My Close Call with Spiritual Addiction. A Guest Post by a Psychiatrist

Wakeup call -- "That's spiritual addiction. Hello!"

Wakeup call — “That’s spiritual addiction. Hello!”

Blog-Buddies, this article originally appeared here on the date of this post.

But on February 12, 2016 I have moved it. Because it is being included in my latest book. More about that to come. 🙂

Kira says:

Thanks for telling your story, Katie!

Brandi says:

Just wanted to add that disengagement with human life for me was part of the earth school experimenting…and in all my RES sessions there were (and still is) factors like frozen blocks and old stuff that kept me from touching down to human life-and I won’t say that makes me failure as a human.

Brandi says:

All the learning I did while in spiritual addition was still learning and led me to this moment on this blog so no regrets.

Brandi says:

My comfort in the astral probably goes back many lifetimes and maybe in this life being human is the priority and as I touch down to this vibration I am excited for what human things are possible.

Lilian says:

I hear you Brandi. 🙂 I think it’s inevitable that some of us would wind up spiritually addicted at some point in this lifetime, given our soul histories and habits. I like your self authority there!

Lilian says:

Just to bibble further: I guess it’s a test of how much you love God that you can chose to seek God in different ways than what you’ve been used to doing.

Brandi says:

Thanks Lilian for your comments and to Katie for sharing her story that sparked by thoughts. Rather than energy being the new shiny toy (as Rose as said) objective reality is my new shiny toy and sometimes it feels very vintage to me in a strange way.

Jesse says:

The last two threads from yesterday and today as well as comments have been really informative and helpful.

Irene Kr says:

Katie – great story, thanks for sharing! This is similar to how my experience of spiritual addiction went.

Irene Kr says:

Brandi, I really connect with your comments #2-3.

Even though it would have been nice to have empath skills and RES tools to deal with stuff earlier in my life, I don’t think I’d have believed it to be possible or valuable until I’d tried those other experiments first.

Irene Kr says:

I’m very glad I know now and don’t have to stay in spiritual addiction or shutdown or as an unskilled empath. But I can’t regret any of it.

I am the person I am now and I know myself this deeply and richly because of what I’ve been through and the learning that happened along the way.

Marie says:

Thank you so much Katie for sharing your experience also.

It’s been quite hard for me to acknowledge how deep in it I was as there were times I felt so very together, so empowered by my experiences, friends telling me how happy I looked, the sound support or advice they got from me that always made them feel better afterwards yet I was slowly coming undone and isolating myself more and more and sometimes I feel quite embarrassed, gullible yet when I read others experiences similar to my own I feel nothing but compassion.

Brandi says:

Marie-I really resonate with your story and your comment in 12. where you say you did feel together at times.

I had some friends say I was the most enlightened person they met and I was so wise..oh boy…

I am not an empath but I am an HSP and that is new for me to notice/embrace a sensitivity that is so human.

In Spiritual Addition I had no emotions (was above those) and my preferences didn’t seem to matter (because reality was a hologram anyway..lol).

David B says:

Katie – thanks for sharing. Really well put.

Jesse says:

I know one of the beliefs I used to have is that spirituality can take the place of physical skill….after listening to Rose emphasize the importance of the physical, I have been slowly changing that belief…..

Marie says:

Yes Brandi I had one guy tell me I was the most together person he had ever met, I think the look on my face must’ve been priceless lol

Jesse says:

Maybe the end does not justify the means…but as one blog buddy wrote, and I am paraphrasing…the human will power (meaning working within the physical realm) in and of itself has great power regardless of outcome.