive confusion. (Soul Energy Awakening Hypnosis® could help with this problem. I certainly would recommend it as a smart thing to do before outing oneself or adopting a really strange lifestyle, just to rule out this possibility. This needs to be done in person, and not everyone lives in the Metro Washington D.C. area. So here is a current list of my apprentices at this form of past-life regression. I have trained them in this powerful skill set for aura healing.)
  • You could be a beautiful soul who aims to end America’s terrible history of racial injustice, like John Howard Griffin, author of “Black Like Me.”
  • That person might have a severe mental health problem.
  • Or the person just could be a self-promoter who seeks fame and fortune. A lucky self-promoter — who happens to find one of the rare variations on weird that has not been exploited by others.

One more point: I’ve written a futuristic novel about Empath Empowerment, published in 20? and set in the year 2020. In that society, you can change your skin coloring as easily as the way folks today dye their hair. Just go to your local health center and see the latest skin color swatches on display. Then choose your favorite.

Okay, enough said. On to today’s aura reading research. I’ll be using this aura picture of Rachel Dolezal. And here’s a smaller, saved version of the Rachel Dolezal aura photo. (As you may know, Blog-Buddies, once you develop full energetic literacy then every photo is an aura photo.)

Aura Reading the Root Chakra Databank for Connecting to Objective Reality

80 feet. Strongly connected to life, to people, to objective reality in general.

This photo was taken six days ago, after the scandal had broken. Rachel Dolezal is sticking to her story. To her worldview.

Seems to me, the size and intensity of this chakra databank is exaggerated, under these circumstances. Yet the quality isn’t new at all.

Related this this chakra databank, at least, Rachel Dolezal is definitely among the sane.

Aura Reading the Root Chakra Databank for Belonging to My Social Group

40 feet. Predominantly this chakra databank expresses tremendous sorrow, compassion, and a highly evolved sense of responsibility towards her social group.

I also notice scar tissue — the imprint upon this chakra databank of having experienced a great deal of personal suffering, then moved through it. For Rachel Dolezal, adoptive mother of four black children, identifying with African-Americans in the racial mess that is the U.S. now — this is no casual hobby. Her caring is very human and runs as deep as could be.

Aura Reading the Root Chakra Databank for Purposely Connecting to My Social Group (The Tribe)

2 feet. Fractured, sad. And at the time of this photo, even heartbroken.

Count Rachel Dolezal out of the Publicity Seeker category, folks.

Aura Reading the Throat Chakra Databank for Verbal Integrity

To herself, has Rachel Dolezal been living a lie? Or tricking people?

This is the first of two chakra databanks that will explore this truthfulness aspect of how she has been living.

40 feet. Speaking the truth is a habit, given the texture of this chakra databank.

Yet at the time of this photo, this chakra databank also shows a world-weariness, a deep sorrow. Not defensiveness. Just human sorrow, a feeling as old as dirt.

Aura Reading the Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Power Integrity

28 feet. Walking her talk is a habit. Yet, at the time of this photograph, Rachel Dolezal feels as though she has been kicked in the gut.

Although she’s courageous, and not prone to self-pity, it’s a big deal to handle the rage being hurled at her.

Aura Reading the Root Chakra Databank for Connection to Spiritual Source

29 miles. Gorgeously vibrating with Divine Support, as Rachel Dolezal goes through this ordeal.

To me, this is confirmation of the “Life Contract” theory about what makes Rachel Dolezal tick.

Aura Reading the Root Chakra Databank for Soul Thrill (Expressing Her Soul in Everyday Life)

80 feet. Large but lascerated.

When Rachel Dolezal was planning for this lifetime, I doubt she anticipated the casual cruelty of people. Or what the glare of spotlight could bring.

In her human life, doing what she has felt called to do, she has only expressed herself as authentically as she could. That pattern of habit shows clearly here. To me, it’s a very beautiful pattern.

Conclusion

In your life and mine, Blog-Buddies, what matters more?

• How and where you were born
  • What you choose to do with your life
  • Whether or not you make it your business to help and serve other people

This aura reading research convinces me that Rachel Dolezal is not the person with an integrity problem. She has created a real-world record of activism to help people. What more could any reasonable person expect?

When will we humans learn to judge a person by the content of her character, and not the color of her skin?

Curiouser and Curioser (As Ever) says:

Dear Rose, I was hoping you would read this aura, thank you so much.

P.S. One way I understand “race” is as a powerful thought-form, or rather, a constellation of thought-forms.

Mel says:

It’s a shame the media focused all of their attention on dissecting this woman rather than focusing on the issue of what racial identity really is. What a wasted opportunity for collective consciousness.

Isabella C. says:

Fascinating! So glad you did this.

I watched the interview from Good Morning America and my impression of her was really good. But my opinion not fully formed.

Isabella C. says:

I think this case brings up a lot of anger over black people having not had the right, historically, to make a choice of tribe like this woman has.

One drop of black blood… and that’s it, end of story. Your own feelings about who you are didn’t come into play. And still, today, the darker the skin, the less ethnically ambiguous your appearance, the harder it seems to make choice like this.

So I can see how the way Rachel Dolezal is living could be looked at as one more right white people have that black people don’t.

Not that I agree with this. And I think she is helping with this kind of feeling, releasing stuck rage, lack of freedom, etc, in collective consciousness around race issues.

Isabella C. says:

However that “one drop of black blood and you’re 100% black” rule had this unintended positive consequence of someone like Rachel Dolezal being able to “pass” as black… highlighting the reality of ethic ambiguity.

If you can’t even figure out what race someone is, oh jeez, you might have to treat them like an individual human being.

Elaine says:

Beautiful post Rose!

Good to hear from you, everyone.

ELAINE, I have to say, the funny thing is that when this comment came in I was wearing that gorgeous blue scarf you hand-painted. 🙂

Adam McIntosh says:

Rose, I am reminded a bit of the reading you did of George Zimmerman.

I was surprised to read about your findings of sincerity and conviction in him, about what he did. Yet what he did was still objectively wrong, I believe.

Adam McIntosh says:

I was equally surprised to read your findings about Rachel Dolezal. I was particularly surprised to read about her integrity – I did not expect her to have much.

What Rachel Dolezal did was by no means as bad as what Zimmerman did. But, what she did was definitely blackface.

And blackface was specifically designed as a tool of oppression and ridicule – designed by white people as a weapon to use against black people.

Adam McIntosh says:

It seems like she may have had good intentions, based on this reading. But I don’t think that makes her appropriation of black identity right.

Eloquently put, ADAM, and I’ll bet that many readers agree with you.

In choosing a controversial person’s aura to read, I wasn’t saying, “My point of view is the only correct one.” I just read those chakra databanks and framed it with my human perspective before the aura reading, then my personal conclusion at the end.

Thanks so much for sharing your perspective.

BTW, with that aura reading of George Zimmerman, the clincher for me was the last chakra databank: A stunning absence of authentic spiritual connection, wrapped up in absolute certainty.

For me this provided a context for appreciating the rest of the aura reading of Zimmerman. To put it bluntly: Love and power, but zero spiritual light.

In a case like this, one can create horrors comparable to the Spanish Inquisition.

Adam McIntosh says:

Rose, I was actually quite stunned by the amount of nuance your reading added to my perception of Rachel Dolezal.

I had been thinking of her as a complete con artist before. Now I see that there is a lot more to the story.

I have enormous appreciation for YOUR perspective and point of view!

Thanks, ADAM. I agree completely with this part of what you wrote:

“I don’t believe white people of conscience have any business donning black face, saying the n-word, or using any of the other cultural weapons that have been leveraged by white people against black people for so long.”

And ISABELLA, your Comments 4 and 5 were also very moving to me.

Thanks so much to everyone participating in this conversation.

Adam McIntosh says:

I do take your point about Zimmerman, too, about the spiritual connection. There seems to be a correlation with, among other things, the respective degree of harm Dolezal and Zimmerman have done and their type of connection to spiritual source.

Very interesting reading Rose, and interesting comments. When this story first broke, my thought was, I’ll bet she has had many lifetimes as a black woman, and it just feels more natural to her to identify that way. I can relate to that–I think I’ve had many Asian lifetimes. Just like many people who are currently men or women in this life, but had a long history of life as the other gender. I thought of the movies “Ma Vie en Rose” and “Tomboy.”

D says:

I think calling this blackface is a little extreme. I don’t see what the big deal is since she does not seem to have any integrity problems. People alter themselves in all kinds of ways.

Mel says:

I agree with D that this is not the same thing as blackface as the intention behind both actions are a world apart.

And why are people okay with gender identity appropriation as having nothing to do with genetalia but people are not okay with skin color appropriation as having nothing to do with ethnicity?

Leo says:

The hypocrisy of the liberal response to Rachel Doenzal as compared to Caitlyn Jenner is indicative of why I no longer identify as liberal. This among other issues, confirms for me that liberals are often just as close minded, judgmental, and reactionary as conservatives, and are in large part motivated by advancing specific social narratives.

Thanks for all your responses, ADAM, KYLIE, D, MEL, and LEO.

This blog really does welcome all points of view, including the use of deeper perception to understand some of the more controversial people of our time.

This isn’t a political blog, yet I do my best to disclose my person views before I read the aura of somebody controversial, so that the aura reading can stand on its own.

In terms of that aura reading itself, LEO, perhaps you would like to explain where you find hypocrisy. Please put aside your overall judgment about people who are liberal.

With aura readings of Bruce Jenner and then Caitlyn Jenner, I pointed out aura-level problems that seemed to be getting worse. Rather than being solved by her change of gender.

With the aura reading of Rachel Doenzal, I found somebody in surprisingly good shape.

In none of these cases did I know in advance what I would find. This is why I’m curious about what about these two articles would cause you to characterize them as “close minded, judgmental, and reactionary.”

And which social narrative are you accusing me of advancing, exactly? Just curious.

Leo says:

Mass outrage in the media about someone identifying as transracial, and mass celebration of someone coming out as transgender.

I’m not accusing you of anything Rose. I love your aura readings. You’re bringing truth to complex situations.

It’s a longer and more complicated issue I have with liberal media sources advancing certain agendas (along with conservative media outlets).

I’m seeing a lot of extreme rhetoric coming from both sides, and I think this situation with this woman highlights the move towards extremist in media and rhetoric.

It’s a more complicated topic – my incindiary comment didn’t clarify it much.

But of course I’m not accusing you of anything except bringing much needed perspective to complex issues.

Aha! LEO, thanks.

At a time when, as you rightly say, extreme rhetoric is coming from many sides, I feel honored to bring energetic literacy into the collective conversation.

I don’t think there is one way out, THE WAY OUT, to solve the heartbreaking and horrible problems in this world.

However I do believe that aura reading can bring perspective to complex issues. And maybe, as more and more of us use our skills of energetic literacy, we can bring A LOT of perspective to complex issues. I would like to be part of that.

an avid reader says:

Hi Rose,

Very interesting. I am perplexed by the verbal integrity at the throat chaka given that she has been caught in a number of lies such as the fact that she repeatedly identified a black man as her father and that she had to back track and change her story about going to South Africa.

Does her throat Chakra show verbal integrity because she truly identifies as a person. Of color even if she is not?

Yum, AN AVID READER! A sophisticated question from one consciousness nerd to another!

When you read any chakra databank, including the Throat Chakra Databank for Verbal Integrity, you are reading it at the time of the conversation. (If it’s a live aura reading.)

Or at the time of the photograph. (If you are reading that person’s aura from a picture.)

So it would have been interesting to research Rachel Dolezal’s aura (that chakra databank included) when she had the conversation quoted here:

“One of them was her pronouncement a few months ago touting an appearance by someone who she described as her dad — along with a picture of a black man, not Larry Dolezal. Rachel Dolezal explained that she’d formed a close connection with a man in northern Idaho, who is the man in the photo, and she considers him her dad.

“‘Any man can be a father,’ she said. ‘Not every man can be a dad.'”

What kind of mess was in Rachel Dolezal’s aura at that time?

I can’t tell you, not being a psychic.

I can just tell you that, at the time of the photo I used as a basis for this aura reading, this chakra databank was doing pretty darned well.

AN AVID READER, it’s so hard to fathom what makes a person tick. Including the many kinds of integrity.

As a way of life, “The end justifies the means” can make most of us cringe. And yet the subconscious mind just might make use of this belief sometimes, orchestrating what a person believes or remembers consciously.

Thus people in cults remember their histories differently, in a way that counters facts, yet is absolutely believed by them. Marcel Proust made a career out of remembering, and seeking to remember consciously what was must subtle and meaningful. Did he bite down on the famous madeleine or was he really munching a morsel of stale toast? Search me!

Ardent idealists may forget inconvenient truths. That could be Rachel Dolezal’s predicament. Or she might just have told a lie so often that she believed it.

Who knows?

I guess that’s why trials are ideally about the facts of a particular case.

Not “Has Rachel Dolezal always been perfectly honest?”

If we were called to be the judge or members of a jury, our deliberations would be all about the facts… in order to determine if a particular crime was committed, etc.

As an aura reader, my job is different: To tell what I can, researching the chakra databanks that can illuminate best a person’s overall Who-You-Be.

Zelda says:

It is really rather astonishing to compare the recent media coverage of Rachel Dolezal vs. Caitlyn Jenner.

Without knowing much about the details of her work, it seems that Dolezal has at least positioned herself to be serving the community she identifies with and supports.

Zelda says:

By comparison, Jenner has been involved in that uber celebrity world of the Kardashians, and with the tons of money on surgery, etc., is touted as being courageous. And now seems to be going after more and more publicity.

It’s really quite sickening.

Zelda says:

As odd as the Dolezal story is, I do feel sorry for her in terms of the response to her situation.

She sure seems to have said some rather strange things when questioned, which I think has caused her loads of problems.

I think that it’s the perception of truth/deceit that gets the media and public riled.

Zelda says:

Jenner is viewed as now being “honest” for finally becoming her true self.

Dolezal has said some truly bizarre things in response to questions and I think the perception is that she’s crazy or hugely dishonest.

Yes, bring on aura reading, ZELDA, to help us to explore the truth.

Part of the difference, I think, is that the Rachel Dolezal conversations are among the FIRST conversations concerning racial identity.

Whereas Caitlin Jenner is just exploiting a now-familiar kind of conversation about gender identity.

Could be, when there are more conversations impacting collective consciousness, it will be appreciated that some people have atypical inner versions of racial identity. And that people do remember or perceive things differently, based on that.

Of this I’m certain. Everybody on earth is playing a cosmic role, as a world server.

This is not the entire identity, yet it remains a very important part of a soul’s larger identity during an incarnation.

What we are really doing, serving humanity, is not necessarily known to that small human fragment during that lifetime.

I have learned this repeatedly from facilitating sessions of Soul Energy Awakening Hypnosis.

And what if the questioning is very harsh when a person is doing something unusual or pioneering as a World Server?

Maybe it isn’t so appropriate to ask Rachel Dolezal, “Who is your birth father?” Maybe that is as offensive, under the circumstances, as asking Caitlin Jenner, “Describe in detail how you felt about your genitals when you were three years old.”

When will an inappropriate question become the crazy-talk, rather than the answer that the world server is compelled to give?

Imagine, for some anachronistic whimsy…. Today’s breaking news is intense media coverage around the poet Emily Dickinson.

Yet one more day in 1885, she has been a layabout, hanging out at home and — crazier than a woman with 5,000 cats — she has just written yet another useless, stupid poem. Her Poem #1,776 is a mess like all the others. It doesn’t even rhyme properly, for crying out loud.

Plus she wears weird white clothes.

So the interviewer from CNN demands that Emily Dickinson explain how she can justify all that writing when she hasn’t succeeded in publishing properly.

Imagine her saying, when forced to respond, “Hope is a thing with feathers.”

And then hear the crowd roar in derision at Emily Dickinson’s crazy-talk.

(Even when her poems were finally published posthumously, they were still way ahead of her time and got really bad reviews for years. Yet by now Emily Dickinson is lauded as one of the greatest American poets.)

I’m not aiming to be a Rachel Dolezal apologist particularly, but I look forward to revisiting this conversation of racial identity in 20 years.

By then her responses may seem truthful enough. While the questioning and ridiculing are considered evidence of the relatively unevolved state of public discourse in 2015.

Shall we make a date to re-evaluate? Father’s Day, 2035. 😉

Sarah says:

Rose, I really appreciate this reading. And all of the comments!

This is completely fascinating to me, especially in juxtaposition with the Jenner story. Without deeper perception, it would be very difficult to sort out what was going on in these two, radically-different situations.

Sarah says:

Your perspective on racial identity as it relates to Rachel Dolezal is also inspiring to me. I had never thought about the concept of transracial identity, but it really makes perfect sense to me.

And I sure hope that by 2035, we are all smiling in retrospect and relieved that we have moved past some of the limits on our current collective thinking.

Sarah says:

What really spoke to me was the question you bolded in Comment #38.

Oh man, have there been times in my life when I felt like Emily Dickinson in the example you gave, answering an apparently-normal question with an apparently-absurd answer, and thinking to myself how there don’t seem to be any words that I can use to answer the question honestly in a way that will make sense to the questioner. Sometimes it’s simply because they lack the context to understand my answer, but sometimes I feel like even I don’t have the proper context to answer.

And I know that no matter what I say, it would either be considered a lie by the questioner, or it will feel like a lie to myself, to my own soul.

Sarah says:

It reminds me of a game that my grandfather used to play with us kids when we were teenagers or so, by asking questions like, “Have you quit smoking yet?” (when asking someone who has never smoked in their life). The question was meant to trip you up and get you to think, since neither “yes” nor “no” is a particularly honest answer.

I can only imagine how it would be to feel that same awkward-trapped feeling every time I was asked about about my identity–race, gender, or otherwise.

an avid reader says:

Could it be a past life recall coming through? I think you mentioned this possibility, Rose. That would make sense to me.

If she feels very strongly that she is black even though she was born to two white parents, maybe that accounts as her truth. That what seems like deception to others is what is actually true for her: in her mind, she is black.

an avid reader says:

We live in a world were facts matter. Objective reality is more valued in our society than subjective reality. So, this creates a really big tailspin when the facts do not all match up.

David B says:

I only know a little about the story. I found your reading something of a surprise, Rose, as she seems to maintain a personal story thats chosen rather than based on her actual biography. Instructive what she’s in integrity about. And interesting how her childhood experience with adopted blacks seems to have been such an influence on her.

She certainly appears to be growing through the experience. And breaking stereotypes.

David B says:

Also very curious her parents would think that calling her crazy in the media would help heal their separation.

David B says:

I also wanted to make a note about DNA testing. If you have your genome checked, it’s pretty interesting how many traces of other genes we have mixed in. It’s quite common for people to find a small % of other very different races in there, part of our unknown history. Most of us have a bit of neanderthal in there too.

We’re all a lot more connected – even biologically – than we might expect.

Call Me Santa Claus says:

I really appreciate what you said about Rachel Dolezal. She did make money giving speeches about what it was like to be a black woman growing up, what it was like to be a black women being discriminated against, so that part was a big bummer …..

But other than that I saw her as a very sincere person that truly cares and truly feels black. She worked hard to help the black community.

Call Me Santa Claus says:

it is unfortunate that black people see what she did as black face because I don’t think she is doing black face at all. I thought that doing blackface was when you imitate black people in an effort to mock or entertain people.

But who am I to say?

Call Me Santa Claus says:

It seems to me that her soul sincerely identifies with that culture/race, and why can’t you? That is how she feels.

Call Me Santa Claus says:

Anyone can identify with any cultural group, I think.

Too bad they call it cultural appropriation…

it is a very complicated situation, and I can’t speak to it accurately from the viewpoint of a minority, since I am a whitey.

Call Me Santa Claus says:

i bet that if she had a DNA test, she has some African American blood (actually i think that most or all of us have some !)

and/or she had one or more compelling past lives as a black person.

Call Me Santa Claus says:

it’s such a polarizing issue. i wish that people could talk about it in a more loving compassionate understanding way instead of a big Shame-Fest.

i see SO much shaming going on in the media and on facebook these days.

Splendid comments, “SANTA CLAUS.” Definitely a gift to the blog.

I’ve been enjoying all the comments here immensely. There’s room for so many points of view.

Of course the energetic literacy that I shared with you’all in the main article is just part of the info at our disposal as each of us consider this historic controversy.

Although I’m no psychic, I predict that we will soon find racial identity as the next big topic for growth, compassion, and illusion smashing in collective consciousness.

Not that we’re done with gender identity. But that one has now begun quite strongly, compared to this subtler concept about what race is, how it is defined, and whether a human being’s personal identification counts for anything.

Gender identity stirs up some of the deepest personal fears one can have about sex, since how many adults are really 100% heterosexual or 100% identified with the gender of the physical body?

Racial identity and identification can likewise stir up huge fears of a more social nature. Fascinating, all this rapid growth of consciousness since the Age of Awakening has begun!

For sure, we’re not done yet. 🙂

For perspective on letting a person’s inclinations count for something, what happened not that long ago?

Your parents or grandparents who were left-handed were forced to write with their right hands.

Even that strong an innate preference was not allowed. Anyone here remember that?

David B says:

Hi Rose
    Your comment on racial identity may well be right. As my comment 50 noted, people are discovering unknown mixtures in their DNA. Hundreds of thousands of people have had the testing done now.

Some are discovering they’re not the “pure” race they once thought. Then you have people like Rachel bending things around…