Big Problems Averted by Cutting a Cord of Attachment After a Death

Cutting cords of attachment can help to renew hope after a death

Cutting cords of attachment can help to renew hope after a death

When he called for his session of aura healing, my client Joe was pretty upset. He’s the top executive at a major company. In that leadership capacity, Joe oversees multiple facilities, supervising dozens of managers; he is responsible for the livelihood of thousands.

And usually that Joe is pretty darned serene, no matter which problem he faces.

But for this phone session, Joe was audibly upset. One of his top managers, the CFO, just died in a car crash. The sudden death of “Mr. Gladys” shook my long-term client.

Joe’s intention for the session was to enjoy his life more. And that session proved very successful for him, both helping him now plus — it turned out — Joe’s session safeguarded him against problems that could have arisen in the future.

When I read Joe the cord items, I realized that they might make for a good blog post. So I asked for permission and, graciously, Joe gave it. In adapting today’s information about cord items and logical consequences, of course, I have disguised some details to protect my client’s anonymity.

Incidentally, at the end of this article you can find some nuts & bolts information about cutting cords of attachment, just in case you are fairly new to this type of energy HEALING skill for the Age of Awakening. This trademarked system for cutting cords of attachment is one of many skill sets for aura healing in Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES).

Introducing the Cordee

Joe named Ms. Gladys, the widow, as a candidate for cutting the cord of attachment.

Years before, I had facilitated cutting Joe’s cord of attachment to his manager, Mr. Gladys. And, of course, Joe didn’t “get a new cord” because of the death. Because, when people who facilitate cutting cords of attachment have skill, they know full well that a properly cut cord of attachment never returns. Period.

With these energy cords, there is no such thing as “re-cording.” There are only practitioners whose skills are not quite up to the task of producing permanent healing.

Wisely Joe realized that cutting his cord of attachment to this new widow might be an excellent choice for helping him to regain peace of mind.

Many years before, Joe had heard Mr. Gladys tell stories about his wife. The first time he heard one (of course), he briefly became slightly interested in her. That’s all it took. Being human, Joe immediately had both a spiritual tie and a cord of attachment to her.

In person? At the level of human reality? Joe only met her once. In the hospital, right after Mr. Gladys died.

However, the contents of a cord of attachment changes over time, in the direction of which incident is more upsetting. By the time he called me, cord of attachment was a 10 on the Yuckiness Index (which goes from 1-10, with 10 being the worst).

It was very, very wise of Joe to ask me to research this candidate for cutting a cord. Following with the usual 12 Steps to Cut Cords of Attachment(R) we proceeded with cutting this death-related cord of attachment (the “Healing Centerpiece” in Joe’s session of RES aura healing).

While reading what follows, Blog-Buddies, can you guess what was especially problematic?

The Cord of Attachment to the Dead Man’s Widow

Usually, when reporting cord dialog, all cord items are listed and numbered with attribution. Only, in this case, all the cord items came from Joe’s side of the dialog box, so I will omit his name.

1. Seeing Ms. Gladys at an event in conjunction with her husband’s death.
  2. Feeling uncomfortable.
  3. Feeling awkward about looking her in the eye.
  4. “Death is so frightening to acknowledge.”
  5. Process-oriented cord item: Frozen blocks triggered about my dying.
  6. Process-oriented cord item: Frozen blocks triggered about what would happen to my wife and children if I were to die.
  7. Process-oriented cord item: Frozen blocks triggered about fears of having my body betray me by making me so sick I can’t work. Or causing death.
  8. Scared, worried.

Logical Consequences (Benefits) that My Client Could Reasonably Expect

Here are some of the logical consequences that I discussed with my client Joe. Of course, you Blog-Buddies who are familiar with cords of attachment know that there are two types of logical consequences, or results, that a client can expect.

• Sometimes there are logical consequences related to the former cordee.
  • Always there are logical consequences about the client’s life, from now on.

Result 1.

Related to Cords Item #1-7 : Finding it easier to interact with Ms. Gladys. On the surface level of human reality, it can be awkward dealing with a widow. Socially and emotionally a person can feel uncomfortable. Cutting a cord of attachment won’t change that.

In RES, one of our mottoes is, “Let’s deal with reality. And get real, if necessary.”

So what could reasonably be expected to change? While he still had that cord of attachment, whenever Joe spoke to the former cordee, or had other contact with her, loads of upset feelings would have gone through him subconsciously and energetically. Fears related to the old cord items!

But no longer. Because that cord of attachment is gone for good.

Result 2.

Related to Cord Item #8: More peace of mind.

Obvious, right?

Result 3.

Related to Cord Item #6: Fewer worries about his health.

Starting long before we had this RES session, Joe has had to deal with some long-term health challenges. Understandably, he was vulnerable to having related frozen blocks triggered because of the death of someone he knew.

Yet the frequent triggering of frozen blocks because of process-type cord items was extra, representing a special kind of problem. Unless this particular cord of attachment had been removed, including this particular cord item, Joe would have been vulnerable to extra health fears for the rest of his life.

Now? Nope.

Result 4.

Related to Cord Item #4: Likewise Joe was now less likely to worry, or daydream, about dying.

Result 5.

Related to Cord Item #3: That cord item was listed in quotes because, although true at the time of the incident, it is not true in life.

At least it doesn’t have to be.

With this cord item gone, Joe was less likely to put into denial (subconsciously, as a habit) thoughts and feelings related to death.

IMO, this was the most important cord item to release. Denial, self-numbing, never helps a person… except arguably for disturbing material that has, for good reason, been suppressed or repressed psychologically.

By contrast, Cord Item 3 was a process contributing to inner numbness.

This would have impacted him for the rest of his life whenever Joe saw a death on TV, or read about a death in a newspaper, or had any encounter with death as a topic — no matter how casual the connection.

Death is a part of human life. Numbness or denial about something so essential does not contribute to quality of life, either health or peace of mind.

Or would it help Joe with moving forward rapidly on his path to Enlightenment. Which this client has been doing for years: Moving forward very, very rapidly on his  path to Enlightenment.

Cutting Cords of Attachment, Nuts & Bolts

This blog can tell you a great deal about cutting cords of attachment. Here is a link to our Top Ten List on the topic of cutting cords of attachment.

You’re invited to become a smart PostNew Age consumer about energy healing in general and cord cutting in particular. Many so-called authorities have not been well trained, or they use an approach to cutting cords of attachment that might not produce significant results.

Just this week I had a call from a very upset stranger. She had attended a pranic healing workshop where, supposedly “all her cords of attachment were cut.” This woman was really, really upset.

Well, don’t blame that on cutting cords of attachment. It’s like thinking that all cars break down on the road, failing to get you to your destination. Sure, that’s true of SOME cars. Not a well-working car, right?

I would encourage you to do you research. Make it your business to learn a reponsible, effective skill set to cut cords of attachment for self-healing.

If you would like to learn from me via a workshop, I will be announcing all workshop dates later this fall. (Incidentally, if you are interested in learning to cut cords of attachment, you will do a much, much better job if you also take my Aura Reading Level 1 Workshop. And dates for that will be coming up soon.)

Both these workshops are requirements before applying for the Mentoring Program in Rosetree Energy Spirituality. Which is THE way to prepare for a part-time or full-time career in this emerging field for mind-body-spirit style emotional and spiritual growth.

What else? You can also book a session for aura healing and transformation with someone who has been rigorously trained in RES. Not just me.

Don’t ask any of us for “A cord-cutting session,” though. An expert in this field can tell if this would be an appropriate way to help you at the time of your session. Or whether a different type of STUFF-removal would be more appropriate.

Your job is to bring a human-type intention instead. Maybe that same one Joe used: “Enjoy my life more.”

Kira says:

Interesting!

Dana20 says:

Thank you! Such a great reminder about the level of stuff that can be in a cord of attachment and healed with a cord cutting. Also a great reminder that frozen blocks can be stuck too!

katie says:

Hi Rose,

If it only takes showing interest in someone to form a cord of attachment we must have loads of cords to every person we have ever thought about ….how is a smart post new age person going to get though the back log of cutting all these ties?

Feeling a bit overwhelmed with my list of people I should cut cords with …being an empath who is only just learning to be skilled …I must have cords to many people.

Lilian says:

Yes, this was pretty life saving for me at one point…

Thanks, all, for your comments here.

KATIE, you have raised an excellent question. Don’t expect a response right away, but one is a’coming.

Emily says:

Katie I also had the same thought at one point! Jeez there are so many people, and therefore so many minor cords, and I keep meeting people so I’ll never get around to the major ones LOL!

Emily says:

What I did was to actually create a list for different groups of people I might want to cut the cord of attachment too one day. Then I prioritised it by people I’m still in contact with, who I spend the most time with and also whose name I hear most often. Then it is just one cord per week but then you can narrow it down. I find I learn a lot from each one and the h/w each time anyway.

Emily says:

I also think about how much practice and learning you get from that many cords in the first place. Back in the day when you might have lived in a rural place with only a handful of people you just wouldn’t have had the same opportunity to learn and grow as much!

Emily says:

For example, I have added to my list that lady that hit my car with her car door and dented it slightly then got really angry with me when I pointed it out to her. I haven’t cut the cord of attachment to her yet but since she’s written down I won’t forget about it and won’t lose the potential opportunity to do so.

Emily says:

Also If I can quote a comment from Zelda that inspired me so much I saved a screenshot to my evernote:

“”There is most definitely hope! Taking advantage of the opportunities to learn skills from Rose and to have sessions will most definitely help.

Since learning how to cut cords of attachment I have cut 244 cords, and consider this a vital skill.

Energy hygiene is as important to me as dental hygiene. I regularly use spiritual cleansing techniques. All of the various skills and ways to remove STUFF have made it easier to know who I am. I am no longer victimised by my empath gifts.

I recommend consistently keeping at it all, in one way or another, in whatever way is possible. This has helped me the most. It has been 6 years now since I first encountered Rose’s work and I have kept chipping away at removing STUFF, going after Soul Thrill, and developing skills. “”

~Zelda June 25th 2014

EMILY, thank you so much for these practical insights. Including that great wisdom from our Blog-Buddy ZELDA!

Zelda says:

Here I was, poking around at the blog before going to bed when I came across your comments, Emily. I was touched that you saved a past comment of mine and I’m glad that it helped you!

Emily says:

Thank YOU for the inspiration Zelda 🙂

Zelda says:

Since the topic of death is related to this conversational thread, it seems like perhaps the best place for a question I’ve been pondering, Rose.

Probably because of the heavy influence of Latin American cultures in my neck of the woods, it’s common for there to be “Dios de los Muertes/Day of the Dead” rituals on Nov. 1 or 2. I know that honoring this holiday is important in parts of Europe, too.

Zelda says:

This year, I’ve been feeling drawn to the ritual aspect of these events as a way to remember those who’ve died that I’ve been missing lately and have been thinking about joining the community event in my city.

Zelda says:

But then the education I’ve received from you about astral entities has me fearful of stepping into mucky astral territory that may not be wise.

I’m wondering what your thoughts are on this.

Zelda says:

I’ve been sensing in myself a longing for more community and ritual in my life which then bumps up against the concerns about getting pulled into extreme spiritual addiction.

I sense in myself a healthy fear of going down that road and great skepticism about most spiritual groups these days.

Zelda says:

Perhaps the best approach is to use Soul Thrill research in a session to check out particular communities, but I thought it was worth asking about your thoughts on Day of the Dead in particular.

Aw, ZELDA, I know that I wrote a book called, “Let Today Be a Holiday.” But this is the first time anybody has asked me to comment on one.

It does come down to your particular reaction to a particular event in your particular community. So Thrill Your Soul Aura Reading Research is my suggestion for a way to go.

As for the yearning for community, I am very aware of that.

For some of you, this blog brings community. To you lurkers who nearly never comment here, I think you’ll find that you will gain more of that sense of community if you do some comments (even anonymously). That helps Blog-Buddies to interact with you.

The Empath Empowerment Skills Group on Facebook also aims to create community.

It’s very informal, yet refreshingly un-weird. (To my taste, at least.)

You’all are very welcome to check it out and even officially become a member. Here is the click-link.

Irene Kr says:

Zelda, I hear you when it comes to skepticism about spiritual groups. It’s a tricky balancing act for me.

Irene Kr says:

I want to make connections with people in my home town who are interested in spiritual growth and exploring deeper than the surface. Yet those I’ve met and the groups I have tried give me a very sketchy feel and, while I haven’t done any aura reading on the individuals, their lifestyle choices and recommendations indicate spiritual addiction.

But when I meet people in other avenues, they look at me a bit weird because of what I’m interested in, and I look at them a bit weird because it seems odd to me to entirely exclude and discount the deeper side of things.

Irene Kr says:

It ends up being quite the dilemma. I do enjoy participating in the FB empath group and this blog (though I frequently feel awkward here as I don’t know nearly as much about all this as many here – it often feels like my un-enlightenment is showing!).

And hopefully, eventually, I’ll find some friends to connect with in real life too.

IRENE KR, what shows to me about you? The wisdom, courage, passion, curiosity.

You fit right in with the amazing group of people at this blog. 🙂

Zelda says:

Thanks, Rose. I figured it might be best to do research.

I do appreciate the blog as one type of community, but recently I have become more focused on developing community here where I live. I am taking action, one step at a time, to that end.

Irene Kr says:

Thank you Rose for #25. It’s great to be part of such a warm and welcoming group, and one that respects learning and self-authority, too!