ONEderful Reasons to Celebrate This New Month, August 2016

At the start of this new month, let's celebrate something ONEderful.

At the start of this new month, let’s celebrate something ONEderful.

The first of each month brings a fresh start, so let’s start a new custom. On the first day of each new month, let’s celebrate something ONEderful. Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) helps you to enjoy big things and little ones, too.

Today, let’s take a few moments to celebrate this shiny, bright new month of August 2016.

Right on your doorstep. Direct delivery to your home!

How about sharing something fun, a triumph, a discovery, a new beginning or something else uplifting? For the first of a new month, something ONEderful.

For this sort of celebration, anything about your human life on earth would count.

My Great, Though Bitter, Human-Level Discovery

I’ll start by praising bitter melon. This kind of produce isn’t the best known. Will never compete with ripe mangoes… and win.

Yet this vegetable is reputed to help with blood sugar… unlike my favorite food, ice cream sundaes.

Bitter melon — a way to prepare it was taught to me by Kaori-san, a much-loved friend from Tokyo when I used to teach for VOICE seminars.

Using a spoon, you can scoop out the “Unnecessary bitterness,” as I call it now.

You can remove even more bitterness by parboiling or soaking. “Healable bitterness,” as I’m calling it now.

Then you’re left with a sturdy, bumpy, fascinating bit of flavor in the “Manageable bitterness” family.

Don’t Fear Bitterness, Not This Kind

Bitter melon combines so well with sour, salty, pungent, and umami. Add anything into your veggie pot except for sweet spices like cinnamon or cardamom. Garlic might not be a great combo, either.

Cook until tender.

There will always be days for sweet. May this new month of your life contain many sweet moments and days!

Other times, perhaps you will find a way to enjoy the restorative powers of just a bit of bitter, well seasoned.

ONEderful!

Tag, Blog-Buddies. You’re It.

Primmie says:

I want to celebrate l-reuteri. A probiotic found in breast milk that increases oxytocin.

I’ve just started giving it to my son who has ASD. The increase in his eye contact and connectedness is wonderful. I feel absolutely blessed to have found it.

Happy August!

AJ says:

I too am celebrating this day, August 1st. I’m working this month to make some wonderful changes to my life!

Isabelle says:

The onederful thing I see clearly today is to plan and do fun things (small, medium, maybe big), even if the rest of my life still isn’t ‘perfect’ (good for my standards).

I want to celebrate Italki and Skype. All week long I’ve been talking to people in China over Skype, practicing my Chinese. I’ve also been talking to new friends using Skype.

I’ve always wished I was born in some other era–but for the first time ever, I had the thought that living in this time period now is really great.

Emily T says:

I am celebrating onederful new friends, a potential new home and new soul thrill activities (Spanish and Swahili lessons)!!

Who?? says:

I am celebrating something ONEderful this month! A ONCE in a lifetime (presumably!) opportunity which may or may not become official (or… Start to become official) ONE week from today. 🙂 That’s all I’m going to say for now.

Time will tell!! And either way, I’ve got lots of great fun in store this month. My best friend from college is getting married in less than two weeks! Yippee!

Jnana says:

The heatwave is over and there has been so much rain the trees are in top form. Plus a two day week just around the corner.

Irene says:

There’s a lovely conservatory near my house with several exotic birds, plants and trees. Very enjoyable to visit and surprisingly cool on hot and sunny summer days.

Irene says:

Emily, I second your celebration of the ONEderful new friends!!

Thanks so much to all who have participated here. Including one of you from Europe, one from Asia, one from the land of Eh!, two from Merrie England and some intrepid Americans.

All of you so dear to my heart. Yeah, you!

And yes, on JNANA’S words (I think) we crossed over into 34,000 comments. 🙂

David B says:

#2 Eh!
    I was given chocolate ice cream for dessert this evening made with Buffalo’s milk. Oooo.
    (100% more fat, so extra thick and creamy)

It also turns out to be something special as the maker can’t legally sell it yet, so it required an inside connection. 🙂

And of course the company of good friends and good food.

Amanda says:

I have just had a ONEderful learning experience.

I read this post, thought ‘what a great idea’, onedered what I could post, onedered into the living room thinking about it..

and got a ‘Pinch punch first of the month no returns.’

I was not being alert enough in this household of competitive boys.

Rose, please keep this up because it will be an infallible reminder to me. Next month I shall win.

😀

Amanda

Amanda says:

There’s so much to choose from but I choose Primmie’s comment as my ONEderful event.

That really is great, Primmie. And good mothering to find it. I am so pleased!

Amanda

PRIMMIE, your ONEderful discovery really is a big deal. I second AMANDA’s enthusiasm over both the discovery and the mothering.

It has been a while since I did an aura reading here at this blog of anyone with autism. So, I’m thinking….

For any of you who might find it validating, or even uplifting, please email me a link to a photo of the one in your life with autism.

The one you’re curious about. You must, of course, feel comfortable with having my aura reading go public. (To see other articles I’ve done on autism, type “Autism” into the SEARCH box here.)

First photo to be received is the one I’ll display at the blog for an energetic literacy article.

(Please make it a photo from a straight angle, going at least down to the waist. And, of course, you must give permission for the photo to be used as part of the blog post.)

AMANDA, how does this game work exactly?

Some of us have had our teen children out of the house for a decade or more. 😉

DAVID, it just tickles me to imagine you in a sort of speakeasy…

populated by ice cream eaters with big, goofy smiles on their faces.

Oh, I could spend much of my morning commenting on every one of your discoveries, you ONEderful, fascinating people.

Instead I’ll just say THANK YOU. Yes, let’s make this a ONEce a month way to visit together here at Deeper Perception Made Sociable.

A photo has now been received of a child with Asperger’s. Thank you, Louise.

My goal is for that aura reading will be done some time during this month of August.

I’m going to leave open one additional blog post slot for aura reading a child who has a severe form of autism that makes functioning more difficult.

If any of you blog readers are interested. Email me at rose@rose-rosetree.com.

Brandi says:

#3 Eh-I had a flat tire on August 1 and some lovely people fixed it right away, on site, and they didn’t want any money. What a nice surprise.

Louise says:

Thank you very much Rose!

Jean says:

Well I have to say it… I want to celebrate everyone who commented here and all around this blog with of course much gratitude to Rose!

My day is now a cheerier one.

Thanks folks!

Primmie says:

Amanda and Rose, thank you! I am very touched. It is a wonderful thing to find something that helps my son. There was some very interesting research recently about l-reuteri and I’m delighted it helps.

Thank you everyone for such an uplifting post and thread.

Aw, JEAN! LOUISE! BRANDI!

And PRIMMIE has sent a photo of her son, who does have autism. So now I am not taking more requests for this thread but have two assignments to come.

Links will be added in comments below, if you’re interested in following up once those two blog posts go live.

Kira says:

I had two onederful things recently, although neither happened *quite* on 8/1.

1. I had a onederful weekend of fun, friends, and music at Confluence, my local science fiction conference, and I even won a costume contest!

2. This barely missed being on 8/1, but shortly after midnight, I got an invitation for my singing duo to be a guest at a music-based science fiction convention. I was so excited that I couldn’t go back to sleep when I woke up early!

Penny says:

I’ve found a great friendship website. Like a dating service, but for finding FRIENDS. It’s for New Yorkers in your 20’s and 30’s.

In order to sign up you must include one activity (which you can limit to just women if you’d like)…

I was really delighted, like within 24 hours + that people signed up to my event.

Penny says:

Plus, the site matches you up to people, depending upon your interests.

Amanda says:

Rose, perhaps it’s a British thing. It belongs in school playgrounds. On the first of the month, the person who is quickest to remember gives you a little pinch and a punch while saying ‘Pinch, punch, first of the month.’

Traditionally you would reply by saying ‘A slap and a kick for being so quick’ but this is a bit of an add-on.

Amanda says:

For some reason in our house it’s been played for years and years. I keep forgetting and keep thinking they’ll grow out of it but no.

Too often I am caught and it’s time I brought some focus to the game. This ONEerful idea can be my reminder!

Amanda

Laughing! That’s one custom I’ve never heard of before. AMANDA, thank you.

My version, I suppose, would be to give your sweetheart or (youngish) child a butterfly kiss and say something like, “May the ineffable wonder of a new month delight you!”

Might not catch on though. 😉

I wonder if any of you other Blog-Buddies have customs for the first of the month. Either traditional or just made up, like mine.”

David B says:

Just for April Fools and New Years.

Amanda’s reminded me of was “a pinch to grow an inch”.

Browsing online, I now discover it was a gardening term that migrated. Evidently, it was traditionally offered at birthdays. In my house though, it was used more liberally. (laughs)

Irene says:

Heh, this brings back bad memories for me from childhood. Not related to the first of the month though.

There was a game that whenever you saw a Volkswagen Beetle car, you’d punch (lightly) the person near you and say “Punch buggy, no returns”.

Irene says:

I find it physically very uncomfortable to be touched, particularly with any amount of force. However I had never experienced anything different, so I assumed everyone felt that much pain when someone did this game.

Irene says:

I also didn’t have the maturity or self-authority at the time to effectively communicate a request to stop, particularly as the whole point was to do it suddenly and without warning to whomever happened to be nearest because you’d noticed the car first. Not a pleasant set of memories!

Sounds like your family enjoys their game much more, Amanda 🙂

David B says:

hmmm – there was also “Monkey Tree, Pinch me” whenever we saw same. Funny how violent some of those games were.

Michael Anderson says:

Hi Rose, If it’s not too late, I’d love to share something that happened to me on the first of the month. I attribute it to the healing work that I am doing with you (sessions of Aura Healing and Transformation). Energy Spirituality impacting my ever more human life.

My mother called me on the August 1st (two days after our last session) to tell me she had talked to my birth father. She had not talked to him since she was three months pregnant with me…53 plus years ago!

Yesterday, on my Birthday he called me and we’re planning to meet at the end of the month!

Sarah says:

Ooh, Punch Buggy! I learned that one when I was young, and I loved VW bugs, so I always thought it was fun.

I didn’t like punching or being punched though. I think I told myself that it was a reference to fruit punch. Like an ice cream truck, only this is a punch buggy! 🙂

I definitely prefer sweets to play-violence 😛

How lovely, MICHAEL! How sweet!

That’s the fun of our new ONEDERFUL theme. All you Blog-Buddies are free to contribute every day of the month, and then with a fresh month we’ll have a whole new opportunity.

The theme of pinching and prodding may not recur every month, of course. Haha.

Rachel says:

Michael, that is terrific.

Wishing you all the very best for your forthcoming meeting.