Does Enlightenment Break Your World Wide Open?

Just how realistic are your ideas about Enlightenment?

Just how realistic are your ideas about Enlightenment?

“Enlightenment will break my world right open.”

That’s what I thought long ago. Might you have some equally fantastic ideas in mind?

If you have been seeking spiritual self-realization, or Enlightenment, you probably do.

I can’t speak to your unique version. Because each person’s ideals are different.

However I can tell you this: Whenever you do cross over the threshold into Enlightenment, it will be the perfect experience for you. Although probably quite different from what you were expecting.

Just as your life up until this very day… has been perfect preparation. Even a necessary part of your journey! In retrospect, many things you thought were obstacles were really gifts for your spiritual evolution.

Today’s article is meant to strip away a few illusions. Ironic, I know: Might expectations about *** Being Enlightened *** be part of your personal bunch of illusions?

My Old Bunch O’ Illusions about Enlightenment

1. Human life has always seemed kind of dumb to me. In Enlightenment, I will have an insider’s kind of experience.
  2. No longer will I be trapped in the stupidity of this place.
  3. Because of my improved connection to God, all problems will disappear.
  4. I will be happy and blissful all the time, not a moment of suffering.
  5. Never will I feel the lesser emotions, like sadness, fear, or anger.
  6. My radiance will be obvious to all, and especially to other spiritual seekers.
  7. There has always been a sacred alternate reality, deep within life on earth. In Enlightenment, that is where I will live all the time.

Can You Appreciate that Every Bit of This is a Fantasy?

If not, ask your questions below. That’s one purpose of our COMMENT boxes.

Incidentally, What Can Break Your World Wide Open?

Skilled Empath Merge.

That is why my book about how to do Skilled Empath Merge contains a Dedication.

And that Dedication contains a poem.

And that poem ends:

“For our world, like you [the reader], is ready to break wide open, and show forth the full joy of God.”

Note: Your world breaks open in a safe way. That’s because you have prepared by first becoming a skilled empath. And then you are using techniques designed to protect you, as well as help you to receive accurate, depth information about what it is like to be another person.

Choosing an Enlightenment Coach

You don’t get to decide when you are given Enlightenment. However, you can speed up the process by working with an Enlightenment Coach.

• I am one (offering three types of help in addition to the Enlightenment Coaching itself: The RES skill sets of aura reading, aura healing, Empath Empowerment®).
  • David Buckland is one.
  • Jeffrey Chappell is one.

Our approaches are very different, as are the approaches of other Enlightenment Coaches. Be discerning in how you choose yours.

Essential for a smart Post-New-Age Consumer! Pay attention to what that person offers. Evaluate if that seems like a good fit for you.

For a prospective Enlightenment Coach, ideally your research will include reading that person’s aura to find out if there really is Enlightenment.

Or you might propose that individual for my Enlightenment Life List. People can be superb teachers and healers without having crossed the threshold into Enlightenment. How helpful can they be as Enlightenment Coaches, though, if still living far from Enlightenment? This is one reason I offer the free aura reading service that you can find at this blog. Just read details in the main post before you submit your candidate.

Or, ha! You might have learned to do Skilled Empath Merge. As a Master Empath, you can research anyone from a regular photograph. Using those skills can help you too.

Today’s blog post was inspired by yesterday’s session with JANE.

David B says:

Great article, Rose. I had a lot of dumb ideas about it as well. Many of my articles are about correcting such ideas and assumptions.

If people are interested, this one lists some common ideas about it that are wonky or incomplete.

David B says:

Thanks for the link, Rose. I don’t give myself any fancy titles but do help where I can with the process.

My primary research is on developing a deeper understanding of the fundamentals so that people have some context for what is unfolding in their own unique way. And researchers are working from a useful context. Too much of what is out there is not complete or inclusive enough yet.

Sandra says:

“All my problems will disappear…” Love your list, Rose, it looks a lot like mine. Thanks for the chuckle!

Sandra says:

Thank you for sharing your wisdom, David. Helpful and reassuring!

Adam McIntosh says:

I don’t want to go into details, but I have been on the list since 2012, and 2015 has definitely been the hardest year of my life so far.

I think being enlightened has been very helpful in dealing with everything, but it has still been hard.

So, yes, very human life continues unabated after you cross this threshold.

Hi Adam

One of the things common to many people after the shift is what is sometimes called the unpacking.

Because we now have an open space, the opportunity is taken for resolving what remains. What has not yet been cleaned up comes to the surface for resolution.

David B says:

This may show up as emotional baggage or as events in the life, etc.

In Vedic speak, this is called the Vasanasa and Sanskaras. Together, they are karma.

David B says:

Having Rosetree skills is a bonus helping process this stuff.

The happy reminder is that you’re cleaning it up this time, not just recycling it for another round.

Adam McIntosh says:

Thanks David, that is helpful to know!

I will entirely understand if your answer to this question is some version of “how long is a piece of string”, but I have to ask:

In your experience, how long does the unpacking phase typically last?

DAVID B., those Comments 7-8, are a reminder to me of the spiritual gems you offer so casually to our conversation here.

Of course, thanks to you for Comment 9.

SANDRA and intrepidly honest ADAM, I cherish your comments here, too.

Hi Adam
    I’d say the answer is how much is there to unpack?

This is rather a combination of how much was cleared by the shift itself (the unsprouted seeds are said to be roasted) and how much has been cleared already.

David B says:

That you’ve been involved with RES certainly bodes well.

Another factor here is the rate. Sometimes it happens that it shows up in larger hunks or more eventfully.

David B says:

Another is the kind we’re carrying. A friend of mine has had little change in his outer life but for me, the outer changed completely.

David B says:

But if you understand that it’s the old unresolved baggage that drove us into this life in the first place, it becomes apparent that as long as we’re human, we’ll be in earth school. We’ll always be working stuff out.

If we’re able to find a way to be OK through the process and facilitate it as best we can, we do clear off the bulk of it as we’re integrating the changes. Then it becomes occasional and life settles out a great deal.

David B says:

One of the things I’ve found useful is to recognize the cycles of time we’re in. That can give a sense of the general pattern this may play out in and why this flavour. For that, I’d suggest a good jyotishi.

Adam McIntosh says:

Thank you David! I deeply appreciate these insights.

Elaine says:

Hi David B and Adam McIntosh. Thanks for this interaction. It helps to shed a little light on something I’ve also been wondering about. Following enlightenment late 2013 I had probably the hardest year of my life where I felt I suffered borderline PTSD due to events that occurred.

Clearing up old stuff perhaps. I’m still dealing to a degree with the aftershocks myself but I continue Rosetree Energetic Spirituality sessions.

Having said that, one thing that has dramatically changed in the last 6 years I’ve been working with Rose and graduates of her mentoring program, my creativity is through the roof in all aspects of my career and work endeavors.

Adam McIntosh says:

Hi Elaine,

I’m sorry to hear that. I feel you about the borderline PTSD, I have thought that exact phrase about myself this year.

I suspect we are equipped to recover a bit faster from traumatic events due to enlightenment, but that doesn’t necessarily make it quick overall 🙁

Good luck with your recovery.

ADAM and ELAINE, thank you for both for this sharing. And, of course, you are both making much more rapid progress at recovering from life drama than before you had crossed the threshold into Enlightenment.

I do think it is important to have honest information about the nature of Enlightenment — especially since there is often a great deal of fantasy in what we are told about any of it: Awakening experiences, moving closer and closer to Enlightenment, how consciousness changes in Enlightenment, and the extra-rapid growth that is available to us afterwards.

For any of you Blog-Buddies, if you are suffering from harsh relationship happenings or disturbring life events, know that Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) sessions can often help a great deal with moving forward.

If there are feelings like borderline PTSD, it is especially helpful to contact an expert at Soul Energy Awakening Hypnosis®. Here is a list of experts at this form of RES, specializing in the removal of large frozen blocks. (Scroll down to find the names and contact information.)

As an Enlightenment Coach, I have the privilege of working with many clients before and after moving into Enlightenment.

Most have had a much smoother, easier life than before moving into Enlightenment. Actually, ELAINE and ADAM are the only ones who have had chunk of really difficult time, to my knowledge.

More commonly the experience, with that Self-Realization, doesn’t involve a lot of unpacking, or dealing with tough karma. And if “A bit of the old K.” does come up, it is greatly helped by having the experience of self based in a more saturated Divine identity than before.

David B says:

It’s worth noting that a difficult period may arise, enlightened or not. Going through it enlightened is much easier, even if the circumstances are not.

There can be unpacking but there can also simply be where you are in the cycles of life. The challenges may have nothing to do with the shift.

That’s partly why I mentioned a jyotishi in comment 15. They can give some perspective on that.

Isabella C. says:

Elaine, David, Adam, Rose, thanks for sharing.

I thought at certain points, after becoming Enlightened, that there was something wrong with me, because I still experienced some intense difficulties.

I remember searching the blog for old comments Adam, Anita, and others had written about things not being perfect for them after Enlightenment, experiencing accelerated learning, etc. I needed support in that way and it really helped me to read them.

Indeed, ISABELLA. Honesty is much needed in the realm of Enlightenment Coaching.

I agree with DAVID that an annual progression with a skilled astrologer can be helpful — for anyone, pre- or post-Enlightenment. Blog-Buddies, a “jyotishi” is someone who practices Vedic astrology.

Just be very discerning in selecting such a person, because accuracy matters. Also, in the early years of this Age of Awakening, it is important to check out the astrologer’s aura, as so many people today have spiritual addiction or the extreme version of spiritual addiction.

Isabella C. says:

I also remember, a couple years ago, during a time when many blog-buddies were Enlightened and I wasn’t, thinking, “Oh, here I am suffering in my un-Enlightened state, and [fill in the blank] hasn’t suffered for YEARS!”

I figured Enlightenment meant you were happy and 100% peaceful all the time, radiating wisdom and compassion. (In that, “Oh silly you, you’re still suffering? Hahaha!” kind of way.) I just couldn’t really grasp otherwise.

Well, come to find, it doesn’t really work that way. Enlightenment does not make you better than others. So if you wish to be haughty about your state of consciousness, it’s still going to bite you in the butt. (In a BIG way.)

What is another factor in the rough experiences that a person can sometimes have post-Enlightenment?

Simply the leadership effect in collective consciousness.

Not until this lifetime is over will each of us fully understand the roles we play energetically and historically as we engage in a human incarnation.

However, it is common that leadership in this way — although the greatest privilege I can imagine — may involve certain karmic consequences where difficulties come up because of that leadership role. While in the guise of personal problems.

Not that I aim to emphasize this. And not to encourage this kind of thinking, particularly. I think the point needs to be made in the interest of full disclosure. Made, perhaps considered, and then let go.

ISABELLA C, that Comment #26 is important.

And yet one more reason to be grateful: RES does include face reading, but never butt reading. Those bite marks can remain one’s little secret. 😉

Sarah says:

Hi Rose,

I’m a little confused by your comment #28. I know you said you’re not trying to emphasize it, so I promise I’ll let it go soon! 😉 But I don’t quite follow what you’re saying and I didn’t want to come away with some kind of weird misconception.

Is it the idea that pioneers/leaders of a group are taking on karma for that group beyond their own personal karma? Or something different?

SARAH, I’m glad you asked. Yes, as far as I understand things so far, pioneers/leaders of a group do take on karma for that group beyond their own personal karma.

When the identity shifts to a much higher concentration of Divine than previously (one characteristic of Enlightenment), one’s version of World Service can get bigger.

We’re still responsible for what we do, such as ethical behavior. Yet what we’re dealing with may involve an entire group in collective consciousness, such as “Single Fathers” or “African Americans in the Age of Awakening.”

Sarah says:

And thank you so much, Isabella, Elaine, David and Adam for sharing your experiences and insight with the not-so pretty parts of life, even in Enlightenment.

Sarah says:

I feel really lucky to be able to read everyone’s accounts of having misconceptions busted, especially your comments #24 & 26, Isabella.

I feel like I am getting to skip some of the pain of misconceptions-and-disillusionment by reading comments from others who have gone before.

Sarah says:

Not all, but some. Surely there are other areas where I will be taken by surprise. 😀

At least now I definitely know better now than to sit and wait for Enlightenment to show up and fix all my problems, haha.

Important comments here, SARAH. Especially that #34.

Even in the Age of Awakening, it is not enough to hang out and wait for Enlightenment. Or expect it to fix human problems. Or spontaneously remove STUFF and give you PUT-IN.

IMHO, this sort of expectation may come straight from the previous age, or traditional culturing of Enlightenment for renunciates. From what I’ve seen, it is mainstream Enlightenment Coaching today.

I think it is useful to add the RES version of Enlightenment Coaching to this mix, both for hastening Enlightenment and for helping us to evolve most rapidly once we have crossed that threshold.

Isabella C. says:

Skilled Empath Merge is great training for Oneness!

It is such a brilliant technique, I think it gives you quite an easy path to what might perhaps be called Unity experiences? (David? Rose?)

Isabella C. says:

Sarah, that is so wise, especially what you said at the end of comment #34.

In some background, blind spot ways I was hoping Enlightenment would solve all my problems.

But, thankfully, I had RES and was passionate about healing. And I had a good teacher who trained me to focus on my human life. And that the path to Enlightenment was through human life, not around it.

As long as you keep healing and growing and doing your best, there’s no need for perfection.

And you’re not alone. I have a feeling it will be easier for you. 🙂

David B says:

There’s another way you can frame this also. As you become more the one that is inclusive of all, you inherit the whole thing.

Then we find there never was anything separate, that we’re all in this together.

Some call this transitionally the “washing machine” as we become processors of the whole. Basically just the same old on a progressively bigger scale.

Lara says:

Isabella re comment 36, in my experience unity feels completely different from empath merges. Everything and everywhere is inside you, you can feel yourself containing everything, and also that it is all an extension of you. But I still feel my own self fully. When I do an empath merge I feel the other persons experience.

I agree, Lara
    Empath skills are a gift that leads to specific kinds of experience about what it’s like for someone else in the specific way.

Unity is a change in consciousness, in our sense of being, that shifts everything – including empath gifts.

Even tastes of Unity are not Unity, just like King for a day is not the same as being King.

Lara says:

True David, but I don’t think empath merges taste at all the same as unity, I wouldn’t call them king for a day with regards to oneness.

David B says:

Ah, Sorry. I didn’t mean to imply that. Agreed. What I mean is that experiences of Unity Consciousness, different than Empath experiences, are still not Unity itself. Hence the King analogy.

Unity, like other stages of development in consciousness, are a shift in being, in who we recognize ourselves as being. Experiencing what it’s like to be another person is not all like being everything. 🙂

Isabella C. says:

Interesting, guys. Perhaps I am getting in over my head with the Unity mention. 😉

I wasn’t saying at all that Skilled Empath Merges are the same as Unity. No no no.

Isabella C. says:

What I was considering is that a lot of the training of doing a Skilled Empath Merge creates pathways/circuits that are very good for, at some stage, experiencing Unity.

A muscle for being able to understand Unity in the context of human life. A backdrop. A space created for it.

Isabella C. says:

I am thinking especially of, that when you are doing a skilled empath merge, “everything you notice now is about your partner.”

Certainly not claiming to be in Unity. 🙂

However what is the point of brushing off my experiences just because they are not THE thing, once and for all?

Isabella C. says:

I found when I became Enlightened it was different but that all my previous experiences, “tastes” had prepared me well to feel quite normal once it clicked in.

Alright, time to go box, hit some stuff, and forget about all this consciousness nonsense. 😉

David B says:

No brushing off, Isabella. Just wanting to bring clarity.

Yes, tastes can make it a more familiar but we shouldn’t confuse that with living it. Too many people get stuck on the idea that X experience is it, I just need to get it back again.

After you’ve shifted, that’s much less likely.

David B says:

One of the things about enlightenment that’s easy to forget. It seems so perfectly normal and ordinary.

But it is such a different experience of life than most people have – and even ourselves, not so very long ago. Each major stage of that is exponentially more so.

Still normal and ordinary and natural. This conversation has touched on few ways how it’s different though.

Isabella C. says:

Mmmm… that makes sense, David. Thanks for explaining.

Lara says:

For sure not brushing you off Isabella! Sorry for creating a misunderstanding. Just meant it will feel completely different to an empath merge. Maybe it is the same muscle but.. hmm It dosent feel like it to me. Unity is not The Thing once and for all anyway, it just becomes a backdrop as you go about living and further evolving, and empath merges are always magical.

Jean says:

Hey everyone –

Just want to give a grateful shout out for this conversation.
    Thank you to David B, Sandra, Adam, Elaine, Isabella C, Sarah and Lara…and of course to Rose.

Quite helpful for me as I move forward with ever less ‘stuff’… yet am concurrently encountering lots of challenge…yet am concurrently encountering lots of creativity…

Guessing you all may be getting my drift.

Well – I will go on with this day in a better frame of mind thanks to what everyone has shared here.
    🙂

Isabella C. says:

I didn’t think you were, Lara, either one of you.

I really greatly appreciate your input. You definitely know more about Unity than me! DEFINITELY! Haha. I think it’s really cool how we have such a well-rounded team here.

David B says:

I woke this am thinking about the points Adam raised.

For me, things in the outer started falling away 2 years before the shift. Some areas of life simply went flat. At a certain point, it became apparent this was creating the circumstances to process and move through the shift and the clearing as quickly as possible.

David B says:

Anything else was apparently superfluous. Took me a little to get used to it but it was a great way to break me out of “managing” everything. A lot happened in a surprisingly short time.

The process became much easier when I learned to go with it. And also as the waking matured. And then the need of the time changed and a new life flowered out of this.

David B says:

That said, many people I know have had few external changes while unfolding profound inner ones. It varies.

I’d say there is a blend of the process of the flowering of enlightenment and the cycles of the life itself. These are closely intertwined in our life experience and vary widely by person.

David B says:

A big part of it is learning how to be with what has changed and work with it rather than fight it. When what we’re called to do changes, it can sometimes take time to figure out. I never would have guessed grad school but as soon as I began moving in that direction (without knowing I was), there was a big push and lots of sync.

David B says:

Writing was another surprise.

Looking back, I see the life as a series of miracles. It didn’t always seem that way at the time. But in retrospect and the feedback of friends, it’s rather amazing what has flowered. Even in very practical ways.

DAVID B., as usual you have given us some thoughtful comments, based in your direct experience, flavored by expert knowledge as an Enlightenment Coach.

Our approaches to Enlightenment Coaching are so different, a reminder that there are many ways to help people in this emerging field that is going to be so important in this new Age of Awakening.

I enjoyed reading every generous word.

David B says:

Thanks, Rose. I’ve found it’s all in the context we give life. It’s so much easier when we understand. The value of empath gifts would be a good example.

Wrote an article recently about this.

I’m really enjoying this conversation. I find it fascinating, how different people experience spiritual enlightenment differently, different perspectives, and also experiences and perspectives that are similar.

Someday I will be able to contribute to threads like this. For now, I enjoy being able to read them.

Lilian says:

ok, my usual tuppence worth of thought. man, that’s a lot of thought going into this chain of comments!

Seeing these conversations in dialogue form can make things more real that reading an essay.

Lilian says:

comment 53: I think you’re talking about a shift into enlightenment or just the shift, and I’m not enlightened.. but certainly in around 2011-2012 my life was almost completely empty.

My mind was still busy, but I think I was stopped from doing my usual 100 things by what I saw as bad luck.

Lilian says:

enlightenment: It did really surprise me that Rose has been telling me I have been moving forward steadily towards enlightenment.

I think many people reckon we are close to mass enlightenment, so that is not unusual… To me, there’s so much more life to do before I’m dead that it barely matters to me.

Lilian says:

I guess what is interesting is that maybe a culture of enlightenment will emerge, where it’s not a special, venerated few who are the spiritual leaders and the rest adoring legions of disciples.

(To me, this sounds like a tedious way to live…)

But that there will a cooperative community of enlightened equals, where the benefit of being enlightened will rise exponentially as more people become enlightened.

Lilian says:

That sounds like a very pleasurable experience of sharing talent and wisdom.

Much like Rose is creating on this blog, but maybe affecting more practical areas of life too… (like enlightened food production, water distribution, energy production and distribution and the way we organise our lives in general …)

A girl can dream. Doing things in a group makes being enlightened so much more worthwhile.

Lilian says:

Or “would make”. I imagine…

Lillian
    OK – to be clear, comment 53 was about emptying out the dross in my life which in my case happened to show up as emptying out some things and circumstances in the world.

This was not in ANY way an inner emptiness. In fact, during the same period, there was periods of profound rapture and overshadowing bliss. At one point, i got very sick and I didn’t even notice until I was sent home from work. I had to stop and look because i felt fantastic but the body needed some care. I got better quickly once that was given.

This integrated quite a bit better soon after but there had been a lot of shifting going on and not everything had clicked in yet.

David B says:

on comment 64, this is already happening. I live in a smallish place. I have an open house on Sunday. Many people coming are enlightened. A few quite advanced.

I am not excluding others. These are simply the people I know better here, in my new town. Like attracts like.

And yes, some of the very awake make a point of simply sitting socially with others awake to amplify the effect. Here’s a couple of quotes on the subject:

Zelda says:

Lillian, I got a kick out of this sentence:

“I think I got put into solitary confinement so that my busy mind would let things process on a deeper level.”

Solitary confinement…such a perfect way to describe a similar process I’ve gone through, too.

Assuming, that is, that you were not being literal! 🙂

Lilian says:

Yeah, thanks for the clarification David.

I can’t say my experience was about joy, but it was pleasurable to just have to time for myself and to let myself feel my feelings and catch up with some inner processing etc.

Lilian says:

I always feel guilty about that, I tend to feel that when I have some free capacity I need to find another way to contribute, so in some way I feel this was enforced.

So different to you, but still valuable.

Lilian says:

Yes, it’s good to see an enlightened community emerging and I’m glad that you’re active in that.

I’m really sensitive about “rank pulling”. It just stresses me out…

I’ve met people who promised me enlightenment by basically asking me to join a cult that offered a series of “attunements”. This was quite random and unwanted. It’s just weird and controlling.

Lilian says:

I can’t imagine I’m very close to enlightenement at all.

But if that’s something I could acheive in this lifetime, that feels soon and that kind of fits with the sense I have always had that in this lifetime I will be “done” with something.

That sense has really motivated me. (Maybe the thing to be done is enlightenment or it may be doing some big bits of karma, I don’t know.) I just need to stay the course and will find out.

Lilian says:

If a lot of people feel that way, that is exciting. 🙂

To be honest, I’m pretty happy most of the time, so whatever enlightenement may or may not be would be an interesting bonus, I guess. :-p

Adam McIntosh says:

I just wanted to say how helpful I found this discussion. Thanks Rose, David, Sandra, Elaine, Isabella, Sarah, Lara, Jean, Lilian, Jessica and Zelda!