Last night I was all set to do my daily pinned-posting on the Empath Empowerment® Skills Group on Facebook when my eyes were riveted by a comment from somebody who undoubtedly had no idea how shocking her words would be to me.
“GLADYS” has inspired today’s post. Altogether I was too stunned, last night, to do the usual pinned-posting for the FB group. I’ll get to GLADYS’s specific words later in this article.
But first, let’s get to the general point.
Any time you have a session with me, what can you do in the unlikely event that… you don’t understand what I’m saying?
Your Personal Session with Me Is for Your Benefit, Right?
So it’s important to speak up during your session if you are having a problem of any kind, including that you don’t understand me.
I’d estimate that over 99% of my clients DO understand what’s going on in the session. The majority of RES clients have more than one session! Besides, these are quite standard features of any session that I facilitate:
- Together we will agree on an official intention.
- We will agree on whether it is to be a session of EITHER RES Energy HEALING OR RES Energy READING OR personal mentoring.
- For every centerpiece in an RES session — and every session does have one main event, or centerpiece — I will give you an orientation. That means that you’ll receive an overview, explaining to you exactly what is going to happen, so that you can feel comfortable while we’re in session.
- The exception: If you have already had that particular session centerpiece before, then you don’t need me to repeat the orientation. (Although if you request that, I’ll do that.)
Also in a first RES session…
- I’ll say something like this: “You may notice, I’m speaking really fast. That’s because I want to pack your session with what will help you. BUT, if you ever, ever, want me to slow down, just ask. Okay?”
That said, here’s what transpired with GLADYS.
A Public Question at a Public FB Group
GLADYS began by asking, “Hello:) how do I know for sure if I am an empath? I used to think I was… but I got really confused.”
FB group members gave her sensible advice, like reading “Become The Most Important Person in the Room.” [Now the updated book for beginners is Empath Empowerment in 30 Days.]
But that wasn’t enough for GLADYS. Nope, she moved on to this statement:
“I recently had a session with Rosie but it wasnt clear if i am or not:) i think it was because of my english…”
(Incidentally, nobody in my life right now calls me “Rosie” except my husband and my sister. To me, that’s a very special term of endearment; other people don’t get closer to me by assuming that I’ll like it when they call me that.)
We did resolve this little thread at the FB group. GLADYS is a sweet person, and respectful. I think she just had no clue that what she did wasn’t very appropriate. Which, as I’ve noted, has inspired my post for today.
Please, Don’t Ask about Your Personal Session to Random People in Public
GLADYS was lucky because at my FB group for empaths two very responsible people responded. And then I responded, too.
Most public groups for empaths include a hodgepodge of “experts” who are suffering as empaths, offer advice freely, and maybe don’t know much about what an empath even is.
I’m glad that GLADYS wasn’t told by one of these people, for example, “You’re a Medium Empath.”
Yes, you can read this highly questionable term at an article written by a psychic, “Empowered By Sensitivity: What Type Of Empath Are You?”
Interesting title, isn’t it? Not literally using my trademarked term Empath Empowerment® nor the title of my copyrighted book, “The Empowered Empath.”
Now, there’s somebody familiar with Empath Empowerment® and how search engines work… but maybe not yet possessing a great understanding about the karma for plagarism. (Am I the only one to think it’s quite pathetic how many people give “Empath Empowerment” workshops in violation of my trademark?)
Anyway, back at practical problem-solving…
If We Have a Session, You’re Given a Recording of It
Yes, it would be smart to listen to your recording. That way, if there is NEW information or UNEXPECTED information or NUANCED information during your session, you can listen as many times as needed until you understand it.
- Many new clients are expecting their RES session to be just like their psychotherapy or their psychic readings with practitioners… whom they have not scheduled this session with. Well, glad to have the chance to help you. 🙂 Just remember, please: RES is a different way to be helped.
- Some of the clients who come to me from Rick Archer’s or David Buckland’s wonderful websites are expecting praise from me as an Enlightenment Coach. When I don’t express admiration for their high state of consciousness (because most have actually been quite far from Enlightenment), they find it really, really hard to understand whatever I’m saying.
- Clients who are in spiritual addiction can find it terribly difficult to understand what I’m telling them. Unless they follow up with what they agree to do during the session! Ahem!
- Or, of course, unless they listen to the recordings sent to them.
- Many new clients are expecting their RES session to be more of the energy clearing they’re used to, as if it were energy medicine. But it’s not. The field is energy spirituality!
If any of these folks can summon up the curiosity (or humility) to listen to their recording, they just might be able to understand how help was given to them.
For instance, if GLADYS had listened to her recording she would have heard the part where I answered her question, “Am I an empath?”
“Yes,” I told her.
Then I went on to explain WHY it would be neither ethical nor helpful to tell her which empath gift(s) she has.
Hey, GLADYS could have heard that part too, right? Had she listened to her session recording even once, that explanation would have been there for her, loud and clear.
Session recordings are made whenever a client would like me to make one. No charge. I don’t guarantee they will come out, but usually they do. Plus clients can always make their own recording as well.
What Can You Do DURING A Session If You Don’t Understand?
- Telling me would be helpful.
- Asking a question would be helpful.
- Asking me to speak more slowly might be helpful.
What Else Can You Do, Especially If English Is Not Comfortable for You
Find a friend who can interpret for you, a trustworthy friend who will keep your session private.
Set up your session with that interpreter.
Some people today still have landlines with multiple extensions, which makes it really easy to do.
But you can also set up your session as a conference call, and I’ll record it that way. Just let Appointment Coordinator Mitch know when he schedules your appointment, because we need to do something a little different, technically, over here at Rose Rosetree, LLC.
Interpreting is really, really important unless your English is fluent and your vocabulary is large.
Because much that is discussed in RES is SUBTLE.
If you only understand 80% of English speech, you might not be satisfied with what happens after you order in a restaurant. And, I promise you, the info in RES is a lot more refined than ordering food in a restaurant.
Interpreting is so worth it, but this takes extra time so keep in mind that…
A Longer Session Can Be Helpful Too
Although most of my RES sessions are 55 minutes, you can schedule an extra 15 minutes or even an extra 30 minutes. The hourly fee is pro-rated, so each extra 15-min. chunk is $37.50.
Consider scheduling a longer session time if you would like me to speak really slowly. Or if you would like me to repeat things as needed,
Yet you also want to me help you significantly.
Know that I Care a Lot about Helping You
If you don’t speak up when you have a problem, how can I possibly help? Give me that chance while we are in session.
Because, like it or not, that session lasts for a certain amount of time. Afterwards I am not available to become your new buddy via email or Facebook. (As “Rosie” or under any other name. 😉 )
If I did this for you, I’d have to do it for others. And then I wouldn’t have time to do sessions for other clients.
So let’s play nicely, folks.