Your Thoughts Are Just Thoughts. Not Things. Good to Know in The Age of Awakening.

A truck is a thing, a material object. A thought? That is not a thing.

A truck is a thing, a material object. A thought? That is not a thing.

In the Age of Awakening, it’s especially important to understand this about your thoughts: Your thoughts are just thoughts. Not things.

Our thoughts are prayers.” This concept isn’t just from New Age churches, like Unity. In the years leading up to The Age of Awakening, many belief systems made quite a racket by proclaiming beliefs like this.

Have you ever worked with Abraham-Hicks or “The Secret”? To that extent, you tied your worldly aspirations to the belief that your thoughts are like things. Powerful things.

Supposedly the power of your thoughts alone… forms the basis for manifesting success.

Honestly, have you ever sung those words as a hymn in a Unity church? Our thoughts are prayers.” Back in the day, I sung it often.

Golly, I was such a true believer. In my memory, that hymn went, “Our thoughts are things.”

One sings that hymn in the aspirational way of singing whenever you’re in the congregation at service in your church or synagogue or temple or mosque. Unless your heart is made of stone (or you’re forced to attend the service against your will), whose heart doesn’t sing?

Our thoughts are prayers, the tools that we create with.

Many a blog post could be written over ideas that I used to sing or speak with reverence, loving the church to which I belonged at the time.

Sacred words made me feel purer or wiser or more connected to God, or living in fellowship with the like-minded. Words that were helpful at my level of consciousness, back in the day. Words that now make me cringe.

Are Your Thoughts Things? Are They Really?

No. Physical objects are things, like baseballs and sunflower seeds and little green apples and huge trucks hurtling past you on the highway.

Thoughts are, metaphorically, inside a thing. That big roundish thing atop your shoulders. Your head! Now that’s a thing.

It’s Called “Objective Reality” Because It Contains Objects

Objective Reality is life at the level of human vibrational frequencies. Objective reality includes:

Objects that would show in a YouTube Video.

• Plus what people say and do.
  • For example, words and other sounds that would record on a YouTube. 😉
  • Facts written down, like baseball scores.
  • Or informal facts you can gather. For instance, while I watch bits of baseball on TV, I keep my own stats. How many times do I see players spit or scratch themselves. Yes, I do find that kind of statistic hilarious. Plus, it happens so much more often than home run hits.

By contrast, what is subjective reality?

Whatever interests you, by way of belief and feelings and interpretation — that is called “Subjective Reality.”

Including a belief that “Our thoughts are things.”

From a Vibrational Perspective, Subjective Reality Is Tricky

Tricky, why? Because objective reality exists only at human vibrational frequencies. Whereas subjective experience can occur at any of these three levels:

• Human vibrational frequencies. Earth School’s specialty!
  • Astral vibrational frequencies. Corresponding to your subconscious mind, plus the home of spirits like Abraham (of Abraham-Hicks fame).
  • The Divine vibrational frequency. Corresponding to your Higher Self. The Divine Vibrational Frequency is “perfection everywhere now.” And this is the frequency of God plus ascended masters like Jesus and Buddha, plus the frequency of Archangels and higher-vibrational angels, such as Archangel Raphael.

Your head is a thing. Human vibrational frequencies!

Not your thoughts, your prayers, your theories, your cherished beliefs, mental hiccups at an astral vibrational frequency.

Nor your most beautiful moments spent in meditation or prayer, at the Divine vibrational frequency.

So how come I just for fun googledOur thoughts are thingsand came up with 59,400,000 hits?

Because we’re living in The Age of Awakening.

By contrast, during the New Age Years (1980-12/21/12) humanity was adjusting big-time to what was in process. This was a special time of transition for earth, not a preview of how it would be for us now, living after The Shift into The Age of Awakening.

What Changed in The Age of Awakening?

When the Age of Awakening began on December 21, 2012… the psychic barrier between human and astral finally disappeared.

Gone, gone, gone.

So it is easier than ever, now, for people to slip-slide into paying attention to life at an astral level and confuse this with reality.

Nowhere is this problem more common than among Abers and others who follow Law of Attraction practices.

Money Isn’t Made Just ‘Cause You Believe Thoughts Are Things

Think I’m kidding? Check out the book I wrote on prosperity .

It contained extensive research into auras of 50 LOA teachers: 100% in spiritual addiction.

Compared to auras of 50 Christian religious teachers: Not in spiritual addiction.

Also the auras of the 50 richest Americans: Not in spiritual addiction.

Plus the auras of the 50 richest people in the world: Not in spiritual addiction, either.

Hello!

Good to Know in the Age of Awakening

People can say all they like, “Vibrations are higher now.” (Not true, according to “THE NEW STRONG.” Although hey, I just googled that now and got how many hits?  5,860,000)

Preposterous! Since the energetic shift into The Age of Awakening, thoughts are still not things.

They won’t be things so long as you are living in a human body, living on earth, and not living in spiritual addiction.

When your consciousness is positioned at human vibrational frequencies, it’s pretty easy to tell that things are things.

While thoughts are… wherever. Inside your head, maybe.

However subjectively real they may feel, your thoughts are not things.

What Explains the Popularity of “Your Thoughts Are Things” in The Age of Awakening?

Why do so many people today believe that thoughts are things?

What makes it appealing to believe that we can dreamboard desires into manifestation?

When not watching a movie, why do so many of us believe that “If you build it, they will come”?

How is it possible for a sane person to believe sincerly that life on earth could really be a “Field of Dreams“?

Believe? Ha, such an understatement! Millions of us LONG for this to be true.

Our Thoughts Are Things When We’re “Dead.”

That explains it. You see, we’ve all been there. Before this incarnation, for instance, you were a soul. You lived in a body of light. You lived in an astral world, a heaven appropriate to your level of consciousness.

Think about this:

• When you’re in an astral body with no human body attached….
  • And astral vibrational frequencies are your default, rather than human vibrational frequencies….
  • Plus, there is no human-type objective reality but only objects constructed of energy…

Then, sure, your thoughts are things.

Definitely, whenever you can imagine or feel something strongly and it will manifest instantly.

So that’s the appeal of Abraham-Hicks and The Secret. It appeals to those who are homesick.

Homesick for Heaven?

Very understandable! Well, you’ll be back there soon enough.

But for now all of us are invited to explore being human. We’re living at Earth School, where the overarching purpose of life is to evolve spiritually.

To evolve now, we do best when using The New Rules for The Age of Awakening, such as you can learn about in “THE NEW STRONG: Stop Fixing Yourself—And Actually Accelerate Your Personal Growth!”

For success in The Age of Awakening, follow today’s rules for success and personal growth. Live on earth, not with your head in some sweet astral clouds.

Wasting precious human time on Law of Attraction practices? That’s a very foolish choice.

In The Age of Awakening, we have extra incentive to stop wasting time on Law of Attraction-type practices. What happens if you keep trying to use (subjective) thought practices to earn (objective) money?

Not only are you unlikely to make much money. Sad enough!

Besides that, what is sure to happen if you believe “Our thoughts are things” and “Our prayers are things”? You’ll move into spiritual addiction, stuck in your spiritual evolution.

How ironic that would be, right? Especially when, living in The Age of Awakening, you could be living THE NEW STRONG.

Irene says:

What an Age of Awakening post! Only now would this be needed. And needed it is.

The inner subconscious world is now so easy to access, and that access is so new and different from what we’re used to (yet oddly familiar).

“Thoughts aren’t things” isn’t as obvious as it was, yet still very true.

Carl Smuda says:

You’re the best Rose! 🙂 so now you took my “thoughts are real choose the good ones.”

I was fond of that line. But clear dividing lines are a comfort to me.

Me pushing to stay invested in me Human Life is becoming a daily reminder of how messed up it is, thanks to 25 years of spiritual addiction.

Isabella Cates says:

Thank goodness my thoughts aren’t things, with some of the thoughts that pop into my brain!!

Things would get pretty silly, pretty fast.

And embarrassing. Hahaha…

Brandi says:

Oh Rose I wish I had known this when I was happily consuming books on “prosperity” thinking-as a woman thinketh….she thinketh too much.

I have had help on this with Aura Healing sessions-this wishing wishing hoping ran deep with me.

Brandi says:

I’m a work in progress what can I say.

So happy to know it can be this easy to just know my thoughts are thoughts.

What a beautiful relief.

Mel says:

Some people swear by the technique of constantly being aware of their thoughts and replacing them with positive ones, even some books on anxiety and depression recommend a daily record of negative thoughts, but that seems like it would just lead to overfunctioning databanks related to analyzing and emotional self awareness.

Mel says:

This is of course different than cognitive behavioral therapy techniques that you’re only supposed to do when you are in distress.

Perceptive, MEL. Thanks.

One surprising discovery as you start living THE NEW STRONG is how much it happens, “constantly being aware of their thoughts” one way or another.

Usually doing this causes more problems than it solves, since we’re all living in The Age of Awakening.

MEL, you’ve give a fine example of the subtitle to the how-to book: “Stop Fixing Yourself And Actually Accelerate Your Personal Growth.”

Kira says:

Nice post!

Mel, your post #7 exactly anticipated what I was thinking when I read your post #6. Some people get into a habit of thinking negative thoughts and the techniques I know of are to break that habit, not to replace all negative thoughts with positive ones.

David B says:

Great post, Rose. I had some of the same trajectory.

Your observation that guided practices so common in New Thought churches are forms of hypnosis was a great wake-up call.

[Note from Rose: You can read that observation, with loads of examples in this blog post about “Either Hypnosis OR Meditation. Know the Difference”]

David B says:

What I noticed is that people gradually became aware that they had thoughts, then stared thinking too much about thinking. It was a great new toy with none of the difficulties of objective reality.

When people then suggested you could manifest your dreams – of course that caught on.

David B says:

Confirmation Bias became really common.

People would highlight when it “worked” and ignore when it didn’t. Eventually, they got tired of the ruse if they weren’t a true believer.

David B says:

And of course, sometimes it did happen. Sometimes all it takes is putting our attention on something thats ripe and it flowers easily.

But all too often our expectations got in the way of smooth flow. We still have to plant the seeds and water the garden. 🙂

DAVID B, what a great description of this problem and how such beliefs can spiral a sweet believer away from reality!

Thank you.

An Avid Reader says:

Hi David,

I think we are subjected to various forms of hypnosis and hypnotic suggestions in many venues. I have found Rose’s work in this area very helpful as far as avoiding psychic coercion.

An Avid Reader says:

While I am no expert nor even a neophyte in this field, I do have to wonder how often Donald Trump is employing hypnotic suggestions and such.

Maybe other politicians do it, too– but it seems like Trump is relying heavily on this type of tactics.

AVID READER, I suspect you’re right about Trump. I’ll be thinking about how I can expore this theme of group hypnosis.

[Note, on reflection one day later, I’m going to pass on this. Too complicated and not necessarily helpful for you Blog-Buddies or me. Although a fine idea, Avid Reader.]

After the second convention is over, I will be doing aura reading posts on Trump, Clinton, and Kaine. (ISABELLA has already done a great job on Pence.)

Sarah says:

Avid Reader, regarding #16–that’s a very interesting idea, one which hadn’t occurred to me.

I used to have a professor who would deliberately employ this kind of haphazard hypnotic technique. He actually advocated for us to do the same, when working with clients, and explained that this was basically how NLP worked.

Sarah says:

I don’t know enough about NLP to know how true this was, but it made me curious/suspicious about that field as a result.

Now I’m interested in doing aura reads of folks who are big proponents of NLP to see if it has had some kind of long-term consequence.

Sarah says:

If it really does boil down to hypnosis without permission, that can’t be great for one’s aura, even if it’s unintentional.

Anonymous says:

Dear Rose, I understand your distinction between subjective and objective reality.

Regarding thought forms, you wrote a whole chapter on them in Use Your Power of Command where you teach that…

[Here Rose is editing out the question so that I can make a practical point about the blog.]

Claudia says:

Regarding NLP. I have looked into this field and even worked briefly for someone who was an NLP master teacher and encouraged us to ue this on patients.

It is definitely a form of hypnosis and manipulation and I would love it if some of us who are skilled in aura reading would read the auras of some of those NLP proponents.

Claudia says:

I too am fairly certain that many politicians are trained in NLP, as well as other “leaders” The more I have looked into this field, the creepier it has seemed.

Carl Smuda says:

Re: #16 Avid Reader, makes me want to go read Rose’s aura reading on Trump in her book “Magnetize Money.” He’s one of the examples of the rich and powerful in aura reading research….

[Question about one of Rose’s books has been edited out by the blog monitor.]

If I was energetic literate I suppose I could do my own research. 🙂

ANONYMOUS, about your Comment #21.

Let me share with you and the other Blog-Buddies where I must draw a line.

Lately many people have been asking me questions or commenting about information found in my books. I cannot respond to these inquiries.

Think for a moment how confusing this would be as an introduction to any part of my work, such as the huge amount of information in “Use Your Power of Command for Spiritual Cleansing and Protection.”

I totally understand that you can have questions, good questions.

However, I’ll bet you can understand that the venue for asking these questions is when you are in one of my workshops, like the “Cut Cords of Attachment Workshop, Level 1.” (Coming up August 13-14.)

Otherwise, please schedule an RES session with me and ask your questions, all you like.

No, it isn’t ideal, dear ANONYMOUS.

For a blog, open to all, I think I do a pretty generous job of sharing, teaching, and supporting.

But I can’t cross the line between discussing topics here that would weaken the teaching that I do.

It’s at my discretion, has to be. I know you will be able to understand. (Some day I may have a kind of forum that is different, but this is far in the future. When I make that happen, you’ll be invited!)

So, from now on, I will introduce this form of editing:

[A question about the contents of a Rose Rosetree book has been edited out by the blog monitor.]

Carl Smuda says:

I’m comfortable with that. Read this blog again. note to self: Keep it simple. 🙂

Rose your teachings are exciting and down to earth. I especially went back and thoughtfully re-read this blog.

Sarah says:

Claudia, regarding #22&23:

That’s very useful to know, thank you for sharing your experience! It is as I suspected, although it seems you have much more knowledge about the subject, so I’m glad to be able to learn from your experience.

In retrospect, I’m no longer surprised that I always felt so weird and sleepy and spacey after listening to this former professor of mine… And also that some people seemed to love him, despite a lack of concrete (objective reality) reasons to do so.

Carl Smuda says:

A great Rishi said this: “when we think of failure, failure will be ours. If we remain undecided nothing will change. All we need to do is want to achieve something great and then simply do it. Never think of failure for what we think will come about.”

Carl Smuda says:

I’m a recovering spiritual addict so I don’t trust my thinking. but where is the dividing line here?

Or is this a dynamic that is pre New Awakening?

As for me I’m working on where I’m positioning my consciousness all day.

CARL SMUDA:

You’re right. This was pre-Age of Awakening.

Plus, consider, was that rishi a HOUSEHOLDER like us? Or a renunciate?

Carl Smuda says:

Renunciate. Until his guru gave him the boot, right? 🙂 This topic is big to me Rose.

I sincerely Thank You for your work. You’ve changed my life so it’s certain it’s happening to many more out there. I can’t help but gush.

I’m forever grateful and now I’m picking up the pieces of with my eyes open. It’s an exciting adventure to be investing in my HUMAN life no matter what.

Emily T says:

I actually remember receiving a newsletter about 10 years entitled “Thoughts become things, choose the good ones”.

How confusing and difficult to progress in life if it were true!

Carl Smuda says:

Removing “thoughts are real choose the good ones” is like removing part of my genetic code. I needed time to get over the shock and study and think about what Rose is dissecting. No one can hope to discern this without energetic literacy. It really is a new awakening. Remarkable.

CARL SMUDA, you’re doing just fine. Probably way better than you’re thinking right now.

I appreciate you.

Lilian says:

Rose, I’m glad that, in your last life on earth (as an enlightened person, finished with your incarnations…) you have discovered the joy of statistics. lol 🙂 You made me laugh.

Lilian says:

Sure you can use thoughts to plan (I love planning!), then you need to do your thoughts to make things happen. It always surprises me how different an experience “doing” is to “thinking”.

As soon as I act on my thoughts, my thoughts reassemble with the new info. Both are necessary.

Isabella Cates says:

Lilian, I know this belief about reaching Enlightenment once and then never coming back to Earth is pretty common.

(I guess it’s a Buddhist idea?)

But seriously, it’s utterly ridiculous.

Isabella Cates says:

Isabella Cates says:

And to think, that this would be my last lifetime on Earth just because I have crossed this threshold?

Then I might never want to be Enlightened.

How terrible, what a heavy price to pay.

I love this planet.

Isabella Cates says:

There is so much more ahead for Earth. So much I want to witness, experiment with, play with, be a part of.

There is SO MUCH MORE to human life than once reaching Enlightenment!!

This is a gorgeous, worthy planet, not a jail cell.

ISABELLA, I’m nodding my head at every wise word. Completely. I agree completely.

Granted, I didn’t always like living on earth. I sure love it now.

Enlightenment or not, I would gladly come back again and again, depending on my mission and my life contract here.

Oh yes, ideas of graduating forever from earth after attaining Enlightenment are so very Age of Faith.

They don’t hold up in this Age of Awakening. Including our opportunity now to move into Householder Enlightenment. Previously very seldom unattainable on earth!

Probably every religion that includes the concepts of Enlightenment and reincarnation also includes this traditional idea — not appropriate for The Age of Awakening — about hamster “Wheel of Karma” and being forced to incarnate unless we’re liberated.

Not just every religious path within Buddhism then — as varied as Christian religions, right?

But also every variety of Hinduism, the Sikhism, and Jainism. Plus many paths of New Age spirituality that have been informed by mystical traditions. Even down-to-earth Unitarian-Universalists can buy into this outmoded belief.

Brandi says:

I am just starting to gain enough awareness and appreciation to “like” living here on Earth-maybe on day ,like Rose, I will love it:)

Also Isabella-what beautiful words “This is a gorgeous and worthy planet”. I just saw Mother Earth get a big hug.

Dana K. says:

I used to study online marketing and worked for someone that sold a lot of programs online.

NLP is highly encouraged and used widely in online sales videos. Frank Kern, a well known mentor used to teach it for boosting online sales.

Despite its popularity I could never bring myself to buy a book or learn more about what it is. So I know nothing about what they were actually doing other than that it was highly encouraged To learn and use NLP.

DANA K, isn’t that fascinating? It is not unusual to find NLP practitioners, and even professional hypnotists, who do not conform to ethical standards that I hold dear.

You may be the same way.

When I teach NGH-certified hypnotism and Soul Energy Awakening Hypnosis later this year, will be so that I can help hypnotists and past-life regression practitioners to be squeaky clean about ethics.

As well as extra-effective.

Yes, this instruction WILL happen this year. I’m just finishing up some other projects that take precedence.

We’ve gotta lot of year left, right, Blog-Buddies?

Here’s to squeezing every drop of life into our lives, and also to giving back (appropriately) to others.

Kristine says:

Isabella, comments 41-43 really stood out to me.

This statement sounded so right to my ears (or to my eyes) when I read it: “There are so many people living now who are highly, highly evolved and have surely had previous lifetimes where they were living in Enlightenment.”

Kristine says:

For those who desire to continue growing spiritually, it frees up any ideas along the lines of:

1) doing so much (to the point of it not being practical) because this may be the last time on Earth or

2) pumping the breaks on growth because they don’t want this to be the last time.

Kristine says:

Rose, wonderful news about more being offered this year in comment 49!

I find all these specialties within RES simply amazing!

KRISTINE, thanks so much for these comments from last July.

The specialties keep on growing, a benefit of co-creating with the Divine… plus being willing to do my fair share of human work.

Are you ready for an unusual update? Nearly one year since this post first went live, I went back to Google and searched on “Our thoughts are things.”

How many hits this time? ? 4,930,000,000
    That’s right, ? 4,930,000,000. Compared to a bit less than one year ago: 59,400,000

Well, you’ve lived through that year. Lived on earth. Lived as human, just like me.

So why do you think that the number of hits went from half a billion to nearly five billion? Our thoughts are things????