Consumer Smarts for Selecting an Energy Healer in the Age of Awakening

Jesus might help in a session in very different ways.

In a healing session, Jesus might help you in how many different ways? Read on….

“When my energy healer works with me, she asks Jesus to help. Does that mean she is doing RES?”

This great question from a new client has prompted today’s consumer article:

• Check out five practical questions you might want to ask before receiving mind-body-spirit healing from anyone.
  • And have you ever thought about this? Read today’s list of 10 different things it could mean when a healer “Asks Jesus to help.”

Sure, you may have great enthusiasm for the power of energy healing. For one thing, even if you haven’t thought much about it, you are living in the Age of Awakening. For everyone now, energy is a shiny new toy. It’s exciting. So it may impress you when any kind of healer says that magic word “Abracadabra.”

I mean “Genie of the lamp.”

Nah, just joking. I mean that magic word “Energy.”

Now let’s get serious, so that I can help you invest wisely when you are seeking assistance.

1. Which System, Or Skill Set, Is Being Used?

All aura healing is not created equal. Or interchangeable.

If someone calls that work “energy healing” or an “energy clearing,” most likely it is a form of energy medicine. Which is, by far, the best known type of energy healing available today.

One way to tell if you are dealing with a professional or not is to ask, “Which system of aura healing?”

Don’t assume. Ask.

Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES)  is NOT the same thing as energy medicine or energy psychology. And we don’t facilitate energy clearings. We facilitate permanent aura healing.

There is more than one valid way to help at the level of the human energy field. So ask. What, exactly, does that aura healer aim to do?

2. How Many Different Skill Sets Are Being Mushed Together?

In social life, friendliness is good.

In aura healing, a certain kind of friendliness is not especially good.

For instance, it is common for well-meaning healers to offer a friendly mixture of hypnosis, meditation, prayer, and mindfulness. If you think that shows professionalism at any of these four very different specialties, think again. And you might wish to have a look at this rather daring, consumer-oriented blog post.

3. How Did Your Aura Healer Get Skills?

That’s a fair question. Asking this does not make you nosey but smart.

For instance, I remember vividly a conversation I had when I was a speaker for Donna Eden’s International Gathering of Eden Energy Medicine.

Chatting with another presenter, Gladys, here is how I remember the conversation. After I asked what her specialty was, Gladys told me brightly, “I pull together what speaks to me from all the best healing out there.”

Turned out, she had read a book or taken an introductory workshop about this, that, and the other. Then she had proudly created the equivalent of a mashup CD.

Maybe that works for music. Could be brilliant for pulling together an outfit. But how well does that mashup concept work for producing quality healing?

To help people significantly requires SKILLS.

Unless someone has Stage Three Energetic Literacy — which of course you can definitely develop, even from this user-friendly book on aura reading — then what is your next best way to know what on earth is going on with energy healing?

Ask human-type consumer questions like, “How did you learn do this?”

Keep asking until you get a sensible, objective reality answer.

• “I graduated from the founder’s training program, earning professional credentials.”
  • “I had a few sessions as a client. Then I took what I learned and hung out my shingle, because I’m way too smart to need more training than that.”
  • “A spirit told me how special I am. Because of my talent, I have never needed to study with anyone human.”

Gee, which do you think is your best bet?

4. How is this work sourced energetically?

Recently we have had some practical discussion here about how work is sourced energetically.

As a Post-New-Age consumer, is it really enough that a practitioner, channeler, mystic, or religious authority makes beautiful claims? For instance: “This comes straight from Jesus.”

Which could really mean practically anything!

Recently we had some discussion about the importance of discernment in receiving readings or energy healing or energy spirituality. Blog-Buddy DAVID B. observed in Comment #10:

Channeling is a very different animal with different effects than talking to the dead, for example.

Generally it seems its about connecting with information on the “other side” without discriminating the quality of the source. Or the energy issues that may accompany such connection.

In his next comment, DAVID wrote:

I recall going to a Spiritualist church one time. They invite the dead to “come through” during the service. One side of the room became very cold and heavy as someones violent deceased father showed up.

Is it a good practice to open such doors? And yet they also practice “energy healing” during and after such services. Do these things really go together?

5. Name Dropping Doesn’t Guarantee Good Healing

How big a fan are you of name dropping? Probably not much. Because otherwise you would be reading a different blog right now. 😉

Back at the client quote that inspired today’s article, what does it really mean when an aura healer asks Jesus (or another Divine Being) to help?

Here’s a SHORT list of possibilities:

1. It is a session of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES), facilitated by an expert who has learned trademarked systems for RES energy READING + RES energy HEALING. As part of the
    RES Mentoring Program, this apprentice or professional has also learned how to co-create with Jesus.
  2. An expert at energy medicine has learned how to co-create with Jesus. (For example, I fondly remember Janet Mentgen, founder of Healing Touch, whom I interviewed for a magazine article. Janet didn’t advertise her connection to Jesus. She didn’t have to.)
  3. A Reiki healer, graduate of the Barbara Brennan School of Healing, or an expert at some other form of energy medicine… has learned how to work with an astral spirit guide… and considers that “just like Jesus.” (Granted, this healing work could be powerful. But, sorry, no astral being is “just like Jesus.”)
  4. A priest, nun, minister, or other clergy member — or a member of a religious group — has learned how to co-create with Jesus. It may be believed that this connection makes it unnecessary to learn any specific healing skills. (Interesting assumption.)
  5. A priest, nun, minister, or other clergy member; or a member of a religious group — has learned skills of energy healing. Because of the strong faith, that person understandably believes that this faith automatically translates into co-creating with Jesus. (Not necessarily.)
  6. A trance channeler believes that he is channeling Jesus. (Consumer alert: Divine Beings do not take people over and use them for channeling. We do not live in the days of Pentecost. We are living in the Age of Awakening. Therefore, with all respect, knowingly or not, every trance channeler is working with an entity.)
  7. A person with no particular healing skills believes that she is co-creating Jesus; and she further believes that this connection makes it unnecessary to learn any healing skills. (Unlikely.)
  8. A person with solid energy healing skills believes that, by loving Jesus, she has automatically learned skills for co-creating with Jesus. (Not necessarily.)
  9. High on a drug like ecstasy, a person is given wonderful gifts from Jesus to heal the sick, “wake up empaths,” and otherwise work great spiritual miracles. (Run!)
  10. A person in spiritual addiction, or extreme spiritual addiction, lives a spaced-out version of life where all is about energy. Or Jesus. And healing will come automatically. (Oh, really?)

You Will Know a Healing by Its Fruits

So true! This is one of my favorite bits of wisdom attributed to Jesus.

Beautiful fruits — that’s what I wish for every one of us.

Today’s article may have spared you some failed experiments. Guesswork can yield the dried-up oranges of disappointment. Get yourself only good fruits.

Kira says:

🙂

David B says:

You make some excellent points, Rose.
    But still, that need for discrimination.

For example, I know someone who woke up and with that came a bunch of healing skills. She works with divine beings and gets powerful results. No this world training.

David B says:

On the flip side, I know someone who had a big flashy experience and claimed to be able to heal for months. Then one day, they woke up from the “fog”. There never was any skill, just a very odd delusion.

And yes exactly – know them by their fruits – not their words nor their believers but their results.

One of those key principles for this curious place called earth school.

Fascinating tales, DAVID. Yes, discernment would have helped people who considered receiving help at the hands of either Healer Inspired or Healer Foggy.

Discernment, as in using skills of energetic literacy before agreeing to accept help from either healer.

As for the healers themselves, both could have been strengthened by supplementing their inspiration with some human-level study.

Healer Foggy might have realized sooner that something was wrong. You know, a (human) reality check.

Healer Inspired might have become even more effective. Divine inspiration is perfectly compatible with the skills developed by professional-caliber human healers.

KIRA, thanks for the liking.

As a reminder to other Blog-Buddies, even a super-short comment like this gives useful feedback to this blog monitor.

Lilian says:

Yes, energy clearings are not permanent energy healings. RES does provide permanent healing. A much cleaner and safer way of doing things.

Lilian says:

You end up thinking that you must be going through some kind of process or something, where eventually you’ll get to the bottom of things.

Lilian says:

Constantly clearing out energy is expensive and frustrating.

Sarah says:

Thanks for bringing this topic out in the open, Rose!

Over at your Enlightenment Life List post, I noticed that you made a related distinction between someone who claims to “channel God” (or channel Jesus), versus someone who co-creates with the Divine and calls it “being a conscious channel.”

Sarah says:

These things are so tricky to discern just based on language. And realistically, anybody can refer to their work however they like, and mean any number of things!

Thank God for energetic literacy… and the common-sense approach that David commented on as well: know them by their fruits.

David B says:

Good point to raise, Sarah. For example Esther Hicks refers to herself as a conscious channel but is conscious while being taken over by an astral being(s). Rose talks about her here and her Magnetize Money book.

Not the same thing.

Tehya says:

“I pull together what speaks to me from all the best healing out there.”

This is incredibly common :-/ And I think many practitioners and clients alike don’t even see a problem with this.

Tehya says:

People do not always equate healing with needing skill in the same way that you want your chiropractor or your psychiatrist to have skills (not just talent!) and the awareness of exactly what they are doing and why.

Tehya says:

I can understand this mindset because I came from it.

I learned many different things from a variety of sources and thought this light training prepared me to create my own hodge podge practice.

Tehya says:

I’m not saying this can’t work or that it can’t help people on their very non-linear paths of self-discovery and spirituality.

But personally anything I would have put together, prior to training with Rose, would have been limited and amateurish. “Jack of all trades, master of none.”

Tehya says:

I do feel skeptical when I see someone hang out their shingle and their website is a long list of a thousand different methods and practices.

Does that always make the person more valuable to their clients? I don’t think it always does.

Tehya says:

I recently checked out the aura of one such yoga teacher turned “everything healer.”

I did yoga with her years ago and she was an AMAZING teacher.

But when I checked out her aura in 2015, it was pretty distorted and icky.

Tehya says:

There were admirable things too, and it’s not about bad intentions.

But I would not trust this person to be my yoga teacher anymore, never mind my life coach or healer.

Tehya says:

On top of that there was a real assurance in her own expertise, which is an attitude I have encountered often from other “patchwork quilt” practitioners.

Maybe it’s compensation for not truly knowing what you’re doing, cause I’ve been THERE too ?

Rose says:

TEHYA, thank you for sharing your experience. It runs SO very counter to New Age culture to make observations like those you have made.

And at a certain time, this was very much the best available. Only now, in the Age of Awakening, maybe we can do better. New standards of professionalism can become available to us.

As clients, and as practitioners, now we may choose to approach mind-body-spirit as Post-New-Agers.

Christine says:

Is one form of healing better than the other? Or do each gave their purpose?

CHRISTINE, of course each form of healing will be especially helpful to certain people at a certain time in their evolution.

What matters is what helps you now.

Becoming a smart consumer can be done in many ways.

RES offers many options. The simplest is to book a session of aura reading research with an RES expert.