How is Energetic Literacy Different from Psychic Readings?

Why aura readings do not have to be psychic readings

Why aura readings do not have to be psychic readings

Thanks to recent comments here at the blog, ta da! We have another teachable moment. It’s on a recurring theme: What makes energetic literacy different from psychic readings?

Blog-Buddies, this is such an important topic because, for centuries, people have sought answers to life’s mysterious questions through psychic readings or intuitive development.

By  contrast, energetic literacy — particularly full, Stage Three Energetic Literacy is pretty new in the world.

This is a very Age of Awakening kind of energy reading with skill. It’s more like word literacy. The methods that I teach include Aura Reading Through All Your Senses® and (for Skilled Empath Merges) Empath Empowerment®.

Even experienced aura readers can sometimes fall into a bit of turmoil about what to expect, given how much we have heard all our lives about psychic readings. Certain expectations can confuse us.

Background for Our Teachable Moment

It began with some energetic literacy that I offered you’all in this post: President Obama — How His Aura Has Changed. In the lively exchange of comments that followed, GRACE W. told us that she had received a personal letter from the president in response to a letter that she had sent him.

She wondered about the signature. Grace was told that the President had probably signed it, and wished that she knew for sure.

In response, a comment floated the idea that she might find out by using some form of energetic literacy. I leapt in immediately since, right away, I saw potential for confusion.

• To research, “Yes or no, was this signed by President Obama?” That would have been a topic for a psychic reading.
  • So I proposed an alternative, using one of the techniques taught in “Aura Reading Through All Your Senses.” The technique is called “Questioning.” If GRACE W. was curious, she might use that technique (which requires an appropriate question for energetic literacy).
  • The question I proposed went, “What can I learn about the signer of this signature?”

Gorgeous Results from Energetic Literacy Research

What information did Grace receive from her energetic literacy-style research? She reported:

• A big, powerful surge of feeling, a sense of humanity.
  • Feeling heartfelt gratitude to have made such a difference.
  • Huge power and weariness, yet happiness to be doing good work and helping everyday people like you.
  • Yes, it’s really him.

Only That Didn’t Seem Good Enough Later. Why Not?

In our next post, GRACE W. graciously shared the letter that she received. President Obama’s Letter to Me. A Guest Post by GRACE W. Afterwards there was some discussion, of course, and in Comment 6, GRACE wrote:

“I’m skeptical myself about the results of the aura reading.

“I did the technique and those are the results I got, but I’m not confident that it’s accurate”

Given Grace’s very human skepticism, I have a practical suggestion for her and, actually, for any of my aura reading students who have suffered through similar uncomfortable feelings.

Although I love writing blog posts here, and monitoring the flow of knowledge, I don’t use this blog to rewrite my books. (Laughing) Look, I spent 6 1/2 years crafting “Aura Reading Through All Your Senses.” Of course it addresses self-doubt, a.k.a. “Read it. Then tear that apart.”

So… if you’re having that problem, might I suggest reading (or re-reading):

• Chapter One, Pages 11-17
  • Chapter Two, Pages 22-27
  • And then take your pick of many Q&A sections throughout this how-to book

And now for more of a general perspective, designed to help all of you truth seekers to, perhaps… THINK in a new direction.

Energetic Literacy Aims for Helpfulness, not Proof

Even if you have never studied psychic development, you’ve been influenced by psychic readers. You’re used to hearing that the “good” and “important” information from auras is all about accuracy.

Well, says who?

Intuitives and angel card readers and psychics and channelers and mediums.

And God bless them in their wonderful work!

However, a different kind of work is also wonderful: Energetic literacy. This empowers you as a human, helps you to stay energetically clean and functioning beautifully in this Age of Awakening.

Sure, if you’re asking a psychic for predictions, go ahead and hear what that psychic’s spirit guide has to say. And prize the accurate readings, because isn’t accuracy the point?

Energetic literacy skills are different. Whether you’re doing aura reading or Skilled Empath Merge or face reading!

The point is to bring you wisdom. To wake up the knower. To help you to learn from your current situation.

That’s what GRACE W was received from her exercise. I still think she got something quite valuable.

Personally, what else? I think it’s high time that we spiritual seekers let go the idea that accuracy is the gold standard of reading auras. Might I substitute “Helpfulness”?

Yes, Helpfulness

If it’s important for you to know the answer to a question, especially a yes-or-no type of question, there’s always a practical option: Doing research in objective reality.

Do you want to find out if your letter was signed personally by President Obama? Call up his office and ask.

Well, what if the answer isn’t perfectly definitive? Welcome to Earth School.

Some things we can find out to a dead certainty. Others we cannot. Maybe we would be best off accepting that.

For me, the purpose of energetic literacy isn’t to do an astral shortcut around the mysteries of human life. It is to open up the biggest spiritual truth I can hold, as expressed in human terms.

Sometimes I use aura reading for inspiration. Other times for research. And other times as a foundational skill of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) sessions for Aura Healing and Transformation.

Between when I started today’s article and now, I facilitated six session hours. One of them ended with a client in tears. She was so touched, so transformed, and so grateful.

Even during the session itself she could tell that something significant had occurred, in a subtle way. Helpfulness! Human-type results!

Accuracy points? To me, that doesn’t have to be part of the conversation.

Grace W says:

My, my Rose, I wasn’t expecting such an involved answer to my question! Thanks for taking the time to do so.

Grace W says:

I’d like to clarify a couple of things so as not to come across as a bit dumb in all of this, related to my curiosity about President Obama’s signature on the thank you letter.

Which was, of course, a pretty simple objective reality kind of question.

Grace W says:

To address my curiosity, I did call the White House. Turned out to be the day of the blizzard, so got nowhere.

Later, I called back, which I described in the other blog thread.

Grace W says:

The thought never entered my mind to use Energetic Literacy because my curiosity was about that yes or no or as close as possible objective reality answer. I didn’t want to let that part of your post go unaddressed.

It’s not like I was here scratching my head, wondering about the responses to the “Questioning” technique, the thought never occurring to me to call the White House and ask.

That’s the part that has me come across as a bit dumb and I’d like to correct.

Grace W says:

All in all, I was touched by the letter, am satisfied with what I know about it, and happy about the nice conversation I had with the lady in the “Comments” department at the White House.

By the way, she told me they really do appreciate getting thank you letters from citizens.

It’s not like I’m here stressing about absolutely having to know the truth about this.

Oh, GRACE W, it really was meant to be a teachable moment for all the Blog-Buddies. You know, clarification on the recurring theme: What makes energetic literacy different from psychic readings?

I didn’t think you were stewing. Or even a bit dumb. As if! This was not a “Rescue GRACE Moment.” 😉

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to clarify what I meant by “Teachable Moment.” And thanks too for inspiring us with your beautiful shares over the last couple of days!

Amanda says:

Rose, what a great point you make. It’s not about accuracy but helpfulness.

I have an example. One of the places I work recently lost a colleague to a very difficult illness.

I and others were left feeling a real mix of uncomfortable emotions as a result.

Amanda says:

I went into this centre last week and there was the essence of Linda there! A beautiful sweetness, come back to help heal those difficult emotions.

Or so I felt. Certainly all of mine are now gone.

Amanda says:

I have no idea whether in fact she was there for everyone that day or if it was simply personal.

Nor is there any way of objectively measuring that visit.

But I was helped, very much, and that is what matters.

Amanda

AMANDA, I am sorry for that loss suffered by you and your colleagues.

However I’m grateful for your example. Astral and Divine vibrational frequencies are part of life; and they have become relatively easy for anyone to feel, now that we’re living in the Age of Awakening.

Still, these energies can help us without becoming our full-time (or even part-time) jobs. We can quickly notice, maybe give thanks, definitely move on. Nothing fancier — like doing psychic-type work — is needed.

Amanda says:

Yes, I thoroughly agree. Brief and no effort was involved. It arrived like divine grace, out of the blue.

I was in the next day – and nothing. All was as normal.

Thank you for being kind, but I no longer feel any loss.

This has happened to me before when people have died. The fear and pain of Earth is definitely an illusion. 🙂

Amanda

David B says:

Yes, objective reality is good. But the desire for black and white facts doesn’t suit all types of knowing.

For example, in math. With arithmetic, there is one result. But in many types of math, we seek an estimate or approximation. Statistics, business planning, astrophysics…. In fact, Quantum Physics requires it. In the realm of virtual fluctuations of the vacuum, nothing is fixed. And yet much knowledge can be had. And it’s more powerful and universal than 2+2.

Kira says:

I decided something very similar when first learning shamanic journeying—the question to ask wasn’t “Is this real?” but “Is this helping?” Since my life is objectively better after learning shamanic journeying and later learning empath empowerment skills, that is what matters to me.

Lilian says:

But surely accuracy and helpfulness are correlated. It’s just different types of readings have different intentions and purposes. So, if you’re doing an aura reading, you need to be accurate in terms of what you’re doing. It wouldn’t be any good if Rose made up stuff. I’m sure my own “stuff” confuses the readings I try and do.

Lilian says:

Mediums often work with people who are unsure that the afterlife exists, so their clients need accurate information about their dead loved ones to confirm their survival. (I imagine most people on this blog don’t need this kind of “proof”!)

Lilian says:

Though it’s silly to think you can ever be accurate about the future. I guess astral level guides and busybodies can extrapolate a bit further than we can… but it’s all just guesses and likelihoods. So that can be both inaccurate and unhelpful.

David B says:

Lilian
    re: comment 14. With Aura reading, its a reading of that moment. The aura changes constantly. Some of the actor examples show massive changes just being in and out of character.

What then does “accuracy” mean? In the moment.

Lilian says:

It means being a clear and skilled and articulate mirror, in that moment.