Choose Your Thanksgiving

Today's Thanksgiving can be done YOUR WAY.

Today’s Thanksgiving can be done YOUR WAY.

In America today is Thanksgiving. Wherever you live, whenever you read this, it can be YOUR Thanksgiving, done your way.

So often we Americans celebrate the holiday with family, or as a Friendsgiving, with food, with exercise like the increasingly popular “Turkey Trot.”

This time, just for a few minutes, I’d like to experiment with something extra.

Choosing one of my many roles in life, I’m going to find and feel and express my thanks.

Yes, I’m using some of today’s Technique Time for this purpose. You could call this a spiritual exercise, “Choosing My Thanksgiving.”

You’re invited to follow suit, including comments below.

Noooooo, Not That!

Thanks to PRIMMIE’S advice at yesterday’s comment-fest about tidying up, I will not write about my sentiments “Giving Thanks for My Life as a Tosser.” 😉

(Although I’m very intrigued at what the term is supposed to mean in Merrie England. Perhaps one of you could write a polite comment here to educate those of us who live on the more unruly side of the pond.)

What will it mean this time, this year, choosing my Thanksgiving?

I’m going to share my thoughts as a teacher of the various skill sets in RES (Rosetree Energy Spirituality), teaching at this blog and through books and workshops and, as of this year for the very first time, teleseminars.

A Teacher’s Thanksgiving

I give thanks for those who have taught me, amazing teachers who changed me forever — not just what they taught but how they opened up my ability to learn.

I give thanks for every bit of Divinely co-created knowledge that has moved through me; gratitude for all the surprising ways this knowledge has unfolded for my students and readers and me.

I give thanks for every student who has been helped.

I give thanks for the honor of being a teacher.

To Teach Is Human

From babyhood on, don’t we all love to show others what to do or how to do it?

Name me a kid who doesn’t shout this with glee? “Look at me, Mom!”

I think that’s because deep down we know we are special.

We believe (rightly) that what we feel and think and do is marvelous.

Yet this is a world where every breathing human also feels special, has wisdom, and deep down knows that the distinctive Me-Me-Me is important — always marvelous.

So I rank it among life’s everyday miracles

when I happen to teach something

that is actually helpful to somebody else.

For One’s Teaching to Be Helpful? That’s Divine.

Yes, Rose, your teaching has been very helpful. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sweet, JESSICA. Thank you and ha ha! Tag, now you’re it.

Will you comment here about Thanksgiving as a Mom? A singer? A practitioner of RES?

What?

Do tell!!!

No, I won’t ask everybody who comments here to write about one version of Thanksgiving for one of your roles in life.

But it need not take you long.

And, you know? It could be fun.

Julie says:

Thanksgiving for personal growth-

I’m grateful this year for the chance to practice commitment to a better life. The chance to take action and correct longstanding problems. Learn from mistakes and choose differently.

The chance to answer a question at the heart that asks, not in an insolent way, but just really, really wanting to know…

Hungry for a better life?

Prove it.

Let the actions speak louder than words. (Though there are words, too).

Julie says:

Thanksgiving for social opportunity-

I’m also grateful for new friends, as well as old, who appreciate me for who I am. Who give to me because they want to, with sweetness and joy. It doesn’t get much better than this!

Kira says:

I’m also thankful for you, Rose!

This particular year, I’m thankful for my oncologist, who started breast cancer clinics at Magee-Womens Hospital; when you’re diagnosed, you can meet all or most of the doctors you’ll need in one day, and they’ll work together to make a treatment plan. You also get a patient navigator, whom you can call if you have questions and don’t know which doctor or nurse to call.

I’m thankful for all my doctors and nurses, and all my friends and family and the support I’m getting from them. Not to mention the support I’m getting from people who don’t even know me!

I’m especially thankful that my chemo treatments have gone well and that my side effects have been minimal.

Amanda says:

I am in the UK and am thankful at the moment for everything, both good and bad, in my life. It means I’m alive!

On the tosser front, it refers to a highly personal male action and so the word ‘tosser’ has come to join the more common word ‘w***er’ in the terminology of British insults.

Ahem. I hope that didn’t spoil anyone’s digestion 🙂

Back to the thanks. I am SO thankful to thus blog of intelligent, loving, sensible evolving human beings.

Amanda

I’m thankful for you Rose, for my sister Julie, for 4 days off in a row.

I am deeply thankful for having found my profession, which feels like a true calling to me.

I’m thankful for the feeling of frictionless flow that is so often part of my life now.

After so many years when basic survival seemed challenging, I am thankful to be moving on to a whole different level of challenges, joyful passionate challenges.

David B says:

Recently, I saw the film version of The Little Prince. What he was most thankful for was a certain Rose. Myself also. 🙂

“It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy.”

Lol, Rose. I am thankful for each one of my wonderful children – that I have the kids I have, that we all worked together for a fabulous turkey dinner. We even sang together just for fun! So, yeah, I’m so thankful for my family.

I am also very grateful for RES and SEAH so much. I’m thankful I discovered you, Rose. I’m thankful for the healing I’ve received, and also very thankful I can help others in this way. I am thankful you’re such a great teacher.

Your blog comments section won’t allow heart smileys, so please pretend this works: (heart). 🙂

So good to hear from you, JESSICA, the bestower of heart smileys, and DAVID B, KYLIE, AMANDA.

AMANDA, that’s just hilarious about “Tosser.” So what are we enthusiasts about tidying up to call ourselves now, at least when we’re in England, “Editors?” “Terminators?” “Materialistic Minimalists?” “Flingers?” haha

Grace W says:

Thank you, Rose, for all that you do!

I’m grateful for the blog community and good health.

And I think that the tosser thing is absolutely hilarious. 🙂

Jnana says:

I am thankful for all the teachers who came into my life and shone a little light my way.

I am thankful for all your books Rose, especially the ones on empath empowerment.

I am thankful to have been given the perfect healer for my needs and the intelligence to make full use of the opportunity given me.

I’m thankful for this blog and the blog buddies that come with it, definitely people of substance.

And finally I am grateful to have one foot in the east and one in the west, definitely the best of combinations.

Isabelle says:

I want to thank myself for keeping strength and love even if I had (and will have) to go through hard times. This we are never safe from. But what we all can do is get back to our…heart. I don’t know of a more welcoming place than it.

Isabelle says:

I often express gratitude towards others and when I do so I really mean it from my heart. But I seldomly express gratitude for myself.

Isabelle says:

So today I want to thank my body for being with me and supporting me. I love you.

I also want to express gratitude for my nervous system.
    And my soul. Oh, how I love you. (Who/what ‘am’ I when I can feel love for my soul?)

And for all the wonderful souls and spirits, divine beings (I don’t know the difference) that I meet, in human form, but also you who support me without having a body, my dear team, I want to express my deep gratitude for.

Isabelle says:

I have had times when I just wanted to disappear from here and this feeling can always come back. But feeling trust for life is even more powerful, I’ve realized.

Isabelle says:

So even though I so often wonder what brought me here, I feel more grateful for those moments I understand. The precious gift and opportunity I was given. It, actually, is wonderful.

Isabelle says:

I also want to thank my patience. You are so tender and sweet. Your love for me is endless, I’ve realized. So thank you very much. For always waiting with me and holding my hand when things are tough. And for always coming back, and returning home together with me.

Isabelle says:

I also want to thank my own thoughts. It is great to share this experience with you and having this me-time with you. – I am happy we can get cozy and be undisturbed a bit more often now.

Wonderful comments all, ISABELLE and JNANA and GRACE W. Thank you!

Isabelle says:

You actually are (a) great lover(s), my thoughts.

Irene Kr says:

Isabelle, thank you for your sharing here, #15-21, 23. This way of approaching thanksgiving is very helpful and meaningful to me this year.