Seven Ways to Protect Yourself Energetically from Icky "Entertainment"

Sometimes choosing to be happy can be pretty simple

Sometimes choosing to be happy can be pretty simple

Subconscious-level STUFF can cause us to consciously do a lot of things that we don’t really want to do. Causing conscious conflict, confusion, and (basically) mess. One of the best ways that Deeper Perception can be made practical is solving everyday problems.

Problems that seem to be strictly about human problems. Or mysterious weaknesses like “I don’t have control over my taste in music.”

What can help better? Learning about your potential for emotional growth and energetic healing through RES (Rosetree Energy Spirituality). Specifically our energy HEALING skill sets for the Age of Awakening.

When you remove energetic causes of a problem and follow up with waking up a stronger soul expression, it’s remarkable how your life can come back to you!

In that spirit of empowerment, we have been discussing how cords of attachment could be involved in listening to rap music. Whether or not we consciously like the pumped-up feelings aroused by it.

Gee, Might It Be Possible to Like Something Not Good for You?

Might you say, consciously, “I’m cool” while, energetically something happens to you that is decidely not cool?

Let’s answer the question proposed in Candid Thoughts on Rap. A Guest Post by ISABELLA C. As noted in that blog post, I mentioned that one type of STUFF involved in listening to music can be cords of attachment. Then I noted:

And, of course, listening to any performer with interest for a minute or longer will almost always result in your having a cord of attachment to that performer. As well as a spiritual tie. However large. However lovely.

You DO know what the exception is right? About why you might not have a cord of attachment to that performer.

Cords of attachment won’t happen if the performer is DEAD at the time you become interested. Otherwise, you will have one. Earplugs or not. 😉

A cord of attachment starts when you spend a minute or so being interested in another person for the first time. A spiritual tie towards that person, from you, likewise starts. The FIRST time in your life that this happens.

Unless the person in the video or wherever is dead at the time of this incident.

So how can you protect yourself energetically from performers whose music you find questionable?

Feeling Pulled towards Entertainment You Don’t Really Like

What if consciously you feel balanced as a person yet you keep being pulled towards music, or people, or lovers, that you don’t really like? Energetically there is a problem.

It could be related to a cord of attachment or could be related to another kind of STUFF.

One way to protect yourself is related to cutting cords of attachment.

Your best recourse, IMO, is to seek out a session of Aura Healing with an expert at Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES). Don’t ask for a “cord cutting session.” Just bring an intention like, “A stronger sense of self” or “Enjoy my hobbies more” or “Enjoy my life more.”

What if you have learned how to cut cords of attachment for self-healing?

By all means, facilitate cutting one cord of attachment per week. Include musicians and politicians you especially dislike. (More details are in my two how-to’s for this form of self-healing.

Now that we’ve got that cleared up, let’s go on to things you can do right now to protect yourself energetically from forms of “Entertainment” that you sense aren’t that great for you. Because, as DAVID B. noted in Comment #10, “I really think our culture doesn’t get the impact this constant message has on us.”

More Ways to Free Yourself from Icky Entertainment

Here come five more ways to protect yourself energetically from

1. Avoid energy hypochondria.

Your strongest energetic protection in the Age of Awakening is to be interested in your human life, follow your (human) bliss.

What is energy hypochondria? It means being a perfectionist about your personal energies.

This happens easily with spiritual addiction. Well, avoid spiritual addiction, too.

2. Say yes and no honestly.

If you like a kind of music, or movie, enjoy it.

Please don’t just say “I don’t know.” That’s for lazy people. Irresponsible people. Or drunks.

If you’re not sure about why you like something, take a few seconds to say out loud why you like it.

• Do you like rap to pump you up? That’s your motivation.
  • Do you like rap because you feel that a cool girl needs to be slutty? Say that out loud and let your conscious mind hear it.

Why not admit your own preferences to your conscious mind? (Eventually you might question some of those preferences, like that wonderful result about my client who recently gave up BDSM. That’s optional compared to simply being reasonably honest with yourself.)

3. Say no to avoidable garbage.

Even if no STUFF is produced, your subconscious mind will store every memory.

Ask people to turn off that TV.

Even in public spaces, like waiting rooms, you can ask them to turn off the TV. Or at least change the channel. Many people just don’t think. Well, you can.

And many people go along with “entertainment” they really don’t like simply to be polite. Even though it is YOUR waiting room. YOU are the customer.

4. And sort out other garbage, if it’s unavoidable.

If you can’t get a decent response from the person in charge, turn away from the screen. And I’m with SANDRA and her Comment #2. Put your hands over your ears or wear earplugs.

Although you wont be avoiding a cord of attachment, you will be protecting your subconscious mind and the storehouse of impressions within you that remembers everything. (Everything, not just what meets the standards of your conscious mind.)

5. Once monthly, facilitate a negative thought form healing.

If you know how, Blog-Buddies, do use that easy skill for self-healing.

You can learn to remove negative thought forms (plus plenty of other useful skills) from “Use Your Power of Command for Spiritual Cleansing and Protection.”

Important: Don’t just turn to that part of the book. Start at the beginning and do all the exercises through that entire chapter. Otherwise you will not have a depth experience of the healing and cannot expect the full results.

So, yes, you can do a great deal to protect yourself energetically. Reasonable things. You’ll feel better, too.

Kira says:

Interesting info! Hard to believe there wasn’t a comment on it already.

Curiouser and Curiouser (As Ever) says:

Thanks for the reminders, Rose.

Curiouser and Curiouser (As Ever) says:

P.S. I gave up television years ago, and ever since I started studying your books (and in sessions with you) I have found it increasingly difficult to rouse myself to go to the movie theater– too much formulaic, tasteless, pointless junk.

Curiouser and Curiouser (As Ever) says:

And I despair to find so many televisions blaring the likes of Fox News or CNN in hotel lobbies and restaurants and airports.

My own strategy for those kinds of spaces — I mean, where it isn’t possible to get them turned off– is to put on my noise-canceling earphones and either listen to a podcast or music or read something.

Curiouser and Curiouser (As Ever) says:

I never travel without them. On airplanes, for those pesky seat-back screens that can’t be turned off, I have been known to attach a sheet of paper using Post-Its.

My usual backup strategy for really annoying visuals is a floppy hiking hat that I keep in the outside pocket of my carry-on bag.

Mina says:

this is a very interesting post. i choose to write as ‘Mina’ today just because…i feel a bit of shame regarding this:

usually i am very much against mass media culture…it’s all a big lie. i am a very critical person and question a lot of what i see.

Mina says:

on the other hand i have weak moments where i dive into the lives of celebrities and look at various instagrams of so called ‘cool’ people. it can be kind of addictive.

i compare myself a lot. i feel stuck and look at how people live their lives. which doesn’t improve my life at all.

i might have lots of cords of attatchment to those people. people i haven’t even met personally.

Mina says:

i read at one of your older blog posts, rose, https://www.rose-rosetree.com/blog/2011/12/17/path-enlightenment-energy-spirituality-east-meets-west/ – ‘…Energy Spirituality is only 50% about releasing STUFF. The other 50% of Energy Spirituality — the part that newbies take a bit longer to appreciate usually — is what you put in.’.

Mina says:

i get your statement – one has to do things in life, in objective reality, to feel good. (put in)

but when feeling very stuck – when someone has felt like this most of his/her life – that something big stands in the way – one maybe can consider a SEAH session?

Mina says:

i’m kind of addressing various topics at the same time, hope this is ok:-)

…Curiouser and Curiouser (As Ever): just recently i had to wait at an airport and tried my best to get away from the flood of information that was…everywhere.

David B says:

I would note to be careful about getting into an internal battle about your environment.

Sometimes we can make changes but sometimes not. Better to put your attention on something else that sitting there annoyed.

I have been surprised though – canned music used to be boringly generic. Now it’s full of words of anger and loss.

Jennifer says:

To Curioser, thank you! You put it well. I am wondering how the constant bombardment of information affects people energetically, especially for an HSP or empath. What strategies could someone, empath or not, use to protect themselves? It sounds like you have some good ones already.

Thanks so much, everyone, for these astute comments. Of course, MINA, it is okay to address many topics. I do appreciate when you’all keep comments brief, as is the style to make our blog readable.

Otherwise I will use my monitor’s privilege of breaking up comments into smaller chunks.

Your Comment #8 is especially important, MINA. Results from RES come from PUT-IN, not just from removing STUFF.

This combo helps to make the emotional and spiritual growth permanent.

What to do when feeling stuck, MINA? Perhaps Soul Energy Awakening Hypnosis will be your best next step, but other skill sets of RES might be more appropriate… and simpler, as this form of past-life regression needs to be done in person.

What do I recommend? Choose one intention out of all the many areas of life where you seek improvement. Have a session of aura healing with me, a regular 55-minute one, by phone or webcam or in person.

Then I will select the healing centerpiece that helps you most. If it seems to me that Soul Energy Awakening Hypnosis would be a good next step, I’ll tell you towards the end.

Long-term clients (and even new ones) sometimes underestimate the richness of skills available now in Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

There can be an assumption that “I’ve cut my most important cords of attachment,” so there can be nothing further to do.

That’s ridiculous. RES is a rapidly-growing field, including six distinctly different trademarked systems. And each one can include many different skills to move out STUFF and add PUT-IN.

Vibrational Re-Positioning®, for instance, comprises a whole range of approaches.

Why would a client know which skill sets to use? You’re not expected to.

I think, for instance of JOE, a psychiatrist who had some sessions and then became convinced that Empath Empowerment was the answer. He needed to upgrade his skills further as an empath. (He thought.)

In a short series of sessions JOE did have a significant breakthrough. But in his case it wasn’t empath skills. He needed better vibrational positioning. And he got it.

To sum up, how can you get the best help from RES? You don’t have to become an expert. Just be the expert on you!

So don’t give up. And definitely schedule one session at a time, starting with a 55-minute one.

JENNIFER, regarding your Comment 12, fear not. You’ll note that all the seven tips in this article help you to protect you energetically by doing human-type things.

That is so important. Avoid doing techniques to clean up your energies as you go, etc. Such a mess that creates!

Your Mom was right when she said things like “Be sensible.” Even now, in this Age of Awakening, we can get a lot out of that.

Emily says:

Hello! I can only see 4 tips? 1,2,4,5

Inspired by you, EMILY, here comes an accounting of all seven tips that I’ve shared with you in this article.

(Including one pullout I have just fixed in editing, inspired by you.)

1. Right after this heading, “One way to protect yourself is related to cutting cords of attachment.”

2. Right above this heading, “That’s a second way to protect yourself energetically from icky “Entertainment.”

3. Avoid energy hypochondria.

4. Say yes and no honestly.

5. Say no to avoidable garbage.

6. And sort out other garbage, if it’s unavoidable.

7. Once monthly, facilitate a negative thought form healing.

Emily says: