Explaining RES to the Logical. A Guest Post by IRENE

IRENE, a big thinker, this time pictured in a rather big place

IRENE, a big thinker, this time pictured in a rather big place

Why does your personal energy matter for personal growth?

And, assuming that your personal energies do matter, among the many ways that people seek improvement energetically, what makes this field, Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) different?

Blog-Buddies, we’ve had much here discussion lately about how to introduce friends or family members to this distinctive specialty within mind-body-spirit. Comments at this guest post have taught me a lot.

And that education has only continued with the guest post and comments at Stick with those RES Sessions. A Guest Post by Lilian .

Thoughtful Blog-Buddy IRENE has given all this some thought. Today’s blog post shares her insights.

A bit of editing, links, and headings from me aim to add clarity and context. You’ll hear IRENE’s voice and ideas in what follows. Quite the treat!

Logical People Are Still People

How do I explain Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) to someone who doesn’t talk about auras and energies and spirituality?

Their primary interest is on their human life, which is great! This is wonderful protection against spiritual addiction in this new Age of Awakening!

And if they read this far into my guest post right now, perhaps they’re tempted to stop reading right here, thinking how very weird this Irene person is 😉

However, what may keep them listening instead?

They may notice recurring problems that don’t seem to go away, and that get in the way of the things they want to do, and the way they want to be able to feel in their life.

The first step is finding common ground.

Eight Ways to Describe Energy, RES-Style

You might explain first about energy

1. Do you believe in or understand or somehow just “get” things like thes?
  2. Feeling a vibe from somebody
  3. When certain people have a really strong and noticeable presence when they come into the room
  4. Sensing someone’s mood when they come into a room (especially before you even see the person)
  5. An intuitive sense of where you are (for example, when navigating an unfamiliar area, getting a sense that ‘this just feels like the right direction’)
  6. Noticing a peaceful feeling in nature, or feeling energized walking along a bustling street
  7. Gaining benefit from acupuncture and other body healing that are based on meridians of energy in the physical body
  8. Being more sensitive to noticing emotions, sounds, smells, light and environment

These Common Ways of Talking Are About Energy, Too

Do you use phrases like the 11 examples listed below?

1. What he really meant was
  2. What was going on beneath the surface
  3. On analysis, what was happening
  4. The overall feeling
  5. My sense of it was
  6. I got the feeling that….
  7. Deep down
  8. You know the feeling you get when?
  9. They were mad, but it wasn’t the whole story, if you know what I mean
  10. What I reckon is….
  11. It seems to me that….

(Credit to Rose Rosetree, Emily T and Lilian for these phrases from comments at other articles here at the blog recently)

Skeptical Or Not, You HAVE Been Noticing Energy After All

What are you noticing when you have these 8 experiences I listed so far? And what happens when you try to describe your experience by using phrases like the 11 I’ve just listed? Energy!

Yes, consider that what you’ve been observing is a form of energy.

How do people notice energy in everyday life, now that we’re in the Age of Awakening?

Often it’s an energetic vibration, a something that noticeably shifted but was not observed directly through the senses. Often energy is sensed only very, very subtly.

Compare this to sending internet information in the form of light on an optic cable from one place to another.

The optic signal is converted from a light to an electric signal that your computer can read.

Likewise, the information in the energy you noticed can also be read with great detail and accuracy.

You just have to know how (or find someone who is skilled at this kind of energy reading).

RES Can Teach You Energy READING Skills

RES skills for this, energetic literacy skills, allow you to observe, verbalize and record the information from those energies in a systemic way, offering specific and detailed insight into human choices and behavior.

When you can read the information in these energies, you may find energetic imbalances that may be the root cause of struggles in your life.

In addition to including unique (trademarked) energy READING skills, RES also includes unique (trademarked) energy HEALING skills. You can learn many of these on your own, from Rose Rosetree’s how-to books. Or you can book a session with an RES expert and invite that person to use professional skills to help you.

The Energy HEALING Skills Are Separate

And doesn’t that appeal to you as a logical person? Many who work in mind-body-spirit assume that an energy reading automatically produces a healing. Not so, says Rose.

RES healing skills are designed to facilitate help for the energies in your aura, your energy field. Not always the case in other mind-body-spirit modalities!

In this field, however, the emphasis is always on your human life.

Every bit of energy reading, every skill set for energy healing! In RES, every skill aims to be deeply relevant to your everyday human life.

What have I found, personally, as a result? Emotional and spiritual growth. Greater happiness and ease in my daily life.

My life has been the primary focus always. I think that’s what you’ll find for yourself, too.

Blog-Buddies, if you click on the photo at the top of this article, ta da! You will get a better look at IRENE.

And the glorious National Park in America where she was hiking at the time of the photo. Way to go, IRENE!

David B says:

Oh – i like that analogy – optical data and conversion. Being visual and seeing this stuff, it actually describes it: data in a “cable” (laughs)

David B says:

But you do also have to be able to “translate” what you see – get access to the information. Otherwise the chakra databanks are more like a Christmas ornament. An energetic decoration.

Very impressive, Irene!

David B says:

Irene looks to be in Breakfast Park, standing on a stack of bacon…

Nothing like that around here. Mostly igneous, not this kind of stratified sedimentary rock you find where once oceans or great lakes sat.

Irene says:

Well, I was hiking in so far as I walked a few metres (or yards for you American folks) from the car and climbed a few more metres up a small hill. Don’t I look just thrilled to get that far though! 😉

It is a very gorgeous part of the world 🙂

Lilian says:

Irene, this is absolutely PERFECT.

“Logical People Are Still People” lol, literally out loud

You know the pain of an analytical or technically minded person. We ARE people too!

Lilian says:

Yes, spot on, those 11 phrases are exactly how logical people would talk about energy… the trick is to guide them by asking for examples or solutions or action points etc and then they quickly realise that they’re doing.

Logical people aren’t by nature difficult, in my opinion.

Lilian says:

“Often energy is sensed only very, very subtly.” – yes. It’s not emotion. It’s something else entirely.

Many thanks. 🙂

It was a real identity crisis for me in accepting that I could feel energy. I thought the only was to acknowledge it would be to be someone who just accepts stuff without thinking about it.

Lilian says:

addendum-(Yes, Rose, I know you can accept stuff without thinking, like when you do aura readings. This is about accepting whole new-agey paradigms just because they sound slightly poetic and pseudo-sciency. Not my cup of tea, though it seemed like to only info out there.)

Then I got into it too deeply to “prove” it to myself. :-p

Irene says:

Haha, okay, my comment #6 is quite ridiculous after David B’s #2-5! I wrote it when only Rose’s first comment was posted.

Maybe that’s why I’m so excited – bacon, yum! 😉

Irene says:

Lilian, I definitely agree with your #11-13! The emphasis on practical results from RES is why I could stick with it. Such a relief to find, though I did take some convincing. Real-life results will do that though 🙂

Logical people aren’t difficult at all in my opinion (as a member of that crowd!) But they do require a really different style of explaining the unseen, subtle aspects of consciousness than for others!

Lilian says:

I do believe reaching out to humans not typically attracting to “energy” things will be fruitful. Quantum physics is mainstream, afterall.

Lilian says:

I think that it is quite possibly that, in the future, we’ll be able to measure kinds of energy that we simply cannot today.

Lilian says:

For me, what I found interesting was relating to the water crystal experiments by masaru emoto to the idea of the effect of the observer in quantum physics.

Lilian says:

Also, I really struggled with religion, or the idea of any kind of personal God.

Abstract God is A-OK.

So thinking about how God is love, and how love is the fundamental energy all matter, and anti-matter and whatnot existence or non-existence is suspended in helped.

Lilian says:

If God is in every molecule, in the balance of all the forces and the balance in momenta, then it’s powerful to think that God is in every your every thought, emotion and heartbeat. A pantheistic expression of God, I guess.

Lilian says:

So every piece of science and logical thought is actually an argument for the existence of God…

Lilian says:

So logical folk, with lots of capacity for intellectual growth are not by nature difficult. But they can struggle to see things from something other than an intellectual perspective…

(Rose might remember doing some aura readings of some beloved family members :-p blob)

Amanda says:

I love this post! You put it so clearly, Irene. Three cheers for logical explanation.

A lot of the teaching presumably has to do with pointing people towards recognising the natural aspect of energy.

Amanda says:

People can have all sorts of odd ideas about / reactions to the idea of ‘energy’.

If you point out the natural observabke reality of it, as you did so well in this post, they tend to go ‘oh, that!’

Amanda says:

Something friendly and normal rather than something ‘out there’ and adrenalised or given the status of an idea.

🙂

Amanda

Lilian says:

Good points Amanda. It’s two different things: the actual experience of energy and the set of ideas around it.

Lilian says:

I guess the problem is that without some useful, down to earth language, you can’t even talk about it unless you start using words and concepts you’re not comfortable with…

Lilian says:

And if you are not comfortable with the thoughts and concepts, I guess you start feeling you’re “believing” in something, rather than simply acknowledging it. lol.

Lilian says:

And using words that I’m not comfortable with just because they’re the only ones available just leads to disempowerment.

Lilian says:

There are so many ways for people to describe their experiences with emotions, sexual love, how it’s like to be a physical person, how they experience thoughts… and I believe there are as many ways for people to describe “energy” in ways that are natural to them.

Lilian says:

For me “energy” is not as useful a word as simply “information.” If there is something noone can argue with, is that we’re all, quite suddenly, acutely aware of all kinds of information!

“Like this optic signal, this energy you observed contains information within it. And like the optic signal, you have to convert it in order to access the information.”

LILIAN, I got a kick out of your comments. Perhaps because this field is called “Energy Spirituality.”

Not only is the dreaded (to some, perhaps) word “energy” used. But this field also requires the word “spirituality.” Wow!

Because RES would be hollow without information… about non-human experience that can support human experience, a.k.a. energy.

And because the power for what you do on your own, through my books or taking my workshops, comes from co-creating with the Divine. And the same for receiving benefits from sessions with an RES expert.

Belief isn’t a part of it, nor faith, nor worship. As any reader of this blog can tell pretty fast.

Even in sessions, many clients co-create with Highest Power. I can easily think of one person from this community who has moved into Enlightenment, using exclusively the term “Highest Power” for choice of the impersonal aspect of the Divine.

Face Reading Secrets(R) is the only exception to RES specialties using language about energy and not just astral energy but Divine vibrational frequencies.

But even my system of physiognomy is sprinkled with Divine presence, insight, inspiration, transformative power. Maybe you’ve read references in “The NEW Power of Face Reading” to opening the heart of compassion?

That’s a second energetic heart, at the High Heart Chakra. And you may be learning more about that in years to come. Maybe experiencing its awakening within yourself, too.

I feel no need to apologize for using either the word “Energy” or the word “Spirituality.” Being willing to handle that, without having to believe in either word, is the price of admission for gaining the results of Rosetree Energy Spirituality.

You’ve been willing, LILIAN. Others too.

Sarah says:

Loved those comments, Lilian & Rose–the whole set from #26-35. I can really see from both of those angles.

I have spent almost two years now, playing with language around “energy” and “spirituality” to talk to people who are otherwise uncomfortable with these terms. Early on, this was mostly because I WAS one of these people!

Sarah says:

Still, I want to comfortably settle into a place like what you describe, Rose, in #35–feeling no need to apologize (explicitly or implicitly) for using these words.

We’ve got to use SOME kind of words, you know? And “information science” is taken (lol).

Kidding.

Sarah says:

I do like to use a phrase like “energy is information” or “energy bodies contain information” early on so that other people can make that word-swap in their own heads if it helps them be more comfortable.

But then I would rather just consistently use the terms of the system, “energy” and “spirituality”.

Sarah says:

I think this also helps to normalize and standardize the usage of the words.

Lately, I’ve been hearing the word “energy” thrown around a lot, either to mean… really anything at all… (“Wow, the energy in here is terrible!” “Yeah, I know, I need to dust.”)

Or with an almost reverent tone, as if the word “energy” were synonymous with “God”!

Quite the range.

Sarah says:

The one thing I will add is that I appreciate the commitment to the phrase “energy spirituality” and I do my best to use it and briefly explain it when I meet new, receptive groups.

It really is *something different* from anything else out there.

Sarah says:

After I’ve explained it, I am frequently asked, “But… what IS it?”

Or “Then how is that different from [something it is nothing like, e.g. ministry]?”

Sarah says:

I continue to refine my explanations, but I believe some of this is just because it is SO new and different.

People want to fit it into an existing box

Sarah says:

“Oh, so it’s a type of psychotherapy.”

“Oh, so it’s basically Reiki.”

“Oh, so it’s like being a chaplain?”

And it is none of these. It is something different.

Sarah says:

The best “explanation” is really just to experience it yourself! ?

Once you’ve gotten results from something, I think it becomes a lot easier to provisionally accept the model which gave rise to the results – and “provisionally accept” does not mean “dogmatically believe in”.

Sarah says:

This is how new scientific theories are born, too!

David B says:

Yeah, people like to categorize everything to feel they have a handle on it, so they look for known comparables. But often unexamined areas of life are all lumped together – including energy, meditation, spirituality, God, etc. So they have a generic box.

The biggest problem with that – no ability to discriminate.

Sylvia says:

I really like this line, Rose:

What a very clear way of describing energy in RES!

Thanks, SYLVIA. Describing this new field is a challenge and occasionally I do feel frustrated when explaining it to others.

I’m so glad I have made SOME sense, at least to a person who has explored RES in depth. 😉

Thanks for your comments, too, SARAH and DAVID B.

Not everyone cares so much about finding the best words for something new. I’m glad that both of you, and SYLVIA, and many other Blog-Buddies also care to communicating as well as possible.

What keeps me persisting and, beyond that, inspires me?

It is the desire to do honor to the non-human co-creators of RES.

Rosetree Energy Spirituality enters the world, and grows, because it is energy SPIRITUALITY. It is a privilege to do sessions, writing, etc. along with Divine Beings.

They seem (to me) to be as eager to bring all these skills into the world… as certain people are eager to receive the practical benefits.

Lilian says:

These Diving Beings eh? Actually if you think about the Divine Beings behind RES (technique time, I guess) you get a sense of their tenderness and warmth. And humour actually.

Lilian says:

For me, it is important not to lump all types of “energy” into one thing. So, I experienced psychic energy and different types of energy in Reiki classes etc all very differently.

Lilian says:

This kind of energy felt much more solid and tangible than what I feel around RES (RES being more like what I felt before I got stuck in that stuff…).

So I was drawn to it, because it felt like I was getting better at feeling energy… if that makes sense.

Lilian says:

To some degree, I can get lower astral and physical mixed up too… for after SEAH some of my releasing felt like physical pain and discomfort.

Lilian says:

So the language used will reflect what kind of “energy” you’re experiencing… so it’s important to use the right words to convey what you’re actually experiencing.

Lilian says:

So the more we talk about using the energy that RES operates in (Divine, I guess…) then the scope we give to others to explore that.

Irene says:

Words matter. And some words get cluttered up with people using them inaccurately or to mean very different things.

There will probably always be misunderstandings and miscommunications, particularly around the subtle distinctions when people are initially introduced to something like RES that is so cutting edge and different than what is out there already.

David B says:

Agreed, Irene

I ran into someone recently who had an astral travel experience with near death elements in 1970. He maintains a web site and gives talks on it to this day. But he was using all kinds of wrong terminology, mainly Sanskrit terms associated with enlightenment.

Irene says:

It’s natural to try to fit something new into the framework you already have for explaining the world, however if that model isn’t accurate or expansive enough to describe your full reality, changing the framework may be needed.

Irene says:

Accurate discussion of consciousness and energy requires the same degree of precision as any other field if we want to make sure we’re talking about the same thing, but often people aren’t used to requiring that level of meticulousness in this area of life.

There may be more words needed, or perhaps an updated dictionary ?

David B says:

I pointed out the issues and he said I was using “conventional” definitions. He used the terms as he saw fit, even if they where meaningless in the context. None of it landed.

But I was able to make the points in the discussion group in question.

Irene says:

Using the word “energy” doesn’t bother me much – I had automatically equated it with other forms of unseen energy (like non-visible light from the sun for example).

“Spirituality” is trickier since my automatic mental associations are to Victorian spiritualism which is a very, very different thing but uses some similar words. I still have to consciously remember the difference there.

Irene says:

The literacy comparison is useful to me in a lot of this. It took faith for me to trust RES at the beginning.

Still does to a degree even though I experience results in my life from RES healing and can validate much of the RES readings I’ve received with my internal experience.

I don’t yet have the skills to read my own aura.

Irene says:

It requires the kind of faith that someone who doesn’t know how to read written words would need to have in someone reading to them.

The fact that these squiggles mean something is obvious to me, because I’ve learned to understand them as symbols representing words with a certain meaning.

Irene says:

But if I don’t know how to read them, I have to trust that the person reading them to me is telling me the truth, both in the content of what they tell me and also just in the simple fact that these squiggles do in fact have meaning.

Until I learn to read those squiggles for myself ?

David B says:

A friend just sent me a Washington Post article – relevant for both face reading and this discussion.

We do the same thing with words we’re hearing as faces we’re seeing. A subconscious presort happens with all perception before it’s conscious.

David B says:

This is partly why we have to put aside old habit assumptions when learning new skills. Otherwise we’ll screen out part of what’s there.

The article in the Post is fascinating indeed. Thanks for sending the link. I must hasten to point out, however, that face reading (physiognomy) has zero relevance to it.

Reading faces, at least with the distinctive system I teach, aims to open the heart of compassion. Consciously we start to notice many nuances about faces (physically) and personal style (individually).

I really, really like that point you made in Comment #67, DAVID B.

That is why workshops and personal mentoring can help RES students to develop really, really good habits. I call this “effortlessness when doing techniques that involve consciousness.”

But you could also say that I find where there are old assumptions about how to use consciousness, etc. And then I help students find, instead, a silky-smooth, easy way to allow consciousness to flow.

Lilian says:

Thank-you all for caring about this topic. 🙂

Lilian says:

From having Rose do aura readings for me, I realise that I do habitually do aura readings of certain databanks. I don’t realise it because it is so effortless. At least I have some words for what I’m noticing, and also the awareness that I’m actually doing technique time!

Lilian says:

That really proves that energy awareness is so natural and effortless that we really don’t need to sweat it these days. 🙂