When Your Boss Is on a Train to Crazyland

Gladys works for a boss on the train to Crazyland. What to do if thats happening to you, too.

Gladys works for a boss on the train to Crazyland. What to do if that’s happening to your boss, too.

Problem-solving happens a lot in RES sessions. Today I helped my client Gladys deal with her boss JOE.

In general, her intention for this research session was “Enjoy my life more.” In particular, she asked me to pull out an energetic hologram from a troubling conversation she had just had with her boss.

What do I need to know when doing this kind of research? (Pulling out energetic holograms is a bit fancier than Stage Three Energetic Literacy — technically it’s Stage Four.) Only this…

What Happened? In Objective Reality, What Really Occurred?

The event was described simply enough. At work yesterday Gladys’s boss began to ask a series of questions. More details were requested than usual, and however Gladys answered this interrogation, more requests kept on coming: Questions answered, then more questions as though Gladys’ answers had been inadequate.

Uusually Joe was picky, but not this picky. Gladys began feeling uneasy.

And finally Joe demanded reassurance about Gladys’ upcoming work schedule, which was a ridiculously irrelevant non-issue. It seemed as though Joe worried whether Gladys was even coming to work. While this Gladys is as steady and responsible as they come.

Clearly Joe seemed to be insecure about something, but what was really griping him? That’s what Gladys wanted to find out through energetic literacy research.

So away we went, researching an energetic hologram from the incident.

Researching Joe’s Aura from an Energetic Hologram

Blog-Buddies, did you know that your  subconscious mind is constantly making videos — or the equivalent?

That informational downloading includes every single chakra databank in your aura… And those details are recorded for every single split second of your waking hours.

Plus there’s so much more. Your personal storage locker (called the “chit” in vedic Sanskrit)  includes plenty more data recorded for every split second.

Energetic holograms are stored from every other person with you at the time. Yes, every single chakra databank’s size and quality is stored within you as well, and easy to access… once the researcher has developed the Stage Four Energetic Literacy skill of researching those energetic holograms.

What is the only requirement for this kind of advanced aura reading research?  Just having that other person be with you in “energetic real time” — either on the phone with you or over a webcam conversation or talking in that quaintly olde-fashioned form of human interaction called “Being together in the same room, tawking.”

So Gladys and I settled upon pulling out the energetic hologram of Joe from that moment when he started (absurdly) asking about Gladys’ work schedule.

The Alarming Sequence Found in This Energetic Hologram

Joe’s Root Chakra Databank for Presence in the Room

90 miles. Way over-functioning. Not only was the size concerning; the quality of this chakra databank was even worse.

The reason wasn’t surprising. Joe wasn’t paying attention at human vibrational frequencies. His awareness was positioned at an astral-level equivalent close to human life, and tinged with fear.

Joe could have been suffering from spiritual addiction. But I wasn’t going to make this assessment until I had researched more of his chakra databanks.

Joe’s Root Chakra Databank for Making Contact with Objective Reality

1/8 inch. So this chakra databank was in shutdown, at the time of this meeting. What about the quality of this chakra databank?

He was barely making contact with the real, sold, human-type  world. The degree of imbalance within him was making him downright wobbly about being able to keep track of everyday life.

No wonder he was asking picky, tiny questions of Gladys. Perhaps this conversation was meant to help him settle down, feel steadier, more in control.

But somebody in spiritual addiction will never feel very normal, or safe, or inwardly peaceful.

The particular quality of shutdown came along with a kind of seeking that I wondered about. So the next stop on our little survey fo Joe’s chakra databanks went straight for…

Joe’s Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Using Power at Work

2 inches, close to shutdown. Even more troubling, a huge energetic subroutine (or subconscious-level habit) was at work.

The pattern in this chakra databank was unmistakable to this experienced aura reader.

Joe was seeking guidance, desperately seeking guidance.

The frantic quality in this chakra databank was just a bit more extreme than what I had found researching Joe so far. I’m pretty familiar with this particular form of frantic need for reassurance, so I knew where to go next.

Yes, Joe was seeking guidance desperately, but guidance from where?

Spiritual Guidance? Not Really. Not in Joe’s Case.

Many a devout churchgoer or New Ager has been taught to seek advice constantly from a higher power.

But when it comes to seeking guidance from an energetic source, confusion is rife. Many a search for Divine wisdom does not succeed at connecting to true Divine frequencies but, rather, astral experiences become a substitute for the unwitting seeker of truth.

Why does this happen? Because it takes skills to co-create with God. It takes knowledge and skills, not merely a wish.

In case you’re wondering, no this is not God’s fault. No more than if some poor deluded seeker is having an interesting (ultimately failed) experiment into seeking God through heroin addiction or sexual addiction or other horrible scenarios. — “There but for the grace of God” learning experiences here at Earth School.

Blog-Buddies, I do everything I can to teach the pretty easy-to-learn skills of energetic literacy. Why this is so useful to you as a consumer living now, in this Age of Awakening?

Because what are your chances of getting where you want to go now, in this new age, when the equivalent of too illiterate to read street signs?

Joe’s Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Spiritual Source

2 inches. Mostly shut down, Joe’s connection to Spiritual Source was tinged with fear. A kind of “The end is nigh” type of religiously-influenced fear.

That nearly clinched it for me, aiming to figure out what was going on with Joe. Just one more chakra databank was researched, to make sure.

Joe’s Third Eye Chakra Databank for Seeking Guidance

Out to the moon. Astral-level seeking was not only way, way exaggerated. Joe was constantly translating everyday life experiences into his belief system.

One way or another, Joe was riding a train to Crazyland.

Spiritual Addiction Can Lead to Losing Contact with Reality

Just this morning, I read a fascinating article in The Washington Post: Attacks on Trump just make these voters like him more

If you’re at all curious about the political appeal of Donald Trump, you may be fascinated (though horrified) to read the focus group comments reported in this article.

It’s all too easy to trot out the usual explanations about gerrymandering and civility and 24/hour news cycles and, as Anne Applebaum wrote today in an editorial in that same issue, easy access to online disinformation.

My perspective, as the founder of RES (Rosetree Energy Spirituality) includes researching people where they live subconsciously and energetically.

Spiritual addiction is a strong factor — a hidden factor — in many behaviors that have symptoms in weird behavior like trusting presidential candidate Ben Carson or strange, inappropriate questioning from Gladys’ boss Joe.

Consider these two recent blog posts about how spiritual addiction, when unchecked, can result in losing contact with reality:

When Spiritual Addiction Leads to a Breakdown. A Guest Post from MARIE

My Close Call with Spiritual Addiction. A Guest Post by Psychiatrist KATIE

Meanwhile, What Can You Do If Your Boss Seems to Be Going Nuts?

Here’s some practical advice that may help.

1. Keep doing your job, the one you are paid for.
  2. Document bizarre or unprofessional behavior, just in case drama develops at work. What did your boss say? Or do? What wasn’t said or done that is normally part of the job description?
  3. If you’re talking to a boss like Joe, steer clear of why:
  4. Don’t ask “Why are you so nervous?” or “What’s worrying you?”
  5. Keep your conversation businesslike, about objective reality.

Because I don’t know about Joe’s particular belief system or cult, and neither does Gladys. She’s better off that way.

Keeping a business relationship businesslike? That’s how to succeed in business these days, long term. Objective reality is your friend, my friend. Emphasizing reality over energies can help you to hold steady.

Isabelle says:

This was very, very interesting to read and makes me want to learn Energetic Literacy even more.

Lilian says:

omg. they should teach about how to deal with crazy bosses at school. honestly. and give acceptable responses:

“e.g., can we talk about work, I don’t know why you’re talking to me so much about your marriage.”

“What I do in my free time is none of your business”

Or “You seem to be telling me that you sacrificed so much for a career you don’t enjoy. Let me again how is this related to my job function”. etc.

Lilian says:

Just record the stuff the conversations you have with them.

Word to the wise. It’s weird how people act when they think they have authority over someone else. Instead of dealing with themselves they just dump it on others.

Isabelle says:

Oh yes, Lilian.
    – ‘It’s weird how people act when they think they have authority over someone else. Instead of dealing with themselves they just dump it on others.’

So here’s a question for you, ISABELLE, and you too, LILIAN.

Okay, and also I’m posing this question to any of you other Blog-Buddies who are doing so well at developing Empath Empowerment skills:

As a skilled empath, do you respond differently now when somebody has big inner problems, then treats you badly?

Isabella C. says:

I found this Nate Silver (the statistics guy) article about Donald Trump’s polls and chances of winning the nomination reassuring.

Isabella C. says:

An excerpt:

“Right now, he has 25 to 30 percent of the vote in polls among the roughly 25 percent of Americans who identify as Republican.

“(That’s something like 6 to 8 percent of the electorate overall, or about the same share of people who think the Apollo moon landings were faked.)”

Lilian says:

Rose, I don’t know. It’s about being a skilled empath. But even when you are not taking someone else’s stuff, there are still multiple logistical difficulties. It’s hard to get useful advise about how to handle these things.

Thank you, Isabella. That is very reassuring.

Rose, yes, I do definitely respond differently when people with big problems treat me badly.

During my unskilled empath days, I would make excuses for them, and subjectively try to fix them, “supporting” them with unskilled empath merges, etc.

Now, I’ll say something appropriate to the situation and leave, or otherwise go back to minding my own business. No matter how big or intense another person’s problems, it is no excuse for rudeness.

JESSICA GATES, this is just lovely.

David B says:

Well, Rose, I had a good laugh when I read the title of this blog post yesterday. As it happened, I gave notice that day, for that reason. 🙂

But yep – sure agree with the closing points. Had one job where I collected documentation off-site to protect myself for when things blew up. Such a mess…

Grace W says:

I also definitely respond differently now when people with big problems treat me badly.

First, I just plain recognize it more clearly than in years past. I have a stronger sense of self and self-respect and so won’t stand for being treated badly.

Grace W says:

My response time is faster.

I guess I can thank a lot of rude people for giving me wonderful training opportunities so that I could develop skills. 🙂

Grace W says:

Also, I just care far, far less what other people think of me, so it’s easier to speak up for myself.

David B says:

Yes, a big one is not making it personal, about me. Peoples stuff is their stuff, so I leave it there. (laughs)

DAVID B, there’s a shocker. Golly!

How sad for them.

So yes, not taking the craziness personally is a fine add-on to my post. And so is the practical part about finding a better job, if needed. Not all bosses have moved to Crazyland.

GRACE W, that Comment 15 is just super!

David B says:

Hi Rose
    It’s OK. It’s just a part time thing but one that kept being full time. The lesson for me was that I let it be. It’s been getting in the way of my own work.

Had been contemplating it, but then there was a response that flicked the switch. Time to get off the train. 🙂

Lilian says:

Thanks for sharing all. Yes, even without spiritual addiction people’s grasp of objective reality may not be as robust as it once was.

“I did write this blog post as a kind of cultural note that many good people are stuggling now with today’s vibrational frequencies, and I think some of the human-level consequences may just be getting started.”

Ack.

So Many Ah-ha’s says:

Wow, it just hit me that one reason for avoiding people in the workplace was because others were being inappropriate and I could use social skills to stop this.

So Many Ah-ha’s says:

So Many Ah-ha’s says:

Other times, I’ve noticed something not quite right, but didn’t think of it as out of line, because the other person tried to create some sort of relevance to the conversation.

So Many Ah-ha’s says:

So Many Ah-ha’s says:

I have used my social skills at times to address things like this but often feel afterwards like I am being “impolite.”

(Possibly doing an unskilled empath merge and feeling the effects of my words on the other person.)

So Many Ah-ha’s says:

So Many Ah-ha’s says:

All the more reason to become a skilled empath and not take on the stuff of others.

So Many Ah-ha’s says:

So Many Ah-ha’s says:

Rose and Blog-Buddies, thank you for this post and comments. Energetic literacy and empath empowerment are exciting and helping me grow faster than I would on my own.

So Many Ah-ha’s says:

Kate says:

My boss is on a train to Crazyland. She has always been a person who can’t see the forest for the trees, but these days she can’t even see the trees.

Every minute detail is overwhelming and scary for her, and she’s unable to make even the simplest of decisions.

Kate says:

I’m glad that as a skilled empath (and having had an RES healing session to cut my cord to her) I don’t go to Crazyland with her.

Kate says:

I do not spend time worrying about what kind of crazy she has.

I keep my interactions with her brief and to the point.

I don’t approach her when I can see by her body language that she’s freaking out. At times like that, she won’t even be able to hear anyone.

Kate says:

I’ve learned to speak authoritatively and simply with her.

I tell her what I’m doing, I don’t ask.

Kate says:

I don’t share any unnecessary details.

I take advantage of her more sane moments to keep her informed about what I’m doing.

I focus on doing my job.

Kate says:

Most importantly, I don’t stew about interactions with her after they are over.

Kate says:

So far, I haven’t documented… I should start doing that.

Kate says:

It’s interesting to observe how various coworkers deal with her.

One told me, “Ask for forgiveness, don’t ask for permission–just work around her”

I’ve found that is a good strategy.

Kate says:

Another is point-blank rude to our boss all the time, and usually gets her own way.

Other people patiently listen to her multiple repetitive questions and confusing directives, and spend a lot of time trying to do things her way and then stewing about it.

Kate says:

It boggles my mind exactly how many bosses I’ve had similar to her (or crazy in other ways)…

is it really so difficult to find an administrator who is sane and clear-headed with some kind of heart? It doesn’t seem like a lot to ask.

Kate says:

In the past, it has been a major source of angst in my life.

15 years ago I derailed my career because I had a boss I hated so much, I moved to another state without having another position lined up.

Kate says:

I love my job now. There are two administrators in my organization who I could easily hate–but I don’t.

I’ve come to accept that bobbleheads just come with the organizational territory.

Kate says:

One additional thought–I think there are definitely times when leaving the organization is the best thing to do.

Rose told me that sometimes organizations become corrupted–this is where the organization’s culture as a whole is toxic.

I experienced this in my last job. This happens when it’s not just one or two people, but a whole dysfunctional organizational culture.

Julie says:

“Subconsciously and energetically, Joe was seeking steadiness in his life. He was reaching and reaching, energetically, but not finding.”

I have talked to several people this week, where this seemed to be the case.

Wanting to feel normal, steady, peaceful, in control. Reaching for that.

But in a certain amount of turmoil.

Julie says:

Grace W., I liked your comment about your response time to rudeness being faster.

I’d like to develop this. I flinch in the moment but often don’t recognize rudeness (or how much it bothered me) until hours later.

Julie says:

Kate,

Your boss sounds exactly like mine!

Almost uncannily so!

Your strategies are similar to mine – lessen the interaction, notice when her body language is highly disturbed and work elsewhere in the building.

Be very concrete in communication (dial it down). Talk to her about work in her calmer moments. And above all, get the work done.

Julie says:

Also Kate,

I’m guessing cutting the cord of attachment to her is what allowed you to stop stewing over interactions with her.

It’s easy to say “I’m not going to stew over this. Not worth it!” but the cord might say otherwise.

Until it’s cut!

All these comments are so wonderful, JULIE and KATE and So Many Ah-ha’s. Thank you. 🙂

Who’s next?

And isn’t it interesting to learn that it’s not just you? At this time in history, humanity is still learning how to live in the Age of Awakening.

It’s not easy for most people, not yet.

Isabella C says:

I am loving the comments here, finding them so fascinating and learning a lot about you and from you Blog-Buddies.

Kate says:

Yes, Julie, cutting the cord to this boss, and to several other of my bosses is definitely the reason I don’t stew! It’s the best investment I ever made for my career.

Kate says:

Julie we’ve discussed these bosses before! It is uncanny how similar they are! My name is not really Kate, but Rose wisely changed my name for this post.

David B says:

Hi Kate

There’s another aspect to this worth noting. “how many bosses I’ve had similar to her”
    What’s the common factor? You.

The bosses I’ve tended to attract are OCD. They way over-work and manage by crisis.

David B says:

So the question becomes, what energetic dynamic is attracting that kind of person into my life?

Changing how you are with it makes a huge difference, although I have found it can be a bit layered.

David B says:

For myself, I realized I have some of that tendency myself so I attract similar. Add in high standards and soon I’m over-giving too.

Much better at it now but there where still further boundaries I can set.

Lilian says:

But David B, taking a subjective look like that can be dangerous.

I guess if you’ve had a consistent pattern that you can observe over 15 years then that’s one thing. But, just at this point in time all folk are a little more crazy than usual.

We have to be a bit sharper about how we deal with others, just in general.

Kate says:

David, yes, I am definitely the common denominator.

I think in the past it would have been my combination of past life experiences and “stuff” that drew me into those situations.

I don’t have that kind of stuff now, yet still the same type of administrators.

Kate says:

Rose suggested once that my experiences now could constitute a course in advanced diplomacy, maybe not even needed for this life but for some other life.

Kate says:

Then there is the possibility that libraries simply attract a certain type of person.

Kate says:

And, finally, given the large percentage of people I know in spiritual shutdown or close (most of the people I know), it may have nothing to do with me or libraries, but with the times.

Rosanna Tufts says:

Whoa — I actually attempted the “What’s Worrying You?” tactic once, to try to get a Riot-Act-Reader to back off.

Boy was that a mistake! it made him more furious than ever. He didn’t want to even consider that there might be something overblown about his behavior.

David B says:

Hi Kate
    You’re right. And sometimes there can just be some momentum from the past. Then, as long as we don’t reengage it, nothing more is created from it.

However, I’ve also found that there can be progressively subtler values of these dynamics. So while the surface has cleared, there is still something calling the experience back again, something to be seen.

David B says:

In my own case, with the recent decision, there was a recognition there was a subtle expectation. Along the lines of “this is how bosses are”. Because it had been the prior experience, it had become what we might call a habit of thinking. I realized I had a choice and didn’t have to have that experience anymore.

David B says:

Relationships are always 2-way. It takes both of us to create the dynamic. If one of us disengages that, the relationship will change.

And indeed, my boss is behaving quite differently now. Same person, but how they are with me is different.

Not something we usually think of as a choice…

From the perspective of RES, sessions of aura healing are quite different from the approach that you (beautifully) described here, DAVID B.

And also different from the perspective emphasized in the main post here, the practical workarounds.

For a personal session, you don’t have to assign to your conscious mind the arduous task of locating your deepest patterns, searching for causes, etc.

Instead you simply bring a human-type intention for emotional or spiritual growth, such as “Improve my relationship with Boss Joe, from my side.” Phew! Easy!

That’s a different approach to helping a person evolve.

In session, an RES expert will help you by getting the “Your next step” download straight from your subconscious mind.

Which type of STUFF is the biggest problem right now, as shown in your aura? Neither pattern-seeking nor conjecture, it’s a matter of applying skills that impact the subconscious mind and energy field.

All it takes is having a session with an expert at energetic literacy plus the many skill sets of energy HEALING that are part of RES.

Easier? Yes.

Admittedly though it’s a different approach from psychological self-help that so many of us have been doing.

Seems to me, a different approach was suggested by you, DAVID B, in your Comments 57-59. Because (bless your heart)you don’t incessantly preface each comment by telling all the rest of us Blog-Buddies, “I don’t just live in Enlightenment but it so happens I’m living in the super-duper version of Enlightenment known as Brahman Consciousness.”

David B says:

Hi Rose
    Right. I was just sharing my observations of what arose around getting off this crazyland train.

Not suggesting anyone try to “figure it all out” – thats just another crazyland train. This was just about noticing we have a choice.

Doing that requires the clarity of seeing only possible when enough Stuff is outta there.

Knowledge is different in different states of consciousness. The approach you wrote about here could work beautifully for those who likewise experience that state of consciousness.

For the rest of us, it’s good to have the benefit of energy healings that co-create with the Divine… a.k.a. RES.

Lilian says:

The danger with going infinitely deeper in the dynamics of the subconscious is that it brings the danger of spiritual addiction.

Lilian says:

My “boss” from aged 0-18 , has pretty well documented problems. And I dealt with those in a pretty practical and pragmatic way till about 2010.

Then I found my usual “social worker” skills of self reflection and practical action weren’t working so well anymore. Sub conscious stuff and the “energetics” were hitting me much harder, despite things being on the surface easier.

Lilian says:

Daivd B’s language is familiar. I find it easy to explore ever subtler dynamics and subtler realisations.

I even became in contact with dead family members who wanted to “help.”

I could see the deeper “stuff” in my subconscious, but it just slammed me into spiritual addiction as I couldn’t shift it. Too much awareness and too little power to change it.

Lilian says:

It broke my heart that I had to hang up my “social worker” hat and my familiar, self reflective way of being there for people.

(By self reflective I mean not always by doing unskilled merges, but by being ever willing to find ways that I could improve myself in any given painful situation and to grow. But some situations are too difficult to be in that self reflective space. It’s too much astral work and you find yourself not living a human life.)

Lilian says:

I’ve tried and failed to do this for others in my life since. It feels callous, but unless you’re enlightened already, then keeping things shallow seems to be the only way to do it right now.

Lilian says:

You can only do as much self reflective astral work as you can before you start drifting away from a human-*freq* life and head butting your own *sub* conscious stuff in a useless, painful, confusing way.

If that explains anything.

Training yourself on this by dealing with work colleagues in a matter of fact way is a good lesson learnt!

Thank you so much for sharing all this, LILIAN.

Lilian says:

Here’s a thing. Would you say that every single person now has an increased awareness, so now the bottleneck for growth is more likely to be power, rather than “light”. I don’t know what the deal is for spiritually shut down people. How can you be shutdown right now???

Lilian says:

The lack of power seems to be displayed in the work force. More contract work, flexible contracts, temporary work etc. Young people having to do lots of unpaid work before securing their first toehold into an insecure paid job.

Lilian says:

Means more people have an eternal lack of security, justified by bobble heads and wonks telling us that we need to be constantly motivated to work. (Like that isn’t just exhausting and demotivating.)

Lilian says:

That’s not my life anymore, but we have to keep our eyes on the ball as everything seems a bit wibbly and wobbly nowadays with what we promise each other.

I think that rather than “finding meaning” we should join unions and make sure we speak up for ourselves. 🙂

Regarding your Comment 72, LILIAN, “Would you say that every single person now has…. ”

Nope. It’s not my job to generalize about every single person living now. I would be highly skeptical of anybody who presumes to assess like that.

But I’m not primarily a theorist. Instead I actively help people, one individual at a time (sessions, workshops, mentoring).

When I generalize about those experiences, it’s not a one-size-fits-all set of “Thou shalts.”

If you’re curious about spiritual shutdown, let’s not start from scratch.

Here is a link to loads of blog posts about spiritual shutdown:

LILIAN, my favorite part of this series of ideas from you is from Comment 75:

“I think that rather than “finding meaning” we should join unions and make sure we speak up for ourselves. :-)”

Lilian says:

Sorry, just over stating there a bit. It just seems that now we have access to more awareness more easily (from what I understand about the shift), so what me may need to focus on for growth is the action and power part of the equations.

And my comment about spiritual shutdown is my personal disbelief about how it’s possible with all this awareness up for grabs.

Grace W says:

Thanks, Julie. Yes, my challenge now is that my response time is so fast that I can barely contain myself!

Not that that is always a bad thing…. 🙂

Grace W says:

Ooh, an afternoon in Crazyland…in the form of trying to get clarity from a U.S. health insurance company. Always an adventure!

I’m beginning to feel like an anthropologist as I deal with some bureaucrats. As in, how really does that mind work that way??

Grace W says:

Not that I spend a lot of time wondering, but sometimes I am just incredulous.

Or maybe it’s just a big cosmic cartoon we’ve been written into….

Grace W says:

Today, after searching multiple times for an important bit of info from the company’s website, I called and told the agent I was looking for x info and that it wasn’t on the website and that I’d looked multiple times.

His response? Well, you can find it on the website!

Grace W says:

I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said she’d tell me the same thing. She didn’t.

But then, miraculously, 2 knotty issues resolved themselves in an instant and in ways I still don’t quite understand.

So it’s like a Magical Crazyland! 🙂

Sarah says:

Haha, oh boy can I relate to some of the anecdotes shared here, especially that last one, Grace!

For me, it’s not my (only) my boss, but the customers. I work part time in a bagel shop right now and it’s just great fun for the equivalent of perusing a tourist website for Crazyland from the comfort of your own home!

Sarah says:

We only see each customer for a few minutes, tops, but it’s always enough to get a beautiful glimpse of a new example of humanity. Each day I come home with renewed faith in humanity (based on certain customers) and new definitions of Crazyland (based on others).

When I encounter people like Mr. It’s-on-the-website (when, no, it’s not, and that’s how the conversation started!) I have a similar “what the heck??” reaction.

Sarah says:

It seems to me like some of the people are actively hiding from reality. Like: “It’s too hard to deal with life right now, I am going to go on autopilot and just repeat the same things until this interaction stops.”

In my job, they are actually kind of a blessing… because those are the customers I can be fairly blunt with (would be considered “rude” by American customer service standards, probably) and they won’t notice or react any differently.

I get to practice doing things like saying “Nope, we don’t offer that.” And briskly moving onto the next person, while spacey-crazy person floats off to a different part of the store barely having registered my response.