The Yuckiness Index — on average I work with that just about every day of my life. Because every time I facilitate cutting a cord of attachment, I check out that Yuckiness Index.
Yet you won’t know what the heck that is unless we have been together in session with the Healing Centerpiece of cutting a cord of attachment.
Or you have been in session with someone I trained as an expert in this system of Energy Spirituality.
Or you have read today’s article. 😉
Yes, today I’m starting a series of articles about little known technical aspects about cutting these energy cords. I figure, the more you know about this specialty of energy healing, the more you will benefit:
- If you are someone who does self-healing, it’s helpful to know some of the lesser known, but very cool, technical points.
- As a consumer, learning about The Yuckiness Index can alert you that there is more to cutting cords of attachment than you may have been expecting.
- And also, as a really clever New Age Consumer, guess what? You can start asking new practitioners, “Do you use The Yuckiness Index?” This is a good question to pose when seeking a qualified person to help you with energy healing, and it’s possible that a cord of attachment might be cut. (Not everyone is as sophisticated about cords of attachment as you are becoming, you know!)
Disclaimer: My perspective comes from using one particular system for cord cutting, 12 Steps to Cut Cords of Attachment®. Of course, this isn’t the only system that is effective for cuttnig cords of attachment. Unfortunately some methods that are popular today may not be effective long-term.
I do know for sure that this method is. Not only feedback from my clients over the decades. Also from readers of my how-to books, both the English editions of my books and authorized editions in Japanese and Czech. Anyway….
What Is The Yuckiness Index?
The Yuckiness Index is a way to gauge just how icky/ yucky/revolting/important any particular cord of attachment might be. The Yuckiness Index goes on a scale from 1-10, with 1 as the most mild cord items possible and 10 as the most intensely awful ones.
Why bother to find out?
- If you’re doing self-healing, it’s really smart to facilitate cutting 25 or more MINOR cords of attachment before going on to any MAJOR cord of attachment. Well, The Yuckiness Index can help you do an even better job of telling which is which.
- Whereas if you’re in session with an expert at Energy Spirituality, it won’t usually be worth session time to cut a cord of attachment unless it scores really high on The Yuckiness Index. Maybe 8-10. (In most cases; there can certainly be exceptions.) So having your session facilitator check out The Yuckiness Index can bring you extra peace of mind.
For developing skills at self-healing, knowing the difference between major and minor cords of attachment is really important. And definitely something you can learn to figure out. (For details, see either “Cut Cords of Attachment for Self-Healing” or the more expanded edition, at triple the size, “Cut Cords of Attachment: Heal Yourself and Others with Energy Spirituality.”)
For super-smooth progress at self-healing, you’ll find that researching The Yuckiness Index is an excellent little skill to use. This adds to the nuance, because sometimes a minor cord of attachment will turn out to be one of your majors.
How can you research The Yuckiness Index?
During Step 4 of the 12-step sequence, just add this optional bit of “Questioning.” Research, “What is the score for this cord of attachment on The Yuckiness Index?”
(If this tech info makes sense to you, great! Otherwise, disregard the whole idea for now. I can coach you in a session of mentoring, but I’m not going into further detail at this blog.)
Who is unlikely to know about The Yuckiness Index?
- Someone with a Reiki, Pranic Healing, or other Energy Medicine approach to cutting cords of attachment. (I think these systems are great. But they’re not systems that specialize in emotional and spiritual healing. That can limit results with this healing specialty, since cutting even a minor cord of attachment can help to bring about significant emotional and spiritual growth.)
- A practitioner of NLP who works with cords of attachment. (NLP has plenty of fans without having to get involved in a form of energy healing that can be the equivalent of major surgery to an aura.)
- An angel card reader or psychic who adds a bit of cord-cutting. (Just because you love GLADYS’s psychic readings doesn’t mean that she has developed dedicated skills for a potentially big-deal form of energy healing.)
On the bright side, a professional or apprentice who works in Rosetree Energy Spirituality will definitely know about this valuable nuance for healing. If you’re aiming for emotional and spiritual growth, might I suggest that you select a practitioner trained in this field? If somebody has a different training background, make sure the person comes really well recommended.
Otherwise, go for do-it-yourself. Put in the time and get yourself excellent skills.
When a cord of attachment is cut for good, you only get one chance at a quality healing.
You see, the power of the healing is very related to the skill level of the practitioner. If you facilitate cutting 25 or more minor cords, low on The Yuckiness Index, you’ll be developing solid skills as a self-healer. So you’ll get much better results when you do “Go on to the majors.”
Who else is unlikely to know about The Yuckiness Index?
Pretty much anyone. 🙂
Short of reading this blog article, there is very little public conversation so far about The Yuckiness Index. (Unless, I guess, a whole lotta people share today’s article. Just for a benchmark, here’s what a Google search turns up today, shortly before publishing this article. For “The Yuckiness Index,” ta da! 5 hits.)
I’m all for learning skills for cord cutting from a book. That’s why I worked really, really hard to publish the paperback, its eBook edition, and the “Self-healing” shorter one (so far only in eBook format, but definitely on my list of how-to’s to publish as a paperback when time allows).
Although I’m interested in helping everyone learn how to do this powerful form of energy healing, I’m distressed by the lack of standards out in the New Age Land of Enthusiastic Energy Experimenters.
I don’t have to tell you though. You’re a savvy New Age Consumer. You know that developing skills around energy can help you so much in the Age of Aquarius. So it won’t hurt you one bit to ask about that Yuckiness Index.
More power to you, as a client and also as a self-healer! Your willingness to read this article all the way through to the end speaks well for your practical focus. Smart consumers know that just because a healing involves energy doesn’t mean you will benefit by assuming “Oooh, energy. It’s all so beautiful.” 😉
Note: Have you heard the term “etheric” used about cords of attachment? Then leap forward to Comments 15-28 below. Blog-Buddy DAVID B. summed up the practical parts best by writing: “I would be careful when anyone uses the term etheric. ” 😉