Gen Xers, How RES Can Help You

As latchkey children, many of you Gen Xers had to learn to let yourselves in.

As latchkey children, many of you Gen Xers had to learn to let yourselves in.

Were you born between 1964 and 1980? Then, generationally speaking, you are a Gen Xer.

Amazingly, you didn’t grow up with computers. Even though you’re so good with them, you could be considered the last generation to grow up before computers.

Well, you probably learned to use them way before finishing high school. Still, there’s a difference, isn’t there?

What do I especially love about you Gen Xers as a group?  How you question authority; then you don’t stop there but go on to seek answers.

So many of you Gen Xers care more to fix the neighborhood than to save the world. “Think globally, act locally” is no mere slogan for you. Thank God! And thanks to so many of you for showing social responsibility in that way.

What else?

In America, many of you grew up as Latch Key Kids. Maybe it’s no coincidence that yours was the first generation to bring our society the concept of life-work balance.

As a cohort, you Gen Xers are giving so much to society. It’s only fair for you to get back. So….

How Can RES Help You?

Of  all the skill sets of Rosetree Energy Spirituality, which one speaks to you most? It might be the skills for energy READING.

Nothing beats energetic literacy for find out out what really is going on. Why just question authority by looking at the surface of life.

Go ahead, read auras in person and from regular photographs. Then go on to question and probe and delve into one chakra databank at a time.

• With your boss at work.
  • With the parental unit.
  • With that special one you love (or the latest one you are seeking to love.)

Do any of you Blog-Buddies who are Gen Xers have a story to tell about this? How has aura reading satisfied your desire/need/insistence upon questioning authority?

An Independent Path to Enlightenment

From my perspective as an Enlightenment Coach, here’s one other thing that impresses me about you Gen Xers. You grew up AFTER the time of the great world gurus.

Do you even know who they were?

• The Beatles.

Just kidding. But the Beatles’ spiritual teacher, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was one of those world gurus.

Did you study with any of them directly? Probably not, but you may have been raised by parents who did.

And this could be one more factor in the independence that you have spiritually… come to think of it. True?

RES does include Enlightenment Coaching, mostly in the the background of my sessions with clients and also as the occasional educational article here at this blog.

I wonder, do any of you Gen Xers have stories to share  about religious and spiritual authorities. How does “Question Authority” impact choices that you have made in your spiritual life?

Empath Coaching

Another RES resource for you is the skill set of Empath Empowerment®.  Because all your sophistication doesn’t protect you from Imported STUFF.

It’s so vital to get skills that really work.

And if you were born as an empath, you’re doing that, right?

Stories, anyone, about your ongoing empowerment as you become a skilled empath? And do you have any advice for this (Baby Boomer) Empath Coach about how to speak your language?

Aura Healing and Transformation

Another aspect of being a Gen Xer is that you have had a lot of life to deal with. So much complication to being an adult now! It’s unprecedented really, isn’t it?

For instance, many of you are still living at home, due to the weird economic pressures of today’s time.

Some of you are struggling with money internally as well as externally — and here I mean “STUFF.” This removable energetic STUFF really can cramp one’s style for thinking, speaking, acting, making money, etc.

Phew, STUFF can always, always, always be healed. (At least, that’s the motto we have in RES, referring to healing emotional and spiritual debris that impacts the aura and also the subconscious mind.)

Whether it’s work hassles or love troubles or frustration about the environment that threatens to drive you nuts — RES sessions for emotional and spiritual growth can help a lot. I’ve seen that happen with many clients  from your generation.

Speaking of which, I wonder if any of you Gen Xers have stories to share on effortless improvement to your quality of life because of effective aura healing (whether through RES or however).

• For instance, did you want to copy what your parents did for personal growth or was it important to you to find something  newer, something that wasn’t around when they were your age?
  • And why do you think YOU have become interested in RES when so many of your Gen X friends have not gone there yet. Errr, gone here!

I’m curious about that, are you?

Thinking Generationally

Today’s article is part of a series that aims to explore all the main generations living now. So far, this newish series just includes:

A Generational Look at Empaths Starts Today with MILLENNIALS

Kira says:

Aha, so I *am* Gen X. Well, I don’t have any stories yet, but I might think of one eventually.

I was, indeed, a latch-key kid.

Kira says:

All right, I’ve been thinking about why I got interested in RES. My best answer is that it just resonates; it feels right.

Kira says:

As far as wanting to copy my parents vs. finding something newer, well, I’m not sure I can tell what my parents are or have been doing for personal growth.

They are fairly logical in their approach to things; I remember them giving me logical reasons why I shouldn’t be upset at various stressful times while I was growing up.

Kira says:

But I always felt the presence of phenomena that couldn’t be explained purely by evidence, so when I went to college, one of the first courses I took was metaphysics, and I also took a religious studies course in existentialism and mysticism. That course convinced me that I’m pretty mystical-minded.

Kira says:

That first year of college was also when I decided that I wanted to be an artist, even if not in one of the traditional arts, and that I wanted to create a masterpiece; and I decided that the ultimate masterpiece I could create would be my own life.

Kira says:

I was already depressed that year, and I had this idea that whatever wound up happening to me, I could at least make it either meaningful or inspirational to others.

Kira says:

Mostly, that idea of my life being an artwork stayed in the background. My primary focus was emotional stability. I didn’t have any kind of organized spiritual practice until I went with friends to a guided-meditation group they suggested to me.

Kira says:

I learned shamanic journeying in that group, which (as far as I can tell so far) ended my depression. But there were always aspects of some other stuff we did or talked about that didn’t ring true for me.

Kira says:

I found RES initially because I found Become the Most Important Person in the Room, but what made me stick around the blog was when I had an awakening experience and I came here to read about Enlightenment. After reading around the blog a while, I realized that the things that didn’t ring true in my group were potential indicators of spiritual addiction.

Kira says:

And in thinking about how to tell my story, I realized that in a way, RES actually teaches people to treat their lives as art–we have self-authority to decide what part of ourselves to work on and when, and our human lives are what’s important. Energy is a tool, like a paintbrush, not the final product.

Kira says:

I don’t know how well I represent Generation X, but perhaps my decision so long ago that my life is my most important artwork is an indicator of preferring self-authority to external authority.

Sarah says:

Kira,

What a beautiful way to look at life!! I have had a similar thought before, that each lifetime is a story… like a book, but lived in vivid color, with all senses engaged and then some. It’s magnificent to read your description of life as a work of art. Such a wonderful take.

Irene Kr says:

I very much agree with what Kira describes in #10 about RES emphasizing “self-authority to decide what part of ourselves to work on and when, and our human lives are what’s important. Energy is a tool, like a paintbrush, not the final product.”

Thanks, Sarah and Irene!

Kira says:

Things that contributed to the life-as-art decision were Hawthorne’s story “The Artist of the Beautiful” and the college course Art and the Mind, which was an overview of western art history that tied the art to the political history and other intellectual movements of its time.

Irene Kr says:

I identify much more strongly with the Gen X description than the Millennial, although going by chronology I’m a Millennial.

I didn’t grow up with computers, but can use them quite effectively now.

Irene Kr says:

The world is too big for me to save but it’s important for me to take actions that are within my power – and I believe those small actions are the most effective way to make real, permanent change.

Irene Kr says:

I didn’t grow up a latch key kid, but I didn’t see my father much as a child, and was consequently very aware of work-life balance.

Irene Kr says:

And, a lot of life to deal with? Just slightly!

There’s so much choice, which is wonderful, and challenging.

Irene Kr says:

I definitely walk a different path from my parents in personal/spiritual development, though I do find that my older siblings (who do fit chronologically in the the Gen X generation) are much more blatant and obvious about their questioning of authority.

Irene Kr says:

So I don’t quite fit in Gen X either, I suppose.

Too quietly subversive ? with a firm expectation that others respect my individual path as I respect theirs.

Irene Kr says:

I have really appreciated growing up after the time of gurus, after eastern traditions like meditation and yoga became accepted in the west and after people deciding to work on personal development became a normal thing that happened.

Irene Kr says:

I’ve felt a lot of freedom in being able to find my own path that works for me.

“Disorganized religion” as Rose calls it.

Sometimes that can be a little bewildering, but I’ve always found the next thing I needed (for example, somehow I stumbled my way here!)

Irene Kr says:

I’m not sure why few of my friends are interested in spiritual growth at all let alone RES specifically.

The few that are interested seem to be walking a spiritually addicted path (from lifestyle observation not aura reading) and they don’t seem open to hearing another perspective on that.

I find it baffling.

I get so frustrated when all I seem able to do is fret and complain and struggle so much about all the hard stuff in objective reality without being able to find the root causes and an effective healing that really works to solve those problems.

Irene Kr says:

So I am willing to do what is required to start shifting it, whatever that is, so that life in objective reality improves.

Which has meant changing my mind, changing my path, opening up to ideas that seem entirely crazy compared to what I used to believe, and finding a new way.

Irene Kr says:

The other people I know seem to focus on very different priorities. Which is fine.

My life is the one I get to live.

Irene Kr says:

Every time I get discouraged about what’s happening in my life, I look at friends that I’ve known for decades and realize, I wouldn’t be in their shoes for anything.

Irene Kr says:

No matter the pain and challenges I face, my world is growing and changing and expanding in ways that could not be seen from any other path.

This is the life I choose to live and it is wonderful.

Louise says:

I am enjoying this conversation very much!

Rachel says:

Great comments, Irene!

Kira says:

So cool to read your story, Irene!

Re your comment comment 24, I think a decent number of my own friends are in spiritual shutdown; like you, I say that from observation, not aura reading.

I’m not sure how many are from my generation and how many are from the previous generation.

Great comments guys. 🙂

Lilian says:

Like IRENE, I guess I’m more of a generation X-er than a millenial. Latch key kid yes, minimal adult authority that I could actually trust, yes.

Lilian says:

It’s so interesting that different periods in history provide just the right conditions to have a particular kind of life.

Lilian says:

Like Kira, I was also fascinated by the idea of intentionality and choosing what should be in my life and what shouldn’t be.

Lilian says:

Also, it was good that by the 90s self development and “disorganised religion” was mainstream.

Lilian says:

I don’t understand much about my soul’s choices about this life. I appreciate my unconventional, intense and resourceful mother (though she’s never been happy, let’s say).

Lilian says:

And I liked the kind of Church background where my Parish and primary school was very into personalising your experience with God and bringing that into the day to day.

Lilian says:

I guess with that background, self authority was absolutely normal. My aim was just to do it better, to manage the risks better, to perservere more and to regret less when things inevitably not go as planned. 🙂

Lilian says:

I have masses of freedom in this life, I can’t imagine it any other way! Maybe this is our reward for living past lives in less free situations.

Lilian says:

The leading cause of death for men under 45 in the UK is suicide. It seems that in the 90s it was men who were in the 20s who were most likely to commit suicide, now it’s men in their 40s. ie the same generation of men.

Lilian says:

It’s something about being sandwiched between a generation of men traditionally completely uncommunicative about their feelings, and the millennials who are naturally so communicative and cooperative.

Lilian says:

So here’s to that brave generation of men!

Lilian says:

To have their sense of identity challenged so much within one lifetime.

Jesse says:

I believe a lot of men are depressed….maybe not depressed enough to be clinically diagnosed as depressed, but having feelings of depression that are more than normal….

I wonder if the drug companies pushing testosterone drugs (Do you have low T?) were trying to address that? Now it appears that those drugs caused some sort of damage due to all the class action lawsuits.

Jesse says:

Damage not DUE to class action lawsuits, but from all the class action lawsuits it appears there were some unintended side effects due to administering of testosterone drugs.

Jesse says:

For me, RES helped me discern the difference between actions and motivations.

People show off their actions to present themselves in one way (maybe as generous or whatever…), but their motivations can be quite different. And the motivations can be VERY complex, but most of it boils down to me, me, me, me……

Jesse says:

I found Rose’s mentoring in Face Reading can help someone to appreciate the complexity of people….

Originally, I would sit there and look at face reading data and say……how can a person have a tendency to do A and B? Isn’t that hypocritical?

Years later I’m starting to appreciate the complexity……

Jesse says:

After years of studying with Rose, I think I am finally understanding it’s not necessary to “try” to feel or have some sort of experience….when you do the before picture and after picture, write down what you notice….

Kira says:

So interesting, Lilian! I wonder if the statistics are similar in the US.

Kira says:

I also find it interesting that people are identifying with a generation they’re not technically born into.

I might have expected to identify with a different generation myself, since I felt so different from my peers growing up. My parents always said if I had been born in their generation, I would have been a flower child. (They were emphatically not flower children or hippies.)

Julie says:

Comment 26 was inspiring to me, Irene Kr.

I think that’s what many of us are invited to do at this point, and hopefully we choose to accept it as gracefully and pro-actively as you!

The change is inescapable, and at sometimes an almost overwhelming pace.

But it asks, what can we do differently? What didn’t work before, what doesn’t work in the conditions now. How can they change for the better?

Julie says:

Choosing differently seems to be (at least for me right now), the order of the day. Some of this is breaking bad habits.

Also just getting out of the groove of old mental habits. Old habits from the past may not work very well right now.

Julie says:

But there are lots of invitations to hop on a different train and to be part of things that are just forming now. Literally as we speak, something new forms into existence!

New projects, new causes. The need of the moment can literally grab us and say “Hey, want to do this?”

I find that really cool.

Julie says:

About comment 41, Lilian, I’ve often had the thought that I’ve had many past lives that were very restrictive. Much more so than this lifetime!

It’s actually been something to adjust to, to recognize how much freedom is available in this place and time. How much can be changed, altered, tweaked, upended, demolished and started over.

Julie says:

And to recognize just how much power one person has. That one person can tip the balance on important issues, reaching the critical mass needed for change to happen.

Other lifetimes, maybe I had to make do with the status quo, the rules of society that were pretty rigid. If not stiflingly so!

This is not that!!

Julie says:

I’m a Generation X. I didn’t grow up with computers but still have a very intuitive way with them, and with solving problems that happen with them.

I would say I was a latchkey kid, but I don’t remember our doors being locked that much. But the house was empty when I got home. I think this too ties in with the independence theme.

Julie says:

I would come home, watch an episode of my favorite TV show, and then spend hours in my imagination, dreaming up what the next episode would or should be.

What would happen to the characters, what would happen in the plotline. I would literally be completely immersed in imagination, hours on end.

I had no trouble amusing myself!

Julie says:

Yes, to Energy Reading and wanting to find out what’s really going on! I first found Rose through googling “aura reading”.

Julie says:

I have independence in a lot of ways, probably spiritually but also in the latchkey way. And if not being rebellious of authority, at least questioning on the inside and noticing.

Julie says:

I’ve definitely been a big noticer of mixed-messages my whole life, having received many of them. Not holding authority as sacred, unless it lives up to its promise and responsibility.

But I’m also not hugely disillusioned if a person falls short of that.

Julie says:

I never knew any of the big gurus. I came to Yogaville a couple of years after Swami Satchidananda had died. Others there revered and spoke of him, but I don’t have any direct knowledge.

Irene Kr says:

Thanks Kira, Louise, Rachel, Lillian, Jesse and Julie. This is such a great conversation 🙂

Irene Kr says:

Julie, I really appreciated this series of comments, especially #53-57. Change and power and the need to actively accept new opportunities, and then the resulting possibility for big shifts and expansion (which leads to more change and growth…)

Irene Kr says:

Lilian, re #34, I really identify with this description “minimal adult authority that I could actually trust”.

There was a lot of adult authority, advice, recommendations and expectations in my life which I tried in various ways to live up to, however none of it seemed to match to the life that I actually experienced.

Irene Kr says:

Some of that was also being an unskilled empath – I could tell when they were saying something different than they believed or felt or thought. So I stopped trusting what they said. I knew it didn’t match their experiences, and I somehow also knew that it didn’t lead to what they wanted to have happen.

Not that I knew how to get what I wanted either, but I knew it wasn’t that way.

Lilian says:

Goof comments Jesse. I realise that most of the ideas I formed about myself (ie what path in life could I shoe horn myself into) were formed in the early to mid 90s. Stuff has changed even since then!

Lilian says:

The statistics about men in the UK are interesting. There was a documentary just out on BBC4. After watching it, I realised it was about men in Gen X!

Agreed, Lilian. Those statistics are fascinating.

Especially because of how you put it together, that this cohort of men for whom suicide is the leading cause of death… is men in Gen X.

Lilian says:

They have an academic in Glasgow Uni who studies it.

Lilian says:

From my list of aquaintainces and colleagues, I know of two suicides in that category. And plenty of depression, and men coping with depression by being dominating and unpleasant.

Lilian says:

I know of the depth of the depression from empath merges (my leading way of coping and feeling some compassion for these people.) But unskilled empath merges is not the way to go… I’ve decided to just dislike some people and not take the bs, however depressed they are.

Lilian says:

Women have their own battles to fight. 🙂

Lilian says:

Hmm, i guess comment 72 sounds overly mean. What I’ve mainly learnt, is that however much people struggle, trying to “help” when they are not explicitly asking for help never helps. Otherwise, just put your own needs first, like a normal person. 🙂

Lilian says:

Anyway, sorry for going off on a depressing tangent. If this was on fb I would do a quick rewrite.. Don’t mean to trigger anyone.

Jean says:

Great thoughts everyone.

Yes I have noticed the challenges for men, those who are Gen Xers – and those who are older as well.

Indeed the time we live in is evermore dynamic(!) yet seems to be more so for some than for others.

Change – and how one deals with change…

Thanks Julie for your pertinent comments #53 to #63.

Lilian says:

Of course, X-ers decided to get born at the beginning of the shift, and had their formative years during the shift. A lot of work and adaptation energetically!

Lilian says:

I guess it’s now our job to procreate and produce lovely well balanced millennials and post-millennials.I don’t know if I have the energy for that!

Jesse says:

That’s a happy thought! No need for any pressure!

Jesse says:

One of the themes that keeps popping up on this thread is self authority…..It was refreshing to see Pope Francis when he was in the US…Note: I am a Gen Xer and raised Catholic….I went to church a few months ago on a Sunday and the place was only 30% full! The Catholic church is having challenges…..

Jesse says:

It was refreshing to hear Pope Francis encourage discussion about social issues….what amazes me is the vitriol and push back among some of the elements of the church. As it is I feel the church is strangling itself with its dogma.

Jesse says:

The sermon at the church a few months ago was “run of the mill”…..blind faith type of sermon. It wasn’t very inspiring. I was wishing and hoping for more where none was to be found!

Jesse says:

I won’t be going back anytime soon…..I guess I better start practicing some RES!

JESSE, there is a big difference between beautiful traditions of faith and the level of consciousness of the founder — Jesus, in this case.

One advantage we have in this new Age of Awakening is that each of us can choose a personal path (as part of organized religion or not), develop skills to help us evolve (like those RES skills highlighted at this blog).

And always we can use our own human self-authority to keep moving forward, rather than “going back.”

LILIAN, I thought of you this morning. On Page three of The Washington Post is this story:

A group of middle-aged whites in the U.S. is dying at a startling rate

Who is in this group? Men and women aged 45-54. A fascinating article!

Call it an occupational hazard, but here is one thing I take from that chilling article. Please spread the word about personal sessions of RES and our self-healing books, starting with “Use Your Power of Command for Spiritual Cleansing and Protection.”

STUFF contributes to alcoholism and drug use. STUFF contributes to depression. And you know our motto in RES, Blog-Buddies: STUFF can always, always, always be healed.

Lilian says:

Thanks for sharing that Rose.

Lilian says:

Obviously, many people have wanted to incarnate for the shift (think about how many humans there are right now!).

Lilian says:

This is an opportunity for all souls to grow. Not just those close to enlightenment, but especially those mired in stuff for lifetimes.