Moving Forward Gracefully in the Age of Aquarius

Age of Aquarius living compared to an airport's moving walkway

Age of Aquarius living compared to an airport’s moving walkway

Living today, it’s like walking forward on a fast moving walkway. The momentum for speed carries us forward like one of those motorized thingies they have at airports. Even if you stand still, clutching your suitcase, another passenger may pass you by, moving even faster.

Good luck staying comfortable, no matter how fast or slowly you wish to go.

That’s life in this Age of Aquarius, where collective consciousness all over the world is evolving so fast. In the country I know best, America, this has been a month of such social and political change.

• A huge victory for gay rights and a hideous defeat for the opposers.
  • A humiliating loss for those who are now stockpiling Confederate flags like crazy, while they can still get them.
  • Fuming rage or frustrated incredulity for those who support gun control, at watching yet another murder.
  • Horror that the Affordable Care Act is still the law of the land.
  • Buttons pushed first by Caityn Jenner, then by Rachel Dolezal.
  • And all that’s just America. What anybody concerned about financial security who lives right now in Greece? Or marriage conservatives in Ireland? What about so much more….

No matter what you believe, right now, there are challenges. Winners and losers.

In everyday life, people might do you wrong. Or you might do someone wrong, although never meaning to hurt anyone. Then feeling so bad afterwards.

What are we supposed to do with that? Even more rage. Shame and guilt. Fear of letting go. Fear of not being able to let go. Trying so very, very hard to be a good person yet feeling sometimes like a fool.

How can we go on?

And even if we, personally, feel balanced, how can we help others?

Moving forward now, there is one thing each of us can do. Be kind.

You are so likeable, so loveable.

Maybe this is a good day to remember it.

And if others you know are wrong about something, you might remember that they also want to be good people.

They want to be loveable, yearn to be liked and respected.

Can you safely open up your heart to find something to like? Dare to let yourself feel it. And then reach out a bit, if you can.

Simple kindness can help so much. Just a smile. Or maybe a friendly word.

I’m not talking denial and forced cheerfulness, as in a song that gives really awful advice, “Smile, Though Your Heart Is Aching.”

I’m talking a bit of compassion towards others, generosity of spirit. Love it or not, all of us are trapped on the quick moving walkway called “Earth in the Age of Aquarius.”

What has changed in the Age of Aquarius?

The biggest change is our collective pace of spiritual evolution. It’s so very, very fast now.

• Habits that we didn’t know were habits. By now they are recognizably bad habits, yet we never ever meant it that way.
  • Beliefs that we hadn’t questioned for years, so sure we were that we lived on the side of the angels… and now we might be invited to beliefs that are newer and wider…

In the words of the hymn that President so movingly sang, “I once was lost but now I’m found. Was blind, but now I see.”

How great does that feel, looking back with clearer sight to discover that we hurt others? How lovely and “spiritual” does that feel?

Maybe that only feels good if your desire to grow is stronger than your pride. Maybe that kind of discovery only feels bearable when we have a strong, vibrant connection to God. (And, with all respect to the talented Rev. Rick Warren and others, many people today only think they have such a strong, vibrant connection.)

Oh yes, we humans are stuck on a rapidly moving walkway. Progressing even when we wish to stand still.

And what hasn’t changed?

This is true for each man or woman alive, every boy or girl, even babies who are still so small that they cannot hold up their heads without help.

Each of us is an  immortal soul. Each of us is a beautiful being.

Each of us is at Earth School right now. And we didn’t just land here because of cruel fate. Each of us chose to be here, to live here right now.

Remembering that sometimes can help. And when part of this messy collective adventure, whenever it’s hard, what else helps?

Very human kindness from others can give us the heart to keep growing.

While opening up our hearts to others makes it easier to be kind, respectful, polite. To forgive ourselves, too.

Today will be a new chance for everyone. Every sacred day here on earth is like that, with a fresh start. And then there’s always tomorrow.

Emily says:

Beautiful! Thank you Rose!

I love this post, Rose.

Jean says:

Kira says:

I too love this!

Valerie says:

I enjoyed this post very much Rose.

I can see this in my life every day now, no more coasting. Even though it’s more difficult now, it is forcing me to be more conscious of every single moment.

Thank you for reminding me of the power of kindness. It seems like such a small thing, but it means so much.

Julie says:

Great article, Rose. I find I need more patience than usual these days. Both with other people and with myself.

It’s as easy to be wrong as it is to be right. Reversals can be sudden.

Better to be humble all along, if it can be managed.

teresa says:

Hi Rose,
    Thank you for this very pertinent posting. I needed a reminder especially today to be kind and understanding of others.

Isabella C. says:

I really like that advice, Julie, and thank you for the reminder about patience. It was just what I needed today.

Patience used to feel like a punishment. Now it feels like a balm.

Patience is something that requires a lot of trust, isn’t it?

Julie says:

Wow, great point, Isabella. I feel instinctively that the answer to that question is a yes.

A big, bright YES.

Thanks for making that connection.

Elaine says:

Very beautiful, Rose. Thank you.

Sarah says:

Thank you for these words, Rose. 🙂 Including your full-living-color version of some of this that you shared with us talented-and-sometimes-tentative new aura readers this past weekend, ha!

I keep coming back to this moving walkway analogy. So apt!! Sometimes people see those and think “oh boy, a moving walkway, now I can relax a bit and I will still move forward.” And others think: “oh boy, now I can go REALLY REALLY FAST.”

Sarah says:

I know in airports (and often in life), I tend to be the one racing down the walkway, and frustrated when those in front of me are carrying so much baggage that it’s hard for them to move aside. Such impatience! Sooooo frustrating! Sometimes they choose to just start walking, as if I’ve “pushed” them with my barreling down the walkway.

But then sometimes I’m the one with the full load of luggage, taking a breather for a moment, feeling annoyed at these zippy, unladen people flying by. Geez! Slow down! It’s been a long day, gimme a break! (Etc)

Sarah says:

It’s been amusing for me to see the parallel experiences in other areas of my life–various kinds of growth and learning and evolving.

It reminds me of that George Carlin joke: “Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is a maniac, and anyone driving slower than you is an idiot?”

Love has won for some important causes. I am happy for that. The care Act has actually been a blessing for someone with a prexisting condition. I was born with mine and couldn’t get insurance before. Now I have the best.

Thanks so much to all of you who have been commenting on this thread.

As for you, Ms. JOAN MARIE, I didn’t know about that pre-existing condition. Darn! I’m so glad that you finally are properly protected.

Funny thing about the Affordable Care Act. It removes drama. No wonder success stories have not been in the news!

JOAN MARIE, I like your summation so much. With many of the big changes in America today, love is winning. Caring about people has been a theme. I appreciate your pointing that out.

Sandra says:

“Love is winning”–yes! Virtual high-fives all around!

David B says:

Sometimes, it’s good to be reminded of the simple things when life rushes us forward into the new. We can need a little time to “catch up” to change. 😉

Says he who has just finished unpacking. Took the day to enjoy the area with friends. It’s our Canada Day, our birthday in the north.

Happy Canada Day to you, DAVID, and all you Blog-Buddies who hail from “The Land of Eh?”

And to all of us, yes, SANDRA, definitely high-fives!!!!!

Julie says:

I just finished a book where each of the characters had mottos. One of them was “Be a little kinder than you have to”.

I liked that.

Julie says:

It’s funny how, if we knew the whole story behind each person’s life or experience, we probably would be a little kinder.

There’s a customer who comes in at work, a very surly fellow. He keeps to himself.

Yet one day he was telling how he’s in poor health, doesn’t feel well much of the time, has financial problems, and his dog died recently.

He was saying how much he misses his dog…

Julie says:

All that shows on the surface is the surly behavior. But the story behind it looks different, when you know it.

It seems like, everyone has a story. About what’s hard for them these days. They may never tell us; probably they wouldn’t.

But I suspect there is one. It wouldn’t be too far afield to assume that there is one.

Julie says:

Once in a while something like that will happen and it makes me think “I understand better now”.

JULIE, how lovely, that compassion and curiosity you expressed here!

Even though we don’t necessarily learn a person’s story directly, what can we do? Deeper perception can inform us, open our hearts.

If we choose to, we can do some aura reading or Skilled Empath Merge on just about anybody. If that surly guy were of interest, you might ask his name (first and last), then find a photo online and read away.

What a great use for some of your Technique Time, learning about a person’s energetic story, the Who-You-Be.

Julie says:

What a great idea, Rose, for Technique Time. Even to just read a databank or two per day, on a Person of Interest.

Julie says:

I like the analogy too, of the Aquarian Age to a moving walkway.

One thing I notice about a moving walkway is how disorienting it is to step onto, at least at first.

Then after I’m on it for awhile, I get acclimated, and the new speed becomes normal.

One might even call it “The New Normal”.

Julie says:

I especially like that feeling of being picked up and carried forward. With less effort needed.

Which doesn’t mean no effort needed. Just less…

Enough effort to balance and hold on to the railing.

And for those ambitious souls, to walk forward!

JULIE, thank you. And just to carry forward the theme of ambitious souls moving forward with courage and joy…

My sister emailed me the most wonderful link tonight to a performance of “Lift Every Voice and Sing” by Ray Charles.

Such inspiration for a day of deep meaning in my country! Our beautiful holiday celebrating freedom.

Here’s the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX2nBHYkFeY&feature=em-share_video_user