President Obama's Letter to Me. A Guest Post by GRACE W.

When a letter comes in on butterfly wings... or even better

When a letter comes in on butterfly wings… or even better

Surprisingly quickly, several of you Blog-Buddies commented after I posted a comparison aura reading of President Obama. (Thanks, one and all.)

Among the responses, there was some discussion of a letter GRACE W received from Obama. Such a rare honor! Yet it is said that, each day, President Obama reads 10 letters sent to him. So members of the president’s staff must have found GRACE’s letter pretty special. But had he signed that letter personally?

Back at yesterday’s post, President Obama — How His Aura Has Changed, as part of the discussion I explained how GRACE could use a technique of energetic literacy to research. Yes, she could definitely use her aura reading skills to research whether or not the signature on her letter was personally written by the POTUS himself.

Yet one more practical use of aura reading! I sure never thought of it before. But then I’m always learning from my students and clients.

Graciously, GRACE W has volunteered to share with us the contents of that letter. And, at the end of her guest post,  you can read the result of her research.

Go, GRACE!

Why GRACE W. Wrote to the President

To follow up on my earlier comment about my letter from President Obama, thank you, Rose, for clarifying about using the “Questioning” technique to see if he signed the letter himself (rather than it being an auto pen).

Given the other heartfelt comments about him, I’m hoping you won’t find it too much, Rose, for me to share the letter. I find that it reflects what you shared in the aura reading.

I’ve written a few times to President Obama to thank him for his work on the Affordable Care Act, which has had a direct and profound impact on my life.

I received the following note in response:

Dear Grace:

Thank you for writing. I am encouraged when I hear about people who have benefited from the Affordable Care Act, and your message reminds me why I fought so hard for it in the first place.

This law has always been about freeing Americans from the fear that one illness or injury could cost you everything it took a lifetime to build. We have more to do to get there, and I am going to keep pushing every day to ensure this law works for everyone.

Again, thank you for your thoughtful letter – your story drives home the importance of making sure every American knows the peace of mind that comes with quality, affordable health care.

Researching the Signature, Autopen or Authentic?

As coached, I did the “Questioning” technique from “Aura Reading Through All Your Senses,” asking, “What can I learn about the signer of this signature?”

Here’s what I got:

• A big, powerful surge of feeling, a sense of humanity.
  • Feeling heartfelt gratitude to have made such a difference.
  • Huge power and weariness, yet happiness to be doing good work and helping everyday people like you.

Yes, it’s really him.

P.S. About the Affordable Care Act

For you Blog-Buddies not living in the U.S., a major feature of this law is that it became illegal for insurance companies to continue the practice of denying insurance to people with what the insurer called a “pre-existing condition.”

It means being able to get insurance and not be discriminated against based on what often became the whim of the insurer, claiming to know your body better than you or deciding your diabetes or heart condition would be too expensive to cover.

I’ve seen what they used to get away with (but didn’t with me 🙂 )

I would not be able to have health insurance were it not for the passage of the Affordable Care Act two years ago. This is why I’ve written to President Obama to express my thanks for the very hard work it’s taken to get it passed.

If you live in a country with a decent health care system, I encourage you to say a prayer of gratitude.

Are you mystified by the illustration at the top of today’s article?

It’s a cancelled postage stamp.

To see it more clearly, click once or twice on the image itself.

This trick works for any of our images at the blog. 🙂

Charlie says:

About Grace’s aura reading, I’m a bit skeptical.

Meaning no disrespect, how can she know if it’s accurate?

Grace W says:

Rose, I have no shame in saying I’m skeptical myself about the results of the aura reading.

I did the technique and those are the results I got, but I’m not confident that it’s accurate.

Mel says:

Unless you have a mental illness I don’t see any reason to question your perceptions.

David B says:

Seems to be theres 3 options:
    – the signature is a stamp or similar
    – the signature was real but signed by a staffer.
    – the signature is him, to a form letter and he briefly read yours.

Some offices avoid the second as it’s somewhat misrepresentative. If it’s not the first, it’s probably the third.

My mother got a letter from the queen on her 90th. Clearly signed. Would they really fake that?

Isabella C says:

President Obama has not had the luxury of being an idealist and making broad sweeping changes.

This was NOT EVEN CLOSE to being an option for him, unless he wanted to destroy the country and watch the world burn.

Isabella C says:

He, monumentally, has just barely managed to keep the country together.

This, in my opinion, is an extremely enormous world service that I can’t even begin to comprehend.

Isabella C says:

I’m really happy and impressed with what he’s done.

That he was able to pass anything is incredible and actually leaves me with a sense of awe.

Isabella C says:

It doesn’t bother me that our country isn’t perfect yet. In fact I am proud of our courageous people.

Isabella C says:

So many more people have a voice now. Just in the last few years!

I think this is under-appreciated because a large portion of what we hear from these new voices is nonsensical, hateful, and/or disgusting gibberish.

Isabella C says:

It’s overwhelming when so many people get to talk at once. And when you’re getting your very first chance to possibly be heard, maybe some word vomit salad falls out.

I think we’ll adjust.

Isabella C says:

Plus, I don’t think “fundamentally re-imagining” is for Presidents. That is for entrepreneurs, scientists.

Presidents don’t get to imagine a new nation or a new world. They negotiate with the one they have to move it towards that vision.

Isabella C says:

It’s like turning a barge, but it’s not a barge, it’s an entire huge nation with actual consciousness and the unique free wills of 320 million people.

Isabella C says:

Try getting 10 random people to come to a consensus on a way to collectively spend money they each individually earned.

Now try 320 million people.

Isabella C says:

Plus, I believe that some disenfranchised people in other nations (particularly China) consider Obama their real leader.

Isabelle says:

I don’t live in the US, so I don’t know how the impact was on you who live there.

And – it is NOT AN EASY JOB, either, being the president of a huge and powerful country – and having to work, discuss, and agree on important things together with other powerful politicians and companies.

Isabelle says:

Obama doesn’t do this job all by himself. There are loads of people that have as much power as him, or even more.

Isabelle says:

MONEY AND POWER OVER OTHER COUNTRIES play the biggest role here. In politics. Unfortunately. In my opinion.

Isabelle says:

So even though Barack Obama is a brave person and, in his heart, believes in every human’s right to live a good life, it doesn’t mean that he can change the system of a cruel (political) world.

Sounds pessimistic, but for me true.

Isabelle says:

When I first saw the photo from 2009 and the photo from 2016, I was shocked by how exhausted and almost not alive he looked.

Actually, I was afraid that he had drifted into extreme spiritual addiction – just by the way he looked and NOT by using Energetic Literacy.

– And with this I don’t mean to say that a person who is in extreme spiritual addiction looks in a certain way. Of course, one needs to use the skills Rose teaches to really be sure of that.

It was just my first thought when I saw the picture.

Isabelle says:

Talking about Trump (and I guess a lot of others) being a ‘surreal’ candidate for a political election, I have to add that we in Europe also experience to me very surreal situations where for example right wing extremism gets a widespread positive echo.

It makes me extremly sad.

Not only in Austria, where I live.

Isabelle says:

Thank you for letting us share our views here and I hope I didn’t offend anyone.

Isabelle says:

Would be really interesting (or maybe disgusting?) to know more about this person’s aura.

Hope it was ok to write and post all of this?

Grace W says:

David B, I spoke to someone at the White House and they told me he could have signed it, as he does do that, or it could have been an auto pen.

But he does read and approve of every letter that goes out, meaning that he read this type of letter that I’m guessing got sent to people who shared Obamacare tales. They’re not just form letters written and sent by staffers totally apart from his influence. I thought that was pretty cool.

Grace W says:

After submitting that last series of comments, I find that I must say more in response to Rachel’s comments.

If you lived here, Rachel, and followed the stories that I doubt reach you all in England, you’d be aware of the following examples of the concerted efforts by President Obama’s opponents to undermine him at every step throughout his presidency.

Grace W says:

*It’s common knowledge that certain factions in the GOP have taken on the mission to block anything and everything President Obama has attempted to accomplish and to make him a one-term president.

Grace W says:

Even acts that they formerly had supported and that make no sense whatsoever to oppose.

Like denying funding for health care for sick and dying 9/11 First Responders.

Grace W says:

*Certain member of Congress have taken these actions so far as to shut down the government, clearly showing no regard for the impact on the American people.

Grace W says:

*Other acts include gerrymandering voting districts and creating new voting regulations designed to make it more difficult for the poor and elderly to vote. These are typically Democratic voters.

Grace W says:

*The approval rating for Congress has been extremely low.

They accomplish very little, again because there are many in Congress determined to block any progress President Obama supports.

Grace W says:

The most disconcerting aspect in American politics now is not just the blatant lying of people like Donald Trump, but that his supporters make it clear that they don’t care that he’s lying.

I find that to be chilling.

Grace W says:

In those lies, opponents of President Obama encourage their supporters to basically blame him for what has not been accomplished and to criticize him for what has been accomplished, to a ludicrous extent.

Grace W says:

The forces that have been opposing President Obama are ruthless.

I’ve seen firsthand the business practices that value profits over people, to the extent that they have no qualms about sick people going bankrupt or dying.

I have had the experience of lying on my couch, sick as a dog, having to face the reality that I was up against a company that had no compunction about tossing me into financial ruin.

In fact, as I came to learn, they were counting on taking advantage of my vulnerability, ignorance, and physical weakness as a business strategy. I am not exaggerating.

Why did they do this? Because they could get away with it, plain and simple.

Grace W says:

It took politicians’ monumental effort over many years to oppose those forces and enact a law that stops them from the worst of their actions.

Grace W says:

So, again, with all respect, Rachel, I think that you have been ill-informed when you make a statement like this:

“Yes, he’s brought about some great changes to your healthcare,..”

Grace W says:

I feel the need to speak up and say that it is inaccurate to blame President Obama for so much that has been happening in recent years and what hasn’t been happening.

Grace W says:

The fact that he has his humanity intact, that he continues to fight to make changes to support middle class Americans, that he’s reasonable, intelligent, and calm in the face of all the opposition, all of this I find remarkable and extraordinary.

Grace W says:

Never mind his actions on climate change, clean energy, supporting veterans, and modernizing government practices through technology, to name a few visionary types of things.

Kira says:

Grace W., what a great letter! Thank you for sharing it.

David B says:

Yes, Americans, unlike all other G8 countries, don’t have universal health care. But thanks to heroic efforts on Obama’s part, they have more accessible (not universal) health Insurance.

Great article, and great comments.

Isabelle I love your analogy of a barge turning around, and also the example about trying to get 10 people to agree how to spend their money. Ha ha! So true.

Rachel says:

Hi Grace,

Please accept my apology for my flippant comment about healthcare changes… I’m sorry to have caused any hurt or offence, especially having read about the huge battle you’ve had.

I just fired off my comments quickly and should have taken more time to think through what I was writing.

And thanks Grace for pointing out what Obama has been up against.

No other US president in the history of US presidents has had to deal with anything like this.

Dana says:

Some very wise comments here and I’m better off for having read them.

I wonder what is happening at the level of auras in all that support the “vomit salad” as it is referred to above. It’s almost cult like or addictive in nature, as a bit of connection to reality is lost in it.

Thanks so much to everyone for all these comments. And for the civility of our sharing!

Today’s Washington Post (still one of America’s three newspapers of record) carried an article that shows well (I thought) the contrast between what the President actually does versus easy generalizations about his “doing nothing.”

I thought I’d share a bit, bolding the parts relevant to contrast between his allegedly “doing nothing” in contrast to facts that tell a very different story.

Until then, no sitting U.S. president had spoken at the Israeli Embassy in Washington.

As reported by Colbert King, President Obama attended the first-ever Israeli ceremony in the US to honor non-Jews who risked their lives to save Jews during the Holocaust.

His attendance itself was significant. President Obama was the first sitting U.S. president to ever speak at the Israeli Embassy in Washington.

He spoke out about the current rise of anti-Semitism worldwide. And, to quote Mr. King:

“That from a president who has made the United States a leader in the global fight against anti-Semitism;

who declares the U.S.’s commitment to Israel’s security to be, now and forever, unshakable;

who oversees a $3.1 billion military aid package to Israel that is likely to grow larger when the 10-year military package under negotiation is finalized;

and who, if he had visited, among other sites, [the Post’s] online opinions section last week, would read from one blogger that his administration is the most anti-Israel in history.”

Great comments, everyone.

Isabella C, I share your sense of awe. I give Obama credit for getting out of bed in the morning and facing what’s on his plate!

Grace W says:

What a lovely comment, Rachel. I appreciated your comments as a nudge to express some thoughts that had been simmering for a while.

Especially these days, I have a sense that what we say really does matter. Which is why it’s nice to have the opportunity here at Rose’s blog, in a civilized community conversation, to express our opinions in a thoughtful way.

Grace W says:

In retrospect, going through a huge challenge like the one I faced is a good experience in terms of developing compassion for those facing their own huge challenges.

It’s easy for people to lose perspective and to minimize what it takes to get through tough experiences rather than celebrating the positive.

Lilian says:

Oh Rose, I say this out of affection to you, as you’ve mentioned Israel. I had this image pop into my head a few weeks ago about how much you seem to be a modern day Rabbi.

Lilian says:

It seemed to resonate with my imagination. Marrying the scholarly, with the spiritual, with being of service to people with their everyday human concerns.

The amount of time you spend providing a forum for healthy discussion. The work you do in constantly updating ancient spiritual and mystical knowledge in modern contexts…

Lilian says:

Hope this isn’t too weird. It’s nothing like I see myself, (I have whole other mental images of myself :-p) but it demonstrates the breadth of how you are of service and how different you are to the new age gurus who (I believe) don’t have your humility and genuine love of ordinary people.

How very sweet, LILIAN. Not the way I have ever, ever thought of myself. Except for being proud of having come from a Jewish family.

Christine says:

I have been also been affected by the Affordable Care Act, both positively and negatively.

In my first job, it caused our hours to be cut because the employer didn’t want to have to offer us health insurance (Even though I was already part-time. I don’t know why).

On the other hand, I am able to stay on my parents health insurance plan which is good because I have been unable to find a full time job as of yet. Glad to hear it it helping people like Gracie W.

Consider, CHRISTINE, in your first job your employer used the Affordable Care Act as an excuse to further cut your hours.

Doesn’t that make sense? You were already part time and, as you wrote, your employer didn’t have to offer you health insurance.

I note this — definitely with sympathy for your situation — because many people are blaming Obamacare for their shoddy ethics and greedy ways of running a business.

Grace W says:

This sweet little girl loves President Obama and is heartbroken at the news that he has to end his term.

“I’m not ready for a new one!”

Sometimes hearing any news from the craziness of the campaign makes me want to do the same! 🙂