Today a Blog-Buddy apologized for a stream of comments about the Brexit vote in England. That gave me a chance to clarify what I think this blog is for — ’bout time, right?
- It is an educational blog, with leading-edge discoveries about Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES).
- This blog is also a historical record of growth of consciousness: spiritual empowerment for each individual, and what it has been like for the first pioneers in the various skill sets of RES.
- Historically, were living in the early years of The Age of Awakening. Deeper Perception Made Practical began five years before The Shift. Now were here, and adjusting in our very human ways.
- How can we live productively now? I’m calling that pursuit “living THE NEW STRONG.”
Of course there is plenty of anguish so far into this age; massive confusion while we’re adjusting to the different ways that life works vibrationally; many people are stuck in either spiritual shutdown or spiritual addiction or extreme spiritual addiction.
Will we ever have stories to tell later generations! Even as it’s a strange curiosity to tell digital natives how older Baby Boomers ever survived, back in the day using manual typewriters and vinyl records.
This week I had a real shocker, wowser moment about the historic nature of my just-published how-to book for adapting well (and quickly) in this Age of Awakening.
Ready to read something wild? Let me first give you context that so you can know where I’m coming through when I share with you… quite a shocker.
Writing in a Timeless State of Receptivity
Once a mystic, always a mystic. When this writer bring through new chunks of knowledge, Blog-Buddies, the experience is of co-creation with the Divine.
During my writing time, I’m co-creating on one particular project with one particular Divine Being.
It’s habitual by now, bringing my skills plus a kind of electrical determination to be of service.
Also, in retrospect, it’s evident that I always bring innocence, an openness to whatever I will be learning.
That innocence turns out to be useful, because:
- During the first draft, with Divine Being leading in the co-creative process, my job is to keyboard away. Even while writing down the new knowledge, I’m fascinated and thrilled.
- Later I edit, on day at a time, for months and then years — bringing shape to the informational downloads of knowledge.
- Yes, this “English major” in college will get to lead in the process of co-creation called “editing.” This human person edits the language. Although still supported by the Divine Being in charge along with me, I’m steering.
- Sometimes I’m ripping the book apart, sometimes adding to the existing sequence. Eventually I finding the big shape, the true shape, the structure.
- Small-sized work is part of my human job as well. What is the most effective sequence for presenting this particular set of knowledge? With a very human fascination, I’ll do rewrite after rewrite, finding and filling holes.
- When techniques are included, I’ll also experiment, doing every single technique in the book. Personally doing it. Later, sharing it with some of my top clients and students.
- You get the idea. Writing a book like “THE NEW STRONG” involves a back-and-forth between joyous inspiration and, also, slow-paced, exacting work that is very quintessentially human.
Why, For Me, the Most Basic Names Come Last
Every writer has a process. These days, many books are “High Concept.” Which means that the author sits down with an editor or book coach or a marketing plan. A new title is designed to meet a need in the market. Most major publishing houses prefer variations on the tried and truly profitable; most authors show their spark by finding a way to tweak something that’s already familiar and popular.
Writing the focuses on that big Concept. As a result, the book is pre-packaged before it is even written.
Sure could be advantageous to work that way, focused on making money, with each book like a machine that is built for promotion.
But that’s not how I have ever approached writing a book — although some of my books have actually sold strongly and made good money.
Sometimes the topic of a new book will be (pardon my saying) utterly new on the planet. That happened with “Empowered by Empathy.” Well, I felt the same quality of uncanny wonderment when I first-drafted “THE NEW STRONG.”
In hindsight, it’s pretty funny about my first book for empaths, the first in the English language. I didn’t even think to use the word “Empath” in the title. Talk about not High Concept!
Well, this new book wasn’t High Concept either. For crying out loud, I didn’t even have a name for the planetary shift that clicked into place on December 21, 2012. What was I going to call that?
About that Name, The Age of Awakening
I really, really didn’t know what to call it. For years, working on the new book, I used “The Age of Aquarius.” Although that didn’t taste to me like the name that I’d eventually be using. Too fraught with associations from the era I wrote about in this blog post: How I Came to Write THE NEW STRONG.
Drawing closer to publication, I worked and worried a lot about what to call this era in human history. I searched on everything I could think of (both search engines and at amazon.com):
- The Age of Aquarius
- The Aquarian Age
- The Age of Energy
- The Shift
- The Age of Enlightenment
Didn’t find a consensus. Maybe not surprising, since most folks still don’t think that much happened at the time, which in pop culture was called, “The end of the Mayan calendar.”
I did find a couple of fabulous books by futurist David Houle, who writes about technology, economy, and other macro-type aspects of this amazing, transitional time on earth.
Otherwise? Not really.
How I Found “The Age of Awakening”
Duh! Don’t I teach a technique called “Questioning?”
So I sat down and co-created with the same Divine Being who wrote the book with me.
“The Age of Awakening.” Bam! There it was.
Seemed like a good name to me. Of course, I needed to do my due diligence about this.
So back in February or March, I researched at Amazon and on Google.
“The Age of Awakening”? Less than one full screen. Fiction only.
Okay, that was fine. What I wanted was either to find that loads of people had been using this term… or that other people hadn’t done much with it at all. Certainly I wanted to avoid copying a name for this age that somenonfiction writer in New Age or the paranormal… had used in a way that would be very different from the RES perspective.
Do you realize how unusual it is to type just about anything into Google and get nearly NO HITS?
So, Finally, Here Comes the Shocker I Promised You
This week, preparing another blog post on “THE NEW STRONG” (one I have yet to release), I googled “The Age of Awakening.” Ha!
Just to keep up, and keep this article current, I’ll do it again:
Granted, hits can be a hit-or-miss-mess of responses. Still, isn’t that something?
Let’s keep moving collective consciousness forward, Blog-Buddies. Because this blog brings information and learning and, also, an unfolding history as human beings learn what it can mean to live in The Age of Awakening.
Actively being a part of the Zeitgeist? It’s fun.