Auric Modeling at the Shopping Mall, the Enlightenment Eye Flash and More

The Enlightenment Eye Flash

Introducing the Enlightenment Eye Flash

Lately we’ve had some lighthearted conversation around my new hairstyle and how it generated positive attention at the mall. I was invited by DAVID B. (Comment 37) to explore both confidence and auric modeling .

At first I thought, “Golly, is it really going to take aura reading to respond to these questions?”

Sure, I could have done aura reading research. But, seemed to me, there was a much more interesting answer, especially for us at “Deeper Perception Made Practical.”

Conventional wisdom tells us: “The more confident you feel, the more positive attention you will get from others. More goodies altogether.”

Is this true? What does Deeper Perception tell us? For that matter, what can Abraham Maslow tell us right now, as if rising from the grave?

Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Gives Us a Clue about Folks at the Mall

The great humanistic psychologist Abraham Maslow is justly famous for developing this pyramid concept about human motivations.” (Among other strokes of genius.)

Basically, self-actualization begins with security needs. Once these needs are met, we start caring about more refined needs and desires, culminating in what Maslow called self-actualization. Each of us climbs the pyramid of needs only on a need-to-find basis.

Isn’t that’s true of your life, in terms of your priorities right now? If you were struggling to survive, you’d hardly have time to read or comment here.

Back in the day, when a young adult, didn’t you have to establish yourself with the basics first?

• A home. Including a safe place to sleep.
  • Food.
  • A support system of friends and family connections.
  • A love life, to put it delicately.
  • Income stream for survival, then for more.
  • Appropriate clothing. Perhaps an identifiable hairdo. Purposely proclaiming your social status to the world through physical appearance.

Blog-Buddies, you put these in order of your priorities, of course. Still, your version of survival needs has formed the basis of your lifestyle ever since adultood. True?

Well, what if you receive a shakeup — like moving or finding a new job or a divorce? Immediately you would have to get all those basics sorted out anew.

And then might you rapidly move on to higher needs? Knowing you, Blog-Buddies, I’m guessing you wouldn’t be content to simply accumulate enough live bodies to form your social life.

No, you wouldn’t simply want healthy-looking bodies or sexy bodies, either.

As various survival needs were met you would be seeking people who could become your spiritual companions on your path of self-actualization.

You know, like Blog-Buddies at this sweet, smart, kind online community! Where, improbably, I serve as an Enlightenment Coach as one of my various roles.

Where Does Auric Modeling Fit in?

Subconsciously auric modeling is always being noted by you… not just because it is always being recorded subconsciously. True enough, every single person at the shopping mall and elsewhere — the state of each person’s aura is always a factor, but usually way in the background.

For practical purposes at your nearest shopping mall, how much does auric modeling matter?

Take Shopper Joe for instance, the 25-year-old guy who gave me a glance at my last mall venture. He walked slowly, unhurried to put it mildly. Based on Joe’s body language, I suspect that he was engaged in a typical act of murder that happens so frequently at a shopping mall: Killing time. 😉

Perhaps Joe was also seeking female companionship. Or otherwise shopping.

Point is, he couldn’t have cared less about my auric modeling. Joe was in survival mode — which is when we notice the obvious demographics related to survival.

Survival Mode, Engaging Shallow Human Perception

Survival needs win, followed by demographics, right? Spotting me near him at the near-empty mall, maybe Joe’s list of survival priorities went like this:

1. Is she carrying a weapon aimed at me? Or a weapon that could be aimed at me?
  2. Male or female? Can I make a pretty good guess?
  3. How old is she? (At a distance, best assessed by haircolor and hairstyle.) In this calculus, “too old” makes a person invisible.
  4. Is she the right weight? Similarly “too fat” makes a person invisible.
  5. Is she the right color? Evidently in this case, I passed Joe’s test with the “white” skin that could have meant multi-racial, hispanic, or whatever. Evidently all he needed to see was “white.” Otherwise, gong! Wrong color = socially invisible.
  6. Is she healthy enough? Obvious health defects also cause social invisibility, much like a half-rotted strawberry mixed in with juicy fruit at the produce display.

Well, we humans are animals. Not only animals, but always living in an animal body. The day we don’t give that aspect is due, we aspiring humans become ineffective as humans.

With very human, distinctly survival-oriented Joe, I rated enough to win a very, very subdued “She lives.” Hence I was accorded a passing glance.

Yes, I enjoyed that enormously. Because for the past 20 years I have flunked Question #3. And hence was awarded no passing glances from the likes of Joe.

About how much did this happy event have to do with my auric modeling? Exactly zilch.

About that Alleged Confidence Factor

Even if my new look had given me great new confidence, that wouldn’t have mattered to Joe.

Actually the new look didn’t give me new confidence. Because my confidence was fine before, equally fine after.

I didn’t change my hair look because I was lacking confidence as a person. (JNANA had it exactly right in her Comment 41 at our New Look conversation.) Instead I was simply playing a social game. Don’t most of us play that game?

Let’s contrast that with a fascinating thing that has happened ever since I crossed the threshold into Enlightenment. This has happened to others I’ve asked about it, too.

The Enlightenment Eye Flash, Subtle But Fascinating

Back at the mall, Joe was living from the bottom of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. But what if somebody at the mall was living at the pinnacle?

Somebody like you, Blog-Buddies!

Somebody who is pretty darned awake inside, and yearns for more “normal” consciousness, a.k.a. “Enlightenment.” Somebody like… Gladys.

She does notice auric modeling subconsciously, and when Gladys encounters something notable, her inner self will wake the rest of her up for a brief conscious moment.

So there I go, at the shopping mall or elsewhere, wearing the auric modeling of somebody who lives in householder Enlightenment. Strangers pass by at random, many like Joe. Others paying attention higher up on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, maybe caring about love and belongingness. Or yearning to boost self-esteem.

And then there is Gladys, maybe not yet in Enlightenment but approaching it. “Self-actualization needs” — that’s where Gladys lives on Maslow’s pyramid.

As Gladys and I cross paths, I see a split-second registering of my auric modeling. The probing look zaps out super-fast, right through Gladys’s eyes. It’s a double take, a spiritual one. Sort of a quiet “Aha!”

Trust me, this isn’t the same as if I had been observed pointing a gun at her face. Or wearing super-cute outfit.

Gladys has given a reflexive response, what I call the “Enlightenment Eye Flash.”

Noticing Is Structured in Consciousness

In this example, I’m paraphrasing a gorgeous saying from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, “Knowledge is structured in consciousness.”

Subconsciously Gladys responds to life based on her position regarding the Hierarchy of Needs.

• Of course she checks for weapons at an American shopping mall — at my bank, at the hospital where I visited a dying friend, they have signs posted informing the gun-toting public “No weapons.” Yowza!
  • Once basic security checking is done, though, Gladys is interested in auric modeling. Habitually she looks for kindred spirits on the street, people who have a more “spiritually normal” consciousness, closer to hers.

Gladys may never consciously notice a thing, but her eyes betray that quick moment of recognition. And relief. “I’m not marooned on earth for ever. My soul memories of heaven and God are still true. One way or another I will awaken from this dream state of life on earth.”

Ram Dass’s Story about the Enlightenment Eye Flash

In 1968 I had the good fortune to sit in a small group of people, one of the first to hear Ram Dass speak after his return from India.  This was long before he wrote “Be Here Now.”

This time he was just hanging out with a college professor and some undergrads who had been invited to an informal free event.

One of the stories that Ram Dass told us that night concerned what it was like for him when he returned to America.

He found it fascinating to walk down the street, anonymously enjoying his flashy new version of Enlightenment (the man had been involved in the flash of LSD proselytizing at Harvard, so it isn’t surprising that he gravitated towards the flashy aspects of Enlightenment).

Anonymously because there was no surface-level fanfare. Who noticed?

Well, one woman did notice that splendid auric modeling. She crossed the street and exclaimed, “What an aura! It is my honor to meet you.”

More than an Enlightenment Eye Flash for her! Most people don’t respond that way, however, in 1968 or now. (Of course, for us, living in the Age of Awakening, I wouldn’t recommend walking around reading auras all day long. Now is not 1968.)

Yet still, there can be a quiet recognition, curiosity. Much as happened this week when I stumbled upon my first photograph of Abraham Maslow’s fellow luminary, the great Carl Rogers. One look at his photo and I registered something akin to an Enlightenment Eye Flash. I wasn’t reading auras. Yet I responded.

Later I used some Technique Time to do a proper aura reading and then added him as the latest addition to the Enlightenment Life List.

Consciousness has a lot to do with noticing. Based on your human priorities, including the Heirarchy of Needs, you will notice life’s spiritual beauties today. While evolving fast in human-based spirituality, you’ll notice whatever you notice. And that will be exactly right.

Jessica Gates says:

Fascinating! This really helps me to understand a lot of things as someone, in this case, who can really identify with Gladys. Thank you for posting this, Rose!

Julie says:

I agree, it’s a relief to encounter others who are similar enough to feel some common ground.

Attributes that otherwise might be an issue, like intelligence or consciousness, can be instead an instinct and a shared connection.

It’s a pleasure to encounter these “wake up” moments. And perhaps gain a friend-in-the-making.

Fascinating. I have been noticing this phenomena, but had not thought about it in depth. For me, when I experience those kindred spirit eye flashes, it makes my whole week. It is so seldom that it happens with other adults.

I more frequently experience such flashes with the teenagers I meet at the library where I work, something that gives me hope for the future.

Sandra says:

The “enlightenment eye flash.” Yes, I recognize this one. And this is what I am calling it from now on.

Wonderful comments, all!

I’m curious about experiences of other members of the Enlightenment Life List from this blog community.

BTW, yesterday I confirmed Enlightenment for another one of us.
    I look forward to listing her soon over at the Enlightenment Life List and also the blog post “Moving into Enlightenment, Helped by Rosetree Energy Spirituality.”

When I first crossed the threshold, I noticed this happening quite a lot. I think I’m so used to it now, that I don’t really notice it much any more.

We humans really can get used to anything 🙂 Maybe I’ll notice it more this week now that I’m thinking about it again.

David B says:

I’d say similar to Adam. Although over time, as it goes deeper the effect is getting stronger.

This occasionally results in reactivity. They can be confused as they don’t know what they’re reacting to. (consciously)

David B says:

It may also trigger purification. As it’s not conscious, the mind may get into some sort of blame story.

It may trigger experiences or perceptions in them.

And it can trigger unconscious inappropriate attraction. They’re not attracted to the person but the presence. However they don’t recognize the distinction.

David B says:

It doesn’t happen a lot but has happened enough that I’ve gotten used to it and how to respond. It makes for the occasional awkward social moment.

But I also do make those connections with others similar.

David B says:

Occasionally I talk to someone who says they don’t believe people are waking up in large numbers because they’ve never met one.

But I meet them all the time and socialize with same. When it’s conscious and there is resonance, it’s like meeting an old friend.

katie says:

Really interesting. I have noticed this too! Being an empath learning to be skilled I have been trying to make sure I don’t muddle up recognising a kindred spirit with an untrained empath merge!

KATIE, welcome to the blog. This is your first comment here, right?

And it’s just superb. Thank you.

ADAM and DAVID B., thanks for your shares too. Fascinating!

Probably every one of us has been to an evening ceremony of a spiritual nature, where each person lit the candle of a neighbor until all the lights were aglow, shining against the dark.

Could be that is what is happening now with consciousness on the planet, only more complex and subtle.

If so, Enlightenment Eye Flashes are not just real but important.

Julie says:

I’m not positive about eye flash, but I did have someone do a double-take when they met me this weekend. I went to a bird-watching class and met the instructor.

When he started his talk, he glanced at me quickly, then looked again much longer and deeper. An immediate double-take.

Julie says:

I’m not sure what warranted the longer glance, but I can tell you it wasn’t hair or clothes or physical appearance.

I have a real radar (and aversion) for when people are checking me out purely based on clothes or outer appearance.

Julie says:

It’s nice to have someone look for the “person” rather than the more superficial things.

I was pleased to meet someone with intelligence, and (I believe) not in spiritual shutdown.

Julie says:

It was as if the first look was with the eyes, and the follow-up with other senses.

Informed by other senses and with full attention brought to bear.

Fascinating, JULIE. Thanks!

Lilian says:

People sometimes take a shine to me in this way, and I can see something flash in their eyes as they talk to me. It’s basically what gets me jobs at interviews. Often thought that was more about them, then their possible reaction to me. (Again, not that I’m enlightened, but I am somewhat on the self actualisation spectrum.)

Lilian says:

But then I learnt, that I bring out the best in people in some ways, but I need to work with people who don’t need me to do that!

Lilian says:

Though the truth is that most people judge you in terms of how inconvenient your existence is to them, no matter is you’re meant to be family or whatever.

David B says:

Rose – re: Comment 14
    While there is that element of one light lighting another, I tend to see the process more as a Tsunami coming in. We may only catch the splashes here and there but the groundswell is much greater.

Lilian says:

Actually, a saw a kind of flash from my boss the other day, and I was wondering what that was. At the time, it reassured me that he was trying to build something more than the usual stressbox biotech company.

Lilian says:

And I appreciate your comments David. We’re here to give each other clues on how to evolve. Personally, I get fascinated by entrepeneurs, as that’s what I want to figure out how to be.

Emily says:

I don’t notice this so much maybe I could look out for it now I’m aware of the possibility. I do find that young children tend to stare at me and continue staring even after I’ve made funny faces or smiled at them. I’ve also had children spontaneously wave at me as if they recognise me.

Emily says:

Lilian, I can relate to your comment 20. People do “take a shine” to me at interviews and on social occasions related to my volunteering. I had one friend who told me his mother who I had only met that week was (platonically) infatuated with me and wouldn’t stop talking about me.

David B says:

Good point Emily. I’ve found that with kids and babies too sometimes. The parents are not always sure what to make of it.

But the flash thing depends on eye contact. Some empaths are cautious with that.

Lilian says:

Emily: 🙂 At least you know you’re enlightened. Imagine not knowing you’re enlightened, and then wonder why people react to you that way!

David B says:

In case people may think this unlikely, I’ve met several people who woke up but didn’t know it yet. One had been for 10 years.

A couple of them suspected but where unsure.

And of course, also several people who thought they where but where not. (The Enlightenment List here attests to that.)

Emily says:

Lilian yes I guess that does help 😛

Also about the entrepreneurship, I’d recommend Jennifer Dizura. She has written a lot of articles freely available online, including under the mantle of “Get Bullish” she also does webinars. I listened to one last night on “Side Hustles and start-ups” it was very interesting.

Emily says:

David, you make a good point. Ever since the Empath Empowerment Level 1 workshop with Rose back in 2012, I make a point of being cautious about eye contact! I normally look at the bridge of the nose or take quick glances.

Lilian says:

That is so funny David. It just shows how normal enlightenment is.

Thanks Emily. Will look her up. Celebrities like kardashians have completely different strengths to me. That s what makes them interesting. From rose s magnetising money book that I be re read properly, it looks like enlightened entrepreneurs are out there. ?

David B says:

Emily – actually that was one of my early adaptations in the unconscious ‘be invisible’ response – avoid eye contact.

People communicate way more than they realize through the eyes.

Katie says:

This is a fascinating topic …has anyone got any suggestions for how to deal with eye flash at work when the other person seems confused about what happened and you don’t want to start blabbing about post new age things for fear people thinking your crazy;)

Katie says:

Rose – I have been reading your blog for a few months now and it has been a Godsend …I had been feeling Post New Age for years!

Lovely to know that there are soulful, intelligent people on the planet who are not stuck at the spiritual addiction stage (am recovering myself and it’s so refreshing!)

Katie

KATIE, this is a wonderful community here and I’m so glad you’re hanging out with us and, even, commenting.

Please spread the word about RES to anyone you think might be interested. My current book catalog is one of the easiest ways to get an overview.

Commenting can help you receive even more, plus I know that I (among others) am very interested in what you have to say.

David B says:

Hi Katie
    In a professional situation like that, I wouldn’t raise the topic unless they do. You may be more conscious of their response than they are.

Raising the topic would either amplify it for them or they won’t know what you’re talking about.

David B says:

If they raise the topic, keep it light. Like you can joke about your charm. Going into more detail unless you’ve gotten to know where they’re coming from is rarely helpful.

In this kind of arena I’ve found it more useful to respond to questions rather than offer answers. Let them lead it.

DAVID B., I agree.

KATIE, in general when you have a concern about energy, evaluate if it is a HUMAN-type problems.

Living in this Age of Awakening, many people have problems or glitchy things related to energy. Don’t make it your business to fix this. Make sense?

Emily says:

Katie, I agree with David and Rose on this point.

Emily says:

You could answer questions if it comes up but you noticing this flash is kind of subjective because only you know what it really is.

They could have all sorts of interpretations or even not consciously recognise it is happening.

Emily says:

I think if you have a personality that you can attribute things to you can ward it off.

For example, people often describe me as very enthusiastic and approachable about my work so sometimes I can use that to describe myself and for some people they can take that and be like “oh she’s just really really really enthusiastic and approachable”!

Julie says:

Katie, I had something like that happen at work. I had come up behind a group of coworkers and was standing there. One of them didn’t realize I was there, and started to turn around.

From her side vision, all she saw of me was a flash of light. It startled her! She described it several times. For the rest of the evening, she looked at me with a bit of fear.

I didn’t try to say anything about it, since I figured it would be quickly forgotten. And it was.

JULIE, how you handled that sweet situation seems to me like the ultimate in “Cool” in the Age of Awakening.

Katie says:

Hi All,

Thanks for your ideas,help and insights. Rose, I think I know what you mean – don’t fix energy in others because I am likely to fall into an unskilled empath merge …and it’s not helpful to them!?

Katie says:

David and Emily – thanks for your advise too …I do tend to notice but aim not to engage with other peoples ‘mixed up energy stuff’ and also am described as a very enthusiastic person!

Katie says:

Just wondering if the difference between an eye flash and an unskilled empath merge is that eye flash is a pure higher self to higher self communication whereas an empath merge results to stuff getting stuck in your energy field?

Katie says:

How can a post new age person ensure eye flash and discourage unskilled empath merge when both happen so quickly …perhaps it will be easier once I become more skilled.

KATIE, regarding your Comment 11, please have a look at today’s blog post about Enlightenment Eye Flash.

Go to the heading “Recognizing a Kindred Spirit.”

KATIE (and fans of Katie), also see the heading “What Does Enlightenment Eye Flash Have to Do with Unskilled Empath Merge?”

DAVID B., I just love that Comment #23. As an Enlightenment Coach you have such a different perspective from mine. Woo-hoo!

Regarding your Comment #46, KATIE, see the heading in today’s blog post, “Do You Need to Fix Energy ANYTHING Happening to Others?”

And regarding Comment #49, KATIE, check out “No Need to COMPARE Energy Things, Either.”

Phew, enough said for one morning!

Rachel says:

I really like Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and think there’s a lot of truth in it.

Presumably a person needs to ‘self-actualise’ before they can cross over into enlightenment..? i.e. all areas of human life have been satisfactorily mastered (though of course there may still be problems to solve).

RACHEL, it’s mysterious. You’re not the only human being to supply a ????? or several thousand question marks about this.

A new blog post is a’coming… all in good time.

Thanks so much for this thought-provoking comment.

Rachel says: