For THE NEW STRONG, Less Technique Time. A Guest Post by IRENE

How a timer can help make your life more delightful

Why measure Technique Time to gain THE NEW STRONG?

Limiting Daily Technique Time to 20 Minutes, Tops — How counter-culture is that? And yet I do recommend it if you’re interested in today’s new consciousness lifestyle, THE NEW STRONG.

Three people I know personally, each in an exquisite state of Simplicity Enlightenment, have no trouble whatsoever with doing more than 20 minutes of Technique Time. As for the rest of us? Hundreds of my clients have tried this experiment, and it has not worked well. (Even before I published a how-to book this June about gaining THE NEW STRONG.)

Facilitating sessions, reading people’s auras, hearing their stories, oh yes. I know plenty of folks aiming for Householder Enlightenment who have experimented with more than 20, just a bit more… and wound up in pretty bad spiritual addiction. Instead of moving forward faster on that path to Enlightenment, they’re sloooooooooowed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.

So ironic! Yet true!!!

Limiting Technique Time Helps with THE NEW STRONG

Look, Blog-Buddies. What you do with your life and your consciousness will always be up to you! Still, I’m here to give advice that can help you to make wise choices. So far, here’s what I’ve provided:

• Maybe you’ve read reasons for limiting Technique Time, plus practical how-to’s, inTHE NEW STRONG.”
  • Or maybe you’ve read a different set of ideas, also true and based on my work with clients worldwide, inThe Empowered Empath: Owning, Embracing and Managing Your Special Gifts.”
  • Some supplementary help is also available here, at this blog. For instance, if you type “Technique Time” into our search box. Wow, wotta fiesta!

But couldn’t there be more help for you Technique Time skeptics? Enter Blog-Buddy IRENE, sparkling with THE NEW STRONG and ready to share with us the results of…

a little unintentional experiment…

she has done recently with Technique Time. May it inspire you!

Overdoing Technique Time, Oops

When I learned aura reading from Rose a few months ago, even before I knew about THE NEW STRONG, it was tempting to overdo Technique Time by a few minutes. What I’d just learned how to do was so interesting that I fudged the counting a little and ended up going over my 20-minute limit for several days in a row.

What did I notice?

• I was more lethargic – there was less physical and mental energy to say and do things in my life.
  • I felt more tired – like I wanted to snooze instead of do things.
  • Time seemed to go by faster – I’d notice ‘oh, the day is over already, why didn’t I get anything done?’
  • I was more easily over-stimulated – I felt like a cat with its fur being ruffled the wrong direction.

Maybe that Extra Technique Time Wasn’t Such a Bonus After All

I felt muddy. Things lacked clarity. Mental connections didn’t quite mesh. And somewhat inexplicable and odd problems popped up in objective reality, making life more difficult.

[What Blog Host Rose calls “Lack of support of nature,” as explained in “THE NEW STRONG.”]

Important priorities didn’t get done.

One example is writing comments here. Much as I kept trying to put words together, I kept giving up in incoherence and frustration.

When Even My Mind Doesn’t Work Right, Something Is Wrong!

That increase in Technique Time also dramatically slowed down understanding as I tried to learn new things.

I spent a lot more time in that confusing space where I had all these different concepts buzzing around, wondering how they fit together. I’d try to figure it out rather than really getting it.

And no matter how hard I tried, the puzzle pieces wouldn’t quite fit.

Plus, instead of writing out the new concept and ending up with new understanding of how it worked at the end, the writing tended to quickly devolve into journal-style inner explorations that were subconscious level. (This meant I was doing even more Technique Time.)

The Tradeoff for Me Was…

Information Versus Bliss

Regarding the Technique Time itself, I enjoyed the knowledge I gained in that extra minute or two, but the gleeful delight of spending time in delicious spiritual technique was lacking. It was more functional exercise rather than joy to be in Technique Time.

Information yes, but less bliss. Not a desirable trade-off.

I noticed after not too long, fortunately, and became very firm with my timer.

It was wonderful.

After a few days, I felt human again.

I had clear insights into concepts that had baffled me before; I moved forward in my life, got my priorities accomplished, and enjoyed every moment so much more.

So I Got It, Really Got It

Just a minute or two overdoing Technique Time is a very (negatively) impactful thing!

Not only did I feel human again, after getting back to that more balanced routine of inner activity and human integration…

I started to see the Divine more in the everyday things of life.

• Like flashes of grace where things became easy and smooth.
  • Moments of exquisite beauty in nature.
  • And the evidence of that person being a beautiful soul (even if they were being difficult at the time on the surface).

For me, limiting Technique Time to 20 minutes a day is the best possible choice I could make. Not only does it distill that time into a concentrated joy; the balance expands and improves my functioning and enjoyment in the rest of my life as well.

Kira says:

Very nicely described, Irene!

Leo says:

What a well written Blogpost, Irene!

Great blogpost Irene! I am definitely tempted to not strictly add up the technique time. This is a good reminder.

Sarah says:

Lovely, Irene!

I can relate to much of what you’ve said here… Though I hadn’t made the same connections you had, and now it makes a lot of sense to me.

Carl Smuda says:

Irene, thank you for that letter. I read it immediately.

And I thought about it. I have many questions.

But I’m working to get answers myself first.

Carl Smuda says:

Support of Nature IS the biggest real thing. We all know what that looks like, those of us watching.

I am going to do a little experiment. I am going to follow the instructions in “The New Strong.” And I’m going to be watching.

Carl Smuda says:

I’ll be looking for something like this:

“I didn’t try to see this, but it was just there, like catching a glimpse of someone in my peripheral vision. I’d smile with delight and then go back to whatever I was doing.”

Thanks Irene ?

Sarah says:

In the last couple of weeks, especially since taking The New Strong workshop, I have been very heavily invested in taking human-level action to prepare for my new job (on the train home from my first day right now!).

Cleaning, cooking, and culling commitments which no longer serve me (quitting some online classes and lame hobbies).

Last night, I finally made time to sit down and really have some good Technique Time. And it was pure delight! Like you said: instead of being a drudgery of seeking information, it was pure joy.

Sarah says:

I did just a few minutes of Questioning (I was too tired to do the aura reading I had wanted to do… After such a long day of chores!)

And what a blessing that was: One of the insights which came to me in the Technique was that, for me, for right now, this was a PERFECT daily practice. Just a little sip. Not to overdo it with lots and lots of aura reading–which I was tempted to do!

Yes, I do want to build up those aura reading skills. I do, I do, I do! But like with any exercise, you don’t get stronger by over-exerting yourself.

Irene says:

Kira, Leo, Kylie, Sarah, Carl, thank you for your comments 🙂

I was very surprised that just one minute made such a difference. I mean, this was entirely accidental, done by just trying to squeeze every last second out of my twenty minutes… when it needs to be twenty minutes *or less*.

Irene says:

Now I’ve got a good idea of approximately how long I need for each research item, so I have that number I can do and that’s it! So I relax into doing each one at an effortless, easy, fun pace, and it all works so much better.

And my life’s more fun too!

Irene says:

Sarah, what a great way of putting it in #9:

“But like with any exercise, you don’t get stronger by over-exerting yourself.”

Exactly! Even if I have many things I want to research and even if I want to improve my aura reading skills, I have to go at the appropriate pace. Overdoing does not make it work better.

Amanda says:

Irene, what a wonderful description, and so readily recognisable.

I shall tighten up on timing. I’m learning something new at the moment and want to keep pushing on with it but too much is definitely counterproductive. This is a good reminder.

Thank you very much! 🙂

Amanda

Amanda says:

I am also keeping Tim Urban’s TED talk in mind and thinking ‘Dark playground’ every now and then!

A perfect pick for the New Strong, that video.

🙂

Amanda

Christine says:

Does reading a blog like yours or David’s count as Technique time?

CHRISTINE, thanks for asking. Reading my blog does not usually count as Technique Time. Any techniques are clearly labeled as such.

Beyond that, I’ve given the best guidelines I can for a general audience in “THE NEW STRONG.” You’ll find loads of info there about what is “Technique Time.”

I would invite you to research in that way. Otherwise, if you have questions about what you do, and which blogs you go to, and what they have on them, and how you read them, have mercy!

That would not be an appropriate question for my blog. That would be for a personal session with me or another RES expert. 🙂

Carl Smuda says:

Thank you Christine for asking and thank you Rose for answering. That is a question paramount right now. But I’ve resisted asking a bunch of hair-splitting questions because I knew I was going to be look real close at that section of “The New Strong” book. but now I can’t resist asking:

Me working to learn “Read People Deeper” must be confined to technique time? oops there see? I had to ask.

Well yes, CARL.

And thank you for confining your questions to me to things that I write, not other people’s massive (wonderful) blogs! 😉

BTW, guess what else is Technique Time? Observing yourself, however cutely or subtly. Off and on, all day long!

As you proposed doing in Comment #7. Maybe you’d be better off not to “be looking for something like” what IRENE described as something that happened that she was NOT looking for but only noticed in retrospect.

CARL, you know the meaning of the word “Innocence,” right? If it helps, trust that God is with you right now. Take it easy, you kindred spirit.

Carl Smuda says:

I follow 🙂 I’m in recovery – that is precious to me. I was studying chapters 23 & 24 in The New Strong just this morning with particular interest on the dividing line between technique time and human time.