Lessons from My Garden: Is Spring Supposed to Be This?

little tree

Yes, it’s the first day of spring. Yes, but.

Today I had big plans for planting. Four svelte and shiny little evergreen trees are perched in their pots. Plump bags of fancy soil are my new purchases too; promises written on the packages inspire me; this soil ought to help my new arborvites get off to a great start.

All my gardening plans are in place. Except for the forecast today: cold rain and maybe even snow.

But everything has been scheduled! A nice piece of time set aside, after church, is to be my glorious time for planting. Well, glorious except for that weather forecast, which is so not included in my official plans.

I’m Not Ungrateful, Not Really

When I went outdoors for the first time, some luscious mauve sunrise colors were still in the sky. And I loved that sight of my world made new.

Every day, life comes back so fresh. Animal, vegetable, mineral… Mother Earth is The Best!

I can be a good sport if the planting can’t happen today. How could I, really, complain?

Every day, my garden is showing something new. The necessary but dull sleep of winter is definitely done. Purple crocuses have bloomed, and now daffodils are standing up proudly (if shivering a bit, perhaps).

My darling lilacs are budding. Does it make me weird that I love them so?

Then let me be weird.

And, oh, let me plant! As a Gardening Mom I demand it. How big a favor would it be, for me to start off my new plants today? The first day of spring!

I had it all planned out, how it was supposed to be at my garden today. As if bringing their support to my plan, just look at my plants-in-waiting.

In their simple pots, my green young trees show a hint of their promise already, their everyday-unfussy, gently green, gorgeous needles. The delicacy of the top branches? Superb! It reminds me of feathers.

For these right-sized trees I have great expectations.

Yes, but.

I Just Don’t Like Waiting. I Don’t. I Don’t.

Reminds me of something that happened with work yesterday, a Skype session with Joe.

Towards the end of the session he casually mentioned how he had tried meditation but wasn’t any good at it. In a way, this shocked me. Because I’d done Skilled Empath Merge with Joe and he had the consciousness to be a meditation TEACHER, not some failed student.

So I facilitated a bit of Vibrational Re-Positioning. I offered to pull out some energetic holograms. Then and there, I did research for Joe, helping him to understand what really was going on. He did.

What was I able to show him? Mostly Joe had succeeded at doing the technique being taught, a really stooopid meditation method. In my opinion, it would have been impossible for this technique to work unless you did it for five hours straight. Only then, due to exhaustion, might the meditator slip into a deep experience.

Researching away, I demonstrated to Joe something that surprised and inspired him. To the degree that he “failed” at this technique, he was being protected by an already-strong connection to God.

This graced connection actually made it impossible for Joe to follow through with the self-torture that had been taught to him in the name of meditation. (“Clear your mind of thoughts” — really? Was this supposed to happen during or after the lobotomy?)

Then I went on to research the aura of Joe’s meditation teacher, Gladys. I went into some detail about the dreadful consequences of that stooooopid meditation technique on her. The specific, and shocking, qualities of awful!

Business as Usual, Except for One Thing

Joe got it. Facially he showed relief. Intellectually he understood. Emotionally Joe was freed from a sense of failure that was only due to multiple layers of illusion, viewed as silly things really once they had been cleared away.

In my line of work (RES) all of that is a great privilege, yet it is also business as usual.

So, for me, that was all in a day’s sacred work. Except for one thing. As we spoke, Joe’s eyes widened and his eye glitter turned steadier, even, than it had been before. (Eye glitter is a term from physiognomy. And that’s one face reading question you’re welcome to ask at my blog, if you want to put that in a comment box some time.)

“There is so much to RES. I had no idea there was so much to it.” Joe’s words matched what I was observing right there on the surface. Before this session, he didn’t even know what a chakra databank was. Now he understood there are techniques that, some day, he can learn. He can learn Stage Three Energetic Literacy and beyond. Of course he can.

(And, unlike what happened with that terribly sad meditation technique from his past, learning RES energy READING skills and energy HEALING skills would have a positive effect on his spiritual evolution, his path to Enlightenment.)

Beautiful, Yet Frustrating. Yes, I’ll Admit It.

Some day I can certainly teach JOE how to pull out an energetic hologram. (Stage Four Energetic Literacy.) I can even teach him how to do Vibrational Re-Positioning. (Stages Five and Six of Energetic Literacy, depending on which of the techniques is being used for the Vibrational Re-Positioning.)

But it isn’t time yet, teaching all this.

So far, I have taught only two of my RES professionals how to pull out energetic holograms. I could teach them because they were ready.

All my apprentices and graduates are moving forward so fast. I am so very proud of them, excited at the special excellence of each one, and quietly thrilled at the talent each of them brings to RES.

I’m hopeful about others who are preparing to apply for the Mentoring Program in Rosetree Energy Spirituality. I see the possibilities in them. If they continue to be willing, it will be my privilege to mentor them too.

Sure it takes a while to be trained as a professional at RES. And it is taking a while for there to be a ripening and establishment of skills. I’m teaching my graduates skills as fast as ever I can.

Only I’m aware that teaching must be paced appropriately for these new skills for the Age of Awakening (maybe new in the collective consciousness of the world, who am I to know for sure?)

It’s like training ballerinas. You might think, “She will do so great en pointe.” But woe to the teacher who is so eager that she teaches a young dancer to tie on her toe shoes too soon.

Patience Is a Virtue. Grrrrrr.

Not all virtues are acquired in a pleasant manner.

Sometimes I learn how to trust, to be a good sport.

• I am so grateful for the skills of RES, for the clients who appreciate it and those who help it to spread by respectful word of mouth.
  • I am awed by the rapid progress of those I have the privilege of teaching and mentoring. Talk about soul thrill!
  • I love my garden just as it is, and work with it the best I can, in the time available to me.

As for the rest, it’s like honoring the potential of my four glorious trees. I will plant them as soon as I can.

Sarah says:

Thank you, Rose!! For all that you do, and especially all that you teach!

I have been so excited and eager to one day learn Stage Four Energetic Literacy. …AND I know better than to try to rush my development of RES skills, even though sometimes I can be like one of my precocious horses with it, chomp chomp chomping on the bit and saying “more, more, more, I want to do more!”

Sarah says:

I love the ballet analogy you give, especially because it is the same analogy my trainer uses when explaining the classical method of training horses. Many folks want instant results, pretty dancing ponies, and they will rush the horse into higher levels at the expense of their mental and physical well-being (since they haven’t yet developed the muscling and focus required to sustain the higher level movements).

Very much like ballet. And very much like RES, minus the physical muscle part… More like consciousness muscles. 😉

Sarah says:

I started taking beginner ballet classes on her recommendation as well. And now I have plenty of opportunity to practice and observe that slow-and-steady development that comes with focused practice in an art form, be it ballet, classical dressage, or RES. (No gardening for me, 😉 but I can see that parallel as well!)

Thanks again, Rose!

Amanda says:

Hahaha! I’m reminded of a qigong master’s words – “you can’t make a plant grow by tugging on it”. 🙂

Emptying the mind as a meditation technique? Do people teach that? I am shocked.

Amanda

Christine says:

This post makes me wonder if I need to be more patient. I am trying to teach myself skills through your “Cut Cords of Attachment” book and I often feel like I’m not getting anywhere.

Sarah says:

Amanda: “you can’t make a plant grow by tugging on it”

LOL! (literally, I laughed hard at this)

I will remember that one.

Kira says:

I have seen the saying “you can’t make a plant grow by tugging on it” before, and whenever I actually picture trying to do that, it hurts. (So I generally avoid picturing it.)

I find it kind of funny that I’m feeling sorry for hypothetical plants that probably don’t feel pain from the tugging anyway.

Amanda says:

I really love the plant-tugging analogy. I had a similar one for my classes, then came across that quote.

It’s a vivid metaphor for sorting out our natural vs our contrived patterns – the natural ones rising and growing gently and the contrived ones feeling forced on us from some kind of external ideal.

To me it links in with the idea of ‘spontaneous right action’ – following the natural and avoiding the contrived patterns.

Ooh, that’s a lot of philosophy with my morning coffee!

Thank you, Rose.

🙂

Amanda

Lilian says:

Rose, it does sound like you’ve been tasked with a buttload of responsibility and leadership in this life.

Lilian says:

Please look after yourself. I won’t be able to (at least I would prefer not to) even think about applying to be a RES apprentice for another 10 years or so (career, pension and mortgage come first), so stay alive till then.

Kira says:

I totally sympathize with impatience, though.

I am normally a fairly patient person, maybe even too patient about some things; but as thankful as I am to no longer have cancerous tumors inside me, I have found myself frustrated with the speed of treatment several times so far.

Also with the few side effects I’ve experienced.

Kira says:

I’m sure there will be more of that with the upcoming radiation that I haven’t started yet and the physical therapy and the optional chemo pills to prevent recurrence and the whole reconstruction process (which is over 7 months from being able to be started and also lasts for months).

Kira says:

Luckily, I do seem to be a natural at finding good aspects of unpleasant things, and finding fun things to think about to avoid wallowing in frustration.

(Besides, depression was way worse than this and persisted thru more years of my life than this is likely to.)

Anyway, I feel your pain, Rose. Frustration is frustration, whether it’s over a huge problem or a tiny one.

On the day of this post, Blog-Buddy DAVID BUCKLAND posted an article about chakra databanks. He brought his perspective, as a teacher who specializes in higher states of consciousness.

To me it is just thrilling that he has experienced and identified 50 devatas, or gods, associated with one of his chakras… thus paralleling my findings about chakra databanks.

Read it here.

Lilian says:

Sorry Rose, I realise my comments were not quite what you were fishing for, that’s just where my mind goes.

You Sweetie, LILIAN. At this blog I care about civility. I don’t allow my personal blog to be used as a platform for promoting other people’s books and services, or outright spamming. And I dislike questions that request personal coaching not of general interest, as I define it. Or requests for energy healing via blog.

(Actually I’ve sketched out my next blog post; it will be on that last topic.)

And yes, a recent educational exchange with Martin Smithson here (Comments #11-16) reminded ME that I do less personal coaching about face reading than I once had time to do.

Beyond that, no worries. And I was touched by your “errant” comment. 🙂

Lilian says:

OK, again, you have our support (mainly due to vested interest ;-p ) in not over extending yourself. And as part of that, I’ll do my best to not fuss out loud.

David B says:

Lovely article, Rose. Beautifully illustrates the point in a practical, relatable way.

David B says:

re: comment 14
    Thanks for the shout-out, Rose.

To be clear, devata is a kind of generic term like “light being”. It includes everything from angels to gods. In this case, these are the beings who create form so are pre-form. They function in the cosmic, prior to our universe. They are experienced like profoundly intelligent points of light that work prior to space or time, unbound by them.

David B says:

Most interesting to students of databanks, they always work as a group. In other words, behind individual databanks is a synergy – they express together.

Thanks for Comment #18, and also for the fascinating insights in the next two comments as well.

I stand (gently) corrected about the meaning of “devata.”

Isabella C. says:

Fascinating, David! Thanks for sharing that.

Lilian says:

Also, in relation to the comment: “It seems the chakra databanks are their expression in your form. Freed of Stuff, they can express more fully. “

Lilian says:

I’ve definitely been feeling that in practise since SEAH removed massive chunks of stuff off certain areas. I can feel my energy grow and establish to fill the “gap.” And it certainly feels like my energy field has been “at work.” It’s interesting to think of the army of helpful beings helping me do this while maintaining a reasonable amount of stability.

Julie says:

About the failed meditation technique, and failure in general –

It can viewed as “I wasn’t good at something”.

Or, turned around, as “That Something wasn’t good for me”.

As in, it wasn’t suitable. For that person.

Julie says:

It’s easy to view failure through a painful lens, but it may ultimately be doing you a favor.

Steering you to better things.

More suitable things:)

IMPORTANT INSIGHTS there, JULIE. Thank you.

A reminder of our recent conversation together, Blog-Buddies, at “The Guru Game in the Age of Awakening.”

David B says:

Hi Lilian
    I’m describing the mechanics of how the databanks are created and sustained. We might say your energetic DNA or the tools you have to work with this life.

My wording is because they create for all beings simultaneously. You’ll find more at the link Rose posted in #14 above.

Grace W says:

To pick up on Julie’s comments related to things not working out as planned, I’ve been reflecting on a few instances of not so much “I wasn’t good at something” (like the earlier comment example of the meditation technique that didn’t fit), but things just not working out as they were “supposed to.”

But then seeing how things actually worked out better for me!

Grace W says:

I was supposed to have a fairly routine preventive screening procedure and had great trouble scheduling it over several weeks.

An office worker was quite surly in that process. I finally scheduled it for the last possible day in my window of opportunity.

Grace W says:

Just a few days before the procedure, I had a treatment with my new acupuncturist and discovered that having the procedure would have been dangerous for me, given what he discovered.

I canceled immediately. Whew!

Grace W says:

I ordered something that never arrived and got quite the runaround in trying to resolve it.

I finally got it and received $20 off without asking.

Grace W says:

I recently had the extremely rare experience of needing to fire a client.

Just the other day I signed a far more lucrative deal with another client who treats me quite well.

Kira says:

Nifty examples, Grace! I’ve had quite a few similar experiences myself. I was about to say that I couldn’t remember any particular examples offhand, but then one popped into mind:

Kira says:

My senior year in high school, I wanted to go to an academic competition in physics, my favorite subject. The competition was on my birthday, which is also Einstein’s birthday, and I really liked the date coincidence. But my physics teacher chose someone else.

There was a party on campus that day, and I saw one of my 2 best friends from 5th grade at it. She had changed schools after 5th grade, so I hadn’t seen her for 7 years. I wouldn’t have if I’d been at the competition.