What I Have Learned Lately as an Enlightenment Coach

Together all of us are bringing truth into this world.

Together all of us are bringing truth into this world.

Gee, we’re  so close to year’s end that I almost named this blog post “What I Learned in 2015 as an Enlightenment Coach.” But there’s plenty more learning left, no doubt. Witness the surge of joy I feel about adding today’s article.

For fun, I’ll use a Q&A format. (BTW, for background you might wish to read the guest post and spirited comments here inspiring today’s post, JEFFREY’s wonderful guest post about God in Disguise)

Isn’t There Really Just One Kind of Enlightenment?

Only if you prefer an answer without nuance.

Which could be a beautiful reason, because why mess with perfection?

One example might be… if your joy and delight make it seem as though there couldn’t possibly be any other kind.

Huh? Well, you who are reading this article now, may have had at least one experience of the chiming, bliss-being experience of God as Perfection Everywhere Now.

Could have been an experience of Awakening. Or it could have been a milder, but still magnificent, experience of transcending through your mind or your heart.

And maybe, due to that, you believe only in that ideal as what Enlightenment must be. Just one kind of Enlightenment, thanks very much.

What Else?

Maybe, like JEFFREY CHAPPELL, an eternity of bliss might be your 24/7 experience, underlying all, and chiming within every silence.

Or you might remember that, deep down, because every one of us has been there… as recently before you incarnated into this particular lifetime. Consequently you may have carried into this lifetime some strong beliefs, opinions, and ideas about the one true way to have Enlightenment.

Or you might not care about Enlightenment particularly, one way or another, until you actually cross that threshold and live like a “normal” person from now on. And then “Enlightenment, whatever!” is plenty for you, technically, to think about.

And not even think about that very much. (Or need to, because in Enlightenment you are still being yourself… only more so, because the Divine is more strongly large and in charge.)

Personally, though, this Enlightenment Coach disagrees with defining Enlightenment as just one kind of experience. For starters:

What Is My Personal Experience of Householder Enlightenment?

In the foreground of daily experience, I pay attention to my human life.

Whenever I wish, I can shift the gestalt and pay attention to the Divine Presence.

Either way, the sense of identity has changed since crossing over that threshold into Enlightenment.

Here’s a simple example: Before Enlightenment, I would use a certain technique from RES (Rosetree Energy Spirituality) called “Get Big.” Some of you Blog-Buddies know that from several of my how-to books.

After crossing that threshold into Enlightenment, that technique is not needed for me to actively co-create with God strongly present.

Instead what is needed? Just making a slight shift of attention, as you might notice your right hand but then shift over to noticing your left leg. Equally you, correct?

Technical note:

• I still use the “Get Big” technique when I co-create with a Divine Being in a body, like Jesus, Merlin, Kwan Yin, or St. Germain.
  • And I still use the “Get Big” technique for co-creating with a variation on the impersonal aspect of God, like “The Love that Rules the Universe” or “Highest Power.”

Different textures always. And if there can be all those very real variations in God, when it comes to humans…

Why Wouldn’t There Be Variations within Enlightenment?

Between one human and another, of course, there could be variations.

1. To me, the power of JEFFREY CHAPPELL’S work as an Enlightenment Coach is that he sings the glory of the particular kind of Enlightenment that he experiences, as if there could be no other. And he inspires others to find that version, too. Beautiful!
  2. DAVID BUCKLAND researches many variations on Enlightenment in powerful detail, including his own progression of states of conscoiusness that all count as Enlightenment. A feast of knowledge is available to you at his blog, “Observations on the Way Home.” Beautiful!
  3. This Enlightenment Coach finds variations by using Stage Three Energetic Literacy to research individuals at one time or another, through photographs or in person. Variations? Yes, definitely!!!!!

Sometimes I delight in researching (and helping with) variations on a person’s experiences of human life. That is where categories like “Introvert” and “Extravert” come in, for instance.

However, as an Enlightenment Coach I research the process of how consciousness moves, a.k.a. State of consciousness.

From that perspective, I have researched many variations within Enlightenment. Because I emphasize human life more than consciousness, I find that the leading edge for that kind of service requires exploring different types of patterning within Enlightenment.

Could There Be Process-Related Differences for How People Live in Enlightenment?

Definitely, especially because we’re now living in the Age of Awakening, when consciousness flows in ways that are different.

Before this Age of Awakening, Enlightenment was rare. That JEFFREY CHAPPELL, that DAVID BUCKLAND — they were way ahead of their time.

Prior to December 21, 2012, there was really one model available, The Simplicity Model of Enlightenment.

Now the psychic barrier is gone, the spiritualists’ veil has vanished.

In this Age of Awakening, it is relatively easy for ordinary people to move into Enlightenment, and to do it as householders.

Living now, we can have a choice.

Using skills of energetic literacy, it is even possible to identify two very different models overall, Householder Enlightenment and The Simplicity Model of Enlightenment.

And yes, I will co-create more on that to come in the future.

Today it can also be useful to respond to questions raised, directly or indirectly, by JEFFREY in his blog comments today.

Does Spiritual Addiction Come from Hanging on to Spiritual Bliss?

It can. I agree with JEFFREY on this point.

However, plenty of other causes of Spiritual Addiction abound. Here’s your link to a Top 10 Post, leading to 10 of my most practical articles on this topic.

The simplest explanation is that paying too much attention to energy can propel a person into spiritual addiction. Living in this new Age of Awakening, it can actually be pretty tricky avoiding spiritual addiction. No matter how beautiful the spiritual practice, it can be easy to spend more than 20 minutes a day on one’s path doing techniques to better one’s life.

This multi-tasking can be done through psychological self-help or New Age practices that involve asking for guidance or, even, something as beautiful as the technique that JEFFREY gave us in his blog post.

Here’s a Specific Example

What if you put into practice JEFFREY’s recommendation for “Lifting the Disguise”?

If you include that in your official 20 Daily Minutes of Technique Time?

Great. That might be a superb way to move forward on your spiritual path.

But what if you were to do this off and on, all day, the more the merrier?

You might feel quite merry but, sadly, it’s quite likely that you would rapidly slip into spiritual addiction.

By contrast, what if you choose “Lifting the Disguise” as a fun thing to do after you have crossed the threshold into Enlightenment?

You could do this fine, occasionally, as described above with the “Get Big” technique. And if you’re following The Simplicity Model of Enlightenment, you might play with “Lifting the Disguise” many times in one day.

However, if you are following the model of Householder Enlightenment, you’re not likely to do this a lot.

• Giving a bit of feedback to a rude store clerk, such as saying “Excuse me?”
  • Having a conversation for problem solving at work, doing what you can to straighten out the conflict with a co-worker who seems bent on causing trouble.
  • Changing lanes on the highway so that the slowpoke driver ceases to annoy you.

Do Lifestyle Considerations, Being a Householder or a Renunciate,  Determine How People Live in Enlightenment?

Not quite. Seems to me that many people are living as householdery renunciates — a bit of this, a bit of that.

Not a good idea (notwithstanding the beautiful desire expressed at this blog recently,  to compromise.)

Yes, I agree with JEFFREY’s idea that the lifestyle used on a spiritual path could be either householder or renunciate (or a mixture).

There are also techniques that produce consequences for either householder life or renunciate life.

Also adding to potential confusion is aiming for The Simplicity Model of Enlightenment now, as a householder. Or Aiming for the Householder Model of Enlightenment now, while living as a renunciate.

Further complicating this all? Subconscious STUFF, especially frozen blocks from previous lifetimes, and energetic sub-routines, that can push a person towards one of these lifestyles or another — despite conscious intentions.

Fortunately this kind of STUFF can always, always, always be healed. Just helped someone with that this morning!

And all the while, that shining light JEFFREY CHAPPELL is helping his people, and glorious DAVID BUCKLAND is helping his.

All of us together, all the Enlightenment Coaches active now

and also tevery one of those brave souls purposely seeking Enlightenment now

what an unfolding delight it is…

As together we bring truth, more and more truth, into this world.

Leo says:

I love this explaination and the ensuing examples:

“Because your glorious role on earth is to engage with people in human ways, such as:

Giving a bit of feedback to a rude store clerk, such as saying “Excuse me?”
    Changing lanes on the highway so that the slowpoke driver ceases to annoy you.”

We can pursue enlightenment and still remain engaged, as humans first, in our daily lives. Cool!

Isabella C. says:

Yes, yes, yes.

I have so many passionate thoughts, feelings, and opinions on this topic.

It will be an adjustment for everyone now that the Householder model of Enlightenment is available (and I think will be much, much more common than the Simplicity model was ever meant to be).

David B says:

Thanks for explaining, Rose. It brings some clarity to some of what you’ve mentioned.

In India, from which these 2 terms originate, Householder and Renunciate are considered PATHS to God. What might be called lifestyles to lead that we’re most suited for.

David B says:

The Renunciate approach has come to dominate during the darker years.

Here, seems to me, you’re using the term in 2 ways – as the PATH but also referring to the style in which enlightenment is lived after, which is a little different.

David B says:

It’s also worth noting that teachings on Dharma outline life periods – student, householder, winding down, and renunciate.

So these approaches also come at a different time of live.

David B says:

If your meaning is distinct, you may wish to change the term “householder” as well. Then it’s obvious to readers your meaning is a little different.

But then, maybe you wish to challenge the common understanding – then the term is more appropriate. 🙂

LEO and ISABELLA C., I’m so glad you understand where I’m coming from… and maybe where I’m going with this distinction between The Simplicity Model of Enlightenment and Householder Enlightenment.

To everyone who has commented so far today, I hope you will understand that I need to put this topic and distinction aside for a while…

It’s still baking in the oven of my consciousness.

I will be talking and writing about this more. In good time.

Definitely. Just that this isn’t the time for this download yet.

To give you an idea, in December of 2013 I was aiming to publish a certain book, “XYZ.” First in 2014, then definitely this year.

In the last week, for instance, it has been on my list of things to do some final edits and I didn’t get to it properly.

Not to whine, but really I have to learn to say no to myself. 😉

So please understand that I WILL get to this topic again later, just not now.

Amanda says:

Rose, I adore you. I still feel a bit confused by all this though.

I just can’t see how anything so personal can be resolved in anything but an individual way.

Amanda says:

I liked Jeffrey’s comparison with introverts and extraverts. Telling an introvert to be an extravert or vice versa would simply make for confusion.

Amanda says:

Isn’t the whole point that this, the most comfortable, intimate and personal relationship, will be personal and intimate in its expression?

Individual differences to me have to be the guide here.

DAVID B. and AMANDA, your comments are so appreciated. And noted. For when I return to this topic.

Big thanks, meanwhile!

Kira says:

I am fascinated and looking forward to what’s coming!

I do wonder if the prior domination of the simplicity model was related to the sheer difficulty and rarity of becoming enlightened in the age of pisces.

That renunciate style, with its total focus on god, was what was needed to evolve consciousness on earth up to the point where the age of awakening could occur.

Now that we are here in the age of awakening, this new model of householder enlightenment has arrived.

Because access to non-human frequencies is now so easy (to the point of being a bit dangerous) the new priority is integration, not elevation.

The householder enlightenment path is a crucial adaptation for these new times.

Kira says:

I see complexity in everything, and find the differences between people more interesting than the samenesses, so I appreciate Amanda’s comment. But I still have no experience with aura reading, so I really can’t extrapolate from my own experiences in a meaningful way; I can only offer them as points of data.

Which is to say that I don’t have anything meaningful to add to this topic; I just wanted to explain why.

Thanks, KIRA. And ADAM McINTOSH, you have just supplied an extraordinarily insightful summary of the essence of this distinction.

Only I aim to add more supporting info to expand this, and do it in a way that is helpful to AMANDA and so many others who rightly require more perspective, shaking up, right to disagree… whatever winds up being involved.

Lilian says:

I would agree with Adam’s comments there.

For me, I see very clear trajectories and themes in my life, which I have appreciated for a couple of decades now.

Lilian says:

As a child, I was always very aware of the presence of God. No problem. I would read religious books and teachings and generally f** my mother off. I could relate most easily to people who lived a religious life.

Lilian says:

When stressed, I would automatically go deeply into prayer and contemplative states… My suspicion is that I did a lot of seeking God in the age of Pisces. But then I would be brought back into my actual life time and again.

Lilian says:

I would be proud of not meditating every day! And I would be proud in getting into emotional entanglements and life dilemmas and all that. I knew my task was to stay focused on the practicalities of this life.

Lilian says:

I’m proud of the relationships I’ve had with men and my family, they’ve felt like unfinished business. Karma probably, right?

Lilian says:

Kinda complicated and intense, with a lack of personal and financial security. But I feel as though “putting myself on the spot ” so many times was what was needed to integrate my sense of God with actual human life.

Lilian says:

I guess, if this sense was hard wired in me, then it would have been hard wired in my souls my age. Instead of “What did you do in the war, Daddy?”, it’s more like, “How did you take advantage of growing up through the shift?”. How much karma and integration of the human and divine did you get round to doing?

Lilian says:

I feel as though I probably developed a lot of habits during incarnations during the age of pisces. I’m sure I chose my life in a way to help me adapt as quickly as I could.

Lilian says:

But here’s a thing: do you reckon some souls incarnating now, are just starting to incarnate to earth? As they want to seek God and live life in a way that’s only possible now? So they won’t have to relearn and reeducate themselves about what a spiritual path is? Not like crusty Piceans like me? Souls that are automatically geared towards Householder Enlightenment?

Lilian says:

Rose: I probably should have thought a bit more before rambling. Anyway, please don’t correct my thoughts too much, or I will cry. :-p Now to gym, with millennial house music that sounds very new to me. lol

Lilian says:

Again, I know I’m not exactly close to Enlightenment. But what’s interesting is the trajectory I experienced about how I’m seeking God. It’s kind of like the souls who couldn’t be bothered to seek renunciate Enlightenment in ages past might now be having the last laugh. :-p

Likewise, LILIAN consider too that many of us living now are here (in part) to gain Enlightenment after innumerable lifetimes of seeking this as honorable and frustrated renunciates.

Lilian says:

Thanks Rose. Sorry, that was too many comments. But I think I was getting enthusiastic about something to stop thinking about the cold and my broken boiler. :-p

Lilian says:

I like the idea of a “new” type of soul coming in now. Rose, have you found that to be the case when reading babies? Souls that compeletely “get” the age of aquarius on a soul level?

Lilian says:

What I like about this age is that Divine frequencies are available to anyone without any renunciation required. True equality.

Lilian says:

Would it be true that in ages past folk like you (ie molecular empath or otherwise “spiritually talented”) would have an a competitive advantage in the piercing the veil game?

LILIAN, about your Comment #34, in order to be ready to move forward rapidly in evolution during this Age of Awakening (a.k.a. Age of Aquarius), a soul needs to be very experienced, already very evolved.

The idea of a precious new soul being more evolved than others… does not make sense to those of us who know in detail about past incarnations. It’s a naive idea, frankly. Although sweet.

And about your Comment #36, every human being is spiritually talented.

As for empaths, every blessed one of us has powerful talent — at least one gift for directly experiencing what it is like to be another person.

Please don’t exalt molecular empaths. It’s just one of the 15 gifts; maybe harder to recognize than the others but that’s it.

Have there ever been that many empaths on earth, before?

It’s a big deal, having 1 in 20 people being empaths. And 1 in 5, for those born in Japan.

Although I’m in no position to know definitively, I doubt there have ever been so many empaths born at one time. I think we have a role to play in this transition into the new Age of Awakening.

Brava to your Comment #35, LILIAN. I agree completely.

Lilian says:

Thank ye for clearing some things up. I understand better now. I was really thinking that this might be an age for a “new” type of soul. I thought that would be cool.

Lilian says:

I have to say, I’m now feeling better about the concept of enlightenment. The non verbal concept (longing) I had in my mind for a while mainly filled me with a sense of failure for most of my life. Plus an extra sense that I’m not particularly worldly, so doubly useless. But now these thoughts come with more pride and self respect for my natural gifts (like being naive :-p).

Lilian says:

I will also try to not worry about empath gift hierarchy. Thoughts about people being more gifted than others really winds me up. I do have a high IQ, but I did absolutely nothing to get that, and again it’s mostly useless. So judging people by pure giftedness doesn’t feel right, and making sure that I don’t make others feel judged is also important.

Lilian says:

Ach, there is a possibly wonderful future ahead. But we have lots of (practical) problems to solve here on planet earth. Hopefully the empaths will help out with that!

LILIAN, this is supposed to be an educational blog. I am heartened that you are receiving new ideas here.

And that “empath hierarchy” thing would have been such a burden to believe in. Adios!

David B says:

Lilian
    re Comment 43

One of the things Rose made clear for me is that we often don’t recognize our gifts because they’re inherent and normal to us. We may assume others are the same.

There also may be a tendency to see them as “useless” because we don’t see their use.

David B says:

However, because they’re inherent, they are present with us all the time and will often be active in many day-to-day things.

While gifts may not have an overt specific “use”, we would really notice it if we suddenly lost them.

I would not underestimate the value or impact of any gift.

David B says:

Being conscious of our gifts can be very useful.

Making a big fuss or thinking in terms of hierarchy (as Rose noted) around gifts isn’t as useful. In IQ clubs, for example, there are some that are so exclusive less than half a dozen people in the world qualify.

Our gifts are not here to exclude or divide us but rather to support us and our contribution to the world.

So beautifully put, DAVID B.

A simpler version that occurs to me is:

One person’s snobby makes another person feel blobby.

Lilian says:

Comments 47: Thanks for your beautiful comment Mr Buckland. One reason I get stressed when talking about gifts is that I then think to myself: what have I done with them? how have I been of service. And then go into a shame spiral…

Lilian says:

So then I’m quite happy to accept that other people get things that I don’t. But if you think of gifts as just aspects of yourself that support you being you, that can fall away.

Lilian says:

Also I agree with 48, in a very strong way…

Lilian says:

Thanks again for this thread. It’s actually been very healing. Plus it’s helped clarify my next set of things to think about for sessions.

Lilian says:

Final bonus question for a cash prize: Once your enlightened, you can still reincarnate right? David B, wouldn’t you want to come back and play on the future quantum computers? Rose?

LILIAN, I have known people who lived on earth in Enlightenment before incarnating in this life.

You have no idea how vast the array of souls is, living here now, at that special time when this world has been moving into the Age of Awakening.

Reminds me of that cafe in the original “Star Wars” movie. You know the one? With all those various space creatures….

lol. I like that!

Lilian says:

I love how there is enough complexity on earth to handle that. 🙂 Just about..

Lilian says:

My final take is that we are to expect rapid growth then to plateau, like enzymes on the Michaelis Menton curve, previously limited by substrate (Divine frequency) until we’re once again limited by enzyme conc (hard won person growth.) You’re welcome.

Hey, I’m not only welcome. I’m laughing.

Lilian says:

A lot of people are growing rapidly right now. But I would say only a fraction would become enlightened.

I think of myself as a case of those that: Growing a lot, but still not anywhere near the crest of the enlightenment hill. So I think it’s important to put that in perspective.

How we’re seeking God is changing, but that can be a mid enlightenment journey event as well as an end of enlightenment journey event…