Golly, the great questions you Blog-Buddies ask in our comments sections! This time we had a conversation going on today related to this gorgeous article, A Guest Post by RES Professional Jessica Gates.
Our discussion worked around to RACHEL requesting an example of learning for someone who had moved into Householder Enlightenment.
GRACE W. replied, “Ill chime in and say that, yes, in my experience, learning has become easier with less STUFF. Whats been great fun is the quickening of creating. Meaning that the speed between my choice to create something in particular in my life and the manifestation of it, in certain cases, has been amazing. That is really fun. ?
Of course, RACHEL’s curiosity was piqued. She politely requested that GRACE W. share more about this topic, if possible.
with typical generosity, GRACE W. supplied this comment, which began as Comment #51, but it clearly deserved to be elevated to its own guest post. Here it comes, with a bit of formatting etc. from the blog monitor (moi) and big thanks to GRACE W.
Skills for Goal Setting Help a Person to Succeed
To set the context, I use my handy-dandy Magnetize Money tracking system that I learned from Rose. [Note: The how-to book is “Magnetize Money with Energetic Literacy: 10 Secrets for Success and Prosperity in the Third Millennium.”
I have also been a student of the creative process.
I’ve been working on developing my accent coaching business for a few years now. In January, I refined my vision
This Is the Vision I Wrote Down to Help My Business Succeed
- I want to create a lucrative accent coaching business.
- I want to be an in-demand expert that people flock to for accent coaching.
- I have a beautiful, comfy, serene office in which I work with my clients. I am in control of my environment, and it allows me to be at my best and feel fully supported as I serve my clients.
- The space has just the right amount of natural light, great feng shui, plants, stylish décor, and we love being there.
- It is conveniently located so that my clients and I reach it easily.
- I work one-on-one with fabulous clients.
- They are smart, fascinating, creative, open-minded, diligent, honest, fun to work with, respect me and my work, and are happy to make the time in their schedules for our work.
- They have the financial resources to pay for my services and are happy to do so.
- I serve my clients by doing accent coaching one-on-one and in classes.
- My list contains more, actually, including my fees.
Next the Legwork, in Human Objective Reality
After writing that down, I went about the business of doing the legwork. Much of this has involved paying attention to opportunities, taking risks, promoting my work, following up on every possible lead, and tracking my progress.
I also did amazing work with my acupuncturist to clear out more STUFF in Jan/Feb.
He said, “I think you’ll see that things come to you more easily now…”
I also keep up with the energy hygiene practices I learned from Rose.
Here Comes the Really Fun Part
In the most expensive housing and office rental market in the US (San Francisco), I have found the perfect, cozy little space for my one-on-one lessons.
At a fabulous price.
In order to begin teaching closer to my home (not in SF), I asked a contact about the possibility of renting a conference room in the office building he works in. This is across the street from my home.
He reserves it for me for a pittance and says I can use it whenever I want.
I found another space in SF for a group class through a business that rents meeting rooms through an app.
Turns out, it’s absolutely gorgeous, with 14th floor views of Union Square in SF (pretty!). Also cheap.
And what I didn’t learn till I got there? That the building’s name, which is written right on the big awning over the front door is the “Grace Building.” For real. 🙂
Oh When the Clients Come Marching In
In recent weeks, I’ve had a little flurry of new students just like those I envisioned.
It helps that I’ve become clearer about my services, including raising my rates and establishing a minimum number of lessons so as to create more stability.
I’ve attracted students who are happy to sign up. Some want even more than the minimum.
This is all definitely different from earlier phases in this process of developing my business.
Continuing Education about How to Do Business My Way
I’ve encountered various challenges over the years that have taught me what I need to change and how I need to grow.
One of the biggest has been simply saying no to students and situations that don’t suit me instead of clinging to them, trying to make them work.
As I’ve become clearer and simply present who I am and what I do, rather than trying to convince anyone to work with me, it has become far easier to attract people I truly love working with.
Being clearer also has allowed me:
- To be able to respond quickly and calmly to opportunities
- To be able to track all the scheduling, planning, and financial end of things
- Quickly learn new software that helps me track some of this.
What Else Helps (And May Be a Bit Easier Due to Living in Enlightenment)
I keep the focus on what I want to create rather than fretting about whether I’m following the latest expert’s advice on *the* way to start and run a business.
I’m also diligent about self-care, so that I am the kind and happy teacher my clients want to hire.