What Does Ayahuasca Do for Spiritual Development? Welcome to a New Kind of Group Contest.

Curious about ayahuasca? Could this pop you into Enlightenment?

Curious about ayahuasca? Could this pop you into Enlightenment?

Lately many of you Blog-Buddies have been writing here about ayahuasca, a wonder-drug of choice these days for spiritual seekers.

Because you know about energetic literacy, many of you find this troubling. There’s a very big gap between experiences of spiritual awakening versus the stabilized state of consciousness known as “Enlightenment.”

Your concern has surfaced in comments like this one, #48, by IRENE at In The Age of Awakening, Spiritual Shutdown Can’t Quite Keep Energy Awareness Away. A Guest Post by IRENE:

“There just isn’t even an indication out there that there could be big negative spiritual consequences to drug use, which does make it difficult to make an informed choice about it.”

Let’s Collaborate on Energetic Literacy Research on Ayahuasca

If some of you do the background info, I’ll do the aura reading research. Together we can create an article that you can send to your friends who are all excited about “Having a spiritual experience on Ayahuasca.”

Besides, aren’t you curious? What does the drug do to a person’s energy field? Why is taking ayahuasca the big new spiritual fad?

How Can You Help?

Three different ways of helping occur to me. Maybe you’ll think of more.

If you’re interested in this new kind of group contest, just research a bit and share what you find in the comments box below. Every quirky bit helps!

Just a few lines or very brief paragraphs, per comment, please. You know the style of this blog is short comments.

It helps the readability, so your contribution is valued more than some long, hard-to-read chunk. To me, they’re like solid bricks made out of words. So as the blog monitor, I reserve the right to break up too-long chunks, adding nothing but spaces. 😉

Look, here’s the main reason I’m asking for assistance. It’s very busy around here, at Santa’s Workshop. I mean, at Women’s Intuition Worldwide, LLC, with the new publication of “The New Strong: Stop Fixing Yourself and Actually Accelerate Your Personal Growth.”

All this added onto my usual sessions for clients, mentoring for RES experts, etc. So…

Unless you’all help me with this topic area, I’m just not going to have the time to research ayahuasca. So whether or not I do this aura reading consumer topic will be up to you!

Background #1 about Ayahuasca

Online there have got to be stories full of the promise of ayahuasca. Please find me some.

Maybe some statistics, too. If there are newspaper articles or reports on reliable TV shows, for instance.

Send a summary — and include a link to your source in at least one of your comments.

Or simply tell your true story. What did ayahuasca do for you?

Background #2 about Ayahuasca

Photos will make it possible for me to use energetic literacy skills for this research. And won’t it bring life to our story if we have pix of some of the people whose spiritual quest now highlights ayahuasca!

Best would be paired photographs: One taken before the ayahuasca experience, one after.

The second doesn’t have to be immediately after. Days after or even weeks after… would be fine.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised that you’ll find several these ayahuasca pix online, along with stories. Go wild with your search engine.

One way to proceed might be to you search under Google, then under Blogs, then under ayahuasca.

Facebook photos may be possible, too.

If you have friends who might enjoy a before-and-after aura reading at the blog, please explain that I will describe three gifts of the soul. So there will be an uplifting component for sure. Although otherwise I can’t tell what I’ll find.

What if a person you find is interested in getting my perspective, via this free kind of aura reading? Would you email me, please?

Then I can send you a photo release to forward to that person. Let me mention in advance that under no circumstances am I becoming any ayahuasca enthusiast’s new pen pal, sending emails back and forth. Either the person is willing to have the images and reading be public. Or not.

Once I have found 2-3 such people, with photos suitable for this research, that’s it. Choices will be made by me on a first-come, first-approved basis. Then the talent scouting is over.

Background #3 about Ayahuasca

Experts. Some of you Blog-Buddies may be able to find public figures who blog about leading these tours to Peru, or local sellers of ayahuasca.

Perhaps you’ll supply links to proud ayahuasca fans who have been quoted on TV or in newspapers, with photos accompanying.

There may be some fascinating stories used to interest people in experimenting for the sake of something spiritual.

Any of this, via your comments using the boxes below, can serve as valuable background to an article that I write here at “Deeper Perception Made Practical.”

If This First Ayahuasca Research Collaboration Works, Perhaps We’ll Aim for Others, Blog-Buddies.

Curious? I am. Definitely.

What will happen when this Enlightenment Coach ,whose skills included energetic literacy… checks out the aura-level consequences of taking so-trendy ayahuasca?

David B says:

Well – I hesitate here as I don’t want to give attention to what I don’t support, but I think the results may be worth it.

David B says:

One of the threads of the Science and Nonduality conference is researching drugs for spiritual progress.

For example, this article:

Here’s a choice quote:

“Experienced subjects were selected to avoid vomiting and diarrhea inside the scanner, two effects of ayahuasca frequently observed in inexperienced subjects.”

David B says:

One of the conference sponsors is this organization, devoted to psychedelic studies.

“develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and marijuana.”

David B says:

This speaker told me he goes on regular “medicine journeys”

David B says:

I didn’t note the name of another who spoke on the subject at the conference but got an earful from me.

David B says:

One of the speakers on the Sophia panel was just completing a long term recovery from a “medicine journey” that not only was rough but caused their life to implode.

Yet they still called it “medicine”

David B says:

I’ve also met several people who never recovered from a bad trip.

AJ says:

You can count me in.

There is a specific TV show where I watched people try Ayahuasca and I can screen grab a before and after photo. I’m excited to use my full Stage 3 Energetic Literacy skills 🙂

AJ says:

I’ll grab the photos for you tomorrow. I’m curious to see how my discoveries compare with yours.

David B says:

This fellow and Stan Grof where some of the founders of Sophia University, a place dedicated to Transpersonal Psychology. (studying awakening scientifically)

However, their model is derived from mapping experiences during drug trips. Martin thinks awakening can be triggered with drugs and technology and is hoping to develop “mass consumer technologies” for same.

Are they awake? Nope.

David B says:

As may be gathered, I don’t recommend touching this with a 10 foot pole. Having flashy experiences does NOT lead to awakening and the residues of chemical experimentation can create difficult to heal distortion and traumas.

As a friend said recently, any shaman who offers it like this is a fraud.

Wow, DAVID B, about that Comment #7, among others.

You can see why I feel it is so important to bring the perspective of energetic literacy to bear on claims being made.

Every one of my students last weekend graduated from Aura Reading Level 2 with excellent skills for checking out before-and-after photos for one chakra databank after another.

Enough with the vague claims that psychedelic = spiritual, already!

Irene says:

I’ll ask my friend and see if she is interested in participating.

Irene says:

Here are some people from the Ayahuasca documentary, Vine of Soul, which I watched a few years ago. It was generally positive in how it described using this drug, however they didn’t make grandiose claims about long-term benefit.

They followed three individuals through the process before, during and after. Afterwards they spoke to one individual and his wife, and his wife was not very impressed because he regularly comes back from these ceremonies with lots of grand promises, but then doesn’t follow through in real life.

Irene says:

I don’t have before/after photos, but that particular individual’s photograph is here:

I won’t link directly to the other two as I am not sure whether their photos were before or after. From what I recall of the film, I think before, but I don’t recall exactly.

Colin, however, is described as doing this regularly, so his aura in this photograph should include that.

Irene says:

The three “curanderos” (shamans) in the documentary are here with photographs:

Guillermo Arévalo

There’s another photo of him here as well

Metsa Niwue (François)

Ronin Niwe (Dave):

Irene says:

I did watch another documentary at the time, but that particular organization had since been shut down due to the death of at least one participant and the subsequent attempt by the shaman to cover that up. So I won’t link to it here.

Irene says:

This article doesn’t have suitable photos for aura reading, but I found it particularly tragic. I have some experience with being desperate for something (anything!) that will help me feel better, and the desperate hope that in this thing, finally, I’ve found something that would help.

Ayahuasca tested as a treatment for PTSD: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/health/ayahuasca-medicine-six-things/

Irene says:

The best I could find for before after photos was this facebook album.

Based on the photo order, I believe this is a before photo:
    From left to right: Joe #1, Joe #2, Gladys 1

Irene says:

Joe #2 at the retreat center, during or after the ceremony (I think):

Gladys at the retreat center possibly after the ceremony:

Joe #1 and Gladys I’m pretty sure after, on the way home

Irene says:

There are other, possibly better, photos in the album, but I’m less certain the chronology there (mostly because Joe #2 seems to wear the same shirt on the journey to and from the retreat center…)

Cathy says:

I can honestly say this is the first I’ve heard of this. Interesting…and a little ambivalent about knowing more 🙂

I will be very interested to see what you have to say about this!

Cathy says:

Rose has asked me to clarify why I am ambivalent about knowing more about this, so let me add to my statement 🙂

First of all, a little knowledge is always good, it really helps in carrying on conversations, so I will look it up, as soon as I have a few minutes to spare today.

However, as far as being interested in it as a source of spiritual growth: nuh-uh.

Cathy says:

And here is why.

While I am certainly far from the higher stages of energetic literacy, yet, I have learned enough from Rose’s books, and learning Empath skills the last couple of years, that this looks like a big mess of frozen blocks of stuff happening in auras.

Cathy says:

And most likely spiritual addiction, and dealing with astral debris as well.

We’ll see what Rose comes up with in her final analysis, though 😉

I could be wrong.

Oh, Dear Lord!

CATHY, I’m quite sure that the much vaunted, hyped-up substance ayahuasca does dreadful things to a person’s aura.

But which things?

Mind you, I’m going to do fair research, using my energetic literacy skills.

Perhaps the resulting post — and maybe additional guest posts from some of you Blog-Buddies — will become useful resources for showing folks who are swept up in the craze. Clarity! There’s a powerful clarity in being able to read the reality of energy, accurately, and in detail!

Just in case you’re wondering which chakra databanks would be good to research for this project, I’d recommend these:

Root Chakra Databank for Connection to Objective Reality

Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Personal Power

Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Power Integrity

Heart Chakra Databank for Emotional Growth

Third Eye Chakra Databank for Spiritual Growth

Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Astral Beings

Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Spiritual Source

Sam says:

CATHY, I’m doing some research too and am going to submit it to Rose as a guest post.

I have Stage 3 Energetic Literacy, but I’m assuming nothing about what it does to a person’s aura until after I’ve researched the BEFORE and AFTER pictures 🙂

Cathy says:

AJ, what fun! I look forward to reading your results 🙂

EmilyH says:

I have read a few of your articles about drug use and the impact on auras. I wondered about someone I know who has talked about a DMT psychedelic experience.

EmilyH says:

I looked up and found that DMT is the trippy part of ayahuasca according to this article.
    Maybe this is worth a read to someone?
    When I have some more time I am going to read more.

Sam says:

Wow. I just finished the BEFORE and AFTER photos of someone and I will tell you this … I will never ever use Ayahuasca!

Kira says:

Rose, I don’t have any research for this, but I’m looking forward to seeing the results.

Kira says:

Cathy, I’m with you in having no interest in taking it! 🙂

I used to joke that I don’t need drugs or alcohol because I get high on life. (I *like* alcohol, for the flavors—at least of the things I like!—but I don’t *need* it.)

Kira says:

SAM, looking forward to your results too!

Brandi says:

I am also looking forward to Sam’s results and what this research will expose.

Lisa Ling did a story on why people are flocking to the Amazon that I’ve attached that link. It includes the fact there is celebrity endorsement (Lindsay Lohan called her ayahuasca experience “eye-opening” and “intense.”) there is slick endorsement of the benefits (healing PTSD) but there are is also death.

David B says:

A friend of mine suggested I post this fellow, Gabor Mate.

An MD, he evidently has used it therapeutically for help with addiction, etc. In this article, he talks about some of the benefits but also the hazards.

David B says:

Pretty interesting comment in the CNN article, Brandi. That traditionally it was just the shamans who took the drug in order to help with healing others.

Irene says:

Dr Mate was also involved with the documentary Vine of Soul.

Brandi says:

David-What surprised me from that article and other research I’ve read is how the demand has significantly increased tourism to Peru.

Now people have to be a smart consumer as it is so mainstream.

Brandi says:

A friend of a friend has gone several times Peru and she recently returned from Africa from a similar ceremony which they claim was way better than Peru.

I am wondering what this is all the start of.

Brandi says:

Are we so desperate to fix ourselves? Are we so lost?

Or maybe it is for the bragging rights like 420 culture.

Brandi
    Yeah – I get spiritual tourism. But taking taking drugs in a foreign country that are likely to make you violently ill and are well known to cause serious problems (even aside from the energy issues yet to be described)…

But then, there are places like Thailand and Spain that now have a serious issue with young people coming from other places to get plastered there and act out. Perhaps this builds on that.

Okay, here’s our first blog post inspired by you Blog-Buddies.

I didn’t know what it would be like to explore a shaman who specializes in drug tourism and Ayahuasca. But I sure did find out.

Ayahuasca Alert. How ?Guillermo Arévalo’s Aura Is Almost Unbelievably Ugly”