Thanks to my friend JEFFREY CHAPPELL for sharing this article here. You’ll see his blog, answersfromsilence.com, on the short list of blogroll links always here… find it on the right side of your screen.
As I continue my journey as an Enlightenment Coach in the Age of Awakening, as some of you know, I make a distinction between a Householder Model of Enlightenment and a Simplicity Model of Enlightenment (also sometimes called a Renunciate Model of Enlightenment).
- In the Simplicity Model of Enlightenment, consciousness is what matters most. Hence the suitability for a Renunciate Lifestyle. Even if a householder lives this way, emphasizing consciousness, this is the traditional model of Enlightenment. And, to many, it is the only model that matters.
- By contrast, in Householder Enlightenment, the human life matters most. With the sacred and stable Divine connection always available, yet it is usually kept in the background. More like the saying, “God is in the details.”
- As millions of people move into Enlightenment in this Age of Awakening, it is time for a model of Enlightenment that speaks to our new role in this upgraded planet. Recognizing that is part of my unfolding work as an Enlightenment Coach.
It is always such a delight to hear from “Mr. Enlightenment.” For his guest post below I have added some headings. Otherwise this is pure JEFFREY, a magnificent exponent of the Simplicity Model of Enlightenment.
Divinity Lies Within Others, Not Just You
The greeting, Namaste has been translated as I bow to the God within you.
When you use this salutation, you are acknowledging that there is Divinity in another person.
The disguise is individuality. Individuality comes from being separate from others, and from being incomplete and unbalanced in traitssome in the foreground, others in the background.
Universal God, by contrast, is Being connected with everything, and is complete and balanced in a state of totality. Accordingly, that is what is disguised beneath someones individuality.
Disguises We Like. Others That We Don’t Like So Much.
Its easy to see another person as God in disguise when that person is beloved by you.
- But then theres the irritating store clerk.
- And the coworker who antagonizes you.
- And the slowpoke driving in front of you.
When you feel irritated, antagonized, and frustrated, how can you deal with it?
Lifting the Disguise
A quick reminder to yourself can help: That person is God in disguise.
Try it next time.
Lifting the disguise changes the complexion of things. It reveals the true Identity, instead of the role being acted in this particular circumstance. And it allows you to sense a compassionate link with the other person, even under challenging conditions.
Answers From Silence says, You must bless everyone. And, I used to sense out people when I looked at them. Each person had a different mood and vibe. Now everybody looks and feels the same to mewonderful.
But what about people who do truly bad things? How can they be God in disguise?
It can be that the disguise believes in itself and forgets true Identity. And there are degrees of forgetting, even to extremes.
But at the base of all experiencing, pure consciousness is pure consciousness. After that come all of the other levels of consciousness. Even the most forgetful of those couldnt exist without the foundation of pure consciousness.
A more developed translation of Namaste is, The God in me bows to the God in you. Which is to say, God is in both places.
Yes, there is one more person who has forgotten true Identity, whose disguise you should lift in order to recognize God.