Regular Transcendental Meditation vs. 20 Daily Minutes of Technique Time, Tops

You can find a clickable, readable back cover of The New Strong at my website or Amazon.com

You can find the full, clickable, readable back cover of “THE NEW STRONG” at my website, along with many free goodies

Blog newbie CARL SMUDA has recently shared some lusciously thoughtful comments over at My Milestone with The New Strong. A Guest Post by BERNADETTE. In a pretty general way, I have thanked him in some comments there. But some of what he wrote deserves a more detailed response, because he has probably spoken for many.

To respond properly, I’ll quote some of Carl’s sentences below, not necessarily in the order originally presented but always italicized and otherwise not altered [except for one minor grammatical correction from this writer].

So here goes.

Some of You Really Get Why I Wrote “THE NEW STRONG”

Thank you. 🙂

Yesterday CARL wrote, “I’ve been totally thankful to the great invisible for the incredible perfect timing of this book in my Life. It’s a bell that no one [can unring] in my life.”You and me both, CARL.

The Great Invisible — what a sweetly comfortable and affectionate term for God!

For me, too, discoveries in “THE NEW STRONG” have chimed in a distinctive way, bringing alignment and even putting my life back in tune.

Without knowledge like this, seems to me, life has been discordant and confused in many ways ever since the start of The Age of Awakening on December 21, 2012.

Yet once a person gets the memo (okay, a memo that is more than 200 pages long, in my particular version of it), there’s a combo of bell chiming + a calming wake up feeling all over over + plus some headslapper moments of “Duh! Of course. I knew that in bits pieces but it was all compartmentalized and now it fits together much better.”

About the 20 Minutes Part

Given that the book aims to help people adapt well to this Age of Awakening, included is a Program for Easy Vibrational Balance. This includes a commitment to 20 daily minutes of Technique Time, Tops.

• Yes, you can read some things about this in “The Empowered Empath: Owning, Embracing and Managing Your Special Gifts.”
  • And you can read bits and pieces here at this blog, such as this Hot Topics Post about Technique Time.
  • But “THE NEW STRONG” explains it more systematically, and places it in contexts like support of nature and “Rules & Tools for Thriving in the Age of Awakening.”

Quite a Change to Old Consciousness Lifestyle and Daily Routine!

New Strong is extremely important to me. Your teachings on spiritual addiction have set me free.

20 minutes tops I’ve been working on. I want and need that balance but just 20?

My TM program comes and goes and has been my bedrock; but you set me free of 20+ years of spiritual addiction.

Don’t I know about that kind of challenge! So here are my thoughts as a former TM teacher and “Governor of the Age of Enlightenment” — someone whose life used to revolve around meditating and going on courses with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and running one TM center or another… for decades.

Ooh, Controversy Alert!

The TM Program Is Now the Too Much Program

“20 minutes in the a.m. and p.m.”

That’s the minimum commitment for a meditator doing Transcendental Meditation…

and also typical of the way-more-than-20/day time commitment for spiritual seekers involved in other beautiful practices for spiritual development.

What’s wrong with that? Now?

20 minutes twice a day adds up to… more than 20 minutes total.

However often (and reluctantly) one might do the math.

The Thing

As Maharishi used to say, “Here’s the thing.”

Did these meditation programs originate in The Age of Awakening?

Nope.

During those years, a psychic barrier or veil was still in place. Meditators needed plenty of time to push through that veil (however effective the practice, however un-pushy the pushing).

CARL and you and I are living NOW. All you Blog-Buddies, here’s the most basic single fact about what changed in The Age of Awakening:

Life on earth works differently vibrationally.

It just does.

No blame needed. Nor blinders. Let’s adapt already.

How can you do better than using beautiful spiritual practices, like Transcendental Meditation, for more than 20 minutes total each day?

Cut your entire Program time down to no more than 20 minutes total per day.

You’ll get better results.

If Maharishi were living now, in The Age of Awakening, he might call this a great example of, “Do less, accomplish more.”

Energetic Literacy Shows the Difference

Lest there be any doubt in your mind about all this, you might wish to schedule a session with me of Aura Reading Research.

How can I use energetic literacy skills to help you to understand what’s what, and in a very personal way?

Using one of those 15 Stages of Energetic Literacy, I can research for you different “energetic holograms” — loaded with details about what was going on with your chakra databanks like these:

• Root Chakra Databank for Connection to Objective (Human-Level) Reality

• Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Solving (Human-Level) Problems

• Throat Chakra Databank for Communicating to Gain (Human-Level) Respect

• Heart Chakra Databank for (Healthy, Human-Level) Emotional Self-Awareness

• Third Eye Chakra Databank for (Human-Level) Spiritual Integration

How Did TM or Other Spiritual Practices Affect These Parts of Your Aura

At Different Times in Your Life?

Here are examples of research we could do, no photo needed, while in session on phone or webcam or in person:

1. What were these chakra databanks like 30 years ago, when you were a regular meditator or often went on TM courses.
  2. How about 20 years ago?
  3. How about December 20, 2012?
  4. How about December 22, 2012?
  5. How about now, when you’ve been doing just 20 Daily Minutes of Technique Time, Tops?

You get the idea. And speak of ideas, here’s a very reassuring idea to remember, even if you hate the very notion of change to your spiritual routine:

You’re Living in an Amazing Era for Rapid Spiritual Evolution

CARL and other Blog-Buddies who are exploring this Program for Easy Vibrational Balance, good for you!

Applauding your courage!

I think you’ll find that losing spiritual addiction is just the teensy beginning of all that you stand to gain.

Wow. Thanks Rose. Okay.

Let’s do it.

Carl Smuda says:

Because so much good has come to my life by simply reading and using several of the techniques in your books I believe you.

it is a little scary to walk away from something that did so much good for me; but there were other muddy things that happened along the way also. (drugs and addictions and karma me thinks).

Carl Smuda says:

But what I have now from you is solid and true; and I want to boldly go the distance – I want it all.

Carl Smuda says:

To boldly (after 40 years off-n-on)turn my back on my spiritual foundation is scary.

I’m taking your advise because everything you’ve written is true.

Carl Smuda says:

“Mother of pearl and fire on the poop deck”

It’s True!

That’s the only reason I will comply.

It’s exciting Rose. My heart swoons. Sincerely.

That language of yours, I understand it. Methinks. And so I’m very touched at all that you’ve written here.

You know, Carl, if you don’t like the results of this experiment you can always go back to 20 minutes of TM in the a.m. and p.m.

Or three hours each day, going in and out of the flying hall. And then another three-hour repeat later that day.

“There’s no place like foam.” 😉

I’ve been there, you know.

But for now, why not venture a small experiment in moderation?

Kira says:

Carl, I too like your language. It’s very poetic.

Glad you’ve discovered Rose’s work!

David B says:

Hi Rose

I fully agree on moderation. At one time, I spent 5 hours a day in practice. And that was not on retreat. Not easy to hold down a 9-5 job…

There are some people doing more today. In some cases, it doesn’t seem to be an issue – though I don’t have your energetic literacy yet.

David B says:

But for some people – clearly an issue. And no one giving guidance – just a message of as much as you can.

David B says:

Myself, I don’t see an issue with 40min a day

IF the person is very involved in their life otherwise. (dying the cloth analogy/ integrating)

and IF the person has not drifted into spiritual addiction.

David B says:

But many long-term meditators don’t stay with 40min.

David B says:

Even the traditional TM courses have cut way back on rounding (cycles of meditation, yoga, etc) (Think Dear Prudence – an invitation to come out of rounding)

David B says:

The very potent retreats I help on Don’t recommend any extra practice. They suggest spending time with others.

Simply coming together concentrates presence and is very powerful. Eyes open, in the world. 🙂

Irene says:

I am not a TM meditator. I expect that TM practice would likely be more effective than my previous spiritual practices.

I did completely stop my previous spiritual practices when Rose told me I was in spiritual addiction.

(Stopping them wasn’t required, but I found that what I was doing was much less effective for me than the empath-related techniques I could be doing in that precious, limited time.)

Irene says:

My life improved dramatically, even though, generally speaking, most people around me had considered me quite functional in objective reality before (apart from physical health issues).

Irene says:

What I noticed most was that the impact of the spiritual practice in technique time increased and became more resonant, more poignant and so much sweeter.

And of course there was also much more time left in my day for doing other things which I really appreciated.

Irene says:

I am grateful for what I did before. It contributed to me becoming who I am now.

I thought I would really miss it and really feel a lack when I stopped. But that time of my life was over; those practices were no longer needed. And I have not wanted to go back.

Carl Smuda says:

Much appreciation from my towards all of your feedback everyone. Rose, Kira, David, and Irene.

This is important to me and the highest priority.

I want the balance and I am working diligently with the New Strong program now.

Carl Smuda says:

Rose, I am very much interested in continuing the experiment.

When I first was working the Power of Command book I did one of the skill exercises. I believe it was the stuck spirits one.

Holy Cow. I was clearer than I’d been in memory. All the attention deficit and distraction at work was GONE!

I couldn’t believe it.

I was freer, lighter, clearer thinking than I had been in decades! And all I did was follow instructions!

This is no less than tremendous.

Isabelle says:

Thank you for sharing these insights, Carl. And I am with Kira, I like the poetic language you use.

Irene, I can relate to this very much… I also stopped all my other spiritual practices (after Rose had told me that I was in spiritual addiction) and thought I would miss them. But this wasn’t the case.

I enjoy doing RES-Technique Time (from Rose’s books). At the moment I am not even doing 20 minutes, but less.

Carl Smuda says:

Isabelle, that’s interesting. Indeed the “20 minutes of technique daily Tops” is an awesome Liberation.

I am still very much basking in the glow of what has changed in my life, and therefore, my family.

To be with them and LISTEN with care. the fog is gone.

I am very very excited! eventually I’ll post a review on Amazon. 🙂

Hooray, CARL SMUDA. That review will be so appreciated.

You know, speaking of books, two are especially helpful for folks who are emigrating back to taking an interest in their human lives.

These are in my little series (so far) on “Enlightenment Coaching in the Age of Awakening.”

You can see all four series laid out, nice and orderly, at my Big Indie Publishing Catalog for Women’s Intuition Worldwide, LLC.

#1 in that Enlightenment Coaching series is “365 Ways to a Stronger You” as an eBook.

In paperback it’s “Let Today Be a Holiday: 365 Ways to Co-Create with God.”

Either way, this is a playground of Technique Time ideas, in the form of a daybook. Most days, just one little page.

But if you have a look here, behind the scenes at my website, you can find quite a fine supplement to the paperback. Very informal, flexible ways to start co-creating with God!

#2 in the Enlightenment Coaching series, CARL, is the one I thought of especially for you: “Magnetize Money with Energetic Literacy: 10 Secrets for Success and Prosperity in the Third Millennium.”

Some day I will re-issue it with a better title, but meanwhile just think of it as a how-to book for re-engaging with your human life as though it mattered.

Very practical info in there. Again, a peek at its dedicated book page at my website can give you a pretty lavish free preview.

It won’t count as Technique Time to take a look. 😉

David B says:

Question, Rose.

I notice you’ve put The New Strong as #4 in the series. I know it’s the sequence of publishing, but isn’t it more of a primer that should be read early on? Do you see it as more advanced than Cutting Cords?

You’re right, DAVID, and I’ve been planning on re-ordering books in the series on Energy HEALING Skills in the Age of Awakening.

However, I cannot do everything now. Or yesterday.

You regular blog readers read a preview here today!

David B says:

Ah, wouldn’t that be fun if we could do things yesterday too?

But boy would time get confusing. 🙂

Isabella Cates says:

Haha David. 🙂

Carl Smuda says:

Rose, Power of Command for Spiritual Cleansing was reviewed by David.

This was different so I bought it.

When it hit on spiritual addiction that was a screeching halt.

Carl Smuda says:

Then I read Magnetize Money and it was sinking in – this new paradigm.

I went back through specifically for the spiritual addiction.

Carl Smuda says:

Something huge happened working the skills in Power of Command book.

Real and permanent.

I couldn’t believe it. no brain fog no “ADHDA” at work.

I didn’t know what to do with myself.

Carl Smuda says:

I have the “everyday a holiday” and was working it.

From March through June we’ve had life-changing Clobber in the ‘where do we live’ dept.

I was forced to get real, no time for my addiction.

Carl Smuda says:

Then your New Strong was this godspeed god send.

I’m going to have to do a lot of journaling to sort it out.

I’ve not done a lot of that in decades. you know, married with children?

Carl Smuda says:

Shallow Up IS my life saving motto.

Only two loved ones have gotten an explanation.

Most of my woo-woo is private.

Carl Smuda says:

New Power of Face Reading is on its way. 🙂 sorry to sound like Sméagol but in all seriousness Rose, your books are precious to me.

I’m studying the New Strong daily and I’m carrying around Read People Deeper because I want to learn to read.

How I’m to do this on 20 minutes daily Tops is beyond me. 🙂 Just saying.

Emily T says:

Carl, that phrase is so great! Like Kylie I’ve heard some bells that can’t be unrung!

In fact trying to pretend I hadn’t heard them and trying to go back to the way life was before was just impossible.

Emily T says:

I particularly remember sessions where Rose read the impact of love relationships I had been in.

Neither were good for me at all. And the time between hearing it and then acting on it and ending those relationships was excruciating.

Irene says:

Carl, It’s so great to hear your enthusiasm. I get very gushy about how great Rose’s work is too 🙂

Irene says:

One thing that jumped out at me in #35, when you say “I’m going to have to do a lot of journaling to sort it out.”

I’d like to share my cautionary tale. For me, journaling to try to figure things out is exactly how I go down the rabbit hole of psychological overwork (which has very similar effects to spiritual addiction).

Irene says:

This catches me up often as it is a very deeply ingrained habit for me. In fact, I just got reminded about it once again today!

Might I suggest what I’m reminding myself of today? Just do the best you can to live your life. Pay attention to what is immediately and practically impactful to your life.

Irene says:

You *don’t* have to understand how all the pieces fit together in order to do the best you can. And the best you can do really is all that’s required.

I need this reminder for myself often 🙂

Carl Smuda says:

Emily, I’ve been hopping all around the blog reading things of interest. You’re lucky to have gone to live sessions. I don’t see that anytime soon, but who knows?

Kira says:

David, re comment #29:

That fact has been used comedically. For instance, in Red Dwarf:
    Lister: We don’t exist here anymore!
    Kryten: Actually sir, we don’t ever have existed here anymore, but this is hardly the time to be conjugating temporal verbs in the past impossible never tense!

There’s an entry at TVTropes.org called “Time Travel Tense Trouble” about this specific problem. I also like the Bill & Ted problem where they have to remember to actually *do* the thing they thought of doing that suddenly takes effect when they need it.

Kira says:

Carl, I’m with Irene’s comment #40. Your enthusiasm is great to see.

Emily T says:

Carl, these were phone sessions.

Rose visited London in 2012 and I had two sessions back then in person, but since then it’s been (many) phone sessions until I made it a priority to attend the New Strong Workshop this month. Four years later!

Emily T says:

I was lucky that I was already familiar with her work at that point, but it was more about prioritising it for myself and deciding that was what I was going to spend my money on. 🙂

Carl Smuda says:

Irene, in your post #41 I see what you’re saying.

I felt it. I used a lot of journaling in 12-step work I did in the late 80s and early 90s. And then it certainly got into overwork and spiritual addition.

It got so awful, just all this drool in writing. so I did switch to just logging occasionally what actually was happening in the real world and what my actual thoughts and plans were ABOUT the real world.

I am not going to do a lot of journaling on this.