Spiritually, Why Your Life Is So Very Important

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

JULIE BLAKE EDISON, right behind me every step of the way

Today’s blog post is dedicated to JULIE BLAKE EDISON, who wrote this Comment #11 at Finding Your New Direction for Success, Health, and More. Newsletter Announcement.

Quoting Rose’s newsletter “…have you ever felt downright tormented because you needed to find your way and it seemed as though that vital information was cruelly being withheld from you?”

Then from JULIE, “Yes, and in my case sadness. Sadness that God had given other people important things to do, and left me hanging. As in ‘You do whatever.’”

Oh, Amazing JULIE!

JULIE BLAKE EDISON. Only the first of all in the RES community to move into Enlightenment!

JULIE BLAKE EDISON. Only the long-time volunteer who booked my appointments for RES sessions FOR YEARS, before Mitch came on board to help!

JULIE BLAKE EDISON. Only the astoundingly evolved being in human form who can be seen in group photo after group photo, when I gave workshops back in the day and there you were every time. Finding the money to attend. Inspiring me with your participation. In every class photograph, standing directly in back of me. Standing there like an angel, protecting me.

If I had done a decent job of saving all those class photos from back in the day, I would have a lot more to display today, right on this blog post. At least I was able to locate one of them for the top of this article. 🙂

You see, JULIE, I don’t know most of what you have done in this lifetime… at every one of  your jobs… official and unofficial.

But I do know that you are one of the ones who have made possible this field of “Rosetree Energy Spirituality.”

Small Aside about that Name “Rosetree Energy Spirituality”

This field does bear my name. “Rosetree Energy Spirituality” for long and “RES”  for short. (And, to me, more comfortable.)

Because enough people have been doing things in the name of “energy spirituality” that I felt I had to claim a variation of that name that wouldn’t be taken by others, diluting this particular field of knowledge.  For giggles, I just googled “energy spirituality” and found 42,700,000 hits.

Trademarks are useful only up to a point. Who has the time and money to pursue every infringer on “Empath Empowerment®,” for instance. I figured “Rosetree Energy Spirituality” wouldn’t be taken by others. I mean, really, who else would want that?

Back to You, Julie, and So Many Unsung RES Indispensables

This field may bear my name but it never, ever could have been as developed as it is now… had it not been for so many others.

You, Julie. And Kathy Wilewski, the Lilylady. And the prolifically talented Kristy Simmons, once a teenager called “Beautiful Flower.” All of whom made appointments for me. And if they hadn’t protected me in that way, I doubt I would have had the strength to continue to doing sessions or have energy enough to write books.

And what about Tara Morrell, a fabulous dancer as well as having her own money-making career I won’t mention here. Tara spent 12 hours straight uploading my modest collection of YouTube videos. Totally volunteering, and such a gift! Without her, so far, what would I have exactly nothing. (Okay, exceptions are the batgap interview and a couple of podcasts by Connie Bowman.)

Blog-Buddies, it would take me most of this day to acknowledge everyone who has helped me. Some of you are regular Blog-Buddies now. Well, please feel my gratitude, wrapped in situationally necessary silence.

Suffice it to say that I would not have managed to bring a new field of knowledge into the world (admittedly without even knowing I was doing it, not for decades), except that I have had — and continue to have — and I personally need — so much help.

Every one of you is a kind of spiritual stockholder for the initial offering of RES. Whatever good karma dividends may come to me, they also go straight to you.

Back at the Larger Question for Most Human Beings

How do you make a difference, spiritually, in this world?

You do it every day of your life. You carry your auric modeling. No extra work needed, but that hardly means “No pain, no gain.”

That law goes, “Spirituality is caught, not taught.”

Sure, some folks like me NEED to be spiritual teachers, and so we’ve been given the chance to do it. But so many others, far more evolved, didn’t come into life with this particular craving.

Every one of us, regardless of our Earth School status labels or how we support ourselves financially, each one of us is created equal. Each of us carries around our current auric modeling.

This is how you help other people spiritually. You do this every day of your life. In the library. At the supermarket. Cat-sitting for a grateful pet owner. Or whatever!

You do that auric modeling without ceasing, every social interaction and all your waking hours.

Besides sharing your auric modeling, you also serve as a spiritual teacher through your speech and action. Every bit of good manners. Every act of respect towards another person. Every time you say “No”  — when that “No” really needs to be said.

Every day of your life, Blog-Buddies, you shine that spiritual light. As for those who care about such things. (You know, like God.) Don’t you think they take notice?

After this incarnation, at your life review, you will scroll through — and feel — and taste — the full list. For now, if you’re not fully convinced of any of this, just take my word for it, okay? (I know about this from having facilitated many sessions of Soul Energy Awakening Hypnosis® that include re-visiting a Life Review.

And There’s More…

Yes, as they say in those obnoxious TV informercials, only when I share those words with you now — it’s probably motivated by a pretty different intent.

What does it mean about you if you haven’t had one strong, set, meant-to-be purpose in this particular life? Well, here are some possible answers. Might any apply to you?

#1. You didn’t grow up 100 years ago or earlier, when your “purpose” was decided for you by others, as happened for every other child in the village.

Well, congratulations on that one.

#2. In making your Life Contract for this incarnation, you didn’t have life work decided for you as a firm meant-to-be.

Well, there’s some value to that sort of obvious life purpose. Like being a Mozart.

Heck, “a Mozart”?

There was only one Mozart. I can’t read his aura from a photo. (Small anachronism problem there.)

But from what I know, he was usually broke. Depended for his livelihood on music patrons, whom he often had good reason to despise. Had plenty of STUFF that ran him and detracted from his quality of life as a human being.

Definitely he died young.

So that human lifetime of clear life purpose and definite meant-to-be work isn’t only rare. It might not usually be such a bargain.

#3. You did have to figure out your life path as you went along.

Aha! One of the most common, GREAT, POWERFUL ways to evolve at Earth School.

Sorry that this isn’t necessarily fun.

If it’s any consolation for all the uncertainty and the struggles, guess what? Even if you didn’t know the wonder of it at the time… You still get to keep every bit of the spiritual evolution caused by having to figure out what on earth you would do with yourself.

#4. Maybe you haven’t always had the highest social status or the biggest bank account.

Sorry about that. I can relate.

So please forgive me when I write, “So what?”

In terms of your spiritual evolution, do you think these things matter even as much as pool of vomit?

At least the throw-up might have been part of a useful process for the person’s health. 😉

Most Old Souls Don’t Have One Purpose

Younger souls, the less mature ones, often come into an incarnation with a definite life purpose, a meant-to-be “This is what you will do in the world.”

An old soul, and especially an ancient being like that JULIE BLAKE EDISON, often lives as an on-call emergency worker.

I doubt that many of you oldies would even have ordinarily bothered to incarnate on earth any more — Earth School not being the only place to evolve.

At other times in history you would have been content to enjoy being an angel.

And I’m convinced that some of you folks had already having attained the status of a Divine Being…

In short, I doubt that many of you would have incarnated on earth except that you wanted to be here now. During this so-historic time of the transition into the Age of Awakening.

You knew there would be great turmoil, anxiety, confusion, spiritual anguish. Yet you chose to be here. You wanted to help as much as possible.

And so you came.

Of course, given your stature as a soul, you didn’t have to work out some meant-to-be karma.

Plus, you came with more talents than any human being could ever use in one lifetime.

So how did you incarnate? You agreed to have some “whatever” kind of a “career” at any given time, but this so-called career wouldn’t matter terribly much to you. That way you would be free to drop it and help however you felt spiritually that there was a need.

And then you’d step into that job. What you would do would be brilliant. Would other people notice? Probably not. But with your level of soul evolution, that wouldn’t stop you. And you’d still do an amazing job.

Afterwards you’d be back to “whatever,” awaiting your next assignment.

Would other people notice? Would you be praised in public? Would you star in a so-called “Reality” show?

No, you would do something far more important. Unheralded, like most people who serve God as the purest devotees, you would have an outwardly quiet life. Pretty uneventful by earth standards.

Maybe not that big a deal, while on earth. Because the the spiritual glory of a human life seldom shows, except to those who care enough to pay attention.

Christine says:

So how exactly does one know they are an old soul? Because they’re here reading this blog?

Whether you’re an old soul or not need not be any of your business, CHRISTINE.

I’d discourage that line of inquiry.

Isabella C. says:

Thanks for a wonderful blog post, Rose. Thanks to Julie.

Dear Rose,

It’s been such an honor to help you over the years, and it’s been the single most obvious bolt of joy to my existence.

Thanks for this amazing post!

Julie says:

To clarify my comment about sadness, I was really speaking of life without soul thrill.

Or life without soul thrill as I now know it.
    It has grown in momentum over time.

Julie says:

In that earlier chapter, it was a feeling of “Waiting for my life to start”. But part of that was not being familiar with what brings happiness, and how to choose it.

Julie says:

I do relate strongly to so much in this post. Having a life contract with a lot of freedom has its pluses and minuses.

Admittedly, I was maybe more aware of the minuses.

Julie says:

I could do pretty much whatever. No strong calling. Just being available to help as needed.

Julie says:

Definitely I am an “on call” worker. More so now than ever!

Julie says:

I love this part “Because the the spiritual glory of a human life seldom shows, except to those who care enough to pay attention.”

And this part also:

“One of the mysterious laws of this topsy-turvy Earth School, where so many things that seem way important aren’t and so much that goes unheralded really, really matters…”

Isabelle says:

This brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful. Danke…

Valerie says:

This was so beautiful Rose, and so touching.

Jennifer says:

What a great post!

I would like to add some comments to points two and three – like Rose’s earlier blog posts said, everything has a price.

Jennifer says:

Not having (or not knowing you have) a set life purpose is scary and sometimes disheartening.

But speaking from experience, having a specific purpose has a heavy price. Like Mozart. ?

Jennifer says:

So trust me when I say, even when it doesn’t necessarily feel good, having a life contract that doesn’t specify anything is not the worst thing to have.

And this community is amazing, not least because it’s made up of a lot of “volunteers,” who don’t have something else to take up their attention.

I really love this post Rose, first because it features my sister and second because so much that you say resonates with me.

I can definitely relate to being an “on call emergency worker” and I love the quotes you pointed out Julie.

I’m 46 and it is only this year that I found a job that feels like a calling. As important as it is to me, I know that it is only a part of what I do on earth.

Before sessions with you Rose (which came about because Julie gifted me one so many years ago!) I did not know about auric modeling.

Because so many of the important things about me were invisible prior to you pointing them out, it was very hard for me to value myself. Especially when other people seemed to value me so little.

I’m so grateful to you and RES and Julie and this blog community.

And, to clarify, not just because you pointed those things out. Through RES I learned to tune into those invisible (and previously ignored) parts of myself.

Not just my brain but heart spirit, soul, body and mind…

Oh, KYLIE. Awe.

Kira says:

I love this post!

Kira says:

Julie, about your comment 6:

I had mentioned in the May newsletter post (the one from where your comment that prompted this post came) that I didn’t have a lot of angst over “why don’t I know my purpose”.

I had a sense that figuring it out (or creating it) was my job. But I shared that feeling of “waiting for my life to start”. Partly due to feeling like I had no practical skills for living, which was one of the factors in my depression.

Kira says:

I had good ideas of what activities might bring me happiness, but very little idea of how to manage the basics of having a job and doing the practical-but-not-so-fun things required to keep myself alive and healthy.

Kira says:

I also relate to being an on-call worker, in a sense; I don’t so much think of it as a calling, but more a fundamental part of myself.

I aim to inspire.

I don’t necessarily know whom I’ll inspire or how and I may never find out, and that’s okay. I’ve had enough people mention some way in which I inspired them that I feel like I’m doing what I’m supposed to.

sandra says:

Thank you for this moving post, Rose.

Also thanks to Julie and others like her who quietly and unobtrusively offer their help.

Brandi says:

This post is balm for my soul.

I have no direction these days and that’s ok. I don’t love my job, I don’t love where I live, I am single, and yet I have more peace/calm inside than ever:)

It is a strange feeling. Through RES Thrill your Soul Research I am discovering options for change but I know to be patient with objective reality.

BRANDI, congratulations.

You’re probably growing faster than you know.

For instance, for some people it would be a huge step of personal growth to be single and not hook up with the first available replacement for “The last one.” 😉

Brandi says:

Oh thanks Rose:) That is a good re frame on being single right now.

Julie says:

Thanks, Kylie. I am so lucky to have a sister that I have so much in common with. There are differences in small ways, as there would be, but in the bigger picture the alignment is there. How great is that?!

I know we both have such zeal to have come here at this time and place, and able to help each other in the huge transformations from where we both began.

Julie says:

That’s interesting, Kira. I did have a lot of angst over “Why don’t I know my purpose”, but only when I wasn’t living with soul thrill.

I had a time of deep spiritual inquiry, which I’m sure served its purpose, but also gave rise to my soul calling out for more attention.

Julie says:

Doing the practical-but-not-so-fun things required to keep myself alive and healthy – now that is an ongoing responsibility for me. That and paying attention to objective reality.

Julie says:

#25: That’s true. We may never know most of the impact we have on others. But there are hints of it here and there, and sometimes a wealth of gratitude comes through during which we can say “Ahhhh….”

Julie says:

Thanks, Sandra. Thanks, Rose.

And thanks, everybody.

Lilian says:

Fallow time is healing.

But this post prob doesn’t relate to me. :-p I just like creating directions for myself rather than waiting for them to come to me. Otherwise I’ll just go nutty/(ier) with all the energy I have!

Lilian says:

But thanks for sharing about your support network. It makes me feel that RES is in safe hands.

jane :) says:

A heartwarming read …x

Dana20 says:

Wow, Rose, this was so beautiful and powerful! Thank you!

I want to write a lot to show my appreciation, but I feel like everything in this post has been steeping into me since I read it yesterday and that I’ll be remembering the truths at the just-right moments.

Dana20 says:

Like today when I got home from work, I got out of my car with my pile of papers from work to look at and thought, “If only I had a big job.”

And then I was able to chuckle because I remembered this post and that I probably didn’t incarnate to have a big showy job.

David B says:

Wonderful post, Rose.

Very gradually, it’s become apparent to me that why I’m here has little to do with societal roles.

Work has been there to support but also in itself as a learning. And a cleaning up of the past. When that learning is done, things change. New chapter. 🙂

Kira says:

Julie, re comment #32: It’s a lot easier for me than it used to be. I went thru several mini-rebellions as a child (in my mind at least, if not aloud) at having to do things like eat, sleep, bathe, and use the bathroom. It always seemed so inconvenient for me to have to stop whatever I was in the middle of for those bodily functions.

Remembering that makes me laugh.

Delphine says:

Well… This has brought tears to my eyes… I could relate to so much of it.

Only recently did I started more fully cherishing those aspects of me that may seem boring or not so interesting to many others, that lead me to apparently pretty uneventful life.

Delphine says:

Instead of comparing my life to what it could be, always so much greed, always wanting more, realizing that it is actually a direct consequences of choices I make, more or less consciously, about what really matters to me. Which might not always be at the surface, at a hectic pace.

Grateful. For the life I have. For the challenges I encounter. For the silence. For this reminder.

Beautiful tribute <3

Yes, Julie, we are lucky! Although, I’m sure we planned it before birth so, it’s not really luck.

Your comment number 31 was true for me also. I had several years of angst over not having a big world-saving purpose. That concern faded away as my soul thrill grew.

Kira, I laughed when I read comment 41. Even as an adult I felt that mini-rebellion. Thanks everybody, what a great thread.

Grace W says:

I was so touched by this post, Rose.

I’d like to express gratitude for Julie’s quiet assistance, along with the others you mentioned, who helped along the way as you’ve developed RES.

We have all benefited as a result of their support.

Kira says:

In another thread, I mentioned preferring to remain a jack-of-all-trades (okay, a jill-of-all-arts) to being a master of one because I make things for specific purposes and people rather than for the particular process.

It occurred to me that that’s a form of on-call work.

Kira says:

Thanks, Kylie, glad to have amused you!

Grace W says:

I have a very dear friend who worked for years in a dental office before retiring recently.

I’m so grateful for her friendship.

I know few people who take the time to express genuine curiosity, care and interest about the lives of the people she cares about.

Grace W says:

And I know that for all those years, the patients in the dental office benefited from her good humor, care and concern.

She came to mind as someone who has played and continues to play a very important spiritual role in the lives of many.

Emily T says:

This is really lovely Rose.

I can definitely relate to feeling like I needed a purpose. I felt like I wasn’t doing enough when I was 8 even.

In the last few years (since I discovered RES!) the pressure is off.

Emily T says:

I do understand why it is so appealing to have a clear cut “this is what I want to do in life” purpose.

So much easier than the slow feedback mechanism of choosing careers. Thank God for Thrill your soul research!